Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

CA, please revive TW Arena

Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 360
edited February 27 in Total War General Chat
The multiplayer based TW game is a great idea;
please notice Starcraft II and Age of Empires II, how popular are these strategy games for multiplayer,

To be objective, I think, it failed because of "pay to win" concept, TW Arena was "free", but You could buy in-game "coins" or something, buy a significant advantage, and that totally ruined the game

there can be "trail" version for free - with 2 factions and unranked match for example, and You can unlock full version, if You like it - it is fair for players, The CA would profit, and this system will select the people who like it, so it will have positive reviews, like Starcraft II the base version is free, and if You are in to it, You would buy rest

Arena is already ressurected in China, but european players have a problem to get in
Tagged:

Comments

• VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 437
    I agree with you.

But what I think CA should do is not simply just revive TW Arena, but also make another multiplayer focused TW game.

Because I can see certain reasons as to why some people were turned off by TW Arena.

Two major reasons may have been because the game was mainly just focused around the Roman period and that people would've liked to control larger armies.

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole team based battles mode certain had an appeal, but I think that a lot of fans like to control a big army themselves.

So what I think CA should do is make a multiplayer focused TW game where you can literally create your own armies from the ground up and play with them against other players.

Can you imagine the possibilities?

Though some of that would depend on if and how they implemented unit tiers and Troy's weight class system.
  • Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 360

Don't get me wrong, I think the whole team based battles mode certain had an appeal, but I think that a lot of fans like to control a big army themselves.

It is okay to have different opinion in the discussion :D

"lot of fans like to control a big army themselves" - perhaps that is the main reason of Arena's failure

Anyway I think, that the multiplayer in TW has potential
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 437
    Lotor12 said:

It is okay to have different opinion in the discussion :D

"lot of fans like to control a big army themselves" - perhaps that is the main reason of Arena's failure

Anyway I think, that the multiplayer in TW has potential

Yeah, I think if the game would've had some different modes of battles it might've been more successful.

But what I think that a multiplayer TW game really needs is to go completely all out by letting the players create their own armies from the ground up.

Though I think that two things they would need to do would be to introduce proper unit tiers and Troy's weight class system.