Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Forum FAQ

CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 466

Where are the Official Forum rules?

You can find the rules here.

What happens if I break the rules?

If you break the rules one of a few things will happen depending on the rule you broke, and the severity of the offense:
• You may receive a message reminding you of the rules with no further action taken.
• You may receive a more formal warning.
• You may receive a 2 or 3 point warning.

What are points?

Points are how we keep track of rulebreakers, points may be given to you if you break any of the rules, and the amount may be adjusted depending on the severity of the offense.

The effects of these points take place when a user reaches a certain number of points. Those effects can be found below:
• 0-2 points – no effect
• 3-4 points – The user will be jailed
• 5 points – 1 week ban
• 6 points – 2 week ban

What does being jailed mean?

being jailed lasts for 1 week and has 3 effects:
1. You will no longer be able to post discussions
2. You will only be able to comment once every 2.5 minutes
3. Your signature will be hidden

Who can I contact if I have a problem?

Any of our moderation team will be able to help. They are as follows:
BillyRuffian
Dge1
Canuovea

How do I report rulebreakers?

1. Click the “flag” button beneath the post/comment you believe to be breaking the rules.
2. Click the report button.
3. Provide a reason for reporting that post/comment
4. Send the report

I feel like I was unfairly punished, what can I do?

All of our moderators decisions are final, but they are always open to conversation and will gladly explain in greater detail why they took the action they did.

I disagree with another user. What should I do?

Below each post you will find both an “agree” and a “disagree” button. Please use these to show your opinion and do not use the report button for this as it could cause you to accrue points.

Is a ban permanent?

Generally no, but there may be circumstances where a ban will be permanent e.g. racism, or sexually explicit content.

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,969
    May I ask something else, is it possible to afloat threads with recent comments to avoid spamming?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,622
    jamreal18 said:

May I ask something else, is it possible to afloat threads with recent comments to avoid spamming?

Use the Hot sort to get threads with the most recent posts to the top of the list.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,053
    "I DISAGREE WITH ANOTHER USER. WHAT SHOULD I DO?"
    Not sure why this is so funny :D

This is good stuff though, especially the new forum rules.

I am not sure if the agree disagree thing is good or not, but that awaits to be seen.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,772
    edited April 14
    As long as it doesn't come with that stupid reddit "benefit" of outright hiding unpopular opinions...

• YrellianYrellian Registered Users Posts: 1,757

jamreal18 said:

Use the Hot sort to get threads with the most recent posts to the top of the list.
    May I ask why the Hot sort is no longer the default option when you go to the forum? I know that it was changed to New sort somewhere around 2017 or 18, but no reason was ever given as far as I know.

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

I used to be crazycrix, then Epic happened and I became Dubinekdubajs, which I had to change again😀
    I however think "like" should be separated from "agree/disagree" because...if I find something funny or entertaining do I "agree" with it?

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,213
    For sure it will be used as an argument for who is right

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,552
    Bayes said:

"I DISAGREE WITH ANOTHER USER. WHAT SHOULD I DO?"
    Not sure why this is so funny :D

This is good stuff though, especially the new forum rules.

I am not sure if the agree disagree thing is good or not, but that awaits to be seen.

We'll find out, I guess? It could serve as a suitable one-glance method of seeing how many people agree or disagree with a particular post. If it stops people using flags as a disagree button, that at least will probably be an improvement.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 26,657
    edited April 14
    I just want serial rule breakers banned, and moderation applied fairly. If you insult someone directly there's no reason that shouldn't be an instant temporary ban, or at the very least points for each and every occurrence. There's users on the forum that are demonstrably incapable of operating in a forum and having civil discussions. All I want is for them to be dealt with. In my experience I've been followed around and insulted by some users for years with seemingly no consequence. I'm happy to give the mods a chance, but from my personal experience user's are a lot more free to insult others here than they would be on any normal forum.

As to the agree and disagree buttons.... this is the single worst thing about Reddit. I strongly disagree bringing this to the forum.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • CA_JamesCA_James Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Community Team Posts: 466

As long as it doesn't come with that stupid reddit "benefit" of outright hiding unpopular opinions...

Not at all! these are purely ways to express your opinion whether it's positive or negative, They won't serve as a way to bury or boost posts.

jamreal18 said:

I used to do that but it's pointless because not everyone knows that. Even after I post on thread, nobody replies and somebody would make thread again with exactly the same subject.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 5,579
    ED is right, we need the like option back on top of these new options!

Good stuff otherwise

"Yum Yum"
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,282
    Thanks for taking the time explaining everything. Kind of embarrassed you had to.

I like the “disagree” and “agree” options. I know members here have requested it- primarily to avoid false flagging.

There should have been a “cool beans” option but nothing’s perfect.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,213
    Thing is i can like a comment and not agree with it completely

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,234
    I like the addition of the disagree button. That will certainly help with the false flagging.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

I must also say I'm not really on board with "dislike/disagree" options, reason being liking something means saving space that would otherwise be taken up by pointless "+1/this/agree" posts. Disagreeing should require people to explain their reasoning rather than just allowing them to show their disdain with a single button press, that just turns the whole thing into a simplistic popularity contest.

I must also say I'm not really on board with "dislike/disagree" options, reason being liking something means saving space that would otherwise be taken up by pointless "+1/this/agree" posts. Disagreeing should require people to explain their reasoning rather than just allowing them to show their disdain with a single button press, that just turns the whole thing into a simplistic popularity contest.

Yeah, people shall explain why they disagree.

Anyways, I still like it that CA is trying to improve forum though.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,579
    Oh all my likes are gone...

Anyway one thing, could maybe make like/dislike buttons colourful? E.g. green for agree and red or orange for disagree? More colour would serve this forum well with all its black and white it otherwise contains.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,622
    sykall said:

Oh all my likes are gone...

Anyway one thing, could maybe make like/dislike buttons colourful? E.g. green for agree and red or orange for disagree? More colour would serve this forum well with all its black and white it otherwise contains.

But you still have the points for them.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
    I'd also like to know why disagrees are hidden whereas you can see who agreed with something. Anonymising the flags (eventually) made sense, but shouldn't it be put in the open just who disagrees with any idea or suggestion?

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,398
    Wouldn't it be amazing if the accounts here were tied to steam accounts with permanent bans existing? Rule with an iron fist!
    edited April 14

I'd also like to know why disagrees are hidden whereas you can see who agreed with something. Anonymising the flags (eventually) made sense, but shouldn't it be put in the open just who disagrees with any idea or suggestion?

Because someone would take a screenshot and use it to bully another user. As is it's just a matter of time till that happens anyway.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
    edited April 14

Because someone would take a screenshot and use it to bully another user.
    Anonymising disagrees just incentivises lazily pushing the button over giving a thoughtful reply since you don't even have to commit to it in any way beyond that act. I think at the very least people should have their names connected to whatever they disagreed with.

Anonymising disagrees just incentivises lazily pushing the button over giving a thoughtful reply since you don't even have to commit to it in any way beyond that act. I think at the very least people should have their names connected to whatever they disagreed with.
    I completely agree. However if we're going to have it which enables bullying less? A disagree with names, or one without?

Honestly I don't actually care. I just don't like the disagree button existing.
    Hyped for TWW3.

I completely agree. However if we're going to have it which enables bullying less? A disagree with names, or one without?

If disagree lists were open, you'd notice if someone attempted to go for astroturfing and disliked via sock accounts.

If disagree lists were open, you'd notice if someone attempted to go for astroturfing and disliked via sock accounts.
    I assume that's the case anyway. It's not possible to honestly disagree with me.
    Hyped for TWW3.

• BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,405
    edited April 14
    It may work /now ppl will stop abusing the abuse/flag button :D
    @CA_James new avatars or option to make our own avatars?

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,552

It's not possible to honestly disagree with me.
    All the monogod fans would like to have a word with you.
    What if "Agree" not showing names as well?
    Bies said:

It may work /now ppl will stop abusing the abuse/flag button :D
    @CA_James new avatars or option to make our own avatars?

And they'll abuse the disagree button instead.
    Hyped for TWW3.

This discussion has been closed.