Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grimm Burloksson or Malakai Makaisson as the Engineer LL for the Dwarfs (poll)

mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,334
Just a simple poll to see what is the general opinion on the matter, seeing how it is an interesting argument, feel free to state your reasons for one or the other.

https://strawpoll.com/y1kwpoo4q

Malakai

Grimm

Their respective wiki pages for those who don't know about them, so they have more info about them before choosing:

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Malakai_Makaisson

https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Grimm_Burloksson

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,069
    edited March 15
    Grimm is the engineer choice.

Malakai is more of an Expatriate Dwarf than anything, since he worked with the Empire(although, to be fair, I haven't read any books that featured him). And I don't believe in dual themes. It's gonna be just engineer stuff, would be my guess.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,005
    Grimm, without a sliver of doubt.
  • KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 466
    Grimm is just a dwarf engineer on foot with a gun while Malakai is a badass mix between engineer and slayer with a big ass airship.

Malakai all the way.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,714
    Thorek. Dwarfs need a rune/runic magic and reworked anvil of doom more than anything else
  • TancredQuenellesTancredQuenelles Registered Users Posts: 792
    in this poll Grim but ultimately his father Burlik Damisson
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 556
    Grimm. Though honestly I could see it being Thorek. One or the other, the other being FLC probably.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,751
    Crossil said:

Grimm is the engineer choice.

Malakai is more of an Expatriate Dwarf than anything, since he worked with the Empire(although, to be fair, I haven't read any books that featured him). And I don't believe in dual themes. It's gonna be just engineer stuff, would be my guess.

He in a latter gotrek and felix books can't remember the name of the book.
    Basically admitted to delaying his doom.to to work as a engineer in imperial school.

And the the earlier book one with thunderbarge admitted he was kind of scared of dying
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 279
    Another vote for Thorek.

Grimm is cool and would otherwise be my preference, but Thorek is emblematic of runes, which is a far more exigent missing element within the dawi motif.

Keep calm and praise Hashut
    Beautiful artwork by Matt Hancox
  • Cody_811Cody_811 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 106
    Malakai for his duality that would match an engineer/slayer lord pack well.

With that being said, I would love to have both along with Thorek and Josef with Dwarves being my favorite fantasy race.
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,808
    At best Malakai could be a Legendary Hero. Practically he should just be a RoR..
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,088
    Thorek, runes and anvil of doom first.

Between these two probably Malakai. But maybe Burlok the cyborg before Malakai.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,792
    Malakai- He's a badass with an airship, and you can package him with slayer & engineering units.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,334
    People, this is not a poll about what is the most needed LL for the Dwarfs, I myself think Thorek should come before any one else, this is about if given a choice between this 2, who would you choose as a LL.
  • UagrimUagrim Registered Users Posts: 1,898
    Grimm all the way. Shotgun and Power Armour just make unique unlike unbreakable which isn't anything new in the dawi roster plus he is not known for stuff exploding in his face spectacularly.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,096
    edited March 15
    Thorek is probably the lords dwarf need most. But in his absence I vote for Grimm. He fits the dwarfs better as a LL then Malakai. And we have 2 slayer characters already. We do not need more of them. Dwarfs are more than slayers after all. And these other aspects should recieve proper attention.

Also grimms model looks way cooler
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 24,748
    Lol Malakai but of course.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 24,748
    But to settle this grudge, I think we can easily get both. Their LPs don’t overlap at all and even their mechanics could be quite different.

Slayer LP: Malakai
    Engineer LP: Grimm

FLC: Thorek

WD Promo: Bugmann
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • VeldrinarVeldrinar Registered Users Posts: 212
    100% Grimm. I might be biased since I own his mini, but he's just far more interesting a concept than a hybrid to me. Go full engineering or don't go engineering at all.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,963
    Malakai Makaisson. I love this character from Gotrek and Felix books. Malakai Makaisson have huge potencial for interesting mechanics and own thematic Slayer lord pack.

Grimm Burloksson? I don't really care about him. Malakai Makaisson is far more unique and interesting character than him.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,074

and

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,111
    Malakai, would like to see those airship models. Plus, a slayer engineer would be a unique option with a mix of abilities.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,751
    edited March 15
    Does everyone know that you don't need malakai to get thunderbarges malakai have one.

Zuffbar have four. Grimm i believe has ties to zuffbar
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,802

Malakai, would like to see those airship models. Plus, a slayer engineer would be a unique option with a mix of abilities.

We can have airships either way. Malakai is not even the inventor of the thunderbarge as many claim.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,321
    My preference would be Malakai as a LH, alongside Grimm (or Thorek - whosoever comes with the Slayer stuff and Thunderbarge).

If I were a dev adding one of the two as a new LL, I'd have to go with Grimm. He is zeroed in on a traditional pillar of the Warhammer Dwarf archetype that is not yet represented. So the vote with my head is for him.

If I were just picking who I like better (as a character and visually), then Malakai. He gets the vote of my heart.

(I flipped a coin and it came up heads, so I voted for Grimm in the poll.)
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,963
    edited March 15
    saweendra said:

Does everyone know that you don't need malakai to get thunderbarges malakai have one.

Zuffbar have four. Grimm i believe has ties to zuffbar

Sure, thunderbarge can really be add in lord pack with Malakai or Grimm. We can even get thunderbarge in lord pack with non-engineer character like Thorek.

Whole Malakai Makaisson vs Grimm Burloksson conflict is really same like with Nakai vs Gor-Rok, Rakarth vs Malus or Imrik vs Eltharion. I hope CA will simple add one guy in DLC and second guy as FLC legendary lord. B)
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,713
    Malkai- more interesting and more of a unique model and character. In my opinion he fits better with the missing dwarf units that I’d like to see.
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    Grimm is the best choice of all dwarfs
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,882
    edited March 15
    I think they both would work great togethet. Grimm as LL and Malakai as a LH, both working together, Grimm leading the army while Malakai brings his experimental units, goblin hewer, thunder barge and I think there was a wagon with a machine gun from G&F novels.

Grimms units could be the Rune Golem, maybe a unit off minors all with steam drills, deathroller, engineers with gyrocopter mounts
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,365
    edited March 15
    Definitely Grimm, he gots the mechanical arm and big double barrel shotgun. Also he's from Zuffbar which is where dwarfs build all kinds of crazy machines including the thunderbarge!!!

Sure Malakai can get some slayer units, but I definitely think dwarfs should focus more on the engineering stuff. Oh and lots of gun powder!!
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,827
    Grimm ! after Thorek of course. With Josef Bugman, they are the top 3 for me.

Then, only if all of them are in (which is not sure, or not coming before a very long time!), Malakai could be fun as a hybrid slayer/ranged LL or LH.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
This discussion has been closed.