Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who do you really want as a Preorder bonus?

RowdyRowdy Registered Users Posts: 57
LOOK at previous two preorders, the Warriors of Chaos and Norsca.
They have been almost ignored for the all of game one and two. They are not fun to play and unlikely to see any future love because they are now considered a DLC.
Neither of them can even be played in Vortex, they only exist in Mortal Empires.
Would you really want to see that fate for a race you like?
Would you like to see Orges introduced poorly and then ignored for the rest of the game? or the Chaos Dwarfs?
Going on the past, i do not want any race i like being introduced as a preorder.
Maybe a good opportunity for the Dogs of war?

Comments

• ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,539
    'Season pass'
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,318
    Legion of Undeath.

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,045
    The preorder DLC is for TW: Warhammer 3.

And personally I think the best option is undead legion.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,937
    Albion if its going to be a 2 LL race pack. Fits perfect. Legions of Nagash if its a 4 LL.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,404
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 869
    edited May 7
    Albion,araby, amazons, nippon, hobgoblins and dogs of war are all races that I would be happy in different degrees if they were the preorder. Nice to have, play some campaigns but mostly just a bit more of colour to the campaign map
    Post edited by yukontherun on
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • xDEMOSxxDEMOSx Registered Users Posts: 656
    Undead legion, they need little to be a lot of fun, they would give slots to many famous LL, is if Undead legions were ignored after the release, hardly anyone would care about it.

Dogs of war in my concept have become more difficult to become pre-order, they need Ogros models.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,721
    Amonkhet said:

Albion if its going to be a 2 LL race pack. Fits perfect. Legions of Nagash if its a 4 LL.

Except it doesn't fir on the map, does it?

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,714
    Kraka Drak. Kislev in the north will need assistance.

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,923
    Neodeinos said:

Legion of Undeath.

Probably.
    Beastmen

• ConradToskanConradToskan Registered Users Posts: 280
    Araby! I know it won't happen... :p

To be more realistic: Dogs of War/Southern Realms would be cool and could happen.

Maybe an Empire faction like Middenland?

Hobgoblin Khans could fit... although is a bit close to regular greenskins (so I don't see it happening)

Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs will be kept as regular campaign pack dlcs (Both are too big factions). So I don't think we will see them as preorder bonus.
    Pocman said:

Amonkhet said:

Except it doesn't fir on the map, does it?

Depends how big the map is, and if all of Norsca makes it in. If all of Norsca makes it in, then a small island next to it will be fine. I think this is reasonable given how big the map is going to be.

If they plan to add a Empire lord pack in Game 3 part of Empire will need to be on the map, which could be further reasoning its in.

We won't know till we see the map.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 753
    Either Dogs of War/Southern Realms or Nagash's Undead Legions.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 541
    Kurgans or Nagash
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,751
    Amazons.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 197
    I'll start by saying that I hope that the pre-order race pack will be 4 lords no matter what they go with.

1st Choice: Araby
    2nd Choice: Southern Realms
    3rd Choice: Ind
    4th Choice: Khuresh
    5th Choice: Amazons
    6th Choice: Albion
    7th Choice: Nippon
    8th Choice: Chaos Dwarfs
    9th Choice: Ogre Kingdoms
    10th Choice: Legions of Nagash

Really, there's no limit to what they could do, any lord could appear anywhere on the map for any reason.

The reason CD and OK are so low is because we KNOW they are coming. I'm not worried at all about them making it into the game at some point. I'd much rather have a surprise race that everyone thought was on the chopping block, and then have the guaranteed races added at a later point.

Legions of Nagash I don't really care for as a unique race (Lord Pack in my opinion). I'd expect a roster that's 90% reskins or straight up copy-paste units from other races. Which, to be fair, is what happened with Norsca, so it's not outside the realm of possibility.

If I knew that the pre-order was going to get the Norsca treatment, then sure, Legions of Nagash it is.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,063
    Strange how pre-order is viewed as a curse for those who are put there.

Nagash or Dogs of War make most sense. A distant third is Hobgoblins. OK and CD would be a waste, and possibly a grim message about the future.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 414
    Nagash or Snakemen of Khuresh

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,813
    Legion of Nagash or Hobgoblins. They would add so much flavour to the map.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    There is really no bad option, so I just wait for the surprise :*
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,753
    Hobgobin Empire, but still holding out a small hope for Araby. Either would be cool.

But being realistic it would probably be Be'lakor and his Undivided DoC.

The 9th LL CA was hinting at might just be Nagash as FLC undead faction. Like how Bretonnia was done. I have little faith that Legions of Nagash will be a Campaign DLC, not unless CA plans on bringing in lots of AoS undead... otherwise their roster would be 90% units of existing factions. I ain't paying full Campaign DLC price for that.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 3,841
    It's time to let loose the Dogs of War !

Give them 4 LLs, a bigger budget than Norsca and we're set ! They don't have anything as complex as the Mammoth anyway !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,106
    edited May 7
    Dogs of War seem the most likely option - they already exist in game and were a tabletop army.

Hob goblins would personally be an extremely boring option - but would work. I'd rather they get explored as part of Chaos Dwarfs personally.

I still don't agree legions of Nagash are a thing. 1 unit and 1 character don't need a race. Have a game 3 Vampire counts crossgame pack and call it a day. However I'll begrudgingly admit they are probably in the top 3 most likely.

Anything else is very unlikely - though Khuresh / Ind I guess have an outside chance thanks to Cathay.
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,045
    Abmong said:

Hobgobin Empire, but still holding out a small hope for Araby. Either would be cool.

But being realistic it would probably be Be'lakor and his Undivided DoC.

The 9th LL CA was hinting at might just be Nagash as FLC undead faction. Like how Bretonnia was done. I have little faith that Legions of Nagash will be a Campaign DLC, not unless CA plans on bringing in lots of AoS undead... otherwise their roster would be 90% units of existing factions. I ain't paying full Campaign DLC price for that.

The great visual difference between the undead factions are their monsters, the infantry as such is summarized in zombies and / or skeletons with thematic costumes of the faction.
    Khuresh and Kingdoms of Ind are going to come as Campaign packs if they come. The whole race would need to be invented, like Cathay. Same for Nippon.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,753

Dogs of War seem the most likely option - they already exist in game and were a tabletop army.

Hob goblins would personally be an extremely boring option - but would work. I'd rather they get explored as part of Chaos Dwarfs personally.

I still don't agree legions of Nagash are a thing. 1 unit and 1 character don't need a race. Have a game 3 Vampire counts crossgame pack and call it a day.

Anything else is very unlikely - though Khuresh / Ind I guess have an outside chance thanks to Cathay.

DoW needs too much work for it to be the "giveaway" preorder, let alone Khuresh/Ind which would need intensive building from the ground up.

Business costwise, for CA would be either Undivided DoC, Hobgoblin Empire or Legions of Nagash, one of those.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 869
    Amonkhet said:

Khuresh and Kingdoms of Ind are going to come as Campaign packs if they come. The whole race would need to be invented, like Cathay. Same for Nippon.

Since Nippon would be pretty much invented, they could get the norsca deal, using basic Cathay units slightly changed for the roster with a couple of unique monsters to set them apart.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,106
    Abmong said:

I still don't agree legions of Nagash are a thing. 1 unit and 1 character don't need a race. Have a game 3 Vampire counts crossgame pack and call it a day.

DoW needs too much work for it to be the "giveaway" preorder, let alone Khuresh/Ind which would need intensive building from the ground up.

Business costwise, for CA would be either Undivided DoC, Hobgoblin Empire or Legions of Nagash, one of those.
    I disagree. The majority of the DoW units will be human skeletons- for which we already have many. Some of the stranger units will need work but Norsca go fimir, mammoths, skin wolves etc.

The fact that a modder has made a very well made DoW faction using nearly entirely in game assets makes a pretty convincing case in my eyes.
    The wiki is not a grounds for arguing about lore - because ANYONE can edit it at any time.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,877
    DoW or Araby is what i wish for
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc