Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

"WH3 is gonna be the biggest and most exciting strategy game CA has ever made" - Tim Heaton

1234568»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,778
    Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Hyped for Cathay. It could easily be the best race in the entire game, and I imagine the most popular by a good margin. 3 LPs and lots of love for it too.

3LP for Cathay while major races are still sitting on one, absolutely horrifying
    Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.
    Dwarfs only have 1, vampires only have 1, beastmen and warriors of chaos have none, tomb kings have none.

We've gone through this my dude. Answered already.

I've no problem with Dwarfs, TK, & VC getting extra LPs. It doesn't mean Cathay can't get 3. Every game 2 race has 2 or 3 sans the Campaign packs.
    So why you keep saying Monogods should get only 1 LP and half-rosters?

I'm just asking. I'd love to get an answer.
    Because having SIX of each God-aligned Chaos Champions is ghoulish overkill?
    Pretty much. I figure Chaos getting half the Lord Packs in game 3 makes sense. More seems like overkill.
    This is why ' it's gotta be 6' is stupid.

Even I agree, it's far too much for Chaos.
    What are your thoughts on the goal LLs?

For me
    6 is ridiculous
    5 Seems really high
    4 Seems about right
    3 would be a base minimum.

Because i lookbat it, and if they're not including BM characters then they get 1 GD named, 1 Herald, 1 Mortal (or former mortal) then 1 extra other.
    4 each for every Game 3 race, and a single LL for every game 2/1 race.

Ultimately, the Monos make it very possible to see a flood of Chaos, and my view on Kislev/Cathay is clear.

I don't think Ogres, CDwarves, or DoW should be over 4 either.
    That's fair.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,466
    Bayes said:

Bayes said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Hyped for Cathay. It could easily be the best race in the entire game, and I imagine the most popular by a good margin. 3 LPs and lots of love for it too.

3LP for Cathay while major races are still sitting on one, absolutely horrifying
    Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.
    Dwarfs only have 1, vampires only have 1, beastmen and warriors of chaos have none, tomb kings have none.

I've no problem with Dwarfs, TK, & VC getting extra LPs. It doesn't mean Cathay can't get 3. Every game 2 race has 2 or 3 sans the Campaign packs.

Pretty much. I figure Chaos getting half the Lord Packs in game 3 makes sense. More seems like overkill.

For me
    6 is ridiculous
    5 Seems really high
    4 Seems about right

Because i lookbat it, and if they're not including BM characters then they get 1 GD named, 1 Herald, 1 Mortal (or former mortal) then 1 extra other.
    4 is a very good number, anyone should be happy with that. That is a total of 12 LL extra which is 4 full LPs worth including FLC. That is a crap ton. That is probably a little high for you isnt it? :D
    I go with 4 could propaly even think we get five.

But six is yeah hard to archive what i am find because we still get a ton of chaos chrachters.

Still please 6
    Each LP is 3 LL(includes flc). 5 more for each mono god faction is 20 more. Which is almost 7 full LPs with only chaos.
    That is around/ probably less than 3 years of developer time if we go at the same rate as now.

We should be more than happy with 4 LL for each mono faction imo, but I can’t blame you for wanting more.
    4 Chaos gods characters is totaly fine by me.

Just I like to be greedy when I can!

I think also CA just give us the most well known.

Because if we just get 4 Chaos gods chars then every addition count.

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 981
    Each Monogods will get 6 LLs, period.

1 LL - Core

2 LLs - Lord Packs

3 LLs - FLCs and TW Access

RESULT = 6 LLs

Just like what CA did to WH2 core races. Simple.
    This small fact alone should be all the evidence needed for people to quickly realise, that the Mono factions are going to reach 6 LLs each. Facts.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,267

Each Monogods will get 6 LLs, period.

1 LL - Core

2 LLs - Lord Packs

3 LLs - FLCs and TW Access

RESULT = 6 LLs

Just like what CA did to WH2 core races. Simple.
    This small fact alone should be all the evidence needed for people to quickly realise, that the Mono factions are going to reach 6 LLs each. Facts.

WH1 factions didn't get 6; WH2 faction did (apart from +1 in the next lord pack.

The patters then the amount of LLs change according to each game.

The monos equate to 1 'race'; 4 factions' and 4 rosters which is unique.

