Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Trial By Fire Trailer - Total War: WARHAMMER III

1234568»

Comments

• NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,776

No, but you'd probably like her to be with how you must comment on almost every female character's appearance.

Again, women can have masculine features, and Slavic women historically have come off as more masculine in general to Westerners anyway due to stereotypes and cultural dissonance. No, the hair isn't Russian but it is something you'd see variations of throughout that part of Europe. As I've stated before, Kislev is more than just Warhammer Slavs. It's also Warhammer Hungary, Siberia, Cossacks, and Baltics.

This game is the first true chance on a fully realized Kislev as a unique faction after *decades* of being on the sidelines. I will not have that opportunity ruined in the name of titillation for it's own sake.

Not really, but I would like her to have a long braid and rowanberries woven into it, with the crown being a part of her hair. Her design is a little too mundane for my taste. I comment only on abnormalities and miniature/lore deviations. It's a matter of principle.

Yes, yes they can, but let's leave that to men in video games. As noted, cultural, and not physical. Wherever that braid is from matters little, it's not from Poland, that's what I wanted to say.

As if I have that kind of influence over GW and CA. We know where their sensibilities lie and there is no doubt in my mind that we will get the safest options possible. With that being said, a little bit of this and a little bit of that would in no way lessen the chances of Kislev to become fully realised.

Itharus said:

Nyxilis said:

You know what this thread teaches me the most, I really like the agree and disagree buttons because you can now see the volumes that certain key ideas get buried while those posters try to pretend they are still relevant.

The buttons are pretty useless actually, and a poor reporting tool. Remember people have to GAF to actually press them, and people are far quicker to voice negativity than positivity, and even less likely to support a thing without anonymity (cowards), so the ratios are highly dubious.

Truth be told if it's not going to receive equal treatment, I'd rather the buttons be removed entirely.
    This would be the best. But I must admit, dislikes do put a smile on my face. For example, today I have learned that four people know better what I think:

No, it's not. Katarin's design is in line with her lore and character art; she's not Miss Klaus or Снегурочка, she's Hans Christian Andersen's Snow Queen with an actual royal prerogative whose gotten her hands dirty. Trying to make the design of certain characters more "aesthetically pleasing" isn't always needed or an improvement.

Per the Moderator's decision, maybe stop commenting on a specific type of character whenever they appear, especially when no one's asking for it.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 5,542
    Lol 2 Araby fans disagreed with this trailer.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Zanemiller147Zanemiller147 Registered Users Posts: 37
    Yay, so excited for game 3.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,502

No, but you'd probably like her to be with how you must comment on almost every female character's appearance.

Again, women can have masculine features, and Slavic women historically have come off as more masculine in general to Westerners anyway due to stereotypes and cultural dissonance. No, the hair isn't Russian but it is something you'd see variations of throughout that part of Europe. As I've stated before, Kislev is more than just Warhammer Slavs. It's also Warhammer Hungary, Siberia, Cossacks, and Baltics.

This game is the first true chance on a fully realized Kislev as a unique faction after *decades* of being on the sidelines. I will not have that opportunity ruined in the name of titillation for it's own sake.

Not really, but I would like her to have a long braid and rowanberries woven into it, with the crown being a part of her hair. Her design is a little too mundane for my taste. I comment only on abnormalities and miniature/lore deviations. It's a matter of principle.

Yes, yes they can, but let's leave that to men in video games. As noted, cultural, and not physical. Wherever that braid is from matters little, it's not from Poland, that's what I wanted to say.

As if I have that kind of influence over GW and CA. We know where their sensibilities lie and there is no doubt in my mind that we will get the safest options possible. With that being said, a little bit of this and a little bit of that would in no way lessen the chances of Kislev to become fully realised.

Itharus said:

Nyxilis said:

You know what this thread teaches me the most, I really like the agree and disagree buttons because you can now see the volumes that certain key ideas get buried while those posters try to pretend they are still relevant.

The buttons are pretty useless actually, and a poor reporting tool. Remember people have to GAF to actually press them, and people are far quicker to voice negativity than positivity, and even less likely to support a thing without anonymity (cowards), so the ratios are highly dubious.

Truth be told if it's not going to receive equal treatment, I'd rather the buttons be removed entirely.
    This would be the best. But I must admit, dislikes do put a smile on my face. For example, today I have learned that four people know better what I think:

If it makes you feel any better, since I made a certain thread a while back I get 2 disagrees on 95% of posts I make, and I think the only reason it's not 100% is that my fan club got lazy :-P
  • BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 639
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 7,376
    Itharus said:

Nyxilis said:

Yeah, except it's not a reporting tool. Not one bit. The flag option over to the side is and that's when someone crosses the line of actually breaking a rule that you can report.

If someone is riding the line or simply spouting an opinion that is obviously rancor but not rule breaking we can in fact show our collective dislike. And you might notice that people are often getting more likes or dislikes than replies in threads.

It was always that way, a large group who hover and do not really post much but very obviously do have opinions. I for one, am quite fine with it.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 5,183

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

But what's the preorder? :cry:

Chaos Dwarfs, probably.
    >.<

That's just mean spirited, man.
    Just my opinion.

If I had to place a $100 bet on who will be the preorder, I would bet Chaos Dwarfs. And in a sense I suppose I have placed that bet as I have pre-ordered on the assumption it will be Chaos Dwarfs (not that I will cancel my preorder if it isn't, I'm too much of a fan of the WH content in general for that).

Could easily be wrong, but to my eyes they seem to be the most likely choice for a few reasons.
    What reasons exactly
  • DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 1,303
    Nyxilis said:

Itharus said:

Nyxilis said:

Yeah, except it's not a reporting tool. Not one bit. The flag option over to the side is and that's when someone crosses the line of actually breaking a rule that you can report.

If someone is riding the line or simply spouting an opinion that is obviously rancor but not rule breaking we can in fact show our collective dislike. And you might notice that people are often getting more likes or dislikes than replies in threads.

It was always that way, a large group who hover and do not really post much but very obviously do have opinions. I for one, am quite fine with it.
    More likely it is the people who comment their disagreement who are also happy to use the "disagree" under the veil of anonymity. 100% guaranteed that if Agree is made anonymous too, the number of agrees will shoot up. If disagree is made visible, the number of disagree will go down. Basic social psychology, all you need to know about how anonymity affects behaviour online is a quick visit to 4chan.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,459
    Second and last reminder folks. This is an announcement thread. Discuss the thread topic. Don't digress into posts with your personal opinions of other people's opinion on specific items of game play. Warnings and Infractions will be issued as required under the Forum Terms & Conditions.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 558

I'm not wanting to sound rude, but quit making such a big deal out of it.

CA will reveal stuff in time. Learn to be a little patient.

Thank you for your thoughtfully advise but i dont think i ever take this or any kind of forum seriously,

The disagree above its mine btw.
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,440
    Khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, only that it does.

• Iron_CrownIron_Crown Registered Users Posts: 1,600
    When I read "gameplay reveal" I kinda expected a longer video telling us about actual gameplay. Wonder if that's still coming or it's just the trailer?

The trailer is cool but I don't see how it tells me anything useful - how the game will actually differ from previous games. The graphics in the game never look as great as in the trailers anyway even though they claim "using in-game engine". May be true but it only looks so good when you spend a few hours recording battle sequences from just the right angles and distances, because the game still lacks a cinematic replay feature where it would automatically move the camera to show a dramatic and exciting battle replay without the player having to manually move the camera around. Note that Age of Wonders: Planetfall has exactly this feature which makes its replays more interesting to watch even though TW has much more potential for great battle replays.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 8,281

When I read "gameplay reveal" I kinda expected a longer video telling us about actual gameplay. Wonder if that's still coming or it's just the trailer?

The trailer is cool but I don't see how it tells me anything useful - how the game will actually differ from previous games. The graphics in the game never look as great as in the trailers anyway even though they claim "using in-game engine". May be true but it only looks so good when you spend a few hours recording battle sequences from just the right angles and distances, because the game still lacks a cinematic replay feature where it would automatically move the camera to show a dramatic and exciting battle replay without the player having to manually move the camera around. Note that Age of Wonders: Planetfall has exactly this feature which makes its replays more interesting to watch even though TW has much more potential for great battle replays.

That's today at 5PM BST, we will be seeing the "survival mode" gameplay that was leaked last week.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,057
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 3,909
    I like that this trailer revealed Khorne by having them fighting against Kislev. I'm wondering if the other gods will get the same.

Cathay Vs. Nurgle seems like a likely thing.

But who would they have Tzeentch and Slaanesh against? Older armies? Each other?
  • ValzaanValzaan Registered Users Posts: 76
    I personally think Cathay vs Tzeentch
    All that is gold does not glitter - Bilbo Baggins
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Forlì, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 3,057
    Valzaan said:

I personally think Cathay vs Tzeentch

Ogres vs Slaanesh?
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,295
    edited May 2021

Itharus said:

Nyxilis said:

No, it's not. Katarin's design is in line with her lore and character art; she's not Miss Klaus or Снегурочка, she's Hans Christian Andersen's Snow Queen with an actual royal prerogative whose gotten her hands dirty. Trying to make the design of certain characters more "aesthetically pleasing" isn't always needed or an improvement.

Per the Moderator's decision, maybe stop commenting on a specific type of character whenever they appear, especially when no one's asking for it.
    It isn't? Well, then more than four people know better what I think. Her design could have been executed in many different ways and still stay true to her lore and character art. I would have preferred a more fantastic look.

I haven't seen the Moderator's comment before I posted. As for the rest, thank you for the suggestion, but I'm not interested.
    Itharus said:

If it makes you feel any better, since I made a certain thread a while back I get 2 disagrees on 95% of posts I make, and I think the only reason it's not 100% is that my fan club got lazy :-P

I sense rivalry, for I too have fans! Or more like a fan. Hm. Envy I feel.

As for the thread's thread: CA, enlarge the horses.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 20,607

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Chaos Dwarfs, probably.
    >.<

Just my opinion.

If I had to place a $100 bet on who will be the preorder, I would bet Chaos Dwarfs. And in a sense I suppose I have placed that bet as I have pre-ordered on the assumption it will be Chaos Dwarfs (not that I will cancel my preorder if it isn't, I'm too much of a fan of the WH content in general for that).

Could easily be wrong, but to my eyes they seem to be the most likely choice for a few reasons.
    -Too much work for a pre order
    -A very popular race that CA could easily make 14.99 out of rather than giving it away
    -The leak which has been mostly correct apart from an expansive approach lists them as a campaign pack

CDs and OKs are almost certainly not going to be a pretender order.

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Chaos Dwarfs, probably.
    >.<

Just my opinion.

-A very popular race that CA could easily make 14.99 out of rather than giving it away
    -The leak which has been mostly correct apart from an expansive approach lists them as a campaign pack

Interesting, I wasn't aware they were listed as a campaign pack in the old leak. That changes things.

Has that leak been 100% correct so far, out of curiosity?

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Chaos Dwarfs, probably.
    >.<

Just my opinion.

Interesting, I wasn't aware they were listed as a campaign pack in the old leak. That changes things.

No, the leak changed with the scope of the game, more like 80-90 accurate.

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Chaos Dwarfs, probably.
    >.<

Just my opinion.

What was it wrong about? Did any factions go from being DLC to core or vice versa?
  • EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,925

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Chaos Dwarfs, probably.
    >.<

Just my opinion.

What was it wrong about? Did any factions go from being DLC to core or vice versa?
    Skaven were listed as DLC, rather than base game, and game 3 didn't include Kislev or Cathay and was just monogods.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Chaos Dwarfs, probably.
    >.<

Just my opinion.

-Skaven went to core and VPirates were added.
    -Both Cathay and Kislev were added to the core line up but the monos, CDs and OKs have stayed consistent so far.

The pattern of the changes is represented by the scope increase of the trilogy.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,435

saweendra said:

The woman is a Kislev Ranger (who I'm guessing will be a ranged hero).

Love the Elemental Bear and Snow Leopard/Tiger too. A very mystical element to Kislev from the Ancient Widow. Wonder if Mist Warriors could appear later too.

But Kislev Rangers are women of culture who fear no cold and brave it with no mortal care!
    saweendra said:

Amazing, khorne in the end was awesome

Who is it?
    Is it a boy or a girl? It's just a terrible design. Dislike

It's called Tomboy, you should learn how to appreciate, also sh is wearing a hat, We cannot se her hair
    TBF until i heard voice i thought it was a guy as well
    In my case, the voice brought only more confusion.

sounded like women with dry throat or trying to sound masculine
    That's a very odd mixture.

Love the Elemental Bear and Snow Leopard/Tiger too. A very mystical element to Kislev from the Ancient Widow. Wonder if Mist Warriors could appear later too.

But Kislev Rangers are women of culture who fear no cold and brave it with no mortal care!
    saweendra said:

Who is it?

It's called Tomboy, you should learn how to appreciate, also sh is wearing a hat, We cannot se her hair

That's how you get frostbite on your entire torso.

Butch women exist. Masculine women exist. Living in the tundra for years doesn't do well for a manicure.
    Worry not, the power of the fantasy genre will keep her hot.

Must you remind me... Excuses, laziness doesn't do well for a manicure.

Not impressed. It actually reminds me of the High Elf trailer for WH II, where all the other factions looked awesome BUT the High Elves...

I hope it's not meant to be a "KISLEV" Trailer, becuase it doesn't feel like it. It feels like Half-Kislev, Half-Khorne, rather than "Kislev or Khorne".

Katarin has basically a cameo (compare it to the Game 1 and Game 2 trailers, the closest there would be the Skaven trailer, and that was just frantic)... we still don't know if BORIS LIVES!? *stomp stomp*

It feels like neither flesh nor fowl... If it was an appetizer trailer? Sure, great. If it was the Kislev trailer? Too much Chaos. Too much "guy falling to chaos". Not enough "KISLEV!".

The Entire Warhammer 3 trailer being a Kislev trailer wasn't enough for you?
    No. Becuase it wasn't an INGAME Trailer. Otherwise One could argue "WEll, it was completely fair that the High Elves got shafted by Game 2 trailers because they opened the Game 2 Cinematic trailer!"

Not impressed. It actually reminds me of the High Elf trailer for WH II, where all the other factions looked awesome BUT the High Elves...

I hope it's not meant to be a "KISLEV" Trailer, becuase it doesn't feel like it. It feels like Half-Kislev, Half-Khorne, rather than "Kislev or Khorne".

Katarin has basically a cameo (compare it to the Game 1 and Game 2 trailers, the closest there would be the Skaven trailer, and that was just frantic)... we still don't know if BORIS LIVES!? *stomp stomp*

It feels like neither flesh nor fowl... If it was an appetizer trailer? Sure, great. If it was the Kislev trailer? Too much Chaos. Too much "guy falling to chaos". Not enough "KISLEV!".

Agreed - High Elves got the limelight in the game 2 trailer as well. Kislev as the primary protagonist faction have got the same treatment.
    Yes, and in the other trailers, they got shafted and killed and maimed... not that i mind seeing elves have that coming to them, but they still deserveda proper trailer, rather than that 3d gimmick thing where they again got their arses kicked.
    Races don't get "shafted" by being under-represented in a trailer. That's dumb, dude. It doesn't impact their content at all. It's just a trailer; it's meant to be a teaser, not an exhaustive look at the roster. CA isn't employed to grant your every wish. The fact that you're complaining, in mid-2021, about a trailer for the HE that dropped before the release of TWWII is ridiculous, frankly. It's petulant. The HE now have six legendary lords and more may be possible in TWW3's lifetime. How does their pre-release trailer matter? It's not relevant.
    Considering that they have received the short end of the stick in both LPs they have appeared, well, maybe there is something to it after all!
    Kislevite women should appear as they already do in the lore; modest, hard as nails, tenacious, and smart enough to not dress like she's somewhere in Lustria. Please avoid undressing ladies used to hardship and the cold.
    This is an official Kislev Ranger miniature from Mordheim, and I like it. Hardship and cold make bodies bold.

JungleElf said:

SiWI said:

JungleElf said:

Anyway, you guys are sure the scout is a woman? I thought it was a man, myself.

look at the hair (or my comment about it)
    The facial structure and the shout could be interpreted otherwise, as well.
    The facial structure reads as "Eastern European" to me and it's likely the accent threw you off.
    Eastern European male, maybe, yes.

SiWI said:

Hardship and cold makes you realize that exposed flesh in subzero temperatures is moronic. The model just plays on titillating the youths and shouldn't be the standard for a more mature game.

The ranger is a woman. News articles on the trailer confirmed it and the hairstyle is very much traditional for women in places like Poland and Lithuania. You can be a woman and have a deeper voice and firm features.
    Unless you live in a fantasy world and it somehow works. This game is anything but 'more mature'. It very much should be the universal standard.

Oh, I know, but good that there's a confirmation. No, women in Poland don't wear their braids like that. As for Lithuania, I'm not sure, but personally, I have never seen this particular style. Yes, many unfortunate things can happen in life, but me, well, I at least I wouldn't use a trumpetless elephant to promote Araby.

If the Tzarina, Ice Witches, and Ice Guard dress up for the cold they can manipulate and canonically not feel, it probably stands to reason that their more mundane sisters do so as well. Come on now.

Yes, that hairstyle is *traditional* to that part of the world. Obviously, it's not en vogue anymore, but tying up and braiding one's hair was the norm for women in general for most of history. Nevertheless, this isn't an anthropology forum.
    Tzarina boasts quite a deep cleavage, even if meanly obscured by jewelry. That being said, Rangers are no fancy folk and any made up reason would be good enough. The miniature exists, how we explain it is up to us. Maybe it's a special breathing technique, or a natural affinity for the land's magic. I don't know, but I appreciate the form.

Yes, braids are a traditional hairstyle to that part of the world, but they come in different shapes and sizes. That particular way of wearing them is not something one would find common in Poland (and probably Lithuania) though.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Who is it?

saweendra said:

Who is it?

Butch women exist. Masculine women exist. Living in the tundra for years doesn't do well for a manicure.

No. Becuase it wasn't an INGAME Trailer. Otherwise One could argue "WEll, it was completely fair that the High Elves got shafted by Game 2 trailers because they opened the Game 2 Cinematic trailer!"

Agreed - High Elves got the limelight in the game 2 trailer as well. Kislev as the primary protagonist faction have got the same treatment.
    Yes, and in the other trailers, they got shafted and killed and maimed... not that i mind seeing elves have that coming to them, but they still deserveda proper trailer, rather than that 3d gimmick thing where they again got their arses kicked.
    Races don't get "shafted" by being under-represented in a trailer. That's dumb, dude. It doesn't impact their content at all. It's just a trailer; it's meant to be a teaser, not an exhaustive look at the roster. CA isn't employed to grant your every wish. The fact that you're complaining, in mid-2021, about a trailer for the HE that dropped before the release of TWWII is ridiculous, frankly. It's petulant. The HE now have six legendary lords and more may be possible in TWW3's lifetime. How does their pre-release trailer matter? It's not relevant.
    Considering that they have received the short end of the stick in both LPs they have appeared, well, maybe there is something to it after all!
    Kislevite women should appear as they already do in the lore; modest, hard as nails, tenacious, and smart enough to not dress like she's somewhere in Lustria. Please avoid undressing ladies used to hardship and the cold.
    This is an official Kislev Ranger miniature from Mordheim, and I like it. Hardship and cold make bodies bold.

JungleElf said:

SiWI said:

JungleElf said:

The facial structure reads as "Eastern European" to me and it's likely the accent threw you off.

SiWI said:

Hardship and cold makes you realize that exposed flesh in subzero temperatures is moronic. The model just plays on titillating the youths and shouldn't be the standard for a more mature game.

The ranger is a woman. News articles on the trailer confirmed it and the hairstyle is very much traditional for women in places like Poland and Lithuania. You can be a woman and have a deeper voice and firm features.
    Unless you live in a fantasy world and it somehow works. This game is anything but 'more mature'. It very much should be the universal standard.

Oh, I know, but good that there's a confirmation. No, women in Poland don't wear their braids like that. As for Lithuania, I'm not sure, but personally, I have never seen this particular style. Yes, many unfortunate things can happen in life, but me, well, I at least I wouldn't use a trumpetless elephant to promote Araby.

If the Tzarina, Ice Witches, and Ice Guard dress up for the cold they can manipulate and canonically not feel, it probably stands to reason that their more mundane sisters do so as well. Come on now.

Yes, that hairstyle is *traditional* to that part of the world. Obviously, it's not en vogue anymore, but tying up and braiding one's hair was the norm for women in general for most of history. Nevertheless, this isn't an anthropology forum.

Yeah, particularly given the Mordheim model is for a setting in Ostermark, I.e. considerably further south. That model is probably not wearing a lot because it’s significantly warmer than she’s used to so she’s stripped down.

Up in the far north of Kislev where the trailer is set it’s going to be lethally cold so everyone is going to be wearing *all of the layers*...
    Not really.

More Mordheim miniatures. Some of them wear warm clothing and some walk half naked.
    This isn't a cheap "Yes my LORD" browser game where you have scantly clad women posing for clicks. This is Warhammer. There is not debate here. Katarin looks more more regal, severe, and strong than sultry, as she should no matter how much skin she may show.

The scout is a woman, and to this Russian-American who still has photos, newspapers, and letters from before the Revolution, everything about her from her features, hair, and outfit matches into the source material. Don't make this game into something that it isn't for base titillation over quality worldbuilding.
    Exactly, this is Warhammer. And this is Warhammer miniature. I have never said that Katarin looks sultry.

I wholeheartedly agree that this scout's facial features and attire fit very well a not-Russian character. It's just that those are masculine features. I must disagree about the hair, because the Russian braid is single and long, and when there are two then they aren't curled up. I'm afraid that it is not me who wants to corrupt the setting, and I think that 'quality worldbuilding' is an euphemism for sanitisation.

I really don't care about this model but I can tell you that is totally untrue

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • NemoTheElf101NemoTheElf101 Registered Users Posts: 2,776
    edited May 2021

Itharus said:

Nyxilis said:

It isn't? Well, then more than four people know better what I think. Her design could have been executed in many different ways and still stay true to her lore and character art. I would have preferred a more fantastic look.

I haven't seen the Moderator's comment before I posted. As for the rest, thank you for the suggestion, but I'm not interested.

It's not a suggestion.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Who is it?

saweendra said:

Who is it?

JungleElf said:

SiWI said:

JungleElf said:

SiWI said:

Tzarina boasts quite a deep cleavage, even if meanly obscured by jewelry. That being said, Rangers are no fancy folk and any made up reason would be good enough. The miniature exists, how we explain it is up to us. Maybe it's a special breathing technique, or a natural affinity for the land's magic. I don't know, but I appreciate the form.

Yes, braids are a traditional hairstyle to that part of the world, but they come in different shapes and sizes. That particular way of wearing them is not something one would find common in Poland (and probably Lithuania) though.

saweendra said:

saweendra said:

Who is it?

saweendra said:

Who is it?

JungleElf said:

SiWI said:

JungleElf said:

SiWI said:

Yeah, particularly given the Mordheim model is for a setting in Ostermark, I.e. considerably further south. That model is probably not wearing a lot because it’s significantly warmer than she’s used to so she’s stripped down.

Up in the far north of Kislev where the trailer is set it’s going to be lethally cold so everyone is going to be wearing *all of the layers*...
    Not really.

More Mordheim miniatures. Some of them wear warm clothing and some walk half naked.
    This isn't a cheap "Yes my LORD" browser game where you have scantly clad women posing for clicks. This is Warhammer. There is not debate here. Katarin looks more more regal, severe, and strong than sultry, as she should no matter how much skin she may show.

The scout is a woman, and to this Russian-American who still has photos, newspapers, and letters from before the Revolution, everything about her from her features, hair, and outfit matches into the source material. Don't make this game into something that it isn't for base titillation over quality worldbuilding.
    Exactly, this is Warhammer. And this is Warhammer miniature. I have never said that Katarin looks sultry.

I wholeheartedly agree that this scout's facial features and attire fit very well a not-Russian character. It's just that those are masculine features. I must disagree about the hair, because the Russian braid is single and long, and when there are two then they aren't curled up. I'm afraid that it is not me who wants to corrupt the setting, and I think that 'quality worldbuilding' is an euphemism for sanitisation.

I really don't care about this model but I can tell you that is totally untrue
    Edit: I'm not going to fan this flame anymore. All I'll say is that certain stereotypes exist, they've existed for awhile, and they still feed into how we see things.
    Post edited by NemoTheElf101 on
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,723
    That Kislevite scout girl has me the most excited. Will we be able to have a pet bear with certain hero options? The only other unit similar to that would be Skarsnik and Gobbla.
  • rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
    The Kislev units that do not appear in the gameplay will appear at the launch of the game? I ask this because I liked the Kreml Guard and Kislev's war wagons when I saw them in some TW Medieval 2 mod.
  • Piok1982Piok1982 Registered Users Posts: 44
    Is this young lad with bear younger version of this kislevite/chaos leader ?
    Cos I don't think he is a girl :D
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,184
    This was the best launch stream so far.