Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A new Total War Empire!!!!

TheRealWarriorTheRealWarrior Registered Users Posts: 1
edited April 2021 in Total War General Chat
Hello everyone, as the title says, they are developing a new Empire Total War, I heard that it is going to start from the year 1844.

the map will be three times the size of the first Empire Total War.

and one of the historic campaigns will be the Independence of the Dominican Republic, this campaign will not be easy since we will have to restore the entire island and expel the Haitian invaders.

In the great campaign, several countries such as Haiti, Brazil, among others, will be able to be chosen. And the cherry on the cake is that this new total war will bring as playable factions to China and Japan.

The interface will be very different from the other total war like the old Empire, Napoleon, and there will be a new system called infamy, the more wars you declare, the more infamy you will have (this system will be a bit similar to what we have in Shogun 2 Total War, which is the celebrity of the clan), and for the infamy to go down you will have to wait and spend a few turns.

Another thing we have to know is that it will be very difficult to conquer everyone, unless we form a coalition or are playing with friends.

The cooperative campaign will be for up to 8 players or more.
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 3,089
    I'm sorry, but that would kind of suck.

Because if it started in 1844, that would be more akin to a Victorian Era TW game rather than a proper Empire 2.

A Empire 2 should start at 1700 or 1680 at the earliest and go to maybe 1800.

You could probably get the greatest amount of possible playable factions that way.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,989
    Well in a more "classical" sense an Empire 2 would start after Empire I, but that doesn't really apply to TW.

Rome I and II don't play after each other but largely the same timeframe.

But then I also doubt that the OP's claim can be supported by a source.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Links?

Evidence?

Anything?

Sorry, but a fresh account who claims to have totally legit info on future TW content without even a single link ticks all the boxes for a rather lame trolling attempt.
  • CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,086
    Worth noting the post was edited by a moderator before anyone replied.

But yeah, not an Empire 2. Different focus and time period. Also rather strange starting date for an 19thC game.

The campaigns also seem like a joke, very minor that doesn't seem to fit anything done before.
    edited April 2021
    Commisar said:

But yeah, not an Empire 2. Different focus and time period. Also rather strange starting date for an 19thC game.

The campaigns also seem like a joke, very minor that doesn't seem to fit anything done before.

Whenever mods remove a link it's usually noted within the edit as "link removed for X resons".
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,989
    Commisar said:

given that OP has agreed with an comment saying that this is a lame troll thread...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    SiWI said:

Commisar said:

given that OP has agreed with an comment saying that this is a lame troll thread...
    And just look at the tags used for the post.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,135
    Personal comment:

Without knowing who "they" are it is impossible, in my opinion, to be able to make any kind of judgement on the 'potential' game.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• BouncyMermaidBouncyMermaid Registered Users Posts: 11
    Either there is an extremely disgruntled developer who has leaked this. Which considering the size of the teams in early stages of development, is suicidal, as pinpointing 'who dunnit?' would take a coffee break.

Or this is possibly the most trolling post I have seen for quite some time.

Or if this is an clandestine account by CA [tin foil hat time] just to get feelers out there, then yes please, but, a far ealier start would be lovely.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,259
    I reckon if CA did a more modern version - 1815 to 1899 I’d be happy with that.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,508

Commisar said:

Whenever mods remove a link it's usually noted within the edit as "link removed for X resons".
    The edit refers to moving it to General Chat from the old ETW forum.
    This thread just seems to be about someone with a special interest in the Dominican War of Independence (1844-1856) wanting a game where that can be a focus with a few extras thrown in to garner general support.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png