Don't ever try to know CA's mind, you'll end up getting it wrong. We have no idea how many LLs there will be.
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

• General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 3,696

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.

Thinking about it I'd change DE to VC to play off the Jade Vampires thing. I think I'll make it into a thread when I've got a lot kf spare time on my hands in a couple weeks.

2 Lord Packs for Cathay, and 2 for Kislev.

The rest, go to Chaos.
    3 Cathay
    2 Kislev

2 Nurgle
    1 each rest of the gods.

That way it's nicely split like the LLs are to start.

I'm sorry but you'll never get 3 LPs for Cathay. It is a canonically nonexisting race.

3 LPs Nurgle

3 LPs Slaanesh

3 LPs Tzeentch

3 LPs Khorne

2 LPs Kislev

1 LP Cathay + 1 FLC at very very very very best
    Cathay is a canonically full race. It will recive 3 LPs, just like Kislev. Past sources do not matter. Focus on the present.
    Cathay is a full race, you won't mind pointing to its full army list, multitude of characters with models and lore and it's extensive lore.

Oh wait
    GW are building Cathay and expanding its lore. It's canon - get over yourself.
    Never said they weren't, still aren't a major race.
    JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Cathay is the biggest faction in the warhammer universe. ending with 5 lord packs DLC is reasonable.
    kislev can get 1 but Chaos gods have not much to work. saying gods have numbers for a lord Pack is pipe dreaming

5 Lord Pack positions? Even Skaven might not get that many. Preposterous.

@Bayes Because DLC come with their own more focussed narratives nowadays, making it much easier to implement a whole lot of characters. Nobody expected Markus on the Vortex map, yet he has its own campaign on it. Same for the Sisters.
    So they will prioritize narrative, over source material, in a game that comes with its own focused narrative.
    But they will prioritize source material, over narrative in a dlc that comes with its own narrative?

I do not understand the difference between being a game and a dlc, both have their own narrative that CA creates.
    Humour me, I just want 6-7 Lords (maybe even 8 for the Empire and Vampire Counts) for the game 1 races. Just like with the game 2 races (7th for Skaven is all but confirmed, 7th for Lizardmen is very likely, as well). Game 3 will most likely not have a shortage on LL's, either. Maybe even going as far as 6 for every race.

Is this really too much to ask for? Especially if they come with those focused narratives.
    Sorry I will humor you, I like arguing a little too much.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that, I want to see the empire and game 1 races fleshed out a lot more as well. But 8 lords? Isn't that a little much? If they are going to make dlc for this game for 10 years, then yeah I am right there with you. But what if there is, lets say 5 years of content, maybe a little more. Then that many lords for game 1 races would mean that the game 3 races are going to be way behind the other races. And I definitely do not want that. (except for monogods, I think combined they should count as 3 races)
    Good to know we're in agreement on this part. ;)

At least 6 (not including DLC races), maybe 7 for a select few core races. And there are enough options to reach 8 for the likes the Empire: Kurt Helborg, Elspeth von Draken, Boris Todbringer and Emil Valgeir, or even Marius Leitdorf. Preferably and personally in that order. Likely? No. But they got the rules and models. Same with the Vampire Counts.

But, at least 6 for Dwarfs and Greenskins, and 7 for the Empire and Vampire Counts, and I'd count myself a lucky man. Give High Elves, Skaven and Tomb Kings 1 more, as well, and my dreams would come true. Anything more than that would be an unexpected blessing.
    So how much cotent is that? 4 LPs + their freelc? Which is aproximately a little less than 2 years of content given they go about things the same way they have, combined with the 2 campaign packs, maybe 3 years?

