Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

a little fun excersice for us all

ALHDONALHDON EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 535
edited May 10 in General Discussion
please dont derail this please dont derail this

so hi all it is me ya boy. I thught since warhammer 3 is looming above us I would come up with a fun little activity. Assume that any lord or faction or mechanic. any 1 singular choice got to be reworked or updated. so for example public order mechanic or tretch updated. if you had to pick 1 for an update in WH3 which would you change. why? and how would you like it to be changed.

my personal choice would be horde mechanic reworked since there are currently 7 (?) lords who suffer due to it. I would change it so instead of razing everything it would be closer to Nakai or Norsca. you can capture major capital cities (Couronne, Atldorf) and its province for yourself to control (or raze them) and then anything else you can have a vassal control (for Beastmen it would be just some stragglers setting up a camp or something) so you can still have a home territory but still be nomadic

edit: Spelling
Warhammer 3 = Pogu Content
Post edited by ALHDON on

Comments

• Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 730
    I'd change the Horde mechanic. Personally I think a hybrid Horde/Settlement system like the Vampire Coast is the best of both worlds.
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 783
    Horde is a good point but i will go with the diplomacy system.

We need more options here. Also i would like that you can choose at the start of the campaign between a lore friendly diplomacy (f.e. no skaven Dawi alliance) and the current system were you can make these ridiculious alliances.

and we need a buy/give/trade settlement option.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,997
    Ferestor said:

We need more options here. Also i would like that you can choose at the start of the campaign between a lore friendly diplomacy (f.e. no skaven Dawi alliance) and the current system were you can make these ridiculious alliances.

I also want to be able to try and broker peace between other factions, pressure other factions into declaring war etc.
  • ALHDONALHDON EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 535
    Ferestor said:

I believe their "abandon settlement" was a step in the correct direction on this side of things. but yes I see how these can be big improvements for the game.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 5,596
    Im going to be a little out there and say Ghorst. I want him to be more of a Zombie apocalypse LL to give him more of his own space in the VC. Just really focused on buffing Zombies and perhaps a little upgrade system similar to the Greenskins' or maybe Throts lab where you can do little upgrades like larger unit size, increased melee attack and weapon strength, faster speed, increases the speed of morale decay of enemies, or turning them into mini bloated corpses.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,219
    There are simply so many things that I would want to tinker with that only doing one would be a drop in the ocean.

But I’ll bite. Change the Anvil of Doom to be like it was in 6th edition. Model wise, mechanics wise but put some wheels under it.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • ALHDONALHDON EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 535

Im going to be a little out there and say Ghorst. I want him to be more of a Zombie apocalypse LL to give him more of his own space in the VC. Just really focused on buffing Zombies and perhaps a little upgrade system similar to the Greenskins' or maybe Throts lab where you can do little upgrades like larger unit size, increased melee attack and weapon strength, faster speed, increases the speed of morale decay of enemies, or turning them into mini bloated corpses.

I have never seen someone advocate for a Ghorst rework. I enjoyed his little tweak he got a while back where they added the raise dead effect for his corpse carts. I think that was a brilliant idea
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 558
    I would want a lizardmen rework so that they actually have mechanics, I would adapt the empire elector counts/ wood elves forests mechanics into retaking the temple cities, healing the spawning pools and getting access to the different blessed spawnings.

ALHDON said:

I have never seen someone advocate for a Ghorst rework. I enjoyed his little tweak he got a while back where they added the raise dead effect for his corpse carts. I think that was a brilliant idea
    Yeah exactly that was a fun thematic change. Just things that make him THE zombie themed LL where you are going full unending horde.

People complain that certain LLs like Ghorst and Tretch are wastes and want to ignore them. I'm of the opinion that less interesting LLs should be more unique not ignored

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 960
    I'm going to say Norsca's settlements and building trees: I either want province capitals expanded, or some of the buildings mergerd or removed.

Currently I don't even think you can fit every recruitment building in one province and have space for garrisons, which I'd like to have since norsca doesn't get walls. Maybe make the port building in conquered coastal settlements greatly reduce global recruitment time and cost.

I like that your economy is weak and you need to rely on raiding, I wish I could get right to it instead of having to bounce across Norsca to recruit all my units and protect my unwalled, barely garrisoned camps.

Also I love this suggestion.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 627

I would want a lizardmen rework so that they actually have mechanics, I would adapt the empire elector counts/ wood elves forests mechanics into retaking the temple cities, healing the spawning pools and getting access to the different blessed spawnings.

Exactly
    Slann as city holders giving the city a bonus depending on lore and generation

Geomantic web as meanings of teleportation

Blessed spawnings to pop up less randomly but as a % chance when building normal units
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,569
    Ignoring the obvious stuff (sieges, diplomacy, hordes, race reworks) I'd like Karak Eight Peaks reworked- it should be a big war, a back and forth between 3 opposing sides; not just you take one settlement and win.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 558

Ignoring the obvious stuff (sieges, diplomacy, hordes, race reworks) I'd like Karak Eight Peaks reworked- it should be a big war, a back and forth between 3 opposing sides; not just you take one settlement and win.

Probably unpopular opinion, but I don't think that fits in total war warhammer scope. In a fantasy total war saga battle for eight peaks centered on greenskins vs skaven vs dwarfs it would be cool, with a real underway map and a layered siege in k8p.

It would be a nice smaller game after they are done with wh3.

• Jman5Jman5 Registered Users Posts: 1,353
    Cost based unit caps with an increase to the max army size.

What this does is massively expand the possibility of viable armies you can build while also creating balance. Large undead and skaven armies of cheap units? Great! Smaller, but elite army of high elves? Awesome.
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 618
    A complete redesign of Vampire Coast, where its transformed into the the Dreadfleet headed by Noctilus, with Vangheist, Amanhotep and Skretch as lords. Aranessa and Sartosa becomes Southern Realms/DoW.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,118
    Horde --> Supply lines.
  • Leopold_the_LeoLeopold_the_Leo Registered Users Posts: 93

Probably unpopular opinion, but I don't think that fits in total war warhammer scope. In a fantasy total war saga battle for eight peaks centered on greenskins vs skaven vs dwarfs it would be cool, with a real underway map and a layered siege in k8p.

It would be a nice smaller game after they are done with wh3.
    It would be the perfect mini-campaign, if they were still a thing and the key players weren’t already in the game.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,895

A complete redesign of Vampire Coast, where its transformed into the the Dreadfleet headed by Noctilus, with Vangheist, Amanhotep and Skretch as lords. Aranessa and Sartosa becomes Southern Realms/DoW.

Why would Aranessa be DoW ? She's not a mercenary, she doesn't land her services against money, especially not on land.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 733

Yes, LM aren't that bad of a race, pretty much greenskins but worse, I like them. That's why I hope they are going to be part of next DLC. Of course it will be the BM who get rework, yes it's true, but I think we can still count on some small touch ups to to LM mechanics and campaign in general and they don't really need that much.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.

Vangheist's ship has sailed and Amanhotep doesn't really seem like a fit for the Coast. Skretch would be great especially with a couple of kitbashed undead skaven units.

Aranessa is problematic because she isn't really DoW either. I feel like what would be best bit intensly unlikely is if one day we got a little Pirates of Sartosa Race Pack with Jaego and Long Drong and Aranessa was scooched over there maybe with a Dilemma partway through the campaign to choose between Manaan and Stromfels since her going evil was always a possibility.
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 303
    The horde mechanic because it affects so many armies. A personal favorite of mine is for CA to re-work the Dwarf's mechanic and give them the ability to create runes for weapons and armor, but that is something much less critical than horde re-work.
  • yolordmcswagyolordmcswag Registered Users Posts: 3,703
    An army composition rework, soft caps on units depending on their tye, allowing several or no lords in an army, and tie in which characters an army has with the unit caps.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 405
    I'd overhaul the population mechanic to something to the population mod, but more specific to different races. If done well it would add a tonne of depth to the game, make the loss of cities and armies more impactful, and fix the doomstacks issue.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,895

Vangheist's ship has sailed and Amanhotep doesn't really seem like a fit for the Coast. Skretch would be great especially with a couple of kitbashed undead skaven units.

Aranessa is problematic because she isn't really DoW either. I feel like what would be best bit intensly unlikely is if one day we got a little Pirates of Sartosa Race Pack with Jaego and Long Drong and Aranessa was scooched over there maybe with a Dilemma partway through the campaign to choose between Manaan and Stromfels since her going evil was always a possibility.
    Don't you take Long Drong away from DoW, its one of our only ranged options !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
    Maelas said:

Why would Aranessa be DoW ? She's not a mercenary, she doesn't land her services against money, especially not on land.

A seperate Grand Alliance Pirate race then, with Jaego Roth, Prince Yrellian and Red Brokk. Anything to fix the atrocity that is her being put in the Undead corner.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,667
    Well, if you excluded the major problems of the franchise (sieges, diplomacy, etc.) I would go for a fight against the power creep.

Make justice for the races that are behind in terms of ... "power" or fun.

Some lack new units, like Bretonnia, GS or BM. And some like the Dwarfs need new gameplay content *grumble about the lack of runic forge*
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 5,992

So...where does Luthor go?
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
    Amonkhet said:

So...where does Luthor go?

Either he is absorbed into the Vampire Counts or he takes on the mantle of Mortarch in Nagash's faction/race.