Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why would beastman fans want DLC if they don't play the beastman campaign?

Comments

• Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 6,280
    oh good Lord...
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,377
    saweendra said:

We been over this. Many times.

Moonclaw Gang Rise UP!

Who is this character? Is this from fanfiction?
    nope its the best character that isn't some puppet of the chaos gods bm can get ,and from 7th edition army book

to answer your question if this poll happened before T & T you would see that WE were in just as bad place , it wasn't the best army book or the best design campaign by CA .

what BM has is potential customers who might play the game if excuted well , this means honestly the character they pick has to be good ( so unique if its like another khorne campaign yeah this gonna flop) as well as the campaign mechanics need to be intresting rather than what they currently have .

and the rework has to be smart, you're right hordes can be powerful so is every other thing in this game with the right player but they are not fun not even close so they need figure out how to make it fun .

also its important who they fight against as well many people also buy the dlc for the other half .

can all of this done in game 2 yes , but economically speaking i think CA will have easier time doing it in game 3, so i am not convinced next Lp going to be BM at all
    These are reasonable words with which I totally agree.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461

SPAM.

There are other 10 copy/pasted threads made by the same childish user...at this point is obvious that he's trolling. Do something, admins.

@dge1 @Canuovea

What cracks me up about these threads is it even brings out the lurkers to post.

People who just browse the forums while sipping their tea while they scroll through pages of me arguing with @mecanojavi99 or @ArneSo .

But a Veresh thread? That's the stuff to comment on.
    I saw users getting banned for much less. But looks like trolling and spamming copy/pasted hate **** is not a problem in this Forum.

Do you know other admins besides @Canueva and @dge1 ? I'll try to make this troll banned once and for all...unless someone in the higher spots is playing the 🙈🙉🙊 game.
    They don't care man. They're volunteers.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,461

Hermodr said:

I'm a strong advocate of freedom of speech but man, your repetitive posts about BM really pushes its boundaries...

People want me to talk about it, they persistently ask me about it in my topics about elves.
    WHO ask you that?!"

CA ADMINS?
    His backup Ulthuan Volcano account.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

Kia Kaha and C'est La Vie Kiwi123, neodeinos and FungusHound, the mighty Troll Slayers.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 2,225
    Xenos7777 said:

oh good Lord...

He never stops...

He just never stops.

He ask the same question over and over and over.

And even when you answer him he talk about how no one have arguments.

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,806
    You are right in that I think the Beastmen are objectively, statistically, the least popular race, and likely will remain so even after the DLC. You are WRONG in that this means they don't deserve an update/that the Game would be made better by leaving them in the dust.

SOMEBODY is going to be the least popular race. They can't all be 'equally popular'. But if content is dolled out based on popularity alone, the game becomes less diverse and developed overall, with only a handful of races getting the majority of the attention. The overall size of the playerbase would be smaller too, leading to a smaller development budget for the few races that are getting content. The playerbase/budget for EVERYBODY is higher as more races are catered to.

The STRENGTH of this series, is its racial diversity. The fact that it isn't just a handful. That's what separates Rome from other historical titles in terms of battles. It's what separates 3K from other historical titles on the Campaign Map. People like having a diverse selection of play experiences to choose from.

Even if, hypothetically,(and this isn't even true) EVERYONE who played this game was a major Elf fan. This game would be a WORSE Game to play if it was ONLY Elves. Other races being well developed enhance the experience for everybody. Even if you never play the race, giving it a more diverse roster and a stronger presence on the campaign map gives you more engaging opponents to fight on the battle map and a more engaging diplomacy situation. So improving the Beastmen also improves NON-Beastmen campaigns.

I'm not delusional or a Beastmen fanboy. It WOULD be a waste of CA's time to give the Beastmen 3 Lord Packs and 7 LL's. Such a smaller number of people play it, that such a huge investment would lead to diminishing returns that could be better spent developing a new race or something like that.

