Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Where are Liu Zhang's officers?

Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,260
Why does he only have Fa Zheng and Zhang Song in Fates Divided DLC? The rest of his forces are a bunch of nobodies. Where are Yan Yan, Zhang Ren, Lei Tong, Hang Quan? They should all be in the 200 AD start.

He should have Zhang Ren, Yan Yan, Lei Tong, Hang Quan and Zhang Song in the 194 start too.

He should have Yan Yan and Hang Quan in the 190 base start.

Why does a premium force which is paid DLC not have its famous officers? It is very jarring.

Please fix this CA.

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,595
    Yan Yan

Ngl that sounds edible.

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    Rewan said:

Yan Yan

Ngl that sounds edible.
    He's a badass veteran general. Bizarre that he isn't in the force.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,043
    I am going to assume it is mostly for balancing reasons to prevent the player from being in debt due to salary costs as having too many generals will eat your early game economy more so than units but this is just my guess, and with some of the games issues I think this just a minor annoyance.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
    Vin362 said:

I am going to assume it is mostly for balancing reasons to prevent the player from being in debt due to salary costs as having too many generals will eat your early game economy more so than units but this is just my guess, and with some of the games issues I think this just a minor annoyance.

If that's the case they can remove the nobodies and put the important characters in.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 867
    Does Liu yan not even have his 3 other sons in 190 ad? If I recall Liu zhang was the youngest after all

He def should have a few more even if the game has to make a few changes to allow for it . That was actually one of Liu zhangs perks . He actually had talented people he just didn’t use them right . Considering many of these people also go on to become big names in Shu
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,613
    Yeah the entire Liu Yan/Zhang roster is a huge mess with many of the both historical and story character missing in favor of imaginary generics which existed neither in history nor the story books. CA should definitely fix this in the future before they release their next DLC, preferably though another patch even if it takes another three months.

• TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 423

Does Liu yan not even have his 3 other sons in 190 ad? If I recall Liu zhang was the youngest after all

Liu Yan's other sons are correctly not with him. They where left in the capital. in the story one of his sons should actually be dead in 190, as I believe he died when they were traveling to the riverlands to take up office. The other two should correctly be with the Han or Dong Zhuo. If you progress a Liu Yan campaign his other sons are very likely to show up in your recruitment pool as they do have faction fondness.

Historically Liu Zhangs remaining two older brothers wanted to resist Li Jue and Guos Si and were killed by them sometime after the whole mess following Dong Zhuo's assassination. So they should all be dead in the 200 start.
    edited May 10
    Vin362 said:

If they are not in your starting court, they should at least show up in your recruitment pool or have a high likelihood to like Liu Yan's other sons. But they should definitely be implemented not having important named characters exist at all in game is not cool.
    I've checked in the database and the game is totally wrong.

Zhang Ren is 13 years old in 200 AD . Huang Quan is 11 at 200 AD, LOL. Other notable errors are Wu Yi at 5 years old at 200 AD, Meng Da at 7 years old at 200 AD,

Yan Yan don't even exist in the game...

Lei Tong and Gao Pei are around the correct age and for some baffling reason don't start in Liu Yan/Zhang's faction. Wu Lan is 16 at the start of 200 AD which is probably wrong and he also doesn't start in Liu Zhang's faction. Deng Zhi is 44 years old in 200 AD which is hilarious, according to Total War 3K he died at 95 years old! He also doesn't start in Liu Zhang's faction. This Deng Zhi is a badass vanguard too with unusually high instinct!

Li Yan is under Liu Biao's domain in 200 AD which is at least correct. I don't know why he's a vanguard though...

Other notable Liu Zhang officers who don't exist are Wu Yi, Leng Bao, Fei Guan

Zhang Ren is 13 years old in 200 AD . Huang Quan is 11 at 200 AD, LOL. Other notable errors are Wu Yi at 5 years old at 200 AD, Meng Da at 7 years old at 200 AD,

Lei Tong and Gao Pei are around the correct age and for some baffling reason don't start in Liu Yan/Zhang's faction. Wu Lan is 16 at the start of 200 AD which is probably wrong and he also doesn't start in Liu Zhang's faction. Deng Zhi is 44 years old in 200 AD which is hilarious, according to Total War 3K he died at 95 years old! He also doesn't start in Liu Zhang's faction. This Deng Zhi is a badass vanguard too with unusually high instinct!

Li Yan is under Liu Biao's domain in 200 AD which is at least correct. I don't know why he's a vanguard though...

Ok the age disparity solves some mysteries, wow what a mess, this should be cleaned up eventually. I was pretty sure Yan Yan sadly doesn't exist right now. Deng Zhi a vanguard...he was mainly a diplomat...not sure what they where thinking...

Interesting that Li Yan is a vanguard, perhaps because he was a logistics officer and red tree has more to do with military supplies... but ya strategist seems more reasonable for him.

It does make you wonder if CA even know Liu zhangs force ? . I though it was bad enough Liu yan had an extended 4 years but some of these seem really wierd . To be fair any without any mention of when they were born they could really go anywhere with it as long as they are in the army when they reach 213 but i find usually they do make people older so they can be in factions earlier

Rewan said:

Yan Yan

Ngl that sounds edible.
    Because it is!
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 806
    Yan Yan deserves a unique treatment

It does make you wonder if CA even know Liu zhangs force ? . I though it was bad enough Liu yan had an extended 4 years but some of these seem really wierd . To be fair any without any mention of when they were born they could really go anywhere with it as long as they are in the army when they reach 213 but i find usually they do make people older so they can be in factions earlier

Seeing as they have Meng Huo and Zhurong as 18 year olds in 190 AD for gameplay purposes, which is complete nonsense narratively speaking, theres no excuse for Liu Zhang not to have his officers, especially in 200 AD.
  • AoishiroAoishiro Registered Users Posts: 143
    There is also Zhang Ni, Liu Ba and Li Hui. IMO if some characters in Liu Zhang's faction are unique, those 3 have good chances even more for Zhang Ni.

