Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Nagash's faction should get some units from the Lichemaster list

PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 1,985
Especially Embalmed ones.

Love me some reskinned 4th edition mummies.

Also Tomb Stalkerd and Simulacra.
Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40k.
Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
Dogs of War need Ogres and halflings.

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,358
    Not if Kemmler doesn't get them first.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 1,985

I think it's too late for that.

There's always the Return of the Lichemaster mod. Though it can make the game crash.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 1,985
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,003
    edited April 8
    Honestly, I disagree. I think that the Barrows list kinda fits the Vampire Counts quite well, being a bunch of resurrected ancient wight kings and their retainers. Overall, it works as an ok source for a future VC lord pack.

Now, technically you could say that it's more of a unit by unit issue, as some don't fit VC, but I think a good section of the list does.

What Nagash could use is monstrous necromantic creatures. Which is why something like Abyssal Terrors kinda fits with him, as does the rest of the things connected to Necrarchs. But I think with Cathay now being a thing, Nagash would probably get some stuff that doesn't exist. So it's kinda hard to tell what Nagash would get.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

I think it's too late for that.

There's always the Return of the Lichemaster mod. Though it can make the game crash.
    Then Nagash shouldn't get them either. They are tied to Kemmler not Nagash, adding them to Nagash would be a slap in the face of Kemmler and the lore.
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,095
    I'm sorry but I still don't see nagash as a faction...

More like a Lord Pack mechanic.
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.
    "The flag button is not a disagree button"
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

• Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,636
    Nagash isn't even an unique race.

Oh, don't you worry. He will be.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

I could name for you 15 taces to be fleshed out more unique than a Nagash race will EVER be.

Crossil said:

I could name for you 15 taces to be fleshed out more unique than a Nagash race will EVER be.
    And you would be wrong in thinking that any of them are gonna be added over Nagash. He is inevitable.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,666
    Yeah why not, then give them to Kemmler as FLC (if you own the DLC).
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

And you would be wrong in thinking that any of them are gonna be added over Nagash. He is inevitable.
    Heading for r/agedlikemilk, I see. He isn’t inevitable, at all. Albion, Amazons, Araby, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh, Tigermen of Ind, Fishmen, Hobgoblins, all are more unique than Nagash has and will ever be. They should come first.

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Heading for r/agedlikemilk, I see. He isn’t inevitable, at all. Albion, Amazons, Araby, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh, Tigermen of Ind, Fishmen, Hobgoblins, all are more unique than Nagash has and will ever be. They should come first.
    And they won't, because they never were. They are specs of dust compared to Nagash. He will be there, no questions asked. Just like Monogods came, when half the forums were claiming them copy-paste trash.

Ultimately, existing materials outweigh new creations by CA. Not to mention he is a literal god in AoS. GW will not let him be anything less than an entire race onto himself.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

And they won't, because they never were. They are specs of dust compared to Nagash. He will be there, no questions asked. Just like Monogods came, when half the forums were claiming them copy-paste trash.

Ultimately, existing materials outweigh new creations by CA. Not to mention he is a literal god in AoS. GW will not let him be anything less than an entire race onto himself.
    You know what the races I listed are wich Nagash isn't? Races. Ind is a race. Nippon is a race. The Snakemen of Khuresh are a race. The Hobgoblins are a race. Nagash isn't a race. He's a character. A dead one at that.

Bold of you to asume that Cathay will be fleshed out while it's most significant neighbors will be left as footnotes, as literally a page of lore.

No. Sometimes wich is unique outweights something wich is already in-game. Guess you didn't read the FAQ. It says clearley that Total War Warhammer III won't feature stuff from AoS, so what Nagash is in AoS is redundant.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 860
    I agree, the lichemaster list draws from and expands upon some of the older undead stuff, which should be one of the main sources for Nagash race pack in y opinion. He's the greatest necromancer of all and also hace Kemmler his power originally, so that makes him a decent second best pick to use these units. Then they can give them to Kemmler in a way similar to Arkhan having a few VC units.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,535
    They will do an AoS Total War after the next game and he'll be in that.

People thinking they'll put him in this game with a couple of new units and every undead faction at his command are kidding themselves.

People thinking they'll put him in this game with a couple of new units and every undead faction at his command are kidding themselves.