Then the rest for warhammer 3 core races? That seems super realistic for me, if we are looking at maybe 6 years of support. Unless I got something wrong there is space for both your wishes and the game 3 races getting good support.
    Hmmm, probably a bit more than 4 cross-over DLC's, especially if game 1 versus game 1/2 isn't happening.
    - Empire: Elspeth versus Tamurkhan is my bet, hopefully one for Kurt Helborg, as well. Bringing Knights Panther and other knightly units.
    - Dwarfs: Thorek Ironbrow of Karak Azul, or an expedition.
    - Vampire Counts: Neferata from Silver Pinnacle. The best choice, out of quite a few bloodline-characters. Hopefully with either a Walach Harkon or Zacharias FLC.
    - Greenskins: Either Snagla Grobspit or Gorfang Rotgut.
    - Beastmen: Might not have enough after one DLC.
    - Brettonia: Not sure, maybe FLC again.
    - Skaven: Thanquol, kind of confirmed.
    - High Elves: Maybe Aislin and the sea brigade.
    - Lizardmen: Might get something upcoming DLC.
    - Dark Elves: Kind of 'finished', to be fair.
    - Tomb Kings: Apophas and the Khemric Titan, definitely,
    Not sure about Norsca and Warriors of Chaos. The latter might be benefitted by the Monogod races. Norsca's problem isn't the amount of available LL's, either. It was always a bit of a 'minor' faction. It deserves updated mechanics and balancing, though.

So, at least 9 DLC spots for cross-over factions, I hope. Some extra FLC Lords, as well. I just hope DLC-development time gets shorter with less reworks to do.
    Yeah so that is basically what I meant, 4 dlcs + their free lc worth of content of just game 1 and 2 races. If they came with game 3 races every time it would be around 9 like you said.
    Which might be likely, seeing how CA said 'no game 2 DLC without game 2 core'. Sadly enough.
    he thinks it's probably important, it was an opinion not an official statement

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.

Thinking about it I'd change DE to VC to play off the Jade Vampires thing. I think I'll make it into a thread when I've got a lot kf spare time on my hands in a couple weeks.

The rest, go to Chaos.
    3 Cathay
    2 Kislev

2 Nurgle
    1 each rest of the gods.

I see how it is. Blood Frenemies then.
    Fix'd for ya :D.

Seriously think it's a good layout. Maybe swap Kislev and Cathay around depending who's more popular.
    Nah dude.

4 LLs for Kislev and Cathay each, tops.

It's bad enough, let's not make it worse.

Every other LL is Chaos, or preexisting factions.

Ogres and CDwarves are 4 LL race packs.

Book it.
    6 LLs minimum. Each.

I get why you don't like the idea -all good from that end- but I just see a ridonkulous amount of potential in the roster. Both really, both have a lot of unexplored potential. Cathay's got the most A+ material of any race to work from by far, and Kislev has a hell of a lot to work from too. Referencing base material not old WHFB lore there juuust to be clear.
    How exactly does Cathay have the most A+ material of any race to work with
    Think about it.

They're redesigning Cathay from the ground up. That means they can do whatever they want with it. That means for inspiration they have thousands of years of Chinese fantasy from the many, many cultures within China as base source material.

What people continually say about Cathay is the "doesn't have Warhammer Lore" thing, which is true, it doesn't. That does not matter. Wholly irrelevant. It doesn't matter because they're redesigning it, and to redesign it they have -undeniably- an enormous stack of A+ resources to base Cathay off of.
    We have no idea what they are doing
    edited April 1
    Bayes said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.

For me
    6 is ridiculous
    5 Seems really high
    4 Seems about right

4 is a very good number, anyone should be happy with that. That is a total of 12 LL extra which is 4 full LPs worth including FLC. That is a crap ton. That is probably a little high for you isnt it? :D
    Haha. Mannnn every time someone (with some exceptions) tells me I think this or I said that x months ago just picture a blank face ape occasionally shrugging or chuckling.

4's cool. Especially Nurgle. That's 16 LLs just purely for Monos. Plus the other direct LLs. It's a lot. Though I'd be content with 3 for my boy big red and Slaaaaanesh. 4's
    Post edited by Vanilla_Gorilla on
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.

The rest, go to Chaos.
    3 Cathay
    2 Kislev

2 Nurgle
    1 each rest of the gods.

I see how it is. Blood Frenemies then.
    Fix'd for ya :D.

Seriously think it's a good layout. Maybe swap Kislev and Cathay around depending who's more popular.
    Nah dude.

4 LLs for Kislev and Cathay each, tops.

It's bad enough, let's not make it worse.

Every other LL is Chaos, or preexisting factions.

Ogres and CDwarves are 4 LL race packs.

Book it.
    6 LLs minimum. Each.

I get why you don't like the idea -all good from that end- but I just see a ridonkulous amount of potential in the roster. Both really, both have a lot of unexplored potential. Cathay's got the most A+ material of any race to work from by far, and Kislev has a hell of a lot to work from too. Referencing base material not old WHFB lore there juuust to be clear.
    How exactly does Cathay have the most A+ material of any race to work with
    Think about it.

They're redesigning Cathay from the ground up. That means they can do whatever they want with it. That means for inspiration they have thousands of years of Chinese fantasy from the many, many cultures within China as base source material.

What people continually say about Cathay is the "doesn't have Warhammer Lore" thing, which is true, it doesn't. That does not matter. Wholly irrelevant. It doesn't matter because they're redesigning it, and to redesign it they have -undeniably- an enormous stack of A+ resources to base Cathay off of.
    We have no idea what they are doing
    This is just false.

We know for a fact that Cathay is in. We know for a fact that GW is designing them. There's a video from GW stating such.

We don't know the extent of the design process and how much of the old lore will be kept, but it's a fact that GW are designing Cathay for TWW3.
    Hyped for TWW3.

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,346

Loreguy said:

For those saying non-chaos factions going to the realm of Chaos cheapens it - are you forgetting that in the lore Ulthuan is basically inpenetrable?

Seriously, I think in the 5000 years between Aenerion's death and the End Times Ulthuan is invaded by exactly one not-Elf force - Grom the Paunch's waagh. And it's heavily implied that he had divine assistance from Mork (and/or potentially Gork). No-one has ever gotten into the inner ring, not even Malekith. Basically, no-one who isn't a High Elf should be there 95% of the time, and 4.9% of the exceptions should be Dark Elves.

And yet in game there's two seperate Dark Elf invasions forces going all the way into the inner ring (including the Shrine of Asuryan) and Greenskins (not even necessarily Grom himself) owning virtually all of Yvresse. Caledor and Yvresse fall to Noctilis (and Aranessa in Vortex) as often as not last I checked. Gameplay>"Lore", especially when it comes to who can be where.

We don't know what lore-justification they are going to come up with. Maybe Boris' sacrifice somehow protects mortals going into the Realm of Chaos. Maybe the fact that the dying god is dying breaks down the barriers between worlds. Maybe it's something else entirely. It's not even like going to the Realm of Chaos is impossible in lore - it's very hard, especially if you want to come back sane, but not impossible.

This is simply untrue... Yes, the Inner Kingdoms are safe, but that is at the expense of the blood of the Outer Kingdoms. Ulthuan is constantly beset by Marauder forces and other enemies, that brave their way through the enchanted mists protecting Ulthuan. This setup in the lore means, that Ulthuan CAN be penetrated and taken by other forces.

The Realm of Chaos on the other hand, is an alternate dimension so unknowable,so alien and so incomprehensible, that exposure to it shatters the minds of mortals and make them go irrevocably insane. This setup clearly indicates that the Realm of Chaos is unasailable by mere mortals.

CA is currently **** up and down on the lore. And people are gobbling it up.
    1) There are few mortals who manage to survive there.

2) Kislev and Cathay will probably don't launch invasion there. Realm of Chaos will be only for Demons.
    Of course there are mortals that survive in there, though the sanity of these individuals are usually questionable at best. But entire armies of mortals? No... Just no.... It is beyond the level of lore rape, to the point that it is adamantly clear that disparagingly CA doesn't care about the setting nor the lore..

So far what we know of the game, which is admittedly coppled together by unconnected statements, is that you will indeed be allowed to send your troops into the Realm of Chaos.
    Maybe they have a tech that give them immunity to chaos corruption.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,935
    Tayvar said:

Loreguy said:

For those saying non-chaos factions going to the realm of Chaos cheapens it - are you forgetting that in the lore Ulthuan is basically inpenetrable?

Seriously, I think in the 5000 years between Aenerion's death and the End Times Ulthuan is invaded by exactly one not-Elf force - Grom the Paunch's waagh. And it's heavily implied that he had divine assistance from Mork (and/or potentially Gork). No-one has ever gotten into the inner ring, not even Malekith. Basically, no-one who isn't a High Elf should be there 95% of the time, and 4.9% of the exceptions should be Dark Elves.

And yet in game there's two seperate Dark Elf invasions forces going all the way into the inner ring (including the Shrine of Asuryan) and Greenskins (not even necessarily Grom himself) owning virtually all of Yvresse. Caledor and Yvresse fall to Noctilis (and Aranessa in Vortex) as often as not last I checked. Gameplay>"Lore", especially when it comes to who can be where.

We don't know what lore-justification they are going to come up with. Maybe Boris' sacrifice somehow protects mortals going into the Realm of Chaos. Maybe the fact that the dying god is dying breaks down the barriers between worlds. Maybe it's something else entirely. It's not even like going to the Realm of Chaos is impossible in lore - it's very hard, especially if you want to come back sane, but not impossible.

This is simply untrue... Yes, the Inner Kingdoms are safe, but that is at the expense of the blood of the Outer Kingdoms. Ulthuan is constantly beset by Marauder forces and other enemies, that brave their way through the enchanted mists protecting Ulthuan. This setup in the lore means, that Ulthuan CAN be penetrated and taken by other forces.

The Realm of Chaos on the other hand, is an alternate dimension so unknowable,so alien and so incomprehensible, that exposure to it shatters the minds of mortals and make them go irrevocably insane. This setup clearly indicates that the Realm of Chaos is unasailable by mere mortals.

2) Kislev and Cathay will probably don't launch invasion there. Realm of Chaos will be only for Demons.
    Of course there are mortals that survive in there, though the sanity of these individuals are usually questionable at best. But entire armies of mortals? No... Just no.... It is beyond the level of lore rape, to the point that it is adamantly clear that disparagingly CA doesn't care about the setting nor the lore..

So far what we know of the game, which is admittedly coppled together by unconnected statements, is that you will indeed be allowed to send your troops into the Realm of Chaos.
    Yes, Tech that is better than the Old Ones. Yes...yes...this makes perfect sense.

Just stop. Its an absolute joke, and makes a mockery of decades of lore. lol
    Beastmen

Tech: Magic of the old ones. You are now immune to the effects of a timeless hellscape formed by all of humanities misdeeds and evils.
    Hyped for TWW3.

• LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,923
    Enough derailing my thread with wild speculations and personal bs.
    As far as we know every single Core Race of the 3rd Game will have 6 LL's because it is the standard now.

They will get more?
    They will get less?
    They will lack the 50% of the contents other Races have?
    They won't have LP's?
    They will have 100 LP's?

. . . Until CA doesn't show up and confirm/debunk that stuff, your "bro, trust me" is and remains irrelevant. A Fan-Fiction or wathever you wanna call it.

Saying Godzilla and Wonder Woman will be present as Races in WH3 has the same value as saying this Race will have 3 LL's or this Race will have 90 LL's. Cuz the source is always the same: "bro, trust me."
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 4,906
    Ludbone said:

As far as we know every single Core Race of the 3rd Game will have 6 LL's because it is the standard now.

They will get more?
    They will get less?
    They won't have LP's?
    They will have 100 LP's?

. . . Until CA doesn't show up and confirm/debunk that stuff, your "bro, trust me" is and remains irrelevant. A Fan-Fiction or wathever you wanna call it.

Saying Godzilla and Wonder Woman will be present as Races in WH3 has the same value as saying this Race will have 3 LL's or this Race will have 90 LL's. Cuz the source is always the same: "bro, trust me."

6 LL's isn't a 'standard', as Lizardmen might soon get 7 and the WH1 cores have either 4 or 5 of them.

CA never set a standard, they did say not every race can get equal treatment, though. As the TT was unequal to begin with.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,643

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.

The rest, go to Chaos.
    3 Cathay
    2 Kislev

2 Nurgle
    1 each rest of the gods.

I'm sorry but you'll never get 3 LPs for Cathay. It is a canonically nonexisting race.

3 LPs Nurgle

3 LPs Slaanesh

3 LPs Tzeentch

3 LPs Khorne

2 LPs Kislev

Cathay is a canonically full race. It will recive 3 LPs, just like Kislev. Past sources do not matter. Focus on the present.
    Cathay is a full race, you won't mind pointing to its full army list, multitude of characters with models and lore and it's extensive lore.

Oh wait
    They are. They are the biggest nation of the Warhammer World. That alone makes them a major race.
  • JadawinKhanidiJadawinKhanidi Registered Users Posts: 1,486
    I don't really care about size or number of factions and so on, but I'm very excited to hopefully soon get some details on what they actually did in terms of creating a new game. Things like good siege battles and other new or improved game mechanics that benefit all races and campaigns. Factions and units are just 'content packs', not a new game.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 1,923
    JungleElf said:

Ludbone said:

They will get more?
    They will get less?
    They won't have LP's?
    They will have 100 LP's?

