Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

My Troy Overhaul for newest update 1.5.1

xInquisitor196IxxInquisitor196Ix Registered Users Posts: 8
About 7 months ago, I stopped modding because my mother all of a sudden went to a hospital. She was in coma for 15 days, barely lived. Now, months and months later, she recuperated 100% and is now better than ever, so now I decided I will return to modding. I still have college to finish, but I am back. First thing I did is I updated my mod to latest Troy version!

Troy Overhaul mod by me ------> https://www.nexusmods.com/totalwarsagatroy/mods/57

You can download my mod on epic games as well --->

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/mods/a-total-war-saga-troy--b537a84a761f4fb68f631612456ab75e

Comments

• Eruner_SKEruner_SK Registered Users Posts: 109
    is it so that Dardanian Mob has 75 models while every heavy unit has 200 models?
  • xInquisitor196IxxInquisitor196Ix Registered Users Posts: 8
    Eruner_SK said:

is it so that Dardanian Mob has 75 models while every heavy unit has 200 models?

@Eruner_SK I noted in description that light tier units have 75 units, medium have 150 and heavy have 200 units :)
  • Tvojdedo1Tvojdedo1 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hello,
    Is there a way to disable Agents for AI with mod? I was trying to do it with Assebmly kit, changes values for agents budget for AI, but it didn't work. Can you help me ? :):) You seems to be skilled with their db.
  • Eruner_SKEruner_SK Registered Users Posts: 109
    It is easier to have many (poorly equipped) light infantry than small number of heavy equipped infantry.
    Your overhaul idea is exact opposite. Mob is no longer mob, and elites are no longer rare/exceptional.
  • ChicoperarioChicoperario Registered Users Posts: 209
    Eruner_SK said:

It is easier to have many (poorly equipped) light infantry than small number of heavy equipped infantry.
    Your overhaul idea is exact opposite. Mob is no longer mob, and elites are no longer rare/exceptional.

"My King, should we train a small army of elite, well equiped troops, or just draft hordes of peasants and hope for the best?"

"Well why not make just make it a horde of elite, well armed troops!"

Makes sense right? Who can't remember that one time 300 persian militias tried to push into Greece, but were held back at the Thermopilae by those 1 million spartans
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    edited April 25

Eruner_SK said:

"My King, should we train a small army of elite, well equiped troops, or just draft hordes of peasants and hope for the best?"

"Well why not make just make it a horde of elite, well armed troops!"

Makes sense right? Who can't remember that one time 300 persian militias tried to push into Greece, but were held back at the Thermopilae by those 1 million spartans
    No, becuase first you have to find suitable candidates for elite training, then invest quite a lot of time and effort into said training and also equip them with better armor and weapons, all of which will mean you'll end up with less elites than mobs and regulars.

So no, your scheme makes no sense.

And the Persians pushed through in your example because they had the numbers to pressure the pass from different sides while the Greeks didn't have enough men to cover all approaches.
  • ChicoperarioChicoperario Registered Users Posts: 209
    No, becuase first you have to find suitable candidates for elite training, then invest quite a lot of time and effort into said training and also equip them with better armor and weapons, all of which will mean you'll end up with less elites than mobs and regulars.

So no, your scheme makes no sense.

And the Persians pushed through in your example because they had the numbers to pressure the pass from different sides while the Greeks didn't have enough men to cover all approaches.

Well, yes, exactly, I was being sarcastic...

Everywhere you look, in war-themed board games or strategy video games, there's always a point where the player has to make a choice between more troops, or better troops. There's always a fine balance between those two choices. The Mod we are discussing here, takes that choice of balance away, because in the mod, light infantry (i.e. cheap troops, like Dardanian Rabble) have 75 men per unit, while heavy infantry (expensive, elite armored units) have 200 men per unit...

So you agree with me, right? That it should be the other way around.