I understand doubting the particular implementation proposed by some fans. But Nagash is a strong contender for the most popular character in all of Warhammer Fantasy and an extremely influential character in the setting. CA likes money and Nagash is a money printer the size of a blue whale, no way they're not putting him in the game at some point.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,155

Neither was Cathay.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Currently eagerly awaiting the Ogre Kingdoms!

They won't do an AoS TW next and what he is in AoS is redundant.

That's what the Legions of Nagash are: the two undead races slapped together and a couple of new units. Doubt it? Look at his army list.

edited April 8

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

You know what the races I listed are wich Nagash isn't? Races. Ind is a race. Nippon is a race. The Snakemen of Khuresh are a race. The Hobgoblins are a race. Nagash isn't a race. He's a character. A dead one at that.

Bold of you to asume that Cathay will be fleshed out while it's most significant neighbors will be left as footnotes, as literally a page of lore.

No. Sometimes wich is unique outweights something wich is already in-game. Guess you didn't read the FAQ. It says clearley that Total War Warhammer III won't feature stuff from AoS, so what Nagash is in AoS is redundant.
    Oh, but they already did that with Araby. And for the entirety of game 1 that was the case with Kislev, and still is the case with Southern Realms.

You're kidding yourself if you think that Cathay is the precedent for the rest of the far east. In fact, signs are likely pointing at Hobgoblins already being deconfirmed as their lands aren't on the map that we've seen, despite the fact that they should be. I guess unlike the nonsense they get with Araby, this time they decided to just not put the actual places on the map.

And you still don't understand, do you? Monogods happened for one reason, that reason being that this route, of each god getting their faction, is the route that GW has set out for their IPs. And Nagash is also on that route.

Now combine this with the fact that Nagash is on the level of the Chaos Gods, on the level of bloody Sigmar and Gorkamorka, in Age of Sigmar, and you must be crazy if you think that GW wouldn't use this opportunity to showcase Nagash in his full glory, just as they are doing with Chaos. Nothing short of his own race makes sense.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

Neither was Cathay.
    Cathay has always been an unique nation dissimilar to anything else from Warhammer. I think I've posted the LoN army list enough time for you to get that it's the TK and VC with a couple new units.
    edited April 8

Neither was Cathay.
    Cathay has always been an unique nation dissimilar to anything else from Warhammer. I think I've posted the LoN army list enough time for you to get that it's the TK and VC with a couple new units.
    And CA has done more with Cathay than they would have to do with Nagash to make him a full race. You do understand that Cathay had nothing, so why is it so hard to imagine them doing less work for Nagash than they had to for Kislev or Cathay?

What the End Times list was doesn't matter. What they can make it, what GW can make it, is what matters. And GW would definitely want to promote their god of undeath in this game.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 762
    What makes people think he will lead a faction at all? Don't recall any CA's hints towards this. He will work well as a VC LH in my opinion, just like Ariel does and she's far more powerful than nagash.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 520
    I'm guessing we'll get the sumulcra from that list. Maybe glooms too.

The lichemaster list would be a really good fit for nagash, both in lore and the aesthetic. I see nagash having constructs like TK, but not TK constructs, closer in look to nagash and his mmotghast.then more ghost units. Simulcra and tombstalkers would be great as evil Constructs that fit a nagash style.
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Oh, but they already did that with Araby. And for the entirety of game 1 that was the case with Kislev, and still is the case with Southern Realms.

You're kidding yourself if you think that Cathay is the precedent for the rest of the far east. In fact, signs are likely pointing at Hobgoblins already being deconfirmed as their lands aren't on the map that we've seen, despite the fact that they should be. I guess unlike the nonsense they get with Araby, this time they decided to just not put the actual places on the map.

And you still don't understand, do you? Monogods happened for one reason, that reason being that this route, of each god getting their faction, is the route that GW has set out for their IPs. And Nagash is also on that route.

Now combine this with the fact that Nagash is on the level of the Chaos Gods, on the level of bloody Sigmar and Gorkamorka, in Age of Sigmar, and you must be crazy if you think that GW wouldn't use this opportunity to showcase Nagash in his full glory, just as they are doing with Chaos. Nothing short of his own race makes sense.
    And you must be crazy to think that the map from the trailer has any other purpose than to tease Cathay.

