Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Grimgor's 'Ardboyz unique Immortulz Armour Scrap Upgrade

CvejoCvejo Registered Users Posts: 95
edited April 29 in General Discussion
What is exactly the point of this upgrade?

With 72 starting Leadership they don't have too bad morale; the +10 Leadership isn't all that much, and the Fear isn't all that awesome either.

The upgrade isn't even at least cheap, like is the case for all of Wurrzag's unique ones. It's whopping 80 Scrap. In what scenario would we really take the immortulz Armour over e.g. Jagged Weapons (+10 Bonus vs Infantry) or even the Longer Weapons scrap upgrades?

And unlike the other faction-specific upgrades, it s exclusively limited to just one unit (Black Orcs).

Comments

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,613
    It makes the unit with the Immortulz banner virtually unkillable if you stack only a little more LD on them.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,091
    Cvejo said:

And unlike the other faction-specific upgrades, it s exclusively limited to just one unit (Black Orcs).

Da Immortulz are Grimgors, and his Regiment of Renown alone. There is also always only one Immortulz regiment, never more.

-----Red Dox
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,806
    You need to pick one unit of Black Orks, just one, and stack every single conceivable upgrade on them. The Immortulz armor unique scrap upgrade, the banner, and as many confident characters and lds auras you can manage. The Immortulz lds value is effectively their hit points. They could be at literally zero health, but in so long as their lds holds they'll never die.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,641
    At best: metagaming a single unit.
    At worst: Noob trap for people who don't meta.

A lot of the scrap system is a noob trap, honestly. There are very specific choices that are wildly superior to the others.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,288
    edited April 29
    Yes it does seem that it's only useful on the single unit with Grimgor's banner and if you use heroes with either the confident (+4ld) or disciplined (2ld +2 MA) traits.

Don't bother in any other situation. I'm playing a Grimgor campaign at the moment and got a starting confident BoBB, so I'm using this scrap on the starting Black Orc unit. But I'm not going to pay for any other one. I much prefer the +10 Bonus v infantry.

Also I noticed I still lose models against artillery, even if the LD of the Immortulz is around 70. Did anybody notice that as well?
  • CvejoCvejo Registered Users Posts: 95

It makes the unit with the Immortulz banner virtually unkillable if you stack only a little more LD on them.

A lot, yes.

"A little more", no. It's just 10.