Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Do you really want Lizardmen vs Beastmen lord pack?

124»

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,332

I am warming to Beastmen, especially if it is Moonclaw. I have zero interest in Lizardmen, and nothing will change that. Some just have races they aren't into, and for me one of those are the lizardmen.

So, in answer to the question, no not really. I can think of lots of other combinations I prefer. But we have to spread the wealth, and other people deserve to have their preferred races touched up. World doesn't revolve around me. This is especially the case with BM, who are egregiously bad in my opinion.

Pretty much my feelings on it.

I still expect BM to be mediocre after the rework, but it's worth a shot. They deserve the resources even if it's not fixed to my standards.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Neodeinos said:

There is only one acceptable alternative to the Beastmen and it's any WH1 races that still didn't get a rework, so Norsca and WoC. If we don't have any of them then it's a big mistake no matter what CA does.

Honestly, I can't see WH3 not including some things for Norsca and WoC. The whole sacrifice to a god mechanic need a overhaul to match the new content !

And honestly, I'd argue that if such a overhaul do come, Norsca doesn't really need a rework, at least not on the scale of BM or WE. Just give them better skill trees, a LP and a FLC Lord and they're as good as any other !
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,753

I am warming to Beastmen, especially if it is Moonclaw. I have zero interest in Lizardmen, and nothing will change that. Some just have races they aren't into, and for me one of those are the lizardmen.

So, in answer to the question, no not really. I can think of lots of other combinations I prefer. But we have to spread the wealth, and other people deserve to have their preferred races touched up. World doesn't revolve around me. This is especially the case with BM, who are egregiously bad in my opinion.

Totally can see that. I have zero interest in the Empire, but I don't begrudge those that want more for them and I was one of the biggest advocates for them getting a spot in an LP and a race rework. Still haven't played them since game 1. I can play as humans in pretty much anything so my interests lie in the more unusual. Funny enough considering your statement because LM was my favorite game 2 core race and BM are one of my favorite races overall. From a thematic standpoint, I mean. I haven't played BM in game 2 either because they need an overhaul badly.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • swampselkieswampselkie Registered Users Posts: 81
    ArneSo said:

Tetto’eko now and Oxyotl in WH3 together with a big rework.

Thing is, I'm really not sure we'll be blessed with both. If it's a choice between Tetto-eko now or Oxyotl later, I'd much rather wait for Oxy, especially if he comes with a proper rework for the lizards.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,871
    It looks like Lizardmen vs Beastmen is favorite speculation for next lord pack. Do you really want these two races in next lord pack?

Honestly, no, but I don't really want to see another lord pack anyway at this point, certainly not for a Game 2 race which IMO all have as big a roster as they need for a while.
  • RowdyRowdy Registered Users Posts: 58
    I want to see a Beastmen + Warriors of Chaos DLC
    Rather then a vs one, the could cooperate or race for a goal.
    Both races need it, they are both hoards so any changes can benefit both.
    WOC can benefit with a few units from W:TW3 and the beastmen can get the majority of the rework.
    everyone is sick of the 4 core races, this would add a little variety to fight against.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 709
    BY SIGMAR NO
    Lizardman is one of my top 3 favorite race, but i want to see Beastman vs Vampires or Dwarfs.
    Delenda Est

• Kouran_DarkhandKouran_Darkhand Registered Users Posts: 698
    It’s the moment for Beastmen.

The other race? I don’t mind.
    I preferred Dark Elves before, but now I prefer they are reserved for the third game, with a rivalry between Khaine and Khorne and an update worthy of TWW3 for the Druchii.
    You are the true king of the elves, Malekith. You are the son of Aenarion, champion of the Daemon War, heir to the Phoenix Crown. It is your right by deed, merit and birth and I would give my life to see that ancient wrong reversed and your rightful position restored. As an elf I can think of no higher calling.

• SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,668
    Labria said:

Honestly, Lizardmen vs Beastmen looks like very strange choice for lord pack. They are two non-humanoid races with big focus to monsters. I can imagine many people who prefer to play humanoid races like Empire or High Elves will have no big interest in this lord pack.

Arguments like this always kind of bug me because it assumes players like myself don't exist.

I play this game for the non-human races. Lizardmen and Beastmen are my two favorites. After that are the wood elves who I mostly like for the tree spirits and animals. Then Greenskins. Then Skaven. I only play Norsca for Throgg and Chaos Warriors for Kholek. etc. etc.

I give the elf vs elf content a hard miss for the most part. The human and human adjacent races are all fairly boring to me.