6 LL's isn't a 'standard', as Lizardmen might soon get 7 and the WH1 cores have either 4 or 5 of them.

CA never set a standard, they did say not every race can get equal treatment, though. As the TT was unequal to begin with.
    It's the "basement" for the Core Races NOW.

7 LL's for Lizardmen? Good. Until that moment the standard, or wathever you wanna call it, is set with 6 LL's from Core, DLC's, FLC's. Right now it's just fandom-speculation, just like saying some Core Races will get less while some will get more, some will end in the dust etc.
    What Rich_CA has said is that, by the end of the Trilogy, they want every Races being equal to each other in terms of contents.

WH1 Races ended with less contents because CA, at the time, didn't have the same budget nor the same success they've reached with WH2.
    Tell me, are the WH1 Races died? Did CA throw them in the dust? Nope. Last time I checked CA has released Reworks, LP's and FLC's for WH1 Races. . . and they will keep adding even more stuff.
    Yup, CA is adding contents, not the contrary.

And TBH. . . expecting CA to release less contents and cutting down contents in WH3, the biggest strategy game they have ever made in 21 years, is. . . stupid. Lemme say that.

Beastmen: where is the love?

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Tayvar said:

Loreguy said:

I am certain this is what they are going to go with. Doesn't cahnge the fact that it is a pathetic hairbrained excuse, and it trivialise the central conflict of the entire setting and it throws into question why the **** the Old Ones didn't just do all of this themelves, since they were infinitely more powerful than any mortal power...

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

Wo xiang wan Cathay!

Which major race has 1?

Cathay vs Orcs
    Cathay vs Dark Elves
    Cathay vs Ogres

Win combo.

The rest, go to Chaos.
    3 Cathay
    2 Kislev

2 Nurgle
    1 each rest of the gods.

3 LPs Nurgle

3 LPs Slaanesh

3 LPs Tzeentch

3 LPs Khorne

2 LPs Kislev

Oh wait
    They are whatever GW says they are. In reference to lore they are a major civilisation and in terms of content GW’s expanded them massively.. so, again - wrong.

JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Bayes said:

JungleElf said:

Cathay is the biggest faction in the warhammer universe. ending with 5 lord packs DLC is reasonable.
    kislev can get 1 but Chaos gods have not much to work. saying gods have numbers for a lord Pack is pipe dreaming

5 Lord Pack positions? Even Skaven might not get that many. Preposterous.

@Bayes Because DLC come with their own more focussed narratives nowadays, making it much easier to implement a whole lot of characters. Nobody expected Markus on the Vortex map, yet he has its own campaign on it. Same for the Sisters.
    So they will prioritize narrative, over source material, in a game that comes with its own focused narrative.
    But they will prioritize source material, over narrative in a dlc that comes with its own narrative?

I do not understand the difference between being a game and a dlc, both have their own narrative that CA creates.
    Humour me, I just want 6-7 Lords (maybe even 8 for the Empire and Vampire Counts) for the game 1 races. Just like with the game 2 races (7th for Skaven is all but confirmed, 7th for Lizardmen is very likely, as well). Game 3 will most likely not have a shortage on LL's, either. Maybe even going as far as 6 for every race.

Is this really too much to ask for? Especially if they come with those focused narratives.
    Sorry I will humor you, I like arguing a little too much.

Honestly, there is nothing wrong with that, I want to see the empire and game 1 races fleshed out a lot more as well. But 8 lords? Isn't that a little much? If they are going to make dlc for this game for 10 years, then yeah I am right there with you. But what if there is, lets say 5 years of content, maybe a little more. Then that many lords for game 1 races would mean that the game 3 races are going to be way behind the other races. And I definitely do not want that. (except for monogods, I think combined they should count as 3 races)
    Good to know we're in agreement on this part. ;)

At least 6 (not including DLC races), maybe 7 for a select few core races. And there are enough options to reach 8 for the likes the Empire: Kurt Helborg, Elspeth von Draken, Boris Todbringer and Emil Valgeir, or even Marius Leitdorf. Preferably and personally in that order. Likely? No. But they got the rules and models. Same with the Vampire Counts.

