Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"Total War" series use "The Lord of the Rings trilogy"

faramir714herofaramir714hero Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello:

Excuse me, may I ask if the "Total War" series has the opportunity to use the theme of "The Lord of the Rings trilogy" so that a new game will emerge?

The elements of Middle-earth created by the British writer Tolkien seem to be suitable for the game mechanism of Total War games.

One day,if we can stroll through the Middle-earth of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (directed by Peter Jackson),become Aragorn、Gandalf、Boromir、Faramir etc,led the army to defend Middle-earth, or become Sauron、Saruman、Witch King etc,led the army to conquer everything,it is also a matter of great enjoyment.

From "Medieval 2: Total War" to "Total War: Attila", many talented people have created Mods related to "The Lord of the Rings",but it is a great pity that most of them end up finally.

~ Thank you for reading~

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,704
    https://strawpoll.com/7vfg8okpa

Check that out!

Middle Earth mechanics will revolve about the ring.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,466
    edited March 3
    Hopefully one day we will have a Middle Earth Total War. The races must be no less than
    The map could go as far West as Lindon, as far North as Forodwaith, as far South as hopefully even Far Harad and as far East as Rhun. The mechanics would depend on the race you play as.
  • bilbobaggins764bilbobaggins764 Registered Users Posts: 50

Hello:

Excuse me, may I ask if the "Total War" series has the opportunity to use the theme of "The Lord of the Rings trilogy" so that a new game will emerge?

The elements of Middle-earth created by the British writer Tolkien seem to be suitable for the game mechanism of Total War games.

One day,if we can stroll through the Middle-earth of the Lord of the Rings trilogy (directed by Peter Jackson),become Aragorn、Gandalf、Boromir、Faramir etc,led the army to defend Middle-earth, or become Sauron、Saruman、Witch King etc,led the army to conquer everything,it is also a matter of great enjoyment.

From "Medieval 2: Total War" to "Total War: Attila", many talented people have created Mods related to "The Lord of the Rings",but it is a great pity that most of them end up finally.

~ Thank you for reading~

Yes, this is the game most in the TW community ask for more than any other. Amazons tv show and universals "Tolkien land" will only enhance people's interest in middle-earth. It would also open the way for a second and first-age tw games as expansions. I see nothing wrong with trying to get the tolkien community, the largest phantasy community on Gods green earth, to join the TW community to make one game to rule them all.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,870
    LoL, "most"?

Got any actual surveys to support that? And I don't mean dilettantic garbage like some online poll on a fanboard, I mean actual surveys.

LoL, "most"?

Got any actual surveys to support that? And I don't mean dilettantic garbage like some online poll on a fanboard, I mean actual surveys.

Based on threads, polls, mods, and voting. They have been supplied on the many forums on this subject.

The majority want LOTR, if you have any evidence to counter please provide it.

LoL, "most"?

Garbage? Ouch! Your mouth is treasure then? Got any actual surveys to support that?

• TomCatMe0wTomCatMe0w Registered Users Posts: 96
    Lord of the Rings would be awesome as a Total War game and can work. But the real issue is if CA can get the rights to do it. The Tolkien Estate owns the majority of the rights and are said to be very difficult to give out as well as keep for a good duration. There's also the fact WB owns a lot of the rights as well.

For a TW game to be truly sucessful, CA would have to get rights from both of them; otherwise, there will be content cut due to copyright.
    People keep on worrying if CA can get the rights.

People forgot that there are already lots of games based on LotR.

Lord of the Rings would be awesome as a Total War game and can work. But the real issue is if CA can get the rights to do it. The Tolkien Estate owns the majority of the rights and are said to be very difficult to give out as well as keep for a good duration. There's also the fact WB owns a lot of the rights as well.

For a TW game to be truly sucessful, CA would have to get rights from both of them; otherwise, there will be content cut due to copyright.

I disagree, the rights to the books alone would be great and allow the CA artists to invent. the most popular mod would of course be one on the movies.
    If you want a LOTR TW contact CA let them know you want it.

https://www.creative-assembly.com/contact

and games workshop
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Contact-Us
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 30,870

I disagree, the rights to the books alone would be great and allow the CA artists to invent. the most popular mod would of course be one on the movies.
    No, no they won't.

If it doesn't have the movie series aesthetics, don't expect it to sell.

No, no they won't.

there is a thread up now on the idea of books alone please go and support your opinion.
    edited March 7

No, no they won't.

Are you sure? Where is your proof? Do you have data or basis for what you said?

I will still buy Middle Earth though.
    Post edited by jamreal18 on

No, no they won't.

Then CA will get the movie rights. Simple.

No, no they won't.

No need to buy rights. People can mod it.
    jamreal18 said:

No, no they won't.

No need to buy rights. People can mod it.
    I'm pretty sure that the movie visuals are both more recognisable as LotR and easier to make than creating entirely new visuals. And people won't be happy if Aragorn won't look like

I have no problem how Aragorn would look like as long as CA makes LotR, I'm happy.
  • virginia1861virginia1861 Registered Users Posts: 249
    and for those that do care, mod. besides ca might do even better.