Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Steam DB after Rakarth

13»

Comments

• Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,842

I think it was stated that there is one more paid DLC coming for tww2.

It was around the official information release about TWW 3 if i remember.

fair they never say what kind of dlc.

They did say it release of t&t

• Yurisusuki#2746Yurisusuki#2746 Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,367

Skaven, Skaven, Skaven and Skaven.

The secret preorder race for TWW 3 is also Skaven.

Finally some skaven!
    Too much time without skaven, I think CA hate skaven
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• ScreamimgEnvyScreamimgEnvy Registered Users Posts: 912
    "Campaign Pack is coming!"

"No! Race Pack is coming!"

"No! Beastmen LP is coming!"

"Kek no! Beastmen will get a DLC in WH7"

"No! Triple Lord Pack is coming!"

"No Triple Campaign Packs in late aug!"

"No! 4 Denuvo are coming!"

... I have an idea! Open a thread on Reddit, tag Grace and ask her if the next DLC is a LP or a Campaign Pack or a Weed Pack or wathever...
    Team Monogods - #JusticeForTzeentch

• Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,110
    you guys do remember the blog post when warhammer 3 was revealed?

it clearly states in the blog that warhammer 2 will receive 1 more lord pack, so no campaign pack comming. you will have to wait for the glorious chorfs and ogres campaign packs for warhammer 3.
    although i bet whatever minor race pack they release as preorder will be spicy as well ;)

regarding development and steam (my own experience as a QA tester for several games).

pre production starts a loot sooner than you would imagine, escpecially for dlc.
    i remember content being planned far in advance in my case:
    content 1: QA testing, bug fixing with mainly programmers, release imminent
    content 2: heavy development, models/animations being worked on. implementation by programmers to be done.
    content 3: pre production by game designers and management (financial planning / time frames / etc.)

i am betting that this will also apply to CA and Warhammer.
    (except if they have really bad management and decide how to proceed on the fly. i do not think that CA falls under this category)

in my experience a lot of work has been done until the developer opens a steam entry for the new content. planning / animating / model crafting can all be accomplished without needing steam. once heavy modification of the game starts and programming is handeled you bring all the stuff together and throw it onto steam. this way the developer can see how everything works together and give access to QA for testing to start (especially if you do not have your own QA testers and rely on external contractors or volunteers.

and i am fairly certain, that CA does have multiple dlc content teams, as shifting many human resources from project x to y can severly reduce the effectiveness of the workforce and delay production. time is money and CA and ultimately SEGA want to have as much of a profit as possible (capitalism ho!).
    Killertut said:

it clearly states in the blog that warhammer 2 will receive 1 more lord pack, so no campaign pack comming. you will have to wait for the glorious chorfs and ogres campaign packs for warhammer 3.
    although i bet whatever minor race pack they release as preorder will be spicy as well ;)

regarding development and steam (my own experience as a QA tester for several games).

pre production starts a loot sooner than you would imagine, escpecially for dlc.
    content 2: heavy development, models/animations being worked on. implementation by programmers to be done.
    content 3: pre production by game designers and management (financial planning / time frames / etc.)

(except if they have really bad management and decide how to proceed on the fly. i do not think that CA falls under this category)

in my experience a lot of work has been done until the developer opens a steam entry for the new content. planning / animating / model crafting can all be accomplished without needing steam. once heavy modification of the game starts and programming is handeled you bring all the stuff together and throw it onto steam. this way the developer can see how everything works together and give access to QA for testing to start (especially if you do not have your own QA testers and rely on external contractors or volunteers.

and i am fairly certain, that CA does have multiple dlc content teams, as shifting many human resources from project x to y can severly reduce the effectiveness of the workforce and delay production. time is money and CA and ultimately SEGA want to have as much of a profit as possible (capitalism ho!).

In the blogpost just say further dlc.

there is nothing from lord pack.

• Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 579
    Killertut said:

The blog page doesn't state it's a lord pack.

However, I agree with the rest of your post.

