Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War Warhammer 2: Dlc Beastmen vs ?

vegenervegener Registered Users Posts: 119
You will see that in the forums on the topic related to the last dlc of total war warhammer 2 a lot of people believe that it will be beastmen vs lizardmen because at least the dlc had to have a faction of the second part And this is my question and if instead of fighting the lizardmen the beastmen faced the funeral kings or the vampire coast, what do you think about this?

Comments

• HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,883
    I doubt either the Tomb Kings or the Coast will be in the DLC. It kind of cheapens the original Campaign Pack when it is in the same game.
  • sasori1548sasori1548 Registered Users Posts: 458
    Honestly it could be almost anything. While lizardman vs Beastmen are indeed the most likely outcome (also my preferable outcome) I can see Beastmen vs Vampire counts/dwarfs. Even though it is unlikely to see a WH1 vs WH1 Lord Pack when it comes to C.A expect the unexpected.

All in all i would say that Tette'ekko vs Moonclaw looks like the way to go.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 681
    Lizardmen are my guess. Not the way I would have wanted things but there we go.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 13,275

I doubt either the Tomb Kings or the Coast will be in the DLC. It kind of cheapens the original Campaign Pack when it is in the same game.

If we have a lord pack for them it's not going to be until WH3.

• damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,275
    TOTAL WAR WARHAMMER 2: DLC BEASTMEN more interesting race VS anything
    BsFG dwarf
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,980
    I can't see them doing DLC vs DLC, as then the question is who gets the FLC?
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,942
    edited May 2021

It does, but its going to be years with the DLC schedule for Warhammer 3. We may not get a chance for a rework and addition of what they are missing.

All of the Game 3 factions will need their Lord Packs, Campaign packs will need to come, plus Vampire Counts, Dwarves, Norsca, Warriors of Chaos and Empire are likely to get packs after that.

While a Vampire Coast vs Tomb Kings may be *Very* unpalatable for people, it may be the only chance to update the holes these factions have for Warhammer 3. Patching alone certainly hasn't been kind to them nor FLC.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    Since they confirmed the Skaven for WH3 and Dark Elves are likely not up for another DLC until way down WH3's lifecycle, the only possible alternative would be the High Elves.

But even that wouldn't make sense, as Aislinn's naval army wouldn't have a reason to fight the landlocked Beastmen. Lizardmen is the best alternative.
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 709
    Beastman vs Vampire Counts, Beasman FLC and Dwarf FLC
    Delenda Est

• ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    Lizardmen, dark elves, vampire counts, dwarfs, high elves in decreasing order of probability. If beastmen are in the pack, those are the options. It won't be against another dlc race, much less those dlc races from game 2. That's basic marketing. Empire and greenskins won't get a third dlc in game two while game two races only have two.

So that leaves those five races, order them as you like.

Lizardmen seem likely because they're in quite a bad campaign state, but it could also be dark elves and rakarth was just a flc that was supposed to come with tullaris but was released earlier.

Vc and dwarfs are included there out of pity, but a game 2 dlc will include a game 2 race. So it's either beastmen or them.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • RowdyRowdy Registered Users Posts: 58
    Beastmen vs Norsca

Norsca was the bonus race for buying TWW2 and we cannot even play them in Vortex.
    They only have 2 LL's and they are in Vortex, just not playable. They even have a good roster, its just campaign things that need to be fixed.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 28,409
    Most likely LM.

Tetto’eko vs Moonclaw would be the best scenario.
    Rowdy said:

Beastmen vs Norsca

Norsca was the bonus race for buying TWW2 and we cannot even play them in Vortex.
    They only have 2 LL's and they are in Vortex, just not playable. They even have a good roster, its just campaign things that need to be fixed.

Not being playable in the Vortex is really not important at this point. The Vortex campaign will be completely forgotten by CA and the community in a few months.

• xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 969
    Who is on the table:
    LZ, HE and DE.

it could be any of them, so I didn’t put SK on the list because it was the last LP and thanquol already confirmed for game3.

A part of the community wants DW or VC, it would hardly be game1 vs game1, if it is DW or VC they would steal BM's place.

TK and VP should not be on the table as this would devalue the DLC, it would be complete the list for half the price.

I think that the doubt resists more between DE or LZ, I don't think HE will receive more love in this game.
    The chaos situation prevents me from enjoying or having the hype for the game, and without chaos nothing else matters, CA didn't do a good job and I won't buy this game, it's not worth my money.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 668
    Rowdy said:

Beastmen vs Norsca

If it's 2 game 1 races, this is what I hope for. Get both of them up to 4 lords each, game 3 move Sigvald to Slaanesh at some point, give WoC Harald Hammerstorm and Sayl to get them up to 4 lords as well.

If it's a game 2 race, I don't care for the race a lot, but BM vs LM with Moonclaw and Taurox or Ghorros seems fitting.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,972
    edited May 2021
    Neodeinos said:

Rowdy said:

Beastmen vs Norsca

Not being playable in the Vortex is really not important at this point. The Vortex campaign will be completely forgotten by CA and the community in a few months.
    The 'have already played everything' part of the community, perhaps. People who still have narrative campaigns to play in the Vortex campaign may still want to play them. And people who pick up TWW2 at a sale to try it out, or people who start with -3 but get the DLCs and decide to give the narrative campaigns a try even though the mechanics are older...

CA likely will want TWW2 to be in the best condition possible when it releases, and by that criteria, fixing the Lizardmen before the end of TWW2 active development is probably more beneficial than squeezing in one more Game 1 race onto the Vortex. Especially since they won't be able to get all five in on one release.

Dwarfs and VCounts and Norsca can come in game 3, although I do hope CA goes to cross-game packs right away so they don't have to wait too long.
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 758
    My bet is still Tetto’eko vs Moonclaw/Taurox FLC
  • hanebuchhanebuch Registered Users Posts: 77
    I doubt that we will ever get two dlc races in one lord pack. That would mean that CA would sell two 20$ races for the price of 10$.
  • TheacutTheacut Registered Users Posts: 58
    Well CA's Steam depot has things like bacon, fish crow and green jay as branches so, maybe?
    kufaree said:

It's been so long without news for the WH2 DLC. At this point I let myself being hyped for this exact matchup so if it ends up we're not getting that one I'll be disappointed. But that's on me though.

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,205
    Neodeinos said:

kufaree said:

It's been so long without news for the WH2 DLC. At this point I let myself being hyped for this exact matchup so if it ends up we're not getting that one I'll be disappointed. But that's on me though.
    I face the exact same problem. I didn't advocate for any more WH2 Lord-spots for this game back in december/january, but now I am rooting for this match-up involving Lizardmen.

And I'd indeed be disappointed if we wouldn't get Moonclaw versus Tetto'eko. The theme is just... Too perfect and could tie into game 3 really well.
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 1,093
    Neodeinos said:

kufaree said:

Tbh even though I would prefer a game 1 lord, this matchup does seem like it would be pretty cool. So I'm pretty happy with whatever comes
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,883
    Neodeinos said:

kufaree said:

It pleases me that the Cult of the Moon has only grown stronger on the forums.

Neodeinos said:

kufaree said:

I just **** want Moonclaw.

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,205
    Neodeinos said:

Neodeinos said:

kufaree said:

I just **** want Moonclaw.
    Amen brother. CA could go wack with him.
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,054

Neodeinos said:

kufaree said:

Yes, the moon childreen gather to annouce the newest dlc!"