Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Prediction & thoughts

Random17Random17 Registered Users Posts: 19
I think the preorder will be Ind.

It’s (likely to be) the largest landmass in the game without a potential placeholder/ alternative race.

I think chaos dwarfs and ogres will be dlc races. Nagash may be a lord pack. Nippon is less likely than Ind because the island can easily be cut from the map. Dogs of war won’t come.

My other thought was that a lot of the upset mentioned on the forum comes from what is perceived as unbalanced campaigns (I actually like the randomness and different strengths of the factions, it makes it interesting), but they could just add an option on the main menu. Simply have it as a slider making order or destruction races more difficult. If you start a campaign as an order race, set the slider favoring destruction so it makes for a challenging campaign and vice versa.

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,894
    I would personally love that.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,464
    A bold prediction.
    Would like to see it, but I am not too sure about it.

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 4,906
    Too much work for a relatively simple pre-order made on a part of the marketing-budget (that's how things have worked in the past).

So, my bet is either Nagash or maaaaybe Dogs of War. But the latter would already be stretching it in terms of unique new assets.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 829
    too obscure, cathay is already pushing it, adding Ind is even wierder when there are so many other more reknown or important factions to add
    BsFG dwarf
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,925
    I wouldn't hold your breath, boyo. Plus doubt the map will extend to the whole of Ind, will just be some placeholder faction where Dechala starts.

I think the pre order will be Chaos Dwarfs and they will also be playable in WH2. @ROMOBOY
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 803
    I think Ind will most likely be a Cathay clone, Nippon on the other hand, fit the same logic as Norsca (Smaller faction/place that is on the side of the map and may be enemy with one of the main faction while still being close to what they are)

too obscure, cathay is already pushing it, adding Ind is even wierder when there are so many other more reknown or important factions to add

100% on the more important races to add, even Cathay has more lore and they were just a foot note, generally speaking.
  • sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 436
    Let's look at the arguments for and against Chaos Dwarf's:

+ Mortal empires have a ''veiled'' portion of the map that directly includes chaos dwarf settlements as a whole

+ Chaos Dwarfs are well liked thus would push people to pre-order.

+ The fact that a new race is being added to the mortal empires would be very well recieved

- The pre-order may not be playable on mortal empires as it is listed as WH3 DLC but we dont know for sure

- Chaos Dwarfs need a big budget.

Let's look at the arguments for and against Legions of nagash

+ Nagash was referenced in both race packs of WH2 (both tomb kings and vampire counts epilogues) which also included the nameless as well so there is a fat chance both of these charachters are coming.

+ It would be cheaper than Chaos Dwarfs

+ Nagash is a fan favorite and would push people towards pre-ordering the game

+ Nagash can start in both mortal empires and WH3

- GW previusly did not allow C.A to use nagash

- Nagash's faction is from the end times which while still very possible will make people moan a lot.

- Nagash as a faction leader could be a bit awkward and needs really good mechanics to do any justice to him.

So these are my thoughts basicly
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,166
    That is very unlikely indeed, Ind has less TT content than Cathay and would thus require at least as much work invested in each unit and character as goes into the new Kislev and Cathay content that is made from scratch. I don't see CA and GW being willing to comitt to that kind of investment on top of Cathay & Kislev. Particularly since adding any 'new' content which was not playable in the TT involves a certain risk. Cathay can offset that due to appealing to both a section of the old Warhammer fanbase as well as to a new and potentially very large chinese market but I don't see Ind having the same potential.

And Ind may not even be on the WH3 map to begin with, while CA has expanded the possible size of the map much of it will be required to represent the Chaos Wastes and the Steppe as well as potentially the Realm of Chaos. I can easily see CA cutting a good part of the lands south of Cathay to achive that not to mention that not including Ind and Khuresh saves a lot of work.
    arthadaw said:

I think Ind will most likely be a Cathay clone, Nippon on the other hand, fit the same logic as Norsca (Smaller faction/place that is on the side of the map and may be enemy with one of the main faction while still being close to what they are)

Can't see the map stretching far enough to include Nippon.
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Ind will never be a race, not in any form. They are going to be a southern realms of game 3
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 968
    So... last pre order race was mainly reskinned WoC offshoot with about 4 original models and you believe Ind will be preorder for game 3.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    Dogs of War or GTFO.

