Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Thanquol

TheacutTheacut Registered Users Posts: 18
What do you think the odds are that if/when Thanquol is added to the game, he will be a Lord that any Skaven faction can recruit. Like how the people he despises the most, Gotrek and Felix are a Lord and Hero duo that any of the human factions have a chance to recruit?
Tagged:

Comments

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,301
    Pretty sure he was a full Lord option back on the TT, and he should be one in the game, as well.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,406
    All i hope for Our Lord And Savior Thanquol The Magnificent-Mighty is the following:

That he get a campaign rich on mechanics and a narrative tied to G&F

Oh and:

ONE GAZILLION BONERIPPERS!

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,112
    It looks like he will be a lord pack and will bring with him some stormfiends.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,986
    Very unlikely.

He's LP destined bay bay.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 5,351
    CA already told us a while ago that he would come in game 3, my bet is as a a the last LP for the Skaven, with Verminking as the FLC LL.

Gotrek was made weird (shoukd have been a LH) because he is no leader of a faction or anything, he just goes around in adventures, Thanquol is THE Grey Seer character and the best to represent them with a LL, with a dearly recent model from the ET and all.

My bet us that they will make Boneripper mixed, with 2 flamers and 2 ball fists.

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,392
    LP all the way.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 513
    edited April 1
    you can wait, give the game 3 races a year or two of peace before plastering thanqol requests everywhere
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 880
    Theacut said:

What do you think the odds are that if/when Thanquol is added to the game, he will be a Lord that any Skaven faction can recruit. Like how the people he despises the most, Gotrek and Felix are a Lord and Hero duo that any of the human factions have a chance to recruit?

Game 3 LL DLC/FLC. If the former then he comes with Stormfiends (because due to his newest Boneripper), some Grey Seer-centered units and Verminlords (three flavors of them, but hoping for also a Moulder and Skryre flavored ones apart of the Warlord, Eshin and Grey Seer ones).
    Ben1990 said:

Theacut said:

Game 3 LL DLC/FLC. If the former then he comes with Stormfiends (because due to his newest Boneripper), some Grey Seer-centered units and Verminlords (three flavors of them, but hoping for also a Moulder and Skryre flavored ones apart of the Warlord, Eshin and Grey Seer ones).
    I would imagine that the Verminlords would have a flavour for each Skaven archetype and be SEM, and then the Exalted Verminlords from Forgeworld would be a Lord option, with Verminking being the LL focused on them.
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Registered Users Posts: 11,088
    Thanquol or Ikit is the best skaven.

Thanquol needs to have his own faction. And it should centre on him being the chosen one etc
    It needs to be pointed out that what people call "cheese" is just playing the game the way it actually exists not in some fictional way they think it is supposed to work.
  • DulahanDulahan Registered Users Posts: 214
    Honestly. I admit I hate Skaven. Yet even I'm baffled at no Thanquol yet!
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,986
    afverrall said:

you can wait, give the game 3 races a year or two of peace before plastering thanqol requests everywhere

No.

Thanquol for first LP.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,766
    afverrall said:

No thanks. Immediate cross game LP's.

Do it CA.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,328
    If you're playing Thanquol's faction, whoever you declare war on should automatically get the option of hiring Gotrek.
  • BargrimmBargrimm Registered Users Posts: 315
    Game two races got more already plenty of content. They are spoiled enough. Especially Skaven.
    There is TONS of content missing for game 1 races that should be added before even wasting a thought of more Game 2 race stuff.
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,709
    afverrall said:

I'm annoyed enough at him being withheld simply to give Game 3 a bit of a boost when he should have been in Game 2 a long time ago, so no, shan't.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,709
    Theacut said:

Thing is..

He's very popular amongst Warhammer fans. More so than Malus Darkblade, who got his own LP and narrative campaign. It's hard to see CA not wanting that monetised.
    Plus he's not that remarkable a character in and of himself, he's a very powerful Grey Seer and...that's about it. His personality is what makes him fun, and you'd need mechanics to do him justice.

I suspect G&F will be involved though, possibly in a Quest Battle.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
    Ben1990 said:

Theacut said:

Those vermin lord flavours are actually named characters. I don't think we'll get those. The exalted vermin lord is probably the 'standard' version.
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 332
    Thanquol would maybe get me to try out the Skaven for the first time (I kinda want Stormfiends as well though).
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 969
    Arsenic said:

Theacut said:

Thing is..

He's very popular amongst Warhammer fans. More so than Malus Darkblade, who got his own LP and narrative campaign. It's hard to see CA not wanting that monetised.
    Plus he's not that remarkable a character in and of himself, he's a very powerful Grey Seer and...that's about it. His personality is what makes him fun, and you'd need mechanics to do him justice.

I suspect G&F will be involved though, possibly in a Quest Battle.
    I agree with you, but to be fair, that grey seer is mounted on a huge heavily mutated and mechanically augmented rat ogre that makes Ghoritch look like a generic mutant rat ogre in comparison.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 969
    JungleElf said:

Ben1990 said:

Theacut said:

Those vermin lord flavours are actually named characters. I don't think we'll get those. The exalted vermin lord is probably the 'standard' version.
    Multiple verminlords of each flavour exist, in tabletop they were mostly treated as generic versions as opposed to specific characters (with the exception of Skreech Verminking of course). I think we'll get them, it'd be a waste not to include variants that were in the tabletop and allow further flavour for most clans.
    JungleElf said:

Ben1990 said:

Theacut said:

From what I know, no, the Verminlords are divided in what they specialize and what type of clan they represent:

Verminlord Warpseers- Grey Seers
    Verminlord Warbringers- clans like Mors
    Verminlord Corruptors- Eestilens clans
    Verminlord Deceivers- Eshin clans

Exalted Verminlords- the big bosses, similar to Greater Deamons and without a clear specialization.

This are generic clasiffications, there are several Verminlords from each type, Warbringers being noted as the most numerous, then there are named Verminlords, similar to how there are named Deamon Princes and Greater Deamons, Verminking being the most well know.

This is the list of know named Verminlords:

Skreech Verminking - Lord of all Verminlords.
    Lurklox - Master of Deception and Verminlord of Clan Eshin.
    Vermalanx the Poxlord - Verminlord of Clan Pestilen.
    Skweevritch - Verminlord of Clan Skyre.
    Basqueak - Verminlord of the Warlord Clans.
    Skrolvex - Verminlord of Clan Pestilen.
    Soothgnawer - Verminlord of Clan Scruten.
    Kreeskuttle - Verminlord of the Warlord Clans and mightiest in arms.
    Throxstraggle - Verminlord of Clan Pestilen.
    Verstirix - Verminlord of the Warlord Clans.
    Vecteek - A former Grey Lord and Warlord of Clan Rictus.

JungleElf said:

Ben1990 said:

Theacut said:

From what I know, no, the Verminlords are divided in what they specialize and what type of clan they represent:

Exalted Verminlords- the big bosses, similar to Greater Deamons and without a clear specialization.

This are generic clasiffications, there are several Verminlords from each type, Warbringers being noted as the most numerous, then there are named Verminlords, similar to how there are named Deamon Princes and Greater Deamons, Verminking being the most well know.

Hmmmm, fair enough. Though I do think all those variants are a lot for a 'simple' LP.

By the way, was Thanquol altered by the Horned rat during the End Times? Or is his ET look a redesign?
    JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

Ben1990 said:

Theacut said:

Hmmmm, fair enough. Though I do think all those variants are a lot for a 'simple' LP.

By the way, was Thanquol altered by the Horned rat during the End Times? Or is his ET look a redesign?
    That's up to CA to determine what they do with them, but they are all using the same skeleton and all, they only change appearance slightly, it's only from a gameplay perspective that they are truly unique, so not as expensive as making different models for all of them.

I'm not really sure, but i think he somehow became the chosen of the Horned Rat, and kind of got a little juiced up with the blessings of the Horned Rat, but it may simply be GW giving him a unique look, either way, it's probably the one CA will go when they add him, similar to how Arkhan uses his ET model.
    How old is Screech Verminking? I always assumed he was introduced with the End Times model, but the way people talk about him makes it seem like he’s been around for longer than that.
    MadDokta said:

How old is Screech Verminking? I always assumed he was introduced with the End Times model, but the way people talk about him makes it seem like he’s been around for longer than that.

Hahaha, I always had the same feeling, but he's from End Times it seems.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,406

JungleElf said:

Ben1990 said:

Theacut said:

There was also a Grey seer that called the spirit of a dead Grey Seer back, and that Grey Seer came back as a vermin lord, can´t remember his name tho, it was in one of the Mathias Thulman novels

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
    MadDokta said:

From a inuniverse perspective, he is the first Verminlord if I'm not mistaken, from the times when Nagash was still around, so he is the Skaven Be'lakor in that regard.

From a real world perspective, he was introduced in the End Times, together with the new Verminlords, Thanquol and the Stormvermin.
    I thought he came with the new Verminlord model. You can kind of tell by the name, it's more modern GW naming convention where you haaaaave to make sure people know that the model is part of the range. Screech VERMINking, GUTROT Spume, Skarr BLOODwrath, etc.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,162