Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I think we already can see how standard lords will look like

BiesBies Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 3,400
Male Gospodar melee lord

Female Ungol range lord

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

Tagged:

Comments

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 4,732
    I would guess she's a hero.
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,708
    My guess is that she's a Hero.

But who knows. She could even be an LL for all we know.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,823
    She could a kind of beast tamer hero.
    And instead of a mount, white not having animal companion that cna change with rank (same as mount, but independant model fighting next to her).
    Start with none, then get a wolf, then a bear...
  • NikolabracNikolabrac Registered Users Posts: 449

My guess is that she's a Hero.

But who knows. She could even be an LL for all we know.

Maybe she is yuri if you catch my drift
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 455
    Isn't Yuri a guy name though ? Or is it for both gender ?
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,542
    arthadaw said:

Isn't Yuri a guy name though ? Or is it for both gender ?

Depends. In Russia, it's masculine. In Japan, it's feminine. In the US, it's both.
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 291
    Loremaster of Sotek refers to her as "a guy".

Either She looks really masculine or she is a he
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    Mazisky said:

Loremaster of Sotek has terrible observation skills, his videos are riddled with bad takes
    Change is on the way...

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,218
    55JoNNo said:

Mazisky said:

Loremaster of Sotek has terrible observation skills, his videos are riddled with bad takes
    That's quite an unfair statement; he makes mistakes as all the youtubers do. I watched a streamer the other day where the guy called Khorne - Khaine the entire video; and Indy Pride can't make up his mind if those are Khorne Warrior or Khorne chosen in the trailer (despite having played the game).

Sotek however really knows his stuff. If Sotek says some aspect of lore - you can guarantee it is true and from a reliable source. (In fact I bet Sotek could even tell you what source; he really has an impressive knowledge of the source material).
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,205
    Mazisky said:

Or... You know... LoS once again forgot to edit his own video..
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,218

Mazisky said:

They had to rush out videos because of the leak... chill out.

People will literally complain about anything....

55JoNNo said:

Mazisky said:

That's quite an unfair statement; he makes mistakes as all the youtubers do. I watched a streamer the other day where the guy called Khorne - Khaine the entire video; and Indy Pride can't make up his mind if those are Khorne Warrior or Khorne chosen in the trailer (despite having played the game).

Sotek however really knows his stuff. If Sotek says some aspect of lore - you can guarantee it is true and from a reliable source. (In fact I bet Sotek could even tell you what source; he really has an impressive knowledge of the source material).
    I've watched enough of his videos to know his style is not for me, personal preference. Maybe my language was a bit strong, but I see no need to put these guys on a pedestal.
    Change is on the way...

• RheingoldRheingold Registered Users Posts: 892
    lol, clearly she is a woman. Her hat hides her hair and she isn't wearing make up. That makes a massive difference.

Mazisky said:

They had to rush out videos because of the leak... chill out.

People will literally complain about anything....
    I mean... I fail to see how that this absolves him of the fact, that he often forgets to edit out bloopers.. I wasn't attacking him.. I was saying that him calling the obvious woman a "guy" was just a human error that he forgot to edit out...
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 730
    edited May 13
    The individual in the second picture wears a similar outfit to the other soldiers gathered by the campfire elsewhere in the trailer (around 00:26-27).

I would hazard a guess that he/she is just the generic infantry model shared by basic Kislevite troops, probably early tier ranged and melee infantry.
  • HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,542
    55JoNNo said:

Mazisky said:

No one is perfect. Hell I've been involved in the Warhammer community for well over 20 years and I still routinely get **** wrong. Doesn't help that in recent years we've finally got some motion in the setting and elements of lore and mechanics change on a dime. Never has that been more true than here in the upcoming TWW3, where we have 2 core factions that weren't even factions, and the Hordes of Chaos being remade from what was 2-3 seperate factions. Calling a she, he, is a very minor mistake in the first, and when he inevitably gets lore wrong again in the wake of the upcoming revisions it'll be important to remember to be courteous to intent. I doubt highly he is seeking to decieve, and nobody likes an "um...actually" attitude.
    55JoNNo said:

55JoNNo said:

Mazisky said:

I've watched enough of his videos to know his style is not for me, personal preference. Maybe my language was a bit strong, but I see no need to put these guys on a pedestal.
    Many of his initial videos were verbatum taken from the Warhammer Wikia.. He has improved a lot since, but it is quite obvious where he get most of his sources from.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,429
    I think the girl is a Ranger Hero. The second generic Lord choice will probably be an Ice Witch.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • ALHDONALHDON EstaliaRegistered Users Posts: 535
    ArneSo said:

I think the girl is a Ranger Hero. The second generic Lord choice will probably be an Ice Witch.

we can assume we will get an ice witch hero variant too
    Warhammer 3 = Pogu Content
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 572
    Clearly female generic Hero - Scout type.

Face looks masculine? Thats Kislev for you. Perfectly normal phenomenon.
    ArneSo said:

This would make the most sense. Lords are often archetypes related to the LL picks. However, as with High Elves, sometimes it takes a DLC or two for that to be true.

Tyrion -> HE Prince
    Teclis -> should be Archmage but was HE Princess
    Change is on the way...

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,429
    ALHDON said:

ArneSo said:

we can assume we will get an ice witch hero variant too
    Yeah very likely.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,261
    Rheingold said:

lol, clearly she is a woman. Her hat hides her hair and she isn't wearing make up. That makes a massive difference.

Her hat doesn’t hide her hair, though. She has long pigtail braids coming out the sides of her hat and looping back around. Now I’m all for gender-nonconformity, do what you want and if you aren’t hurting anybody more power to you, but in the context of the world of Warhammer Fantasy, that is clearly a woman’s hairstyle and she is very plainly a woman.
    ò_ó
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,895

55JoNNo said:

Mazisky said:

Credit's where credit's due, Sotek really do know a lot of lore. But it's just funny at this point how every single one of his predictions falls flat on their ass !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • MaziskyMazisky Registered Users Posts: 291
    To me she looks like a woman but I mentioned Sotek because he may know her\his identity given his early access. Not because gender issues
    Mazisky said:

To me she looks like a woman but I mentioned Sotek because he may know her\his identity given his early access. Not because gender issues

Credit to the Youtubers, I think they take their NDA's pretty seriously and are onboard with the relationship with CA to not reveal anything one way or the other until it is time.
    Change is on the way...

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 10,561
    I still don't really understand why the Ungol is a female. The haircut does look female but then it could just be some sort of ornament of his hat. At some point in the video you can hear his voice and it clearly is the one of a young man.

So if that's a lady then she has a very manly voice.

Neodeinos said:

I still don't really understand why the Ungol is a female. The haircut does look female but then it could just be some sort of ornament of his hat. At some point in the video you can hear his voice and it clearly is the one of a young man.

to be fair in real life there are lots of women with deeper voices
    Change is on the way...

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 10,561
    55JoNNo said:

Neodeinos said:

to be fair in real life there are lots of women with deeper voices
    It's really uncommon though.

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,895
    edited May 13
    Neodeinos said:

The long blond braids are a traditional slavic haircut for women, that alone is more than enough to deduce it.

On the voice subject, she's a ranger living in the wilderness of a frozen wasteland, ever fighting against the horrors of chaos, and her main friend is a bear. Surely, we can understand why some Kislev women might sound deep and rugged.
    Post edited by Maelas on
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy