Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Choices for a Nagash Race. How would it/he be represented?

Comments

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 3,942
    Neferata is a vampire count and should be added as one, not Nagash.

*Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,245

Neferata is a vampire count and should be added as one, not Nagash.

She's also the only candidate to represent the Lahmian bloodline so she should obviously stay with the VCounts.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,631
    I love this narrative that Nagash is this persecuted victim and the new Monogod. It's hilarious and comes from absolute nothing.

Regardless I want Nagash to start as his old model then progress to his giant lord of death model at Level 35. Keep in mind his AoS model is literally the height of a Giant. It's a biiiig sonb even discounting the spell stuff. I think starting level 1 as a Giant master spellcaster is a bit lame. Make him do a quest battle or at least level 35.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,354

I love this narrative that Nagash is this persecuted victim and the new Monogod. It's hilarious and comes from absolute nothing.

Regardless I want Nagash to start as his old model then progress to his giant lord of death model at Level 35. Keep in mind his AoS model is literally the height of a Giant. It's a biiiig sonb even discounting the spell stuff. I think starting level 1 as a Giant master spellcaster is a bit lame. Make him do a quest battle or at least level 35.

That is the ONLY way that I will accept having the old model in the game.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 1,030
    I don't get why people want Walach so much. I want all of the major bloodlines to have a legendary lord eventually. But I hope Zacharias the Everliving would be added first.
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 3,942

I think the old model looks like Kel’Thuzad from Warcraft, that means bad.

Maybe Blizzard copied the model from that era’s Nagash.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast!
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

His old model is underrated. Awesome paint job on it, especially for the time.

I think he deserves the narrative of going from weak to strong and his current model can't achieve that. I believe his current model is the most point expensive in all of AoS outside of FW mega models. Even in his old school form he's a top tier fighter.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,760
    edited May 12
    Ok lets actually design a race than just putting every thing together

First main theme of Army

Necromancy but more refined version of it. so much more elite army with limited range options and less support and mortis auras

LL and game play mechanic

In end times he before resuurected powered up by killing and devoring powerful beings like Volkmar, fay , tyrions daughter and Valaya

Nameless campaign focus should be capturing volkmar
    Dieters capturing Tyrion's daughter
    Mallabaudes capturing fay since it was he who captured her in lore with arkahan
    Nagash him self capture of valaya

Lords
    Morghast lord : monstrous support lord why because nagash corrupted them to lead his Armies

skeleton caster : follower of nagash that ended up as undead
    Lore of nagash , vampires, Metal , and death ( why metal to clearly make them different from other 3 undead races, counts have shadows , Tk have light so..)

Heroes
    Black grail paladin
    Liche caster
    cain wrath hero

units

Infantry now the other three dead factions are pretty chaff heavy

Nagashizzar Guard higher armor( 70 to 90 ) and stats than regular skeletons units but MA and MD should be less than tomb guard so they can be in lower price range as main infantry of nagash race. two varients sword and sheild and dual weapons

Mid tier options Cain Wraiths or eatheral units which will be the main focus of the army

two weapon varients dual weapons to function like eatheral death runners and helberd to function like eshin triads

high tier options

Superior Syreen/banshee ( a female ghost ) version something with bigger AoE debuff than syreens

Dismounted black grail knights as elite shield and sword infantry

Ranged infantry Limited

Eatheral peasent bowmen as ap ranged

no Artiellary

flying Monstours infantry and cavalry

Morghast versions with sword and shield, dual weapons, halberd center piece units

Carion Riders with bows

Cavalry ::

Nagashizzar Guard cavalry sowrd and spear Mp cost around 900

Nagashizzar Guard chariots around 1000 points better armour than skelton chariots

Hex wraiths with helberds
    hex wraiths with sword with Bv inffantry

so no general purpose hexwraiths one anti infantry other AL .

elite cav option
    Black grail knights mirror grail knights and gurdians of brets so lance and sword and board verisons

No skrimish cav or honds

Big SEMs and mounts

Dread abysal
    incarnate element of death
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 5,101

I think starting level 1 as a Giant master spellcaster is a bit lame.

TWW3 will be full of giant spellcasters.
    SerPus said:

I think starting level 1 as a Giant master spellcaster is a bit lame.

TWW3 will be full of giant spellcasters.
    None of which are as powerful as Nagash is in lore or on TT. If we use TT points as a guide the strongest GD is less than half the value.

Nagash in his AoS form is an actual, bonified god. I think that needs some build up.
    Hyped for TWW3.

If we use TT points as a guide

Tabletop balance is different from what we get in the game, so why would we do that?

Nagash in his AoS form is an actual, bonified god.

What does AoS have to do with anything?

We're discussing whether or not he should be in his AoS form or his old WHFB form.

