Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Glutos Orscollion, Lord of Gluttony for WH3's Slanesh.

2»

Comments

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,851
    Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

Would love to see him. Slaanesh really needs better characters to be on par with Nurgle.

AoS is very hit and miss with Slaanesh characters. The Newborn looks amazing and is extremely interesting. Meanwhile, Syll'esque is an abomination that'd make Nurgle Isabella looks great.

If we need more Slaanesh characters, GW and CA just need to rework characters with potential but that are utterly outdated, like Azazel. Let's give him a better name too, this one is just too on the nose.
    I have no idea what is wrong with Syll'esque? It is a great model imo
    I personally dislike this model because he looks way too alien, that's the only thing I can think of when looking at it.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,131

That's an AoS model. Different IP. Updating Demon models to their AoS versions is completely different to importing a character from said IP.

Personally I see SLaaanesh's 4 as:

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

But they can't take a Lord from Chaos Warriors and include it in Chaos demons, it would be just wrong unless they pay it back with a Chaos Warrior Lord for the old DLC.
    Monogods aren't Chaos Demons. We're not actually getting DoC in game 3 sadly.

I see no reason Sigvald can't be both, and they can give WoC another LL in addition to that regardless.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,743

That's an AoS model. Different IP. Updating Demon models to their AoS versions is completely different to importing a character from said IP.

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

But they can't take a Lord from Chaos Warriors and include it in Chaos demons, it would be just wrong unless they pay it back with a Chaos Warrior Lord for the old DLC.

I see no reason Sigvald can't be both, and they can give WoC another LL in addition to that regardless.
    We might need Monogods army books then cause I don't understand anything.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

There were none.......
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

There were none.......
    I know, I'm hoping GW is making an updated army list for all races, best way to make WH3 even longer.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Improve UI

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

There were none.......
    I know, I'm hoping GW is making an updated army list for all races, best way to make WH3 even longer.
    They can't. WHFB is over...
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Woops edited my rant into oblivion, should come back later !
  • apophas123#5539apophas123#5539 Registered Users Posts: 229
    edited April 2021
    I would quite like a legendary man like that for slaanesh because he looks great and shows gluttony, a very little excess representing.
    However I doubt it will happen, demonic characters such as shalaxi, Dexcessa and Synessa or syll'eske have more opportunities because they are demons present in all the warhammer universes, however glutos no, an absolute sadness
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,229

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

There were none.......
    That would not make sense because Fantasy as we know it is dead, we are getting the Old World, and it takes place around the time of the invasion of Asavar Kul.

For all we know, Chaos may not even bee in the game at the start.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Goatforce#6625Goatforce#6625 Registered Users Posts: 8,450
    Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

Would love to see him. Slaanesh really needs better characters to be on par with Nurgle.

AoS is very hit and miss with Slaanesh characters. The Newborn looks amazing and is extremely interesting. Meanwhile, Syll'esque is an abomination that'd make Nurgle Isabella looks great.

If we need more Slaanesh characters, GW and CA just need to rework characters with potential but that are utterly outdated, like Azazel. Let's give him a better name too, this one is just too on the nose.
    Oh I could do a whole thesis on everything I dislike about Syll'esque, ranking from logical to petty. I just really don't like him.
    I don't like his stupid face. I don't like how this supposed champion of slaanesh is just a bald grey dude in boring rags and ritual scars. I don't like the entire concept of a daemonette waifu, it go against every known lore for demons, daemonettes and Slaanesh alike. I don't like how the daemonette looks like, they made her look way "cuter" and frailer and meeker than other daemonettes. Her whole pose is also ridiculous, that circle thing is an fashion faux-pas of a galactic level.

You get the picture. Me not like.

The sad thing is that the idea of doing a Slaanesh take on love is fascinating. But GW chose the blandest, worst, ugliest most boring way to explore it both visually and narratively.
    Esske visually seems like a reference to Xerxes from 300 imo (even seen a great paint job that makes him look like the character), and I really like that, and his character is a twist on Spartacus (gladiator who wishes to kill tyrants). Can't see an issue with that.