I want my ragtag bunch of misfit mercenaries.
    Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40k.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
    Dogs of War need Ogres and halflings.

Dogs of War or GTFO.

Only if we get birdmen and Sons of Stromfels.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 2,009

Dogs of War or GTFO.

Only if we get birdmen and Sons of Stromfels.
    And halfling hot pot thrower.
    Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40k.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
    Dogs of War need Ogres and halflings.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    This is very interesting. Arguably the biggest question and most exciting thing about game 3 is the big uncertainty of where they take things from here. Are they going to continue to introduce new factions and represent the whole east with nippon, ind etc. Or is it going to cut off right at cathay and flesh out the part of the world we already have.

Seeing either maps ME 2.0 or game 3 is going to give us a lot of answers.
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,124
    edited April 5
    We didnt get Southern Realms during game 1, we didn't get Araby during game 2, we sure as hell won't get Ind (which has even less lore than Cathay, and would be an even bigger monumental challenge for CA + GW) in game 3, let a lone as a pre-order.
    Maybe, way down the line during game 3's life cycle. And that's a gigantic maybe (IMO its no).

There will always be missing races and landmasses owned by "placeholders".

Also, we still have no idea about the game 3 map. Maybe Ind won't even be on the map to begin with, if its going to be centralized around the Chaos Wastes + Realms, with Kislev, Norsca, Cathay and the Steppes around them.

We didnt get Southern Realms during game 1, we didn't get Araby during game 2, we sure as hell won't get Ind (which has even less lore than Cathay, and would be an even bigger monumental challenge for CA + GW) in game 3, let a lone as a pre-order.
    Maybe, way down the line during game 3's life cycle. And that's a gigantic maybe (IMO its no).

Also, we still have no idea about the game 3 map. Maybe Ind won't even be on the map to begin with, if its going to be centralized around the Chaos Wastes + Realms, with Kislev, Norsca, Cathay and the Steppes around them.

So basically the same arguments that was used against cathay back in the day. How did that end up
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,430
    edited April 5
    Preorder races generally are smaller in scope so I find it likely that CA is doing a race that already has reusable assets in the game and doesn’t need to be built from the ground up like Ind would require.

Dogs of War is still the highest contender in my book.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 4,906
    saweendra said:

So basically the same arguments that was used against cathay back in the day. How did that end up
    Not really. We know Warhammer has a limited timespan, like any other game. We can also predict the first 2 (and maybe only) campaign packs already: Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos Dwarfs.

Fleshing-out Cathay doesn't mean every other minor or obscure faction is fair game.
    JungleElf said:

saweendra said:

Not really. We know Warhammer has a limited timespan, like any other game. We can also predict the first 2 (and maybe only) campaign packs already: Ogre Kingdoms and Chaos Dwarfs.

Fleshing-out Cathay doesn't mean every other minor or obscure faction is fair game.
    True but the lifespan will decide on sales.

And if Cathay and game 3 sells well than there is a case to make the other far east races
    Without the shadow of a doubt: Demon of Necoho
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,430
    JungleElf said:

saweendra said:

It doesn’t mean minor races are completely off the table either though.

Game 3 is going to be the biggest game CA has ever done. Their own words. I wouldn’t entirely discredit the idea of the minor races getting fleshed out at some point. I think it’s clear that CA and GW plan on supporting this game for a loooooong time.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Gleipnir74Gleipnir74 Registered Users Posts: 294
    Still think the Preorder is more likely Chaos Dwarfs.

