Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

If You Had To Choose Between A Beastmen Lord Pack and an Araby Race Pack Which Would You Choose?

Sabor444#1932Sabor444#1932 Registered Users Posts: 586
Good afternoon fellow Warhammer fans. Today I wanted to discuss a basic hypothetical. Araby is probably not coming, but let's say you had to pick between these two. Araby includes 2 new LL, a bunch of new units, a new lore, and of course a brand new campaign experience. On the other hand besstmen would come with a complete race overhaul, a new LL, one FLC lord, ghorgon, jabberslythe, and a couple other new units.

So between these two options that are completely hypothetical which would you prefer?

https://www.strawpoll.me/45206875

Comments

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    edited April 2021
    There is only one right answer here, choose wisely.
  • taalisman01taalisman01 Registered Users Posts: 295
    Why can't we have both?

But to play along, a completely new race, with new lords, starting positions, units, possibly mechanics > overhaul of an already existing race ( how badly the race needs it ).
    How bad people might want Araby, i think we are too far into the life cycle of Warhammer 2 to expect a completely new race, but as Journey put it "don't stop believing".

• Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 15,846
    I believe that if we don't get Araby in WH2 then we'll never get it so I'm picking that one though it's a painful choice.
  • Ben1990#8909Ben1990#8909 Registered Users Posts: 2,864
    Sabor said:

Good afternoon fellow Warhammer fans. Today I wanted to discuss a basic hypothetical. Araby is probably not coming, but let's say you had to pick between these two. Araby includes 2 new LL, a bunch of new units, a new lore, and of course a brand new campaign experience. On the other hand besstmen would come with a complete race overhaul, a new LL, one FLC lord, ghorgon, jabberslythe, and a couple other new units.

So between these two options that are completely hypothetical which would you prefer?

https://www.strawpoll.me/45206875

DWARFS.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,316
    Araby!!!

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    BM will not be missed.
  • MalalTheRenegade#5644MalalTheRenegade#5644 Registered Users Posts: 888
    That's a tough one. But since Beastmen are sure to get a LP down the road while Araby might be just a dream, my vote directly goes to Araby.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,837
    BM, araby can stay under the desert sand of nehekhara!

• Masarius#7206Masarius#7206 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,441
    What an odd way of spelling Kislev and Empire.
    Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day
  • EmeraldThanatos#7267EmeraldThanatos#7267 Registered Users Posts: 2,927
    Boostmen
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

• Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    BM by far. They are almost nonexistent so in zhis case they'll be brand new race as well. But more interesting than... well elephants and flying carpets.
  • GerardofthetitanGerardofthetitan Registered Users Posts: 445
    That's easy. Beastmen.
  • SaintCorn#3148SaintCorn#3148 Registered Users Posts: 2,856
    CA should try to fix some of the more broken races that have been left in the dust.
    Beastmen have suffered enough as is, and an update at the end of the Warhammer trilogy would be really insulting since the Beastmen would be broken from their release to the end of the series.
    Plus, for people that bought it like a decade ago by that point would be pretty cheated for ten years.

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Beastmen have waited long enough.

Beside, I only want Araby if it get an entire make-over for the Old World, so we'll talk about when and if they get it.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,460
    Beastmen have most of their armybook covered. Should they get the missing stuff, and maybe some older stuff like god-marks? Sure. But not if the cost would be screwing up an entire race. The question itself pinning it down to a 7€ Rival DLC or a 19€ race DLC makes it also pretty clear what should give us more content in the end.

-----Red Dox
  • RamsesIII#4621RamsesIII#4621 Registered Users Posts: 1,176
    Choosing one means the other never gets made?

Sorry Araby fans :S
    Red_Dox said:

Beastmen have most of their armybook covered. Should they get the missing stuff, and maybe some older stuff like god-marks? Sure. But not if the cost would be screwing up an entire race. The question itself pinning it down to a 7€ Rival DLC or a 19€ race DLC makes it also pretty clear what should give us more content in the end.

-----Red Dox

OP said Araby race pack (2LLs), so they'd both be the same price.
    RamsesIII said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

i don't think they wil do 2LL race again and its not like araby can not find four characters that are cool

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,088
    It's a bit tough but if Beastmen got a rework but not a LP it would still be good enough for me to choose Araby. I actually enjoy Beastmen fairly well in their current incarnation. It's not the lack of units, characters or more LLs that chafes me the most. It's that the current Lords they do have are an unupdated mess of mediocrity and that the racial mechanics feel a little lacking.

More units and character options wouldn't go amiss obviously but I'd happily sacrifice three units, a generic character or two and a LL for an entirely new race with two LLs. I'd do that even if Beastmen weren't updated but it'd smart a bit more.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • sykall#1105sykall#1105 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    Tough choice as I like beastmen and ser them suffering for far to long.
    But Araby I would like to see more
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,800
    beastmen

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Nopeacejustwar#3336Nopeacejustwar#3336 Registered Users Posts: 1,378
    Do you even need to ask! FLYING CARPETS!
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,457
    Beastmen simple
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,088
    RikRiorik said:

It's a bit tough but if Beastmen got a rework but not a LP it would still be good enough for me to choose Araby. I actually enjoy Beastmen fairly well in their current incarnation. It's not the lack of units, characters or more LLs that chafes me the most. It's that the current Lords they do have are an unupdated mess of mediocrity and that the racial mechanics feel a little lacking.

More units and character options wouldn't go amiss obviously but I'd happily sacrifice three units, a generic character or two and a LL for an entirely new race with two LLs. I'd do that even if Beastmen weren't updated but it'd smart a bit more.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I’d loathe the scenario with unupdated Beastmen though. Units and stuff I have less of a problem dealing with. I’m not a hardcore completionist by any stretch of the imagination but unupdated Beastmen just seems wrong however tasty Araby would be.

Decisions. Evidently they are hard 😂.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,332
    Beastmen all the way.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 2,713
    Araby is an interesting concept, but the beastmen need their update.

That said if we're getting Cathay I'd like to see an Araby CP at some point.
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Answer is obvious. One is a race with its own army book, the other is fan fiction creation, that would also be extremely controversial to add because of its lore.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • tihan1995tihan1995 Registered Users Posts: 6
    saweendra said:

RamsesIII said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

i don't think they wil do 2LL race again and its not like araby can not find four characters that are cool
    But that's the choice OP is proposing, I doubt CA have a binary bit that says Araby race pack / Beastmen LP either.
    RamsesIII said:

saweendra said:

RamsesIII said:

Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

But that's the choice OP is proposing, I doubt CA have a binary bit that says Araby race pack / Beastmen LP either.
    regardless of what OP said i think BM coming in game 3 better than game 2 because it will just be better as we have seen with game 2 progression thus any game 3 rework will be better than any game 2 rework

and also because Araby in game 3 might not happen at all because its harder to justify them being on that map than now, and also because campaign pack to close wh 2 out would be awesome