Syll, well I am not sure waifu is completely correct but even if it is, I don't see an issue. Syll was "spurned by Slaanesh's courtiers for growing too attached to those the Herald had chosen for inspiration". Dedication, attachment, dependency, obsession, call it what you will, but all these things are subject to excess, and thus fall into Slaanesh's perview - thus a daemon of Slaanesh could easily exhibit these traits (and acting as if anime was not Slaanesh's true presense on this earth I feel is a mistake in and of itself :tongue: ). Also I don't see why a Daemonette looking "cuter" is too much of a stretch as Daemonettes are not all cast in one mold, and given that they have a habit of hypnotising those around them one could argue that Syll is in a "masked" state.

I mean I can't argue with you on the grounds of appearence, if you don't like how they look then you don't like how they look. But I don't think they at all clash with the themes of Slaanesh.
    Neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

I personally dislike this model because he looks way too alien, that's the only thing I can think of when looking at it.
    Might be the paint job, there is an excellent Xerxes style paintjob of him which I think fits much better (personally feel the model of Esske was based to a degree on the 300 character).

Think this looks a lot better
  • Gatinho_ExplosivoGatinho_Explosivo Registered Users Posts: 95
    edited April 2021

Didnt they already say no AOS stuff in game 3?

And what is "stuff"? Mind you, I also not expecting (or think it's needed) named characters or entire AoS races, but it's clear that "stuff" doesnt mean "anything" because we are getting AoS "stuff". We are getting its aesthetics as shown by the greater daemons in the trailer and we are getting its interpretation of Chaos, as monogods never had separate army books in WHFB - and that's "stuff" to me. So it seems perfectly reasonable to get a few units too and maybe characters like this Slaanesh fatso as a generic lord/hero or as an unit - I mentioned this in a thread when this model was announced, but replace him with a Slaanesh herald or with a generic mortal follower and you have yourself an unique looking Slaanesh Warshrine that fits fantasy just fine IMO.
    Post edited by Gatinho_Explosivo on
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Registered Users Posts: 445

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

There were none.......

• Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    Neodeinos said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

Of course he looks alien, Esske ascended to become a daemon prince.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

Oh I could do a whole thesis on everything I dislike about Syll'esque, ranking from logical to petty. I just really don't like him.
    I don't like his stupid face. I don't like how this supposed champion of slaanesh is just a bald grey dude in boring rags and ritual scars. I don't like the entire concept of a daemonette waifu, it go against every known lore for demons, daemonettes and Slaanesh alike. I don't like how the daemonette looks like, they made her look way "cuter" and frailer and meeker than other daemonettes. Her whole pose is also ridiculous, that circle thing is an fashion faux-pas of a galactic level.

The sad thing is that the idea of doing a Slaanesh take on love is fascinating. But GW chose the blandest, worst, ugliest most boring way to explore it both visually and narratively.
    Esske visually seems like a reference to Xerxes from 300 imo (even seen a great paint job that makes him look like the character), and I really like that, and his character is a twist on Spartacus (gladiator who wishes to kill tyrants). Can't see an issue with that.

Syll, well I am not sure waifu is completely correct but even if it is, I don't see an issue. Syll was "spurned by Slaanesh's courtiers for growing too attached to those the Herald had chosen for inspiration". Dedication, attachment, dependency, obsession, call it what you will, but all these things are subject to excess, and thus fall into Slaanesh's perview - thus a daemon of Slaanesh could easily exhibit these traits (and acting as if anime was not Slaanesh's true presense on this earth I feel is a mistake in and of itself :tongue: ). Also I don't see why a Daemonette looking "cuter" is too much of a stretch as Daemonettes are not all cast in one mold, and given that they have a habit of hypnotising those around them one could argue that Syll is in a "masked" state.

