Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Advice for playing skaven along with sending your most recent replays as an example?

JetFuelDingoJetFuelDingo Registered Users Posts: 65
So for starters, how would I win with skaven weaopns team on bad terrain?

Time stamp:

1:18:58

such as this one for example?

Comments

• XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,114
    I mean, Legend literally says its not possible. Playing the Skaven is about utilizing ambushes to their fullest extent. Pretty sure none of the Ambush maps are disadvantages to them.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • JetFuelDingoJetFuelDingo Registered Users Posts: 65

I mean, Legend literally says its not possible. Playing the Skaven is about utilizing ambushes to their fullest extent. Pretty sure none of the Ambush maps are disadvantages to them.

think there was one that legend disliked. But it wasn't on the same level as the one i just posted obviously.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,293
    I guess I don’t know what you’re specifically asking.

Are you literally asking, how to beat multiple stacks of Lizardmen specifically, with Weapons Teams specifically, on a specific map, on Legendary difficulty.... and just hoping somebody has a recent replay to show you from that exact scenario???

That seems like a ‘load a custom battle and just experiment for yourself’ scenario.

Or are you asking how to use Weapons Teams effectively in general? Cuz that seems like a more useful question to ask. But also something Legend has covered in multiple other videos, including literally the one you linked; so I’d be surprised if you didn’t already know the answer in a more general sense.
  • MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,620
    edited March 13
    Mostly, he just didn't have enough things to slow down enemy army (only 1 plague priest) and he could use howling warpgale vs rippers to not allow them to rip into the ranged units. With a lot more summons and warpgale it would be doable I think.

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,887
    That’s a very unique map so I wouldn’t worry about how to win in extreme situations. If your army doesn’t suit the terrain you retreat as Legend did.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,663
    That battle was pretty unwinnable. What he should've done instead was to bait the army into an ambush outside the walls, and then took out the garrison separately.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    You don't do it in one battle. You wipe out what you can without taking much damage and then withdraw. Next turn you come back with your healthy stack and finish the job. Since ammo and magic instantly replenishes to 100% after every battle, it's no problem.

Focus on the Dread Saurians, Ripperdactyls, and Ancient Salamanders then GTFO before the rest gets too close. Even if he has those building in the province to re-recruit, they take multiple turns.