AoS points indicate how powerful he is. His power level is relevant to my point.
    Hyped for TWW3.

We're discussing whether or not he should be in his AoS form or his old WHFB form.

Wasn't it "old model vs new model"? Because he also had that new model of his in the End Times, which is closer to TWW than AoS.

His power level is relevant to my point.

His power level at which particular point of the plot?
  • JastalllJastalll Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,285
    I'd see him not being a selectable LL; instead you initially pick one of his closest underlings (Wallach Harkon, Nameless, Helsnicht) and your objective in the early game is to ressurect bonedaddy via a series of small rituals/quest battles. It'd take about 40 turns to get him or so, and he'd spawn at a good level 20, kitted out and already very powerful (and of course using his End Times model).

As for his units, that's trickier. In campaign Nagash being able to subjugate undead factions and gain their LLs/units would be a perfect mechanic for him, but he needs his own forces as well to validate him as a Race Pack and for MP/custom battle. I guess you could scrounge together an army focused around spirits and elite undead, to reflect his mastery of the craft he'd rely less on cheap chaff and more on individually powerful units than Counts and Coast.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 1,985
    ArneSo said:

4 LLs:
    - Nagash
    - The Nameless
    - Dieter Helsnicht
    - Walach Harkon

2 Lords:
    - Dread King
    - Cairn Wraith Lord

3 Heroes:
    - Cairn Wraith Hero
    - Morghast Hero
    - Wight King

New units:
    - Morghast Archai
    - Morghast Harbingers
    - Dread Abyssals
    - Nagashizzar Guard (4 variants)
    - Bone Golems
    - Glooms
    - Ghosts
    - Spirit Hosts
    - Carion Riders
    - Cairn Wraith Unit Champion
    - Embalmed Ones
    - Unquiet Horsemen

The rest can be copy pasted from VC and TK or be simple reskins.

You forgot the necromamcer lord and hero.
    Warhammer Fantasy is less grimdark than 40k.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
    Dogs of War need Ogres and halflings.
    Ingr8 said:

Like this:

As long as the master is correctly presented I will have no.complaints about the rest of the faction

I love 4th edition Warhammer.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?
    @SerPus Those seem a bit nitpicky. My points are understandable enough that I see no need to clarify them.

Ingr8 said:

Like this:

As long as the master is correctly presented I will have no.complaints about the rest of the faction

I love 4th edition Warhammer.
    It's definitely got a certain charm to it. Especially with a paintjob this nice.

I feel it'd be a real shame to ignore it and go straight to god mode Nag.
    Hyped for TWW3.

I think the old model looks like Kel’Thuzad from Warcraft, that means bad.

Maybe Blizzard copied the model from that era’s Nagash.
    Blizzard our arch-rival.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?

Those seem a bit nitpicky. My points are understandable enough that I see no need to clarify them.

It seems to me that you don't understand the difference between ET and AoS versions of Nagash.
    saweendra said:

First main theme of Army

Necromancy but more refined version of it. so much more elite army with limited range options and less support and mortis auras

In end times he before resuurected powered up by killing and devoring powerful beings like Volkmar, fay , tyrions daughter and Valaya

Lords
    Morghast lord : monstrous support lord why because nagash corrupted them to lead his Armies

Lore of nagash , vampires, Metal , and death ( why metal to clearly make them different from other 3 undead races, counts have shadows , Tk have light so..)

Heroes
    Black grail paladin
    Liche caster
    cain wrath hero

units

Nagashizzar Guard higher armor( 70 to 90 ) and stats than regular skeletons units but MA and MD should be less than tomb guard so they can be in lower price range as main infantry of nagash race. two varients sword and sheild and dual weapons

Mid tier options Cain Wraiths or eatheral units which will be the main focus of the army

two weapon varients dual weapons to function like eatheral death runners and helberd to function like eshin triads

high tier options

Superior Syreen/banshee ( a female ghost ) version something with bigger AoE debuff than syreens

Ranged infantry Limited

no Artiellary

Morghast versions with sword and shield, dual weapons, halberd center piece units

Carion Riders with bows

Nagashizzar Guard chariots around 1000 points better armour than skelton chariots

elite cav option
    Black grail knights mirror grail knights and gurdians of brets so lance and sword and board verisons

No skrimish cav or honds

Big SEMs and mounts

Dread abysal

Also Embalmed Ones. I like zombie-mummies.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?

saweendra said:

First main theme of Army

Lords

Heroes
    Black grail paladin
    Liche caster
    cain wrath hero

units

high tier options

Ranged infantry Limited

no Artiellary

Carion Riders with bows

elite cav option

No skrimish cav or honds

Big SEMs and mounts

Dread abysal

Zombie mummies would be cool. Don't care how, but at least some form of mummy would be sweet.
    Hyped for TWW3.

