Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Cosmetic DLCs

AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,008
Just wondering if people would buy alternate costumes/models for various LLs.
They could come with optional side quests to get the costume change.

Or more vatiants for generic Lords and Heroes.

These would be purely cosmetic, no stat changes. Like the way Fighting games and MOBAs have beem doing it.
Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree

Comments

• arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 1,075
    There are already mods that do such thing (Mixu's Grombrindal and Gor-Rok for ex)
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,538
    Hmm, maybe a horsearmor DLC for $2.50. That's totally what I would want and I'd buy ten of that because that's how I roll.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 23,683
    By Sigmar no! Skin DLCs would be the dead of the franchise...
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,677
    If MP scene will be big enough CA will eventually drop these. Can't wait for a classic MP based game skin content.

• AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,008
    ArneSo said:

I'm not saying they should take the spot of gameplay DLCs just something on the side they can release often. like 50p a pop. 99p max.
    arthadaw said:

There are already mods that do such thing (Mixu's Grombrindal and Gor-Rok for ex)

That's not really an argument. A modder's already made X, if that's the standard then CA don't need to bother with Nagash or half a dozen LLs modders have already made mods for. No to mention Southern Realms Dogs of War.

Hmm, maybe a horsearmor DLC for $2.50. That's totally what I would want and I'd buy ten of that because that's how I roll.

You joke, but I bet someone will buy a Minaithnir reskin DLC...
    makar55 said:

If MP scene will be big enough CA will eventually drop these. Can't wait for a classic MP based game skin content.

I would love an Ursula inspire model for Cylostra, Big Red Beard for Boris Todbringer, Mask for Rakarth etc.

• MijuTheSharkMijuTheShark Registered Users Posts: 65
    I don't necessarily want to pay for skins, but I'd be OK with AOS versions of Kroak, Teclis, Eltharion, Morathi, and whoever I'm missing.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,719
    I’d rather have an army painter than nickel and dime skins if we’re going to get any cosmetic-based DLC.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,189
    That's a road I hope CA never takes.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,567
    Just give us a proper army painter.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • LordTorquemadoLordTorquemado Registered Users Posts: 1,999
    ArneSo said:

When I’ve read the tittle, the phrase that came to my head was precisely “By Sigmar, no!” Hahaha.
    "You stumble about in darkness. There is no light here, no mercy. Naggarond has claimed the souls of better heroes than you."
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,647
    I'm not really a fan of the idea. I wouldn't get them at least and that's coming from someone who has gotten every dlc (just to support game development) despite not even wanting to play probably 40% of the dlc content. I'm all for more models for varieties sake with generic lords/heroes, but alternate outfits sounds like a mod thing.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,916
    Abmong said:

These would be purely cosmetic, no stat changes. Like the way Fighting games and MOBAs have beem doing it.

Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,551
    Yes, in a heartbeat. Ideally alongside Lords & Heroes packs.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• KiljaelKiljael Registered Users Posts: 39
    Abmong said:

If CA will start doing this, I will visit you at home and force you to play an crooked moon campaign on legendary, just because you gave them these ideas
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,556
    A customizable character model builder would be amazing and I’d pay a lot of money for one
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 834
    Give us army painter!

I don't care much about other cosmetic DLC.
    ArneSo said:

Or loot boxes :cold_sweat:
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,008

I don't necessarily want to pay for skins, but I'd be OK with AOS versions of Kroak, Teclis, Eltharion, Morathi, and whoever I'm missing.

It would be optional, wouldn't affect your gameplay if you don't buy it. That's why I think it wouldn't hurt if CA decides to do them. No one wants to pay, but theirs a point where expecting freebies becomes entitled nonsense.

Just give us a proper army painter.

I'd want an army painter too, but army painter wouldn't give you new mesh/models. Like if some wants a mask for Rakarth, an army painter wouldn't cater to that.
    Loreguy said:

Or loot boxes :cold_sweat:

I wouldn't be in favour of loot boxes either.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,442
    There's no time for cosmetics lads! never.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,014
    If they are good, yep.