Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Assyria Total War

Neboneed1Neboneed1 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello Total War Team,

Ever since I played your Total War games I became obsessed with ancient history warfare. I want to bring up a question that probably not a lot of people have asked you. Why haven't you guys created an Assyria Total War?? They were the most advanced and ruthless empire in the Middle East for hundreds of years and yet your team has not even brought the of name of Assyria in your developments.

Assyria destroyed just about every empire or kingdom they encountered (Babylon, Elam, Egypt , Media, Uratur, Aram, Nubia, Hittites, Isreal/Judah, Arabian tribes, Mitanni). If the Persians had some type of power during the Assyrian empire they would have undoubtedly got demolished too and would get wiped out forever just like the Elamites. However the Persians were just tribes at the time and a couple hundred years later they rose to power.

Oh and you can’t forget the Legendary Queen of Assyria. She conducted many military campaigns and went all the way to India with a massive army. Unsuccessful, but inflicted a great deal of damage to the Bactrians and Indians. There are still areas in northern Iran ( Tehran area) that has her name on streets and plazas because during her reign she would create fortifications and outposts in those same areas.

We also cannot forget the Assyrian Empire was one of the first if not the first empire that transitioned from bronze to iron weapons( Imagine how the the player would feel having iron weapons and easily destroying the other kingdoms because the other kingdoms are still in the bronze technology). They created the first battering rams and war towers. Not to mention they created the first library in the world.

I think you guys are skipping out on a great piece of history and this potential Assyria Total War game could be huge and extremely fun to play. Please let me know what you guys think about my topic I would appreciate it a lot.

Thank you ,

Neb Farhadi

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,752
    There's a lot of periods of time and regions around the world that haven't been covered. Bronze age has got some support but I think with Troy that's likely to be on the back burner for a while. There is the issue of trying to sell such a title to the wider audience.

One reason they aren't mentioned in other games/development is that they aren't of note in any of the other regions and settings.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,460
    I would like to see them, but as a part of a much larger 'Middle East' centered Total War game. One that stretches from the Minoans through Asia Minor and Mesopotamia on toward India and China. The early trade route. Early Egypt on the South, the Hittites, etc.

There is certainly a very fertile field to be plowed in that time period for game play, imo.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• greendolphingreendolphin Registered Users Posts: 53
    edited March 1
    The period is certainly very interesting but i have doubts about the potential unit rosters and experience of the battles since it might only contain light infantry, slingers and chariots.

Personally, i would love to see that period in a campaign pack for Rome 3.

But only after we get a medieval 3 and a gunpowder game, hopefully

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,376
    I imagine Bronze Age TW would suit your needs.
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?