Really don't see minor races coming out for anything but Undead via various other bloodline factions and Nagash, or as a part of Dogs of War where I could see minor races introduced with each faction having its own unique standalone roster and borrowing from other race rosters and standalone combined map starting location.
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,999

Let's look at the arguments for and against Chaos Dwarf's:

+ Mortal empires have a ''veiled'' portion of the map that directly includes chaos dwarf settlements as a whole

+ Chaos Dwarfs are well liked thus would push people to pre-order.

+ The fact that a new race is being added to the mortal empires would be very well recieved

- The pre-order may not be playable on mortal empires as it is listed as WH3 DLC but we dont know for sure

- Chaos Dwarfs need a big budget.

Let's look at the arguments for and against Legions of nagash

+ Nagash was referenced in both race packs of WH2 (both tomb kings and vampire counts epilogues) which also included the nameless as well so there is a fat chance both of these charachters are coming.

+ It would be cheaper than Chaos Dwarfs

+ Nagash is a fan favorite and would push people towards pre-ordering the game

+ Nagash can start in both mortal empires and WH3

- GW previusly did not allow C.A to use nagash

- Nagash's faction is from the end times which while still very possible will make people moan a lot.

- Nagash as a faction leader could be a bit awkward and needs really good mechanics to do any justice to him.

So these are my thoughts basicly

The last two Nagash’s points are wrong.

First, Nagash is bound to the Shyish, the Purple Wind of Magic. He can’t truly die. Each time he dies, the parts of his armor go back through the Shyish to the Black Pyramid of Nagash, where it is rebuilt.
    It takes some millennia, but he will be resurrected again and again until the magic ceases to exist. And some of his objects like the Crown of Sorcery, the Eye of Nagash or the Ring of the Von Carstein have a part of his soul or spirit (Voldemort style).
    Nagash coming back has been hinted since... always? It was very clear his presence was still there, changing the world (Sauron style).

Second, the awkward would be leaving him as something lesser than a faction leader. He needs to be faction leader and be able to dominate and collect other undead LLs.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
    What if Nagash is the only faction leader of his Faction, but could work toward confederating the other Undead Faction (Maybe with quest)
    arthadaw said:

What if Nagash is the only faction leader of his Faction, but could work toward confederating the other Undead Faction (Maybe with quest)

Cool, but I expect/hope some LLs starting with him. Drachenfels, for example.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,929
    I think Dogs of War/Southern Realms will be pre-order race. If CA will make fantasy version of Italy/Spain with stuff like Roman Legion, Conquistadors and Da Vinci machines etc. This can work as cheap pre-order bonus race pack.
    I doubt we will really get Dogs of War race as random mix of all units from minor races with zero chance to be own races in the game.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms are obviously choices for campaign packs in game 3.

Nippon area can easy be unavailable like Athel Loren before Wood Elves campaign pack. I doubt CA will have any problem to sell fantasy Japan with Samurai as expensive campaign pack with 4 legendary lords.

I doubt CA will have any problem to make placehold factions for Ind area. They can make warhammer version of British Raj with Ind area under occupation of main colonies powers.
    I would not be surprised if Ind will stay forever under occupation like Araby. Many races can have their own legendary lord in this area like Dogs of War, Empire, Bretonnia, High Elves, Dark Elves, Vampire Coast, Beastmen, Wood Elves etc.

Nagash make no sense as own race. Why someone wants to pay for mix of Tomb Kings or Vampire Count units for second time? This is your official Undead Legion roster:

Most likely, Nagash will be just legendary lord for Tomb Kings or Vampire Count.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
    Nagash as the preorder would bring an apocalyptic undead faction to the third game. It’s exactly the only thing that that game needs to be absolutely fantastic.

It is going to be one of the best if not the best strategy games ever already; the addition of Nagash would make it incredible.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,643

Nagash as the preorder would bring an apocalyptic undead faction to the third game. It’s exactly the only thing that that game needs to be absolutely fantastic.

It is going to be one of the best if not the best strategy games ever already; the addition of Nagash would make it incredible.

Yes, mashing two already playable races is exactly what the game needs to be fantstic. /s

Here's your Nagash list: