Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Repost from Reddit regarding Khorne representation in media

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,922
    Bayes said:

Surge_2 said:

Bayes said:

I do not understand the framing here at all.

Khorne are the bad guys, they are going to get beat up by the good guys

Found the problem.
    You can call it a problem, but it is just what was always going to happen.
    I guess that explains it. No wonder CA has mistreated Chaos the entire time.
    Beastmen

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,808
    Surge_2 said:

Bayes said:

Surge_2 said:

Bayes said:

I do not understand the framing here at all.

Khorne are the bad guys, they are going to get beat up by the good guys

Found the problem.
    You can call it a problem, but it is just what was always going to happen.
    I guess that explains it. No wonder CA has mistreated Chaos the entire time.
    Dunno feel this gonna be Khorne specific thing.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 1,160
    It is quite simple, Kislev has the bigger potential to sell games, like it or not human or humanoid good guy factions are more popular, particularly among the casual part of the player base. Chaos will always be more of an aquired taste.
    So like the Empire in WH1 Kislev gets the early spotlight this time. But despite having an early 'heroic' trailer the Empire ended up being a punching bag in others, the same may well happen to Kislev later on.

And not sure how you get the idea that Khorne is being used as a punching bag right now unless you think that Khorne must never been seen losing at any time or in any way in the game promotion material. The Khornate force in the 1st trailer was down right terrifying and was seen mulching it's way through the desperate Kislev defence, hardly a punching bag performance. And the Khornate forces losing a preview battle played from the Kislevite side is hardly surprising, I fully expect the scenario to be reversed once we get to the Chaos centric stuff.
    Dis gonna be good. This is the day we end HE where the love insults. Chaos edgy ❄ are pretty much the same.
  • kevManiackevManiac Registered Users Posts: 812
    But a more non-memic response: they'll come. Don't worry. They have been given more love than initially thought (2 armybooks --> 5 races at least) and will be the focus of the game. They only started with Kislev. I'm there with you man, I prefer the Chaos factions above Kislev, so my hype level is pretty low...

Also, it is quite lore friendly for Chaos to be kicked around and get bullied by the rest. Greater Daemons never get to stay in the world for more than like 5 minutes before some rando Elf/ Human yeets you backs into the Warp.
  • KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,877
    CA are just playing it safe, not everyone likes chaos or daemons (me included) so why focus everything on them? They will get plenty of content regardless, plus this was only like a 10 second clip
    KN_Gars said:

And not sure how you get the idea that Khorne is being used as a punching bag right now unless you think that Khorne must never been seen losing at any time or in any way in the game promotion material.

Khorne losing on its home turf?

Yeah, you are right, it literally should never happen.

Ever, at all, and whoever suggested otherwise and got this abomination green lit, should be fiiiiiiired. :)
    Beastmen

• mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,768
    Surge_2 said:

KN_Gars said:

And not sure how you get the idea that Khorne is being used as a punching bag right now unless you think that Khorne must never been seen losing at any time or in any way in the game promotion material.

Ever, at all, and whoever suggested otherwise and got this abomination green lit, should be fiiiiiiired. :)
    That would be GW, you know, the ones that make the lore.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    All the races will get trailer, gameplay, roster reveal etc. Its just that Kislev happens to be the first
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 556
    Who cares, when the game comes out you'll play whoever you want to play and whoever you want to win can win. Balance I'd get complaining about of course, but this isn't even that. This is literally just "my favorite faction can never lose".

Not to mention it's very, veeeeery much so portrayed as an uphill battle for Kislev so far. At the very least much more so of an even battle than the HEs just getting dunked on completely. Though it's not like that stopped the HEs from turning out fine.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Surge_2 said:

KN_Gars said:

Dont worry, when the game comes out you can play as khorne and make sure that he is never defeated.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

Surge_2 said:

KN_Gars said:

Are they? Warhammer ended when they burned it to the ground.
    Beastmen

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,665
    Crajoh said:

Frankly it's not surprising.

Kislev is very likely to be the most played of any of the game 2 races. It could very feasibly be 2-3x more popular than any Individual Chaos race. This is the pragmatic reality of splitting the gods into 4.

Chaos is awesome, chaos will get its love, chaos will and absolutely should get the loads of content as it deserves. However we can't ignore the sheer pragmatic reality that the big sellers of this game are Kislev, then Cathay.

You reckon played more than Cathay? Of course assuming Cathay is implemented well. Personally I am more keen to play Cath.
    The competition for most played is between Kislev and Cathay. Monos won't be anywhere close on an individual level to them.

Personally if Cathay is well done it'll be my favourite, but Kislev will likely be the overall fan favourite.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!

Crajoh said:

Kislev is very likely to be the most played of any of the game 2 races. It could very feasibly be 2-3x more popular than any Individual Chaos race. This is the pragmatic reality of splitting the gods into 4.

Chaos is awesome, chaos will get its love, chaos will and absolutely should get the loads of content as it deserves. However we can't ignore the sheer pragmatic reality that the big sellers of this game are Kislev, then Cathay.

You reckon played more than Cathay? Of course assuming Cathay is implemented well. Personally I am more keen to play Cath.
    The competition for most played is between Kislev and Cathay. Monos won't be anywhere close on an individual level to them.

Personally if Cathay is well done it'll be my favourite, but Kislev will likely be the overall fan favourite.
    Going to depend on the memes potential.

I do think that the Euro and US fan base will push Kislev over the top.
    Beastmen

Surge_2 said:

Surge_2 said:

KN_Gars said:

Are they? Warhammer ended when they burned it to the ground.
    It's more like the blew up the planet to be precise.