Also, I really wish someone got one of the CA CMs to clear up whether or not the next dlc is a campaign pack, game 1 vs game 1, or what. Would really help narrow things down.
  • Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,110

well yes indeed it does, color me surprised. my mind has played me a trick.

Killertut said:

To be fair, could've sworn they said it in the blog. Or SOMWHERE. A lot of people do, but we can't find it anywhere. lol
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,917
    The last 3 were added at the same time, that indicates to me they are the last dlc. With rakarth being first, I imagine as people have mentioned above the other entry must be some free piece of content. Maybe Nefratta flc with the skulls event.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,917
    edited March 2021
    Fossoway said:

Calling it now, the "Skulls for the Skull Throne" event is gonna be the Wargor. It was the Black Orc Big Boss last year if I recall, and they fulfill a similar role.

I know I just commented that it could be Nefratta but I bet your right. They added melee heroes to skaven and green skins in the last few patches who desperately needed it.

PS: Now that I've thought about it they do have the gorebull but I would still like the wargor.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,743

Killertut said:

To be fair, could've sworn they said it in the blog. Or SOMWHERE. A lot of people do, but we can't find it anywhere. lol
    They said only dlc lord packs for WH2 after releasing the prophet and the warlock.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

Killertut said:

They said only dlc lord packs for WH2 after releasing the prophet and the warlock.
    Tricky thing about that though is that they said for the two DLCs left, but this is beyond those two.

Though I do think it'll be a LP.
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,389
    edited March 2021
    Killertut said:

It doesn't state that it is a lord pack in the blog.

"WILL YOU BE CONTINUING TO SUPPORT TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER II AFTER THE LAUNCH OF TOTAL WAR: WARHAMMER III?
    As you might expect, our focus will shift towards supporting Total War: WARHAMMER III following its launch.

However, before then there will be a further DLC for Total War: WARHAMMER II which we will be releasing later this year."

If you were CA and wanted to end your game with a final hurrah and give your customers serious hype and something to tide them over for the next game, would you leave the last DLC as a Lord Pack and bloat a game already bloated with them?

I think, TWW2 changed things in the last few years with GW. Back when they made statements like "Only Lord packs left" and "No Araby currently" and "We can't make stuff that doesn't have official content" that was before GW revived the Old World and opened up. Cathay should never have happened if their rules stayed the same. Wood Elf DLC should never have happened.

CA has changed their minds many times on thing. REPEAT! CA has changed their minds many times.

What I think and hope for is a campaign pack to wrap up the game. One final race, the one nobody says is coming and nobody expects. GW and CA have an even closer relationship now than before. They may have worked out the details to implement Araby as a surprise, alongside Kislev and Cathay. It's not hard to fathom given the Old World is now a thing.

I think they are readying an Araby surprise.

Araby would satisfy several things:
    1. A new race to get excited about and keep us busy until WH3, to inject new aesthetics and gameplay into the game right when it needs something shiny.
    3. A final massive last hurrah for the game and a massive hype boost to keep people excited about TWW. It'll make the wait easier!
    4. A feeling of completion on the Vortex map where a hole was left and many people will feel happy. I'm sure they know a lot of fans are disappointed that Araby isn't here.
    5. Gives hope that CA will continue to flesh out the world and give us more of what we keep asking for, because they know we'll buy it, which in turn enriches both CA and GW and allows them to continue developing Warhammer.

It's a win for CA, GW, and us and it makes a little more sense now to me than it did a year ago. It's not just hopeful thinking anymore. Stuff has changed and old "mandates" by CA have already been changed.

This is Araby's best time. We should all hope for its inclusion, as that means we'll all get more of what we want later, and it'll be fun to play a new race right now while hype for 3 is unbearable.
  • gholingholin Member Registered Users Posts: 1,389
    edited March 2021
    The blog post didn't say it was a lord pack. It just said it was a dlc.

I think they'll end it with a bang. Araby is coming as a surprise.

Killertut said:

The blog page doesn't state it's a lord pack.

However, I agree with the rest of your post.

