Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Need help with modding

GvitrafnGvitrafn Registered Users Posts: 4
Hello everyone. Wanted to ask for those of you who are into modding and understand these things.

Can anyone tell me where I could find the necessary table, in order to edit the hero capacity for High Elves. Couldn't find a mod on steam that does this, I tried digging myself but to no avail, just don't understand all of those tables under the ''db''. Specifically I would like to only edit the mage cap, like, instead of +1 per upgraded building, to +2.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,311
    look in building_effects_junction_tables
    search for "wh2_main_effect_agent_cap_increase_hef_mage" in the effect column.

you'll the wh2_main_hef_mages_2 and wh2_main_hef_mages_3 building both increase it by 1 (value column)

change the value to 2 for wh2_main_hef_mages_3 , and you'll have +2 for mage building level 3

• GvitrafnGvitrafn Registered Users Posts: 4
    Thank you for the response and help. I tried it, and it technically works, however, I have another issue now. Every other hero on the campaign has lost all of their caps. I am now running 26/3 nobles and 24/3 handmaidens. What did I do wrong? Is it interfering with another mod or did I mess something up in the mod itself. Cause there were like +14k lines in that table, and I deleted everything and only kept the two you mentioned. I did that, cause most mods have the same one, two or a bit more lines and not the entire table, that's why I thought it was the right thing to do. Could that be the issue and if so, how to fix it?
    Hard to tell without seeing your mod and how it's structure now. May show a screen of your screen or share it somewhere
    edited April 10
    its just basically
    db
    building_effects_junction_tables
    data wh2_main_hef_mages_2 wh2_main_effect_agent_cap_increase_hef_mage (value changed to 2)
    wh2_main_hef_mages_3 wh2_main_effect_agent_cap_increase_hef_mage (also to 2)

and that's it. Those are the only lines I have left out of the thousands. Saved it, activated it in steam mod manager, load up and it applies only to mages, seemingly removing any caps from everything else.

https://ibb.co/tXGCdNQ

Post edited by Gvitrafn on
    edited April 11
    that's what I suspected... if you do it this way, and keep the table named "data__" you are actually completly replacing CA table, with a lot of nasty side effects since you basically deleted all the entries...

Rename "data__" to "data__MyMod". This well modify the table (in your case it will just overwrite the two lines you changed), instead of replacing it completly.

And if I were you, I'd use RPFM instead of PFM to edit table, it's more powerful.
    Post edited by Steph_F_David on
    Thank you very much! Didn't know that. Now it works like a charm!

Appreciate the time and help you gave.

Cheers!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file