But there's a difference between giving the Beastmen NOTHING, and giving the Beastmen as much as Elves or Skaven. The Beastmen deserve some level of middle ground attention. The game will be better for it.
    TL;DR: The Beastmen deserve a lord pack/update. Maybe not MULTIPLE lord packs/updates. But at least one makes the game better for everybody, even non-Beastmen players.
  • MythrilSoulMythrilSoul Registered Users Posts: 896
    saweendra said:

Moonclaw Gang Rise UP!

nope its the best character that isn't some puppet of the chaos gods bm can get ,and from 7th edition army book

to answer your question if this poll happened before T & T you would see that WE were in just as bad place , it wasn't the best army book or the best design campaign by CA .

what BM has is potential customers who might play the game if excuted well , this means honestly the character they pick has to be good ( so unique if its like another khorne campaign yeah this gonna flop) as well as the campaign mechanics need to be intresting rather than what they currently have .

and the rework has to be smart, you're right hordes can be powerful so is every other thing in this game with the right player but they are not fun not even close so they need figure out how to make it fun .

also its important who they fight against as well many people also buy the dlc for the other half .

can all of this done in game 2 yes , but economically speaking i think CA will have easier time doing it in game 3, so i am not convinced next Lp going to be BM at all
    dont waste your precious time with veresh my good saweendra
    its easier to teach a rock advanced algebra than teaching veresh that there more than HElves in this franchise
  • HermodrHermodr Registered Users Posts: 139

Hermodr said:

I'm a strong advocate of freedom of speech but man, your repetitive posts about BM really pushes its boundaries...

People want me to talk about it, they persistently ask me about it in my topics about elves.
    I never saw that, I saw some inapropriate revenge trolling, but this must be what? The fourth or fifth post about "Why the BM would want/deserve a DLC "?? I mean, really, what could you possibly get as new information that you couldn't get before? Seriously???
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 4,817
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian U.S.S.RRegistered Users Posts: 3,437

saweendra said:

Moonclaw Gang Rise UP!

Veresh ADMITS Moonclaw Gang is best Gang when presented with overwhelming FACTS and LOGIC! PROOF!!!!!

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 809
    edited March 1

SPAM.

There are other 10 copy/pasted threads made by the same childish user...at this point is obvious that he's trolling. Do something, admins.

@dge1 @Canuovea

What cracks me up about these threads is it even brings out the lurkers to post.

People who just browse the forums while sipping their tea while they scroll through pages of me arguing with @mecanojavi99 or @ArneSo .

I saw users getting banned for much less. But looks like trolling and spamming copy/pasted hate **** is not a problem in this Forum.

Do you know other admins besides @Canueva and @dge1 ? I'll try to make this troll banned once and for all...unless someone in the higher spots is playing the 🙈🙉🙊 game.
    No words...well i guess i'll keep reporting and flagging all his comments and threads till an admin will be forced to jump on this troll **** thread.
    Valkaar said:

You are right in that I think the Beastmen are objectively, statistically, the least popular race, and likely will remain so even after the DLC. You are WRONG in that this means they don't deserve an update/that the Game would be made better by leaving them in the dust.

SOMEBODY is going to be the least popular race. They can't all be 'equally popular'. But if content is dolled out based on popularity alone, the game becomes less diverse and developed overall, with only a handful of races getting the majority of the attention. The overall size of the playerbase would be smaller too, leading to a smaller development budget for the few races that are getting content. The playerbase/budget for EVERYBODY is higher as more races are catered to.

The STRENGTH of this series, is its racial diversity. The fact that it isn't just a handful. That's what separates Rome from other historical titles in terms of battles. It's what separates 3K from other historical titles on the Campaign Map. People like having a diverse selection of play experiences to choose from.

Even if, hypothetically,(and this isn't even true) EVERYONE who played this game was a major Elf fan. This game would be a WORSE Game to play if it was ONLY Elves. Other races being well developed enhance the experience for everybody. Even if you never play the race, giving it a more diverse roster and a stronger presence on the campaign map gives you more engaging opponents to fight on the battle map and a more engaging diplomacy situation. So improving the Beastmen also improves NON-Beastmen campaigns.

I'm not delusional or a Beastmen fanboy. It WOULD be a waste of CA's time to give the Beastmen 3 Lord Packs and 7 LL's. Such a smaller number of people play it, that such a huge investment would lead to diminishing returns that could be better spent developing a new race or something like that.

But there's a difference between giving the Beastmen NOTHING, and giving the Beastmen as much as Elves or Skaven. The Beastmen deserve some level of middle ground attention. The game will be better for it.
    TL;DR: The Beastmen deserve a lord pack/update. Maybe not MULTIPLE lord packs/updates. But at least one makes the game better for everybody, even non-Beastmen players.

If Warhammer 2 had many more DLCs, then I would agree with you that they need an update. But since we have 1 DLC left, what's the point of spending it on animations that will be in game 3? This faction will no longer be played by anyone in game 2. Perhaps they have chances in game 3.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    Aaah, the fetid swamps of Troll Country have once again belched forth another one of these monstrosities.

SPAM.

@dge1 @Canuovea

No words...well i guess i'll keep reporting and flagging all his comments and threads till an admin will be forced to jump on this troll **** thread.
    What is trolling? I gave statistics and facts. People asked me for this in my elf topics
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 425

Valkaar said:

If Warhammer 2 had many more DLCs, then I would agree with you that they need an update. But since we have 1 DLC left, what's the point of spending it on animations that will be in game 3? This faction will no longer be played by anyone in game 2. Perhaps they have chances in game 3.
    They would be playable in the Immortal Empires map. And there are still many months before the release of Warhammer 3. I am not sure I follow about the animation's costs; they can always reuse them, whether they are made before or after Game Three.

saweendra said:

Moonclaw Gang Rise UP!

Veresh ADMITS Moonclaw Gang is best Gang when presented with overwhelming FACTS and LOGIC! PROOF!!!!!

Moonclaw not even try to be loved he is it, no one hate him not even the elves!

MOONCLAW FOREVER!

• ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,806

Valkaar said:

Your post(s) did not talk about Beastmen in Game 2 vs Game 3.

I personally am ambivalent to whether the Beastmen get their DLC in Game 2 or early in Game 3 when Chaos/hordes are likely getting re-worked anyway. I don't think it makes a strong difference one way or the other so long as they get a DLC.

Your OP was about 'wasting' resources on a Beastmen DLC at all. That was the argument I was addressing.

Beastmen = Abuse. I agree whomever is flagging, that campaign is abusive to play.

You right!

When i have childreen i gonna punish them by playing beastman vanilla!
    Valkaar said:

Valkaar said:

Your post(s) did not talk about Beastmen in Game 2 vs Game 3.

I personally am ambivalent to whether the Beastmen get their DLC in Game 2 or early in Game 3 when Chaos/hordes are likely getting re-worked anyway. I don't think it makes a strong difference one way or the other so long as they get a DLC.

Your OP was about 'wasting' resources on a Beastmen DLC at all. That was the argument I was addressing.
    This doesn't make sense for Game 2. Their campaign doesn't interest people. There is a huge demand and need from other factions. In game 3, everyone will be given DLC

saweendra said:

Moonclaw Gang Rise UP!

Moonclaw not even try to be loved he is it, no one hate him not even the elves!

MOONCLAW FOREVER!

We have it forever now, now Veresh has shown us their true feelings about Moonclaw. When Moonclaw LP lands he will join us as we raise that 0.7% achievement into a Steam first 200%! because that's how much we all **** love Moonclaw and the normies will get woke on Moonclaw.
    Hermodr said:

Hermodr said:

I never saw that, I saw some inapropriate revenge trolling, but this must be what? The fourth or fifth post about "Why the BM would want/deserve a DLC "?? I mean, really, what could you possibly get as new information that you couldn't get before? Seriously???
    We have fresh statistics that support the 0.7% achievement argument that the Beastman campaign is a complete failure and is not interesting to humans.

• MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,690
    edited March 1
    Its because:

1. They had a mini campaign in TWW1, were a TWW1 racepack and were played the most there.

2. Because they have only 3 LL and weird starting positions as a Horde with little to no Allies ( horde's probably need a rework as it is with one main settlement if u ask me. )

3. They lack: Lords, Hero's and Units which they did not get because of the Mini campaign and lack of content back then.

4. Everyone was expecting content and was really waiting to play them or played the new content that came out and forgot about them after the mini campaign.

Hordes in general like Nakai and Chaos warriors, need a rework, Cause u can not take risks and people find them too hard to play and the AI gets wiped out early, allways. since u need to be on the move sacking/raising and raiding / ambushing all the time. atleast the Chaos warriors starting position is great and has advantages and u can raise Norsca tribes as Vassals and have some Allies.

PS: A LOT OF ACHIEVEMENTS WERE MISSING AND WERE ADDED LATER EVEN FROM GAME ONE RACES IN GAME TWO AND A LOT WERE NOT WORKING. NUMBERS LIE IN THIS CASE.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,387
    Alright I think it's safe to say the sheer number of times this user has posted this exact thread is spam at this point. So on that note.

BEASTMEN!

(Last one is a baby Tigerman of Ind)

And I am one of the few still playing Beastmen, they're my go to HtH faction in the Old World. Bring em the **** on already.
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 616
    Currently 13 of the 15 races in the game are in a decent playable state. The biggest improvement they can make to the game is addressing BM and Chaos. On the assumption that we'll get some kind of Chaos overhaul for wh3, BM is definitively the most important dlc they can do.

If the BM campaign completion is as easy as the WE, they'll definitely quadruple in your favourite achievement stat.
    Helhound said:

Alright I think it's safe to say the sheer number of times this user has posted this exact thread is spam at this point. So on that note.

BEASTMEN!

And I am one of the few still playing Beastmen, they're my go to HtH faction in the Old World. Bring em the **** on already.

This is Moonclaw gang territory. You need to add Moonclaw. You have 20 seconds to comply.
    Marker said:

Its because:

1. They had a mini campaign in TWW1, were a TWW1 racepack and were played the most there.

2. Because they have only 3 LL and weird starting positions as a Horde with little to no Allies ( horde's probably need a rework as it is with one main settlement if u ask me. )

3. They lack: Lords, Hero's and Units which they did not get because of the Mini campaign and lack of content back then.

4. Everyone was expecting content and was really waiting to play them or played the new content that came out and forgot about them.

5. Hordes in general like Nakai and Chaos warriors, need a rework, Cause u can not take risks and people find them to hard to play, since u need to be on the move sacking/raising and raiding / ambushing all the time. atleast the Chaos warriors starting position is great and has advantages and u can raise Norsca tribes as Vassals and have some Allies.

3 - They already have 3 Legendary Lords. Why does the horde need even more different lords? Throughout the game, you can get 7 studs. Their hero the Minotaur gives very big bonuses. The second hero closes the magic. What else do they need?

5 - Hordes are very strong, it is very difficult to destroy them when you play them
    aMint1 said:

Currently 13 of the 15 races in the game are in a decent playable state. The biggest improvement they can make to the game is addressing BM and Chaos. On the assumption that we'll get some kind of Chaos overhaul for wh3, BM is definitively the most important dlc they can do.

If the BM campaign completion is as easy as the WE, they'll definitely quadruple in your favourite achievement stat.

Orcs have only 2%. The new DLC does not increase the popularity of a faction if people initially do not like it
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 4,817

Marker said:

Its because:

4. Everyone was expecting content and was really waiting to play them or played the new content that came out and forgot about them.

5. Hordes in general like Nakai and Chaos warriors, need a rework, Cause u can not take risks and people find them to hard to play, since u need to be on the move sacking/raising and raiding / ambushing all the time. atleast the Chaos warriors starting position is great and has advantages and u can raise Norsca tribes as Vassals and have some Allies.

3 - They already have 3 Legendary Lords. Why does the horde need even more different lords? Throughout the game, you can get 7 studs. Their hero the Minotaur gives very big bonuses. The second hero closes the magic. What else do they need?

5 - Hordes are very strong, it is very difficult to destroy them when you play them
    Considering you think Tyrion is underpowered and hard to play, I very much doubt you actually completed a Beastmen campaign
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 11,043
    @veresh1989 your asking the wrong question it should be which will yeild CA the best profit bm in game 2 or bm in game 3?

And against whom ?

These are far more important if Cathay taught us anything money talks
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 11,043
    Helhound said:

BEASTMEN!

(Last one is a baby Tigerman of Ind)

Tigermen are part of kingdoms of ind and is too civilized to not to be killed by rest of western bm for being too civilized or worshipping anti chaos gods
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
This discussion has been closed.