saweendra said:

First main theme of Army

Lords

Heroes
    Black grail paladin
    Liche caster
    cain wrath hero

units

high tier options

Ranged infantry Limited

no Artiellary

Carion Riders with bows

elite cav option

No skrimish cav or honds

Big SEMs and mounts

Dread abysal

depends as high tier units sure but i don't want more chaff heavy undead , all three undead races are pretty chaffy currently
    saweendra said:

saweendra said:

First main theme of Army

Lords

Heroes
    Black grail paladin
    Liche caster
    cain wrath hero

units

high tier options

Ranged infantry Limited

no Artiellary

Carion Riders with bows

elite cav option

No skrimish cav or honds

Big SEMs and mounts

Dread abysal

depends as high tier units sure but i don't want more chaff heavy undead , all three undead races are pretty chaffy currently
    Mummies in 4th edition were basically heavy hitting elite zombies.
    Ogre Kingdoms when CA?

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

First main theme of Army

Lords

Heroes
    Black grail paladin
    Liche caster
    cain wrath hero

units

high tier options

Ranged infantry Limited

no Artiellary

Carion Riders with bows

elite cav option

No skrimish cav or honds

Big SEMs and mounts

Dread abysal

Mummies in 4th edition were basically heavy hitting elite zombies.
    turn them mid tier than, because you want a race that's actually different from existing undead races
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 934
    Either as a LL in a LP or as an Endgame tread for the undead races.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,885
    saweendra said:

First main theme of Army

Lords

Heroes
    Black grail paladin
    Liche caster
    cain wrath hero

units

high tier options

Ranged infantry Limited

no Artiellary

Carion Riders with bows

elite cav option

No skrimish cav or honds

Big SEMs and mounts

Dread abysal

Mallobaude wasn't a Mortarch.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,266
    Nagash will likely be undead Grom. Normal tier 1 units with insane red line skills.

I desperately hope he is not a legendary hero.

My preference would be a full roster.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 749

Nagash will likely be undead Grom. Normal tier 1 units with insane red line skills.

I desperately hope he is not a legendary hero.

My preference would be a full roster.

Agreed. Nagash should be a Legendary Lord at the least.

Personally I like the idea of a combined TK and VC mega roster.
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,929
    If you think about it. Nagash race doesn't really make any sense in the game. Honestly, Legion of Nagash race is really same like try to make 2nd skaven race with Thanquol, Skreech Verminking and random mix of missing Skaven units.

it is not really possible to have confederation between two different races in the game. Just imagine Nagash race will make confederation with Mannfred. His whole red line in skill tree with focus to buff Vampire Counts units will be useless after confederation.

Why not add Constant Drachenfels to Vampire Counts as unique ghost LL with main focus to Vampire Counts ghosts units?
    Why not add Nagash to same race like his right hand and his books? I can imagine it will be more easy to sell Nagash in Tomb Kings lord pack than try to sell mix of Tomb kings and Vampire Count units as "new" race.

Vampire Count and Tomb Kings can still get a few missing interesting undead units in their lord packs in game 3. We don't really new new race to add these units to the game.

If Constant Drachenfels will be legendary lord for Vampire Counts and Nagash will be legendary lord for Tomb Kings. We will don't really need Nagash race at all.

If we will not get Nagash race. Dieter Helsnicht and Walach Harkon will be only loss. But Heinrich Kemmler and Red Duke already have their role in the game.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • John_KimbleJohn_Kimble Registered Users Posts: 1,121
    edited May 12
    To be honest i dont really get this need for Nagash to have his entire own unique roster built from scratch by CA (there's no such thing on the TT). This is far from being the only way he could be added. It would actually be out of the norm for sure, definitely not the standard for him as, besides one single sentence from 20 years ago or something, there was never any fleshing out beyond a couple of properly new and unique units.

He's perfectly fine as a glorified FLC with full access to the entire VC and TK rosters, confed options with multiple undead LL from across 3 different factions, an officer panel tweaked to be tied to his Mortarchs. Cherry on the cake, a couple of kitbashed unique units and RoRs for his personal faction. And something like a mechanic that lets him spawn chaff undead armies on the campaign map if sufficent vampiric corruption is present or in large battle marks.

Access to two entirely unique rosters and multiple combined LLs from across multiple races, would make him one of the most unique starting lords in the entire Total War franchise.
    "Locking" him behind a new independent race, with just a couple of LL's and not the rest that should truly serve him, is not what Nagash is about.

Now, the number 1 issue is that TK's is a DLC faction, so making him an FLC faction with full access to a DLC roster could be tricky. This is the single sole reason why something like a unique DLC Race Pack could make some sense and be necessary for him.