This topic probably deserves it's own thread with a full list. CA has actually fixed the age of certain characters before like Lu Zhi so as long as more and more people are aware of CA's mistakes there is a chance they might fix it.

• united84united84 Registered Users Posts: 984
    Meng Da also.

Liu Zhang / Liu Yan is probably one of the worst DLC faction I ever play for TW3K.
    Please give him at least 2 (non-strategist) unique characters. 5 new unique would be great.
  • zakufa782zakufa782 Registered Users Posts: 153
    I'm guessing the next chapter pack after Chibi will finally address this as Liu Bei would either be entering or have entered Hanzhong.
  • Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 394
    Most of the ones you are asking for were also nobodies though.
    Qin_Feng said:

Most of the ones you are asking for were also nobodies though.

Completely wrong.
    edited May 12
    We all have different ideas of who is important and who is a nobody no point in trying to have a debate it will only lead to threads getting locked.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
    Vin362 said:

We all have different ideas of who is important and who is a nobody no point in trying to have a debate it will only lead to threads getting locked.

No we don't. Some people are educated and some aren't. Saying that my suggestions are nobodies is factually incorrect. It's like saying Cao Ren, Zhou Yu, Zhao Yun are nobodies.
    edited May 13
    Vin362 said:

I mean it’s not like we are asking for all these *nobodies* to be made into uniques . We only asking for Liu yan and zhang to get the generics he should start with . A lot of these nobodies went on to serve the kingdom of Shu or wei or did more than some officers

Vin362 said:

I mean it’s not like we are asking for all these *nobodies* to be made into uniques . We only asking for Liu yan and zhang to get the generics he should start with . A lot of these nobodies went on to serve the kingdom of Shu or wei or did more than some officers
    I agree the game should do a better job with generals as factions become more established heck the biggest head scratcher for me is Ji Ling isn't in Yuan Shu's faction in 190 (he wasn't even there as generic).

I just didn't want the thread to devolve into another back and forth that results in the thread getting locked as result.
    Perhaps Liu Zhang's officers were not that much important in the grand scale of things, but since this topic is about scaling out Liu Zhang's faction I think characters like Zhang Ren and Yan Yan who were overall less relevant to the overall story of the three kingdoms would be a lot more relevant here since we are only discussing Liu Zhang's faction.

• Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 394
    edited May 13

Vin362 said:

No we don't. Some people are educated and some aren't. Saying that my suggestions are nobodies is factually incorrect. It's like saying Cao Ren, Zhou Yu, Zhao Yun are nobodies.
    I am pretty sure I know more than you, because I don't even try to equate Cao Ren, Zhou Yu and Zhao Yun to Yan Yan and Zhang Ren. It's insulting to the first figures to be compared to completely irrelevant meme characters like the second. Sure Zhou Yu dealt Cao Cao one of its greatest defeats but Zhang Ren is basically him but in Shu, guys!
    Give me a break. Yan Yan and Zhang Ren's biggest accomplishments were being defeated and getting killed, respectively. There are way better choices.
    Qin_Feng said:

Vin362 said:

I am pretty sure I know more than you, because I don't even try to equate Cao Ren, Zhou Yu and Zhao Yun to Yan Yan and Zhang Ren. It's insulting to the first figures to be compared to completely irrelevant meme characters like the second. Sure Zhou Yu dealt Cao Cao one of its greatest defeats but Zhang Ren is basically him but in Shu, guys!
    Give me a break. Yan Yan and Zhang Ren's biggest accomplishments were being defeated and getting killed, respectively. There are way better choices.
    The point wasnt that they are literally as important as those major characters but they are their equivalent in Liu Zhang's faction, who is a very minor figure in the scale of things. Of course they werent as good as the likes of Zhao Yun, but they were similarly the most distinguished officers of Liu Zhangs faction. This is a fact and is not debatable. The fact they were killed and beaten in battle is irrelevant. The point is they were Liu Zhangs most impressive warriors and officers despit me losing in the end. Under your warped logic, we should remove Ji Ling, Yan Liang, and Wen Chou for being nobodies.

Yan Yan and Zhang Ren are not 'meme' characters. You show how ignorant you are when you call them memes. If you think the likes of 'checks the nobodies in the game' Yuan Ting are more important than the characters I have mentioned then please dont post any more until you have read RoTK. Stop embarrasing yourself.
    Qin_Feng said:

Vin362 said:

Umm yan yan lived on to serve Shu in the novel (at least being noted down as helping huang Zhong in my ding jun) . Zhang Ren killed pang tong in a ambush . I am not gonna equal them to Cao Ren , Zhou Yu and Zhao Yun and such no I mean those 3 had longer careers . Liu bei did take a shine to Zhang Ren as he did offer him a chance to serve him as he saw him as a man who has talent . Had he taken his offer up who knows. Adding the 2 as generics for Liu zhang though I mean it would not even take long . Liu zhang should have a bigger starting force I mean he had good generals (many went on to make a name for themselves in Shu or wei)
    It's quite a no brainer that CA should include Yan Yan and Zhang Ren over the current Shu (Liu Zhang) roster which mostly consists of CA's imaginary characters who existed neither in the records nor the story.

• E_L_2E_L_2 Registered Users Posts: 161
    Qin_Feng said:

Vin362 said:

No one is trying to equate them. But since Liu Zhang is being presented as a new faction to play as, and given that many of his characters + officers interacted or served with Liu Bei, it seems natural that he be given some uniques.