I mean I can't argue with you on the grounds of appearence, if you don't like how they look then you don't like how they look. But I don't think they at all clash with the themes of Slaanesh.
    I hear you, but my problem with it is just that it's all so bland. He's litteraly just a pit fighter that's in love with a daemonette. You couldn't make it more milquetoast if you tried ! It's Slaanesh, it's supposed to be excessive, grand, it's supposed to be awe-inspiring, you could do so much more on such a strong concept as love !

Basically, that's my main gripe, GW had such a cool concept on how a Slaanesh worshipper would approach love, its fascinating, and yet they went the safest, least interesting way. They made a big dude in love with a cute frail girl. One on one, monogamous, traditional lovey love between big dude and smol girl. That's the most trite, overused, basic idea of love since ever ! Every movie have it, that's not a fun twist, that's not a novel approach.

Like, for one, why is it just a classic couple ? It's Slaanesh for god's sake ! Makes it crazy, make it wild, make it obsessive !

How about a group of lovers who fused together in a horrific yet sensual manner ? How about a champion that is obsessed over the very idea of love, and who took in a loving couple, protecting them and treating them halfway between a subject of adoration and play dolls, to act exactly how he picture love should be ? What about two champions fated by Slaanesh to die against eachother, yet madly in love ?

Honestly, the possibilites are endless. It's just so disappointing that they chose the most boring, predictable way out to the point that they even had to make a daemonette turn into a cute fragile waifu to fit their overused mold.
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

I hear you, but my problem with it is just that it's all so bland. He's litteraly just a pit fighter that's in love with a daemonette. You couldn't make it more milquetoast if you tried ! It's Slaanesh, it's supposed to be excessive, grand, it's supposed to be awe-inspiring, you could do so much more on such a strong concept as love !

Basically, that's my main gripe, GW had such a cool concept on how a Slaanesh worshipper would approach love, its fascinating, and yet they went the safest, least interesting way. They made a big dude in love with a cute frail girl. One on one, monogamous, traditional lovey love between big dude and smol girl. That's the most trite, overused, basic idea of love since ever ! Every movie have it, that's not a fun twist, that's not a novel approach.

Like, for one, why is it just a classic couple ? It's Slaanesh for god's sake ! Makes it crazy, make it wild, make it obsessive !

How about a group of lovers who fused together in a horrific yet sensual manner ? How about a champion that is obsessed over the very idea of love, and who took in a loving couple, protecting them and treating them halfway between a subject of adoration and play dolls, to act exactly how he picture love should be ? What about two champions fated by Slaanesh to die against eachother, yet madly in love ?

Honestly, the possibilites are endless. It's just so disappointing that they chose the most boring, predictable way out to the point that they even had to make a daemonette turn into a cute fragile waifu to fit their overused mold.
    They are a symbiotic force now, they fight with syncronocity. Syll doesn't just watch him fight, she also helped him become a daemon prince by mentoring him. They were both outcasts and through one another they have ascended.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,838

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

And this is now a 40K unit.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/The-Vengeful-Allegiance-2019
    Kneel

• apophas123#5539apophas123#5539 Registered Users Posts: 229
    -N'kari
    -slaanesh mask
    -Azazel
    -Sigvald
    -Dechala
    If they include demons from AoS
    -Shalaxi
    -Syll'eske
    Surge_2 said:

- Dechala
    - N'kari
    - Sigvald
    - Azazel

And this is now a 40K unit.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/The-Vengeful-Allegiance-2019
    In terms of portraying love I hate that. That's awful. As a model it's okay.
  • Surge_2#1464Surge_2#1464 Registered Users Posts: 11,838
    I simply mean in terms of it being a Character from AoS, that spread to the rest of the game systems but I've been up a long time....
    Kneel

Gluttony should be included in Slanesh.
    *Improve UI

• MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    I'm for AoS minies in TWWH3 where they make sense but Glutos is very specifically a character from AoS with an AoS specific backstory and role in AoS lore.