Monogods happened because Chaos is the most important force from Warhammer, so it had to be implemented properly.

Great, what's next? Total War Warhammer III: Vengance of the Sigmarites. "But the Sigmarites are not in Warhammer." I don't care. They are in Warhammer AoS, it is confirmed that they will come to TWW3 to promote AoS. And the Tyanids too, to promote 40K. Oh, and Let’s turn half of Bretonnia into Rohan too. Why? What do you mean why? To promote Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game, why else?
    edited April 8

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

And you must be crazy to think that the map from the trailer has any other purpose than to tease Cathay.

Monogods happened because Chaos is the most important force from Warhammer, so it had to be implemented properly.

Great, what's next? Total War Warhammer III: Vengance of the Sigmarites. "But the Sigmarites are not in Warhammer." I don't care. They are in Warhammer AoS, it is confirmed that they will come to TWW3 to promote AoS. And the Tyanids too, to promote 40K. Oh, and Let’s turn half of Bretonnia into Rohan too. Why? What do you mean why? To promote Middle Earth Strategy Battle Game, why else?
    Oh, but it is the map, unless you think they intentionally made a map, that corresponds to the design of the older maps, just to tease it? No, it is our first look at the map, otherwise it wouldn't have been done with such detail. I'm absolutely certain that Cathay is the edge of the map.

And Nagash is the most important Undead in Fantasy, and in AoS. He is the first Necromancer, the Great Betrayer, the Supreme Lord of Undeath. Even in Fantasy, he was all this endeavouring to become a god unto himself, and he will be so once again in TWW. GW isn't gonna drop a chance to see him in full regalia when he was there to implement.

Oh, bold of you to claim Sigmarites aren't in when they already are. The same with Greenskins. And I would be willing to bet we will see Valten precisely because he is Sigmar's chosen representative in every End Times scenario. The rest of your arguments are reductio ad absurdum and showcase that you know nothing of the setting.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,666
    edited April 8
    Beef545 said:

What makes people think he will lead a faction at all? Don't recall any CA's hints towards this. He will work well as a VC LH in my opinion, just like Ariel does and she's far more powerful than nagash.

How about the fact that game 2 epilogues tease at both Nagash (with his mortarchs) and the Nameless. Bit random for a game 3 VC/TK LL/LH.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Oh, but it is the map, unless you think they intentionally made a map, that corresponds to the design of the older maps, just to tease it? No, it is our first look at the map, otherwise it wouldn't have been done with such detail. I'm absolutely certain that Cathay is the edge of the map.

And Nagash is the most important Undead in Fantasy, and in AoS. He is the first Necromancer, the Great Betrayer, the Supreme Lord of Undeath. Even in Fantasy, he was all this endeavouring to become a god unto himself, and he will be so once again in TWW. GW isn't gonna drop a chance to see him in full regalia when he was there to implement.

Oh, bold of you to claim Sigmarites aren't in when they already are. The same with Greenskins. And I would be willing to bet we will see Valten precisely because he is Sigmar's chosen representative in every End Times scenario. The rest of your arguments are reductio ad absurdum and showcase that you know nothing of the setting.
    See ya when CA reveals that TWW3 will introduce the whole Far East.

No, the Warhammer AoS equivalent of the Empire are the Freeguild, not the Sigmarites, so, no, there's no Sigmarites in Total War Warhammer. For someone who just said that I know nothing of the setting, we are off to a great start (unless the irony is intended). At least I know enough of the setting to know that the Legions of Nagash are still just combined TK and VC, unlike some of us here who actually claim that Nagash is a UNIQUE race, ah, the ego on them.

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

Crossil said:

See ya when CA reveals that TWW3 will introduce the whole Far East.

No, the Warhammer AoS equivalent of the Empire are the Freeguild, not the Sigmarites, so, no, there's no Sigmarites in Total War Warhammer. For someone who just said that I know nothing of the setting, we are off to a great start (unless the irony is intended). At least I know enough of the setting to know that the Legions of Nagash are still just combined TK and VC, unlike some of us here who actually claim that Nagash is a UNIQUE race, ah, the ego on them.
    You can very easily make a Norsca-like race pack from End Times, 4th edition Undead, non-army book armies like the Army of the Cairns and lore mentions though.