So why should "it doesn't have a human-like" be such a negative that it can disqualify a whole lord pack combo? Contrary to popular belief not everyone prefers to play things that solely look like themselves.

It is completely okay for CA to market DLC toward the folks who are like me now and again.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,387
    I just wanted to take a moment, and say 'thank you' to the OP for creating an ACTUAL poll.

And not this.... 'Agree = X', 'Disagree = Y' stuff we've seen as a poll substitute recently.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,972
    JungleElf said:

Fossoway said:

Lizardmen also have a few interesting units left. Troglodon, Coatl, Culchan Riders, Relic Priests...

Never understood the obsession with Culchan riders on here. I'd still rather get the Great Wyrm especially if they make it an anti-flyer flying SEM
    Old edition stuff is generally fun to have, but not a priority.
    'Old edition that fills a gap in the roster' is probably still higher priority than 'mentioned in a couple of sentences in fluff', though. Particularly since Great Crested Skinks have a longer pedigree.

Granted, it's possible that coatls will perform the role and they're much more strongly established than Great Wyrms...but they really shouldn't. Coatls were REALLY weak in melee on the tabletop.

I wish more people had your attitude.
  • MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 912

Agree with OP, too much furry for one dlc. God, to entire game! Cant wait to play in game 3, give me demons and humans, and ogres, and dwarfs, and Nagash, and little bit of greenskins. No more furries! I need a rest. Maybe only beastmens, cause the deserved an update.

Which Lizardmen have you been looking at to think they're furry?
    If I correct, the muhut has'nt yet done "art" on lizards. And I dont think that a can post here the flick's works. But anyway I tired from, that everytime when I try vortex campaign, half of my time consists of fighting with someone who have tails or horns. Its a zoo, and I know someones likes it, but I dont. Where is Araby? Where is DoW?
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,967
    Labria said:

It looks like Lizardmen vs Beastmen is favorite speculation for next lord pack. Do you really want these two races in next lord pack?
    https://www.strawpoll.me/45200292

Honestly, Lizardmen vs Beastmen looks like very strange choice for lord pack. They are two non-humanoid races with big focus to monsters. I can imagine many people who prefer to play humanoid races like Empire or High Elves will have no big interest in this lord pack.

Ikit Claw as rat version of Arnold Schwarzenegger with nukes and machine guns work as main selling point for the Prophet & the Warlock lord pack. I am really not sure if CA can do something similar with any missing Lizardmen LL or Beastmen LL.

Sure, Lizardmen need more love but they can get something like Dark Elves in last update in the future. Who know, maybe Lizardmen will only get FLC like Kroxigor hero + small rework in next patch. After all, many people expected Dark Elves as second race for lord pack before Rakath FLC.

If we really need at least game 2 core race in each lord pack. Personally, I'd rather see High Elves/Dark Elves or even Bretonnia(you can play them for free in game 2) vs Beastmen for last lord pack.

Yes. More lizardmen please.
    No, i also dislike Garth Ennis. He is very juvenile and raunchy, and some of his statements are utterly ridiculous, like Captain America being offensive to WWII veterans when his co-creator, Jack Kirby, served in the war and soldiers liked his stories.

If you think using your abilities to help and inspire people is childish, then i feel sorry for you.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,409
    Maelas said:

Neodeinos said:

There is only one acceptable alternative to the Beastmen and it's any WH1 races that still didn't get a rework, so Norsca and WoC. If we don't have any of them then it's a big mistake no matter what CA does.

Honestly, I can't see WH3 not including some things for Norsca and WoC. The whole sacrifice to a god mechanic need a overhaul to match the new content !

And honestly, I'd argue that if such a overhaul do come, Norsca doesn't really need a rework, at least not on the scale of BM or WE. Just give them better skill trees, a LP and a FLC Lord and they're as good as any other !
    Pretty much what I expect too. WoC will get a major overhaul with the launch of WH3 and also tons of extra units with Monos.

Norsca could get another update with the launch of Immortal Empires.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,126
    Do I want it? Yes. But I want Dwarfs vs. Vampire Counts even more.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,576

Wow, not an elf DLC?

But I wouldn't mind Dwarf vs VC, I would just prefer it if one of those was BM.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,126
    Goatforce said:

Wow, not an elf DLC?

But I wouldn't mind Dwarf vs VC, I would just prefer it if one of those was BM.
    That's a brilliant idea! HE vs. HE!
    animacja-sygn-3.gif