Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tombs kings characters

apophas123apophas123 Registered Users Posts: 229
edited March 2021 in General Discussion
funeral kings-missing characters

Apophas: the favorite boy of many, technically it was confirmed that we would have him, CA said that he was one of the 4 initial LLs of the faction, but due to problems with his animations they discarded him, we will probably see him as an LL in the future not so far.

King phar: one of the great enemies of settra, probably the LL version of a normal funeral king, settra is a magician so it doesn't count, I think he will be free-LC.

Tutankhanut: the only character with a bow in funeral kings, your whole body is covered in gold, probably free-LC

Ramhotep: Likely LL in a khemri statues lord pack, just come with a true lord builder.

Nekhap: settra's bodyguard, this one if he's a pretty obvious LH, basically an LH duelist

Sehenesmet: a funerary priest within a construct, basically a bone giant that uses magic, I really look forward to this character.

Which ones do you want to see first? Which ones are your favorites? How do you expect them to arrive?

Comments

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,589
    Apophas and Sehenesmet are the ones I would be looking forward to the most.

Although King Phar and Tutankhanut are definitely characters that I would like to see.

Ramohtep the Visionary could replace Sehenesmet, but I prefer Sehenesmet because of being a giant LL.

• Lord_DistamorfinLord_Distamorfin Registered Users Posts: 1,326
    I will be 100% satisfied if we get Ramhotep as a LL and Apophas as a LH in a DLC. Nekaph would be nice to have for Settra, but I could live without him as long as the rest of the DLC is adequate units and generics-wise.
  • MalalforthewinMalalforthewin Registered Users Posts: 455
    I thought that they said that Apophas' animations were just too complex, because he is basically a swarm of scarabs. So, the statement was stronger then what you imply.

But yeah I hope to see him too as LL, even if technically in tabletop he couldn't lead armies.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,738
    Don't feel particularly attached to any of the characters but I want this;

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,221
    Sehenesmet for a construct focused LL and a giant size LL.

Tutankhanut for a mixed army with living troops of Scythians and a ranged LL.

Apophas could be both a LL or a LH, leaning more on the LH, being avaliable to all TK LL, like Kroak.

The others don't interest me.

"By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    Prince Tutankhanut please. He is not only the permanent ruler of Numas, he is a ranged lord which is something they don't have and he also brings living units to the Tomb Kings. Its as close to Araby as we are ever going to get. Sehenesmet or Ramhotep can be his LH buddy.

Apophas is an aweful choice, he is such an outcast that he can't be around anyone else. A place in 8th edition should not automatically include a spot in the Total war roster.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,741

Apophas could be both a LL or a LH, leaning more on the LH, being avaliable to all TK LL, like Kroak.

Jup those 3 are my whish candidates for the TK.
    Not-Tutanchamun is a bit boring but the prospect of bringing living humans with the tomb kings is interesting.

Sehnesnet is great as a construct LL. He even is a construct, so a momstrous lord for the Tk, making him very unique. Comparativly the alternative would be Rhamothep who is just an upscaled necrotect. That makes him boring.

Lastly Apophas is a quite cool and unique character, not just for the TK, but warhanmer in general. CA even whished to include him, but did not have the time or budget or both to implement him in a satisfying way if i recall the statement correctly.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,414
    High Liche Priest, Khemric Titan, Apophas and mayyyyybe a melee Bone Giant variation.

Great stuff for a Lord Pack.

The other characters are 'meh' to me and not really worth a LL spot, in my eyes. Apophas is the most distinct character left, CA has looked at him already and the TK roster is solid already.
    sykall said:

Jup those 3 are my whish candidates for the TK.
    Not-Tutanchamun is a bit boring but the prospect of bringing living humans with the tomb kings is interesting.

Sehnesnet is great as a construct LL. He even is a construct, so a momstrous lord for the Tk, making him very unique. Comparativly the alternative would be Rhamothep who is just an upscaled necrotect. That makes him boring.

