Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Didn’t CA said “No WH3 news until may”? , that doesn’t count WH2 DLC!!!

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,562
News this month I bet, they won’t push the next WH2 DLC more.

From where did you all get “No WH2 news until may”?

*Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
*Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
*Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
*Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

Comments

• Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 1,587
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 4,087
    Hopefully they're over that Rome remaster garbage and get on with the last DLC already. The very last major change to game 2's ME map
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,067
    Here's hoping this or next week.

Beastie bloke needs entertainment.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,173
    It's definitely a possibility.
    However, they never specified when in May, so it can be announced in early May and technically release before they show off anything.
    Would like news sooner than May though

• EbdanianEbdanian Registered Users Posts: 31

Hopefully they're over that Rome remaster garbage and get on with the last DLC already. The very last major change to game 2's ME map

Garbage? Rome 1 remastered is the best CA project since Rome 1
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,522
    Still think there is a chance we wont see a DLC till late may, June, or July. None of which bodes well for news this week. Given there usually isn't thaaat much time of announcement of a lord pack and actual release.

But hey, they've been getting a lil different about it lately.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,968
    The OP is right in that nothing that CA has said explicitly rules out WH2 DLC news this month.

However, the Rome remaster is this month, and CA usually doesn't have multiple releases in one month competing with each other. This is, I think, why a lot of people aren't expecting DLC this month. It's one of those "not impossible, but highly improbable" situations.
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 2,110

Here's hoping this or next week.

Beastie bloke needs entertainment.

Won't be next week. That would put the DLC out on the same day as Rome Remastered. It's this week for an April release otherwise I'm pretty sure we won't hear anything until May for the DLC either.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 7,195
    You know what I just realized?

TBC Prepatch hits mid may, probably.

Honestly odds are, I don't have a second to give CA...
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,945
    edited April 5
    Are there really that many people who are excited about the Rome remaster? I played that game to death, a little touch up isn’t going to lure me back in.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,562
    Everybody forgot WH3 and WH2 are different games with different teams and schedules with just a bit of joint marketing (modtly dates).

Tuesday newsday.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.

• kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 712
    Ebdanian said:

Garbage? Rome 1 remastered is the best CA project since Rome 1
    I love rome 1, but i dont buy the remastered version..
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,562

Are there really that many people who are excited about the Rome remaster? I played that game to death, a little touch up isn’t going to lure me back in.

it paves the way for Medieval 2 remaster!!

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,678
    A remastered edition made by another studio, as well.

Anyway, chances might be slim. The WH2 DLC could also be set to release around may/june if we're truly unlucky.
  • ProcessingProcessing Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 474
    JungleElf said:

Anyway, chances might be slim. The WH2 DLC could also be set to release around may/june if we're truly unlucky.

Very unlikely. It would be wise to get done with game 2 before releasing info and trailers about game 3.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,576
    edited April 5
    A technicality, but CA might not even intend to release Warhammer 2 DLC until as late as July. As such, no news for another 3 months.
    JungleElf said:

It's still CA. The fact they have more than one studio has had no bearing on their marketing and release. They still divide them.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

A technicality, but CA might not even intend to release Warhammer 2 DLC until as late as July. As such, no news for another 3 months.

JungleElf said:

It's still CA. The fact they have more than one studio has had no bearing on their marketing and release. They still divide them.
    This has been outsourced, though. But you're correct: T&T took around 7 months, and we're 4 months beyond its release. The WH2 DLC could be scheduled for june/july. We haven't had a GW-branch, either. So, april is already getting unlikelier by the day.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,546
    edited April 5
    If the WH2 DLC isnt revealed in April, then WH3 news ain't coming in May. They won't show both at same time.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 995
    Is it possible that CA would release the last DLC LP for WH2 after the WH3 news in May?
    edited April 5
    Sbygneus said:

Is it possible that CA would release the last DLC LP for WH2 after the WH3 news in May?

If development demands it, yes. I think they can complement one another.

We don't know if WH3 news will be a frequently recurring thing every few weeks or so, like with WH2. But I'd guess so. So, WH2 news will have to be squeezed inbetween.
  • Sork0100Sork0100 SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 90
    You are not wrong. Warhammer II news is possible.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,030
    I don't know what that 'no news until May' pertained to whether it was DLC or TWW3 or both. And it feels blissfully great to not really care about either possibility. In years before this one I would have cared and would have often been chomping at the bit for any news. Now days, weeks and months go by and I'm just glad when there is news and at total peace when there isn't.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 436
    I expected something in 1st april. So i really don't expect anything this month. Better luck next month i guess. Altough it could be 8th april reveal but it is kinda unlikely since rome remastered is coming along.
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,007
    I'm starting to think we'll hear about Warhammer 3 before we hear about the wh2 DLC.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,730
    Honestly rome 1 remaster screwed every schedule, I'm not so sure we will get anything warhammer before may.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Karaz Bryn, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
    @Iokko @PoorManatee6197 I'm starting to feel the same way. Even an april reveal feels unlikely at this point. We may even look at june/july for the DLC's release.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,299
    edited April 5
    Yeah, embargos are still progressively lifting for Rome Remastered for various content creators but there’s still stuff they aren’t allowed to show, like the campaign intro movies.

Considering how content creators are a large part of CA’s marketing strategy, I don’t see CA giving them multiple games to juggle content for and manage embargos with.

No Warhammer (Game 2 or 3) news til Rome Remastered is released, so BOTH CA and content creators can give it their full marketing attention.

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,007
    JungleElf said:

@Iokko @PoorManatee6197 I'm starting to feel the same way. Even an april reveal feels unlikely at this point. We may even look at june/july for the DLC's release.

Yup, i mean T&T came out what, 7 months after W&P? Assuming it's another cross game pack (I'm in the Beastmen camp) the long development time might be because of the old world rework, so the June/July timeline you're suggesting isn't unreasonable.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    I was expecting CA to clear the decks for TWW 3 and get the DLC out asap. Does not look like that now. Embargoes still to be lifted on the Rome remaster: 16th for BI and Alexander DLCs and 23rd restrictions on turns lifted according to Lionheart.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,030
    twwatcher said:

I was expecting CA to clear the decks for TWW 3 and get the DLC out asap. Does not look like that now. Embargoes still to be lifted on the Rome remaster: 16th for BI and Alexander DLCs and 23rd restrictions on turns lifted according to Lionheart.

I didn't even know Rome was being remastered. How many side projects can CA squeeze out before TWW3 hits the market :D ?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)