And they are the ones resurrecting it with the Old World.

And they are still the ones that created the Lore the game is based on and the ones that have the final word in every addition to the game, heck, they are the ones making the new Kislev and Cathay.
    Surge_2 said:

Crajoh said:

Me too. I think it'll be the simpler race overall.

We'll see though. It'll be an interesting topic of discussion once we know all the actual information.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
    KN_Gars said:

It is quite simple, Kislev has the bigger potential to sell games, like it or not human or humanoid good guy factions are more popular, particularly among the casual part of the player base. Chaos will always be more of an aquired taste.
    So like the Empire in WH1 Kislev gets the early spotlight this time. But despite having an early 'heroic' trailer the Empire ended up being a punching bag in others, the same may well happen to Kislev later on.

And not sure how you get the idea that Khorne is being used as a punching bag right now unless you think that Khorne must never been seen losing at any time or in any way in the game promotion material. The Khornate force in the 1st trailer was down right terrifying and was seen mulching it's way through the desperate Kislev defence, hardly a punching bag performance. And the Khornate forces losing a preview battle played from the Kislevite side is hardly surprising, I fully expect the scenario to be reversed once we get to the Chaos centric stuff.

Common sense.

Once the colours get their individual trailers they'll win.
    Hyped for TWW3.

Surge_2 said:

Crajoh said:

That may be on East Europe, here in the South we are more of the Slaneesh type if you know what I mean 😏.

Up north they are probably more of a Khorne people, they like their heavy metal up there.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,701
    Hope they keep powercreep in check. Kislev is cool but their infantry is no match for chaos let alone Khorne.
  • GamgeeGamgee Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,158

No idea why so many disagree the gaming normies have proven to like only the most normal factions around. Even high elves were a hard sell to normies like angry joe back in the day in his warhammer 2 review. Now that there is Kislev and Cathay two highly requested factions since game 1 this is only natural. Only here and 4chan do people think otherwise but those are the ultimate contrarian places and opinions lol who don't represent the majority in any way. Then the statistics of the campaigns beaten show a clear bias towards human and then good guy factions. The chaos factions are all the least played its why they had to be bundled with a good guy faction as their dlc wouldn't sell as good otherwise.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,862
    I literally called it. Just 20 minutes after the trailer dropped I posted the following:

"I can already see "Khorne: where's the love?""

This happened sooner than expected tbh.
  • MikobotMikobot Registered Users Posts: 114
    Krunch said:

I literally called it. Just 20 minutes after the trailer dropped I posted the following:

It's strange too, as CA is clearly starting with showcasing Kislev first. Comments regarding Khorne not getting much love could be saved for when his army is getting spotlight time. Perhaps some people expect Khorne to be completely showcased day one right beside Kislev, but it all seems relatively silly to think. We're clearly going to see tons of Kislev first, then lots of Cathay on the tail end as those are the two races that will sell this game to Total War fans. Daemons are the inbetween to hit the funny bone of actual Warhammer fans, while being of vague interest to people wondering what they'll find themselves fighting.

Honestly the marketing strategy seems sound for drumming hype for the average joe that'll buy into TWW.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,913
    We already have 5 of the starting 7 factions as Chaos, the Chaos realm features heavily in the plot, the majority of the early DLCs including at least one campaign pack are going to be taking up by Chaos...

If you oversaturate with Chaos...its going to turn people off. Kislev will be a good point of view faction for the average player and those that aren't super into Chaos.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 3,942
    I've been disappointed since they excluded Ogres from core races. Waiting for something to reignite me.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
  • elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 571
    I'm still sad that, even with the fact that melee infantry is **** in TWW2, even with the fact that Chaos make heavy use of melee infantry, they didn't care to add formations or something else to make those units more interesting.

Because ok Khorne may be the punching bag while playing as Kislev, but if he's still a punching bag when i play as him that would suck.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,826
    They're trying to promote the game not only to returning TW:W players, but also to reel in more newcomers. Kislev is the approachable but badass good guy race to root for, and Khorne's forces are chosen because they are the most similar to the Diabloesque hellfire demons that's common in pop culture. It's simple marketing.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

elkapp said:

I'm still sad that, even with the fact that melee infantry is **** in TWW2, even with the fact that Chaos make heavy use of melee infantry, they didn't care to add formations or something else to make those units more interesting.

Because ok Khorne may be the punching bag while playing as Kislev, but if he's still a punching bag when i play as him that would suck.

clearly you have not being this game well because infantry finally is good after the last two patches
  • RockNRolla92RockNRolla92 Registered Users Posts: 1,990
    Ahh here we go again, people overreacting when we've barely even seen anything. Even more so because the gameplay is going to be from the perspective from Kislev so lets make baseless assumptions about how Khorne is now trash
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,141
    Just as planned.

Let them believe they win, let them feed on false hope.

There is only one end to this.

For we are legions, the daemons of the Dark Gods are immortals and their champions are endless. Many of your kin will leave to join them, as they will ascend, they will be blessed, they will receive the rewards they always dreamed of.

None will ever look back.

YOU WEAKLINGS WHO DARE NOT SUBMIT WILL BE CRUSHED AND YOUR GODS SHATTERED TO OBLIVION AGAIN AND AGAIN FOR ETERNITY!

NONE WILL BE SPARED!

"Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    Krunch said:

Yeah, I find it hilariously ironic that after people have been throwing shade at HE fans for years, Khorne fans are now complaining over the teaser for the first gameplay reveal. At least wait until there's been enough material to set a trend. Someone has to be the loser of the first gameplay showcase, after all.