Lastly Apophas is a quite cool and unique character, not just for the TK, but warhanmer in general. CA even whished to include him, but did not have the time or budget or both to implement him in a satisfying way if i recall the statement correctly.
    Yeah, I would make Sehenesmet the DLC one and Tutankhanut the FLC LL coming with the DLC and Apophas coming with the update/rework of the TK in game 3 as a LH, like Ariel.
    - Anonymous
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,954
    LL: Sehenesmet
    LH: Apophas
    Lord: High Liche Priest
    Unit1: Basteti
    Unit2: Bone Giant (Melee)
    Unit3: Khemric Titan

FLC: Tutankhanut

Amonkhet said:

Add the Bone Thrower to that list and that would be perfect.
    - Anonymous
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,987
    They could squeeze out one lord pack in game 3, but I'm expecting just an flc. Either way we're mostly like going to see something new for them.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,954
    Jote191 said:

They could squeeze out one lord pack in game 3, but I'm expecting just an flc. Either way we're mostly like going to see something new for them.

FLCs tend to just be one unit or one Lord or whatever. Unless they break the mould of FLC again like with Bretonnia, it won't really fit what they need: 1 more LL, the High Liche Priest (essential) and the Khemric Titan plus Bone Thrower.

• YakintonYakinton Registered Users Posts: 423
    Dont turn Apophas or Sehenesmet to LH or waste time and resources on a LH when there are LL material characters

Lord korak and the green knight was excellent LH, but those are the only one so far

No more LH Ariel **** please
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,304
    Jote191 said:

Id imagine they'll get a DLC in game 3 the same as WE got one in game 2, probably gonna be a long wait though.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,067
    Amonkhet said:

Sounds great. It would bring TK to 6 LL and the two last LL would be quite unique (a giant construct and a bowman). And Apophas as a LH feels better. I hope he'll come, in the future.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • SteelRoninSteelRonin Junior Member ChileRegistered Users Posts: 1,471
    Tomb Kings need new things, I support this!
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 622
    Sehenesmet is the one I want the most as a LL, seconded by Apophas either as a LL or LH. Ramhotep can be a LH exclusive to Sehenesmet, same for Nekhap and Settra.
    Other than that, Amanhotep could also be a LL starting either in Zandri or outside of Nehekhara. And no, he shouldn't be Vampire Coast, he's primarly a Tomb King, ruler of a TK city, and his crew is made of TK units (skeletons and constructs rather than zombis, vampires or undead sea monsters).
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,097
    For me Apophas and Rhamotep (or the priest in a giant who's name I can't spell). Sneaky assassin and support/construct buffing Lords, a nice way to round up the characters with some new playstyles.

For units the beetle construct is a no brainer, maybe a smaller version that comes in groups like the vampire coast's Prometheans? Possibly with vanguard deployment like the scorpion. I could see a version with 2 archers on top, or maybe tomb guard.

For generic Lords the high priest is the obvious one but what about a high necrotect on top of that?

And for a hero, I'm not sure. I'm thinking maybe an assassin of some sort, or maybe a bow hero? An ushabti champion to blend infantry in melee?
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    Cool options, but i think the first and probably the last will be Nagash listed as Tombking with a couple of unique units from 8th edition and being able to have Vampire Coast, Vampire Counts and Tombking units like Arkhan.
    Hopefully along with Neferata and Hobgoblins for the Greenskins.
  • unoalazarunoalazar Registered Users Posts: 85
    Amanhotep of Zandri

I still wonder, when will they release the version of the bone giant with the anti-large sword that they promised us?

A giant capable of killing a dinosaur would be what Khemri needs.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,294
    unoalazar said:

I still wonder, when will they release the version of the bone giant with the anti-large sword that they promised us?

They never promised that.

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,185
    CA mentioned that they already tried to make Apophas work, so my money is on him being added in the next TK LP.
    edited November 2021
    Neodeinos said:

unoalazar said:

Normally I destroy tomb kings with my lizardmen dinosaurs, if they gave him the option of the bone giant, which is capable of killing large creatures, it would be much more complicated.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,294
    unoalazar said:

Neodeinos said:

unoalazar said:

Normally I destroy tomb kings with my lizardmen dinosaurs, if they gave him the option of the bone giant, which is capable of killing large creatures, it would be much more complicated.
    The Bone Giant is already anti large though.

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 5,272
    they need confederation
  • Le_VilainLe_Vilain Registered Users Posts: 26
    why TK need Bone Giant anti large... we have necroshpynx
    they need more important units, like bone thrower, Liche High Priests...
    Le_Vilain said:

why TK need Bone Giant anti large... we have necroshpynx
    they need more important units, like bone thrower, Liche High Priests...

Bone thrower

Mummies

Khemri titan

Liche High Priests

Bone Giant with Sword

• TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    Ramhotep and Tutankhanut as Lords, DLC and FLC respectively

Sehenesmet and Apophas as LH, Access and DLC-companion respectively