He does not belong in WHFB.

Is the mini cool? Yes. It's super cool.
    But we have a TON of Chaos character options, including for Slaanesh. Way more than we are likely to ever get even by the game's end. There is no good excuse for adding in characters from millenia in the timeline's future. This is not a "reverse-repanse" case.
    Glutos' backstory is entrenched in a time and place where Slaanesh is an imprisoned god being harvested by elves for the souls he ate when WHFB ended. It's just too messy.

Mod him in? Sure, but he should not take official billing over any of the over half a dozen other characters Slaanesh has to offer from WHFB.
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    I think it will be better if Glutos will stay pure AoS character. This universe really need more own characters.

Slaanesh already have 6 interesting choices for his legendary lords in game 3:
    1. N'Kari - Keeper of Secrets
    2. Masque of Slaanesh - Herald of Slaanesh
    3. Azazel - Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
    4. Sigvald - Chaos Lord of Slaanesh(Infantry focus)
    5. Styrkaar - Chaos Lord of Slaanesh(cavalry focus)
    6. Dechala - Snake Lady of Slaanesh
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,641
    Labria said:

I think it will be better if Glutos will stay pure AoS character. This universe really need more own characters.

Slaanesh already have 6 interesting choices for his legendary lords in game 3:

1. N'Kari - Keeper of Secrets
    2. Masque of Slaanesh - Herald of Slaanesh
    3. Azazel - Daemon Prince of Slaanesh
    4. Sigvald - Chaos Lord of Slaanesh(Infantry focus)
    5. Styrkaar - Chaos Lord of Slaanesh(cavalry focus)
    6. Dechala - Snake Lady of Slaanesh
    This is honestly the perfect line up for Slaanesh.
    6 badass and very distinctive LLs offering different playstyles and army builds.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313
    Dudes an AoS character, it makes no sense for him to be in a Warhammer Fantasy game.
  • NiggeyNiggey Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 206
    If CA invents new units, I think they have much more possibilities with Slaneesh than any other god. The theme of Nurgle (Pestilence), Khorne (Anger, War) and Tzeentch (Magic, Knowledge) seems to me (a little bit) more limited than Slaneesh.

There we could have units that represent Lust, Gluttony, Vanity, Pride etc.
    We could have units that play around with a music theme (I like the noise marines take in WH40K), beauty theme, dance/dancer theme, seduction theme...

I think you could do so much with a god of excess, because it can come in various forms. Hope CA will go crazy!

• Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,218
    I like the model, and I would like to see it in the game, but if I were to choose AoS character to be ported to FB then Syll'Esske would be my choice. The SoT-like foot LL is a delicious idea.

To make excess not only sex (multi-titted) focused, gluttony would be a nice addition.

The bolded part implies that it's already present, while in truth the most recent humanoid miniatures are nothing like that. Slaanesh could actually use some multiple bosoms.
    Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

Goatforce said:

Maelas said:

ArneSo said:

Well it does kind of reference that with Sylle being spurned by other Heralds for her attachment, and I don't think it is the case that they just fell in love and that was the story - Sylle at least seems to have a habit of getting attached to her charges, so it might be more that this one actually became immortal eventually.

But fine, I see your issue. I personally don't have a problem with it, but I see why you do.

As to a champion obsessed with love....

Rob18446 said:

Dudes an AoS character, it makes no sense for him to be in a Warhammer Fantasy game.

Exactly.
    Surge_2 said:

I simply mean in terms of it being a Character from AoS, that spread to the rest of the game systems but I've been up a long time....

Sorry I just never knew it was meant to represent love. What a dumb model for that.

DoC have always been across both systems. I just don't want AoS characters in WHFB. If we do though I demand Saint Celestine, technically a Demon that one.