Also, I really wish someone got one of the CA CMs to clear up whether or not the next dlc is a campaign pack, game 1 vs game 1, or what. Would really help narrow things down.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450

Killertut said:

Tricky thing about that though is that they said for the two DLCs left, but this is beyond those two.

Though I do think it'll be a LP.
    No, earlier than that Grace, I believe, stated there are only LPs left for game 2. After P&W as @IamNotArobot pointed out. Also on the "2 LPs left thing" I assume she was not counting W&P in that statement, as it was about to be announced, but she may have been and plans changed idk.

But I very much doubt that the next DLC will be a CP, even without there statement on LPs being all that is left the DLC team need to work on the pre-order RP too, I doubt they will load up 2 races in a row, especially as they need to get it done by the time WH3 releases, or maybe even before that if the RP is added to WH2 (which is a possibility).
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTown#9604DaBoyzAreBackInTown#9604 Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Aside from the question of whether or not it is going to be Beastmen vs Lizardmen, I don't see why people would assume that Beastmen would also get the FLC when they already have had their FLC lord. Think of every race pack in the game:

- Tomb Kings
    - Wood Elves
    - Vampire Coast
    - Beastmen
    - Chaos
    - Norsca

None of them have over 4 LL. Why would Beastmen get 5? People talk a lot about "CA don't want to do X because it would **** people off" but 1 race pack out of the whole game gets an extra FLC and it will be all gravy? And people are overly prioritising the one statement saying "Need a WH2 race" while ignoring the other one that was "we want to give a fair shake to all races". How would it be fair for GS/EMP to get a Vortex LL but not Vampire Counts or Dwarfs? And if LZM get a 7th LL beyond Skaven/High Elves/Dark Elves, why would the fanbase not be **** off about that as well? Makes no sense at all to include Lizardmen in this lord pack.

With all that in mind if the LZM vs BMen prediction is correct, the FLC will definitely not be either of those races. It will likely be either Dwarf or Vampire Counts.

That is why I personally think what makes the most sense from a pure business perspective and with the info we have would be:

- Dwarfs vs Vampire Counts Lord Pack (With Beastmen Rework)
    - Beastmen FLC
  • YitterbumYitterbum Registered Users Posts: 412
    - Vampire Counts vs. Tomb Kings (Neferata vs. Apophas lord pack)
    - Tomb Herald (FLC Hero)
    - The Red Duke (FLC LL)
    - Thorek Ironbrow (Skulls for the Skull Throne)

That's my guess.
  • kratostatic#8948kratostatic#8948 Registered Users Posts: 1,053
    I would say that a surprise Araby/Amazons or whatever would be the one thing I can think of that would make me ok with the next DLC not involving Beastmen.
  • Man2008kind#9439Man2008kind#9439 Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2021
    ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Wait, what??? Rakarth is the... wait, he's the OLDEST entry??? I thought he was the second one.

That doesn't make sense, the oldest entry should've been the DLC. I mean, that is not something normally done, it is usually immediately added after the last DLC is done, there was a delay but that was minor. It should've been added after the last DLC, but it was added something like 2 months later...

I swear, this next DLC is gonna be something else.

Campagin pack
    Sorry, but only LPs left for WH2.
    Sorry but only two LPs were left before tWatP. That and tTatT.
  • Man2008kind#9439Man2008kind#9439 Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,856
    ASyrian said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Wait, what??? Rakarth is the... wait, he's the OLDEST entry??? I thought he was the second one.

That doesn't make sense, the oldest entry should've been the DLC. I mean, that is not something normally done, it is usually immediately added after the last DLC is done, there was a delay but that was minor. It should've been added after the last DLC, but it was added something like 2 months later...

