Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Where is the ignore function?

Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
edited April 1 in Off Topic General
It's 2021. I'm not going to perform suicide by Mod, so get an ignore function implemented.

Thanks.
Campaign Management is for suckers.

Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,670
    Will be coming shortly after new forum avatars.

Or it might already ve implemented albeit onesidedly. Pretty sure anyone with a’ CA’ before their name has pressed the ignore button on the forums.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,612
    RikRiorik said:

Will be coming shortly after new forum avatars.

Or it might already ve implemented albeit onesidedly. Pretty sure anyone with a’ CA’ before their name has pressed the ignore button on the forums.

Indeed - they are missing out on quality forum content like this :D

• VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 1,078
    One has to wonder why the no baiting rule exists at all if action is never taken against it.

Reporting doesn't seem to have any effect towards baiting posts or comments.
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 5,795
    Vildvarg said:

One has to wonder why the no baiting rule exists at all if action is never taken against it.

It seems like people enjoy swallowing those baits just fine.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Registered Users Posts: 2,375
    Vildvarg said:

Well, CA wanted to update/clarify the forum rules. Seems they forgot it.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,670

Vildvarg said:

Well, CA wanted to update/clarify the forum rules. Seems they forgot it.
    Soon.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,207
    edited March 31
    Must not.... make.... comment against...... rules..... URRRRRGH. Aight. Back in control.

There is an ignore function, it's called genuinely not caring what some people say. A mental block list to steal the term from Drax. There's several people who I do this with, skim past comments, report as necessary, move on without caring about the actual comment beyond any lulz within.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name

• davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,930
    Ignore function? It's found within your own sense of positive freedom. The ability to ignore is human, we don't require a machine to do it for us.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 1,078
    SerPus said:

Vildvarg said:

It seems like people enjoy swallowing those baits just fine.
    There's always going to be people who take the bait. I can change what I do, but I can't control everyone.

That said a rule against baiting does exist and it's not enforced.

I understand that it's difficult to tell sometimes, but one should be able to objectively look at posting history, the results of said post, look then at said reported post and put two and two together that certain people are just trying to get a rise out of others again and again and close said thread and give a warning about baiting before said thread gets out of hand like nearly every other one has.

It baffles me that you have to practically admit to baiting before you're ever reprimanded for it.

You can always twist a reason out about how a baiting post might be a legitimate attempt at conversation, at some point you should stop excusing people for the same repeated "mistakes" over and over.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,080
    Just read what you want and ignore what you want.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,574

If that had ever worked trolls wouldn't exist.

• GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,171
    Ahh surge I knew you wouldn't be long for the forum too loud too stubborn. Who did you **** off this time? And do you ever get sick of being wrong? I sure don't about Cathay ahahaha.
    Prophet of Cathay.

Works for me every single time.
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,798
    Gamgee said:

Ahh surge I knew you wouldn't be long for the forum too loud too stubborn. Who did you **** off this time? And do you ever get sick of being wrong? I sure don't about Cathay ahahaha.

Check out his latest masterpieces of arguments:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/286336/is-anyone-else-not-bothered-by-the-daemons-of-chaos-in-the-third-game#latest
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/286825/wh3-is-gonna-be-the-biggest-and-most-exciting-strategy-game-ca-has-ever-made-tim-heaton#latest
  • Stacks_LeeStacks_Lee Registered Users Posts: 106

I ignore the usual suspects just fine, I still don't want my topic list polluted with their threads.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,507
    Impressive gentlemen. I'm asking about an ignore function. 90% of this thread is spam or trolling in response.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,574

You aren't the internet.

• Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,798
    Surge_2 said:

Impressive gentlemen. I'm asking about an ignore function. 90% of this thread is spam or trolling in response.

It's called fighting fire with fire, and it works.

You aren't the internet.
    100% success rate on the internet. Literally cannot fail. Total immunity against trolling! Easy and free.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,207
    edited March 31

Surge_2 said:

It's called fighting fire with fire, and it works.
    No it doesn't.

If you continue to break the rules you will get banned. It's just that simple. Especially if you're trying to do it with someone like Surge here who's completely chill. It's just you breaking the rules while he isn't. Personally I like you, I think you could be a good forumer. Please don't go the low route.
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name

• hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,596
    Vildvarg said:

Plenty of rules and laws that are poorly written and or unenforceable.

But what did I miss? There’s an ignore feature coming? Ah cool; we all will finally be able to ignore threads and users that claim 5min full stack battles are a perfectly fine battle pace, am I right?

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,162
    Moved.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.