But, at least 6 for Dwarfs and Greenskins, and 7 for the Empire and Vampire Counts, and I'd count myself a lucky man. Give High Elves, Skaven and Tomb Kings 1 more, as well, and my dreams would come true. Anything more than that would be an unexpected blessing.
    So how much cotent is that? 4 LPs + their freelc? Which is aproximately a little less than 2 years of content given they go about things the same way they have, combined with the 2 campaign packs, maybe 3 years?

Then the rest for warhammer 3 core races? That seems super realistic for me, if we are looking at maybe 6 years of support. Unless I got something wrong there is space for both your wishes and the game 3 races getting good support.
    Hmmm, probably a bit more than 4 cross-over DLC's, especially if game 1 versus game 1/2 isn't happening.
    - Empire: Elspeth versus Tamurkhan is my bet, hopefully one for Kurt Helborg, as well. Bringing Knights Panther and other knightly units.
    - Dwarfs: Thorek Ironbrow of Karak Azul, or an expedition.
    - Vampire Counts: Neferata from Silver Pinnacle. The best choice, out of quite a few bloodline-characters. Hopefully with either a Walach Harkon or Zacharias FLC.
    - Greenskins: Either Snagla Grobspit or Gorfang Rotgut.
    - Beastmen: Might not have enough after one DLC.
    - Brettonia: Not sure, maybe FLC again.
    - Skaven: Thanquol, kind of confirmed.
    - High Elves: Maybe Aislin and the sea brigade.
    - Lizardmen: Might get something upcoming DLC.
    - Dark Elves: Kind of 'finished', to be fair.
    - Tomb Kings: Apophas and the Khemric Titan, definitely,
    Not sure about Norsca and Warriors of Chaos. The latter might be benefitted by the Monogod races. Norsca's problem isn't the amount of available LL's, either. It was always a bit of a 'minor' faction. It deserves updated mechanics and balancing, though.

So, at least 9 DLC spots for cross-over factions, I hope. Some extra FLC Lords, as well. I just hope DLC-development time gets shorter with less reworks to do.
    Yeah so that is basically what I meant, 4 dlcs + their free lc worth of content of just game 1 and 2 races. If they came with game 3 races every time it would be around 9 like you said.
    Which might be likely, seeing how CA said 'no game 2 DLC without game 2 core'. Sadly enough.
    he thinks it's probably important, it was an opinion not an official statement
    He’s the lead for DLC, I’m pretty sure his ‘opinion’ holds some weight. He described why the team do what they do, e.g. they don’t miss game 2 races out of game 2 DLC.

Tayvar said:

Loreguy said:

I am certain this is what they are going to go with. Doesn't cahnge the fact that it is a pathetic hairbrained excuse, and it trivialise the central conflict of the entire setting and it throws into question why the **** the Old Ones didn't just do all of this themelves, since they were infinitely more powerful than any mortal power...
    Yeah, tis rather irksome.
    Hyped for TWW3.

@Man2008kind

Reminds me, the Great Bastion. The fantasy version of the Great Wall. Man that could be so cool. A defence system good enough to withstand Chaos invasions. There's so many ways they could take that to make it visually stunning.
    Hyped for TWW3.

Before this thread drifts off the first page I'd like to thank the folk who made it a hella fun thread. Y'all know who you is.

I don't really care about size or number of factions and so on, but I'm very excited to hopefully soon get some details on what they actually did in terms of creating a new game. Things like good siege battles and other new or improved game mechanics that benefit all races and campaigns. Factions and units are just 'content packs', not a new game.

Yeah, t hat's the other thing that'll be really freaking cool to see. Just the sheer improvements, hopefully in stuff we've wanted for years (please kill supply lines CA).
    Hyped for TWW3.

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    At the end of the day, I have absolutely no doubt, that gameplaywise the 3rd game is going to be the best Total War game of all time.
    Ludbone said:

JungleElf said:

Ludbone said:

They will get more?
    They will get less?
    They won't have LP's?
    They will have 100 LP's?

7 LL's for Lizardmen? Good. Until that moment the standard, or wathever you wanna call it, is set with 6 LL's from Core, DLC's, FLC's. Right now it's just fandom-speculation, just like saying some Core Races will get less while some will get more, some will end in the dust etc.
    What Rich_CA has said is that, by the end of the Trilogy, they want every Races being equal to each other in terms of contents.

WH1 Races ended with less contents because CA, at the time, didn't have the same budget nor the same success they've reached with WH2.
    Tell me, are the WH1 Races died? Did CA throw them in the dust? Nope. Last time I checked CA has released Reworks, LP's and FLC's for WH1 Races. . . and they will keep adding even more stuff.

And TBH. . . expecting CA to release less contents and cutting down contents in WH3, the biggest strategy game they have ever made in 21 years, is. . . stupid. Lemme say that.

It's not, it's just how many they have done for WH2, it was different for 1 and could well be different for 3 - we have no idea.

Ludbone said:

JungleElf said:

Ludbone said:

They will get more?
    They will get less?
    They won't have LP's?
    They will have 100 LP's?

This is how every WH3 LLs thread should end till getting more infos from CA.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962

Tayvar said:

Loreguy said:

One of the theories for why the Old Ones disappeared right at the start of the Great Catastrophe were that they were creatures of such pure Order that they just couldn't tolerate the presence of Chaos at all. Based on quotations from the Lizardmen, in fact, it seems that the whole point of the project was to create soldier-races that could fight Chaos for them.

So it's possible that there are Old One devices that would provide protection for mortals, it's just that the level they provide wouldn't be enough for the more sensitive Old Ones.

That said, I suspect it's going to prove to be that 'dying god' that explains how going into the Realm of Chaos is viable.
    The common thinking is that WH3 wil have many Cross-Game Lord Packs. Do not tell me someone here thinks WH3 won't get them. Besides, all the 4 Core races of WH1 have more than 3 named characters, LLs, Heroes etc.

EMPIRE has 6 named characters:

- Karl Franz
    - Balthasar Gelt
    - Volkmar the Grim
    - Boris Todbringer
    - Markus Wulfhart
    - Felix Jaeger

VAMPIRE COUNTS has 7 named characters

- Vlad von Carstein
    - Mannfred von Carstein
    - Isabella von Carstein
    - Krell
    - Heinrich Kemmler
    - Red Duke
    - Helman Ghorst

DAWI has 5 named characters

- Ungrim Ironfist
    - Thorgrim Grudgebearer
    - Gotrek Gurnisson
    - Belegar Ironhammer
    - Grombrindal

GREENSKIN has 5 named characters

- Grom the Paunch
    - Grimgor Ironhide
    - Azhag the Slaughterer
    - Skarsnik & Gobbla
    - Wurrzag

Common sense and what all of you believe is that all of them will get more named characters in WH3 via Cross-Game Lord Packs.
    See? All of them have more than 4 named characters. VC has 7!

WH2? Even better!

LIZARDMEN has 7 named characters:

- Mazdamundi
    - Lord Kroak
    - Nakai
    - Gor-Rok
    - TiqTakTo
    - Tehenhahuin
    - Kroq-Gar

SKAVEN has 7 named characters. 8 characters soon:

- Tretch Craventail
    - Lord Skrolk
    - Throt the Unclean
    - Deathmaster Snikch
    - Ikit Claw
    - Queek Headtaker
    - Ghoritch
    - Thanquol & Boneripper (he will come. Confirmed by CA multiple times)

DARK ELVES has 6 named characters:

- Morathi
    - Malus Darkblade
    - Rakarth
    - Crone Hellebron
    - Lokhir Fellheart
    - Malekith

HIGH ELVES has 7 named characters:

- Tyrion
    - Teclis
    - Alarielle
    - Eltharion
    - Alith Anar
    - Imrik
    - Alastar (CA unique character like Cylostra and Ghorst)

See? 6 to 8 named characters for WH2 Core races.
    So i ask you again...why Monogods, that has tons of named characters for each lord and tons of units, should end with ONLY 3 or 4 named characters? How? This makes no sense!

Common sense suggests "The Biggest Strategy Game Ever Made by CA" will be superior or at very least equal to WH2, that means getting the same number of core Legendary Lords + Legendary Heroes.

CA can make 4 LLs + 2 LHs for each Monogod or 6 LLs + 1 LH or much, much more!
    They put Ariel and Kroak as LHs after all so every character can be either LH or LL.
    The important is getting most possible contents.