Campagin pack
    There is a quote from Grace only LL from here on
    There is a quote before tWatP stating that only two LPs remain: tWatP and tTatT.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,743
    Those throwing Araby ideas, keep doing it, I think Araby is exactly what we need to say goodbye to WH2. Even if they make 2 lords for them and then we see in the future if we can get 2 more at the end of WH3.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

Aside from the question of whether or not it is going to be Beastmen vs Lizardmen, I don't see why people would assume that Beastmen would also get the FLC when they already have had their FLC lord. Think of every race pack in the game:

- Tomb Kings
    - Wood Elves
    - Vampire Coast
    - Beastmen
    - Chaos
    - Norsca

None of them have over 4 LL. Why would Beastmen get 5? People talk a lot about "CA don't want to do X because it would **** people off" but 1 race pack out of the whole game gets an extra FLC and it will be all gravy? And people are overly prioritising the one statement saying "Need a WH2 race" while ignoring the other one that was "we want to give a fair shake to all races". How would it be fair for GS/EMP to get a Vortex LL but not Vampire Counts or Dwarfs? And if LZM get a 7th LL beyond Skaven/High Elves/Dark Elves, why would the fanbase not be **** off about that as well? Makes no sense at all to include Lizardmen in this lord pack.

With all that in mind if the LZM vs BMen prediction is correct, the FLC will definitely not be either of those races. It will likely be either Dwarf or Vampire Counts.

That is why I personally think what makes the most sense from a pure business perspective and with the info we have would be:

- Dwarfs vs Vampire Counts Lord Pack (With Beastmen Rework)
    - Beastmen FLC

Is make no freaking sense, doing a rework for the bestman when dwarf and vampire also need major tweaks.

That also not fix Beastman roster at all, so to get ghorgon or Jabberslythe they need a legendary lord pack, that would mean if they get flc content, they still need a lord pack to fix there roster.

So would be better dwarf VA vampire alone.

Also! ONLY RACE ca give away for free was bretonnia, even drycha is bound to the Wood Elves dlc so you got to get around a pay wall, to play we in the mortal empire campagne and there new lord.

• Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,651

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    Which was stated to be subject to change. The statement is still valid.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,579
    gholin said:

I think they are readying an Araby surprise.

Araby would satisfy several things:
    1. A new race to get excited about and keep us busy until WH3, to inject new aesthetics and gameplay into the game right when it needs something shiny.
    3. A final massive last hurrah for the game and a massive hype boost to keep people excited about TWW. It'll make the wait easier!
    4. A feeling of completion on the Vortex map where a hole was left and many people will feel happy. I'm sure they know a lot of fans are disappointed that Araby isn't here.
    5. Gives hope that CA will continue to flesh out the world and give us more of what we keep asking for, because they know we'll buy it, which in turn enriches both CA and GW and allows them to continue developing Warhammer.

It's a win for CA, GW, and us and it makes a little more sense now to me than it did a year ago. It's not just hopeful thinking anymore. Stuff has changed and old "mandates" by CA have already been changed.

This is Araby's best time. We should all hope for its inclusion, as that means we'll all get more of what we want later, and it'll be fun to play a new race right now while hype for 3 is unbearable.

There is no longer room for Araby on the Vortex map. The north is taken by Repanse and Settra. The west by Sniktch and Arkhan, they are not about to move all that to make room for Araby. And the issue with Araby is CA/GW fear of backlash from the muslim community. This hasn't changed.

The Wood Elves ending up at 4 was a pure coincidence, because they started with 2. Beastmen need atleast 2 lords to be reasonably complete, they can't call it complete with 1. Tomb Kings need an update and they're at 4, but should really have 5 or 6. The original DLC limit at 4 is invalid and we should look more towards the WH2 standard of 6. As for Greenskins, they have a reason to be on the Vortex through Grom. Bretonnia has a reason to be in Araby because of the Crusades. The Empire... classic colonialism I guess. Dwarfs and Vampires have very few reasons to be on the Vortex and more reasons, lore-legitimate ones, to be in WH3. Neferata in the Silver Pinnacle, Thorek in Karak Azul, that sort of thing.
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450

ASyrian said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    There is a quote from Grace only LL from here on
    There is a quote before tWatP stating that only two LPs remain: tWatP and tTatT.
    And there is a Quote after P&W saying that there are only LPs left for game 2.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,335
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

Campagin pack
    Which was stated to be subject to change. The statement is still valid.
    No it's not stop making up stuff. This dlc was clearly weren't planned , hence lps left doesn't count.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc