Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who is that? Khorne Hero character?

2»

Comments

• CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 5,808
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

We aren't getting any Age of Sigmar content. The gameplay trailer made that perfectly clear, with the total abscence of any AoS Khorne units (that weren't already present in Fantasy).

So Khorne will only get 2 Heroes? Yeah won’t happen.
    Khorne can get plenty of heroes... They just won't be the Age of Sigmar ones. There are Exalted Heroes, Aspiring Heroes, Heralrds of Khorne, Exalted Daemons of Khorne, and a multitude of other unit champions which can easily be upgraded to hero status. They just won't be Age of Sigmar material. Simle as that.
    Yeah but all of them are the same. What Khorne needs is a Rune Smith or Sigmar Priest type of Hero.
    Aint gonna get Age of Sigmar content. CA said it, and the trailer all but confirmed it.
    Haha so only 2 heroes for Khorne? Yeah won’t happen.
    Again, as I pointed out, there are multiple options for heroes for Khorne. Just won't be Age of Sigmar material...
    They can always just invent a new Hero.
    I mean, yeah, sure. They just won't look like the Age of Sigmar stuff.. I am sure they could get some "Blood Priest" or other invented title and add their own spin to it, which would functionally be a Slaughterpriest.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 24,731

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

We aren't getting any Age of Sigmar content. The gameplay trailer made that perfectly clear, with the total abscence of any AoS Khorne units (that weren't already present in Fantasy).

Khorne can get plenty of heroes... They just won't be the Age of Sigmar ones. There are Exalted Heroes, Aspiring Heroes, Heralrds of Khorne, Exalted Daemons of Khorne, and a multitude of other unit champions which can easily be upgraded to hero status. They just won't be Age of Sigmar material. Simle as that.
    Yeah but all of them are the same. What Khorne needs is a Rune Smith or Sigmar Priest type of Hero.
    Aint gonna get Age of Sigmar content. CA said it, and the trailer all but confirmed it.
    Again, as I pointed out, there are multiple options for heroes for Khorne. Just won't be Age of Sigmar material...
    The Bloodfather.

"Each community, whether it is a small village or mighty city, contains at least one shrine dedicated to the Chaos gods [7c], [17d]. Most such sites tend to be caves burrowed into the side of a mountain or hill, but others are free-standing structures. Such sites can be identified from the presence of dark altars, bonfires, mounds of skulls and sacrifices of plunder. Strange runes mark the entryways, forbidding passage to all except full-blooded warriors [7c]. Despite this, even the most fearsome Norse warrior is wary of entering a temple without cause, for the Dark gods are cruel and capricious deities. Maintaining the site is a Seer or Vitki, who either lives in the shrine itself or in a nearby hovel. Shrines dedicated to Khorne are instead tended to by the Bloodfathers [13], [17d]. "

From the Liber Chaotica I think. Basically a Khorne Shaman.
    This would be Perfect. So the Bloodfather would be a Priest type of Hero I assume?
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,113
    ArneSo said:

55JoNNo said:

ArneSo said:

Ludbone said:

ArneSo said:

Following the WH2 Core Races trend. . .

• 2 generic lords (Bloodthirster + someone else, probably Khorne Lord)

• 3 generic heroes
    Exactly.

Considering that Khorne doesn’t have magic, he needs some sort of buffing hero. Either a Priest or a smith type hero.
    yeah some sort of hype man who just keeps chanting skulls for the skull throne sending nearby troops into an enhanced version of frenzy
    We need this hype boy.

I really need to finish painting my existing models and then I would be very tempted to go for a Khorne Army. The AoS models are actually quite awesome for them.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

The Bloodfather.

"Each community, whether it is a small village or mighty city, contains at least one shrine dedicated to the Chaos gods [7c], [17d]. Most such sites tend to be caves burrowed into the side of a mountain or hill, but others are free-standing structures. Such sites can be identified from the presence of dark altars, bonfires, mounds of skulls and sacrifices of plunder. Strange runes mark the entryways, forbidding passage to all except full-blooded warriors [7c]. Despite this, even the most fearsome Norse warrior is wary of entering a temple without cause, for the Dark gods are cruel and capricious deities. Maintaining the site is a Seer or Vitki, who either lives in the shrine itself or in a nearby hovel. Shrines dedicated to Khorne are instead tended to by the Bloodfathers [13], [17d]. "

This would be Perfect. So the Bloodfather would be a Priest type of Hero I assume?
    yeah. Or alternatively it could be an Arch-Lector type Lord and a "lesser Bloodfather", maybe the afore mentioned "Blood Priest" as hero.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,836
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

The point of a race not having magic is not simply giving them some other kind of magic.
    Pocman said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

The point of a race not having magic is not simply giving them some other kind of magic.
    even Dwarves have runic magic via runepriests though

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687
    55JoNNo said:

Pocman said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

even Dwarves have runic magic via runepriests though
    Which however needs a major rework.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

The Bloodfather.

yeah. Or alternatively it could be an Arch-Lector type Lord and a "lesser Bloodfather", maybe the afore mentioned "Blood Priest" as hero.
    That would really be great.
    Pocman said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

Guess Dwarfs don’t exist then?
    Since the person that just disagreed with my post of Runemagic needing a rework apparently doesn't want to explain why not...

Yes: Rune magic needs a major rework. The runes are unimpressive, the Rune of Wrath and Ruin a Joke and the Anvil of Doom has no Doom at all. Runecrafting is missing completely and the Runes at best are glorified banners...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Since the person that just disagreed with my post of Runemagic needing a rework apparently doesn't want to explain why not...

Yes: Rune magic needs a major rework. The runes are unimpressive, the Rune of Wrath and Ruin a Joke and the Anvil of Doom has no Doom at all. Runecrafting is missing completely and the Runes at best are glorified banners...

Yes agreed it needs a major rework (hopefully in next WH2 DLC) - nothing to exclude Khorne from getting a sort of 'War Leader' who buffs troops with the favor of Khorne / yelling / etc

• KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 466
    edited May 13

I'm so sad that we're not getting Skarbrand, Valkya, a Nurgle army, and a Blood dlc because they were not shown in this trailer :'(

I'm not saying we're going to get AOS stuff but saying we're not is just as stupid as saying we are.
    Krabbz said:

I'm so sad that we're not getting Skarbrand, Valkya, a Nurgle army, and a Blood dlc because they were not shown in this trailer :'(

I'm not saying we're going to get AOS stuff but saying we're not is just as stupid as saying we are.
    Nice attempt at strawmanning. Not what I was saying though... Nice try. I'll give you.. 2/5 for effort at least.
  • KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 466
    edited May 13

Krabbz said:

Nice attempt at strawmanning. Not what I was saying though... Nice try. I'll give you.. 2/5 for effort at least.
    You clearly wrote: "We aren't getting any Age of Sigmar content."

So keep your salt for yourself ;)

Peace.
    Krabbz said:

Krabbz said:

You clearly wrote: "We aren't getting any Age of Sigmar content."

So keep your salt for yourself ;)

Peace.
    Valkia, Nurgle armies and Skarbrand are not Age of Sigmar content, but once again nice try kiddo... Better put on your big boy pants for next attempt though.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 2,715

Yes and no.

We will not be getting anything that was created completely within AoS such as the Deepkin or Stormcast Eternals, but anything that is already present lorewise in the old world and does not have its origin in AoS lis fair game.

If it is only a VISUAL new thing in AoS, but has already existed in the old world and is described that way in the lore? Sure.

The visuals of Slaanesh followers for example is likely to appear, because they have already been described that way before Age of Sigmar, yet never gotten a tabletop representation like that.

Yes and no.

We will not be getting anything that was created completely within AoS such as the Deepkin or Stormcast Eternals, but anything that is already present lorewise in the old world and does not have its origin in AoS lis fair game.

If it is only a VISUAL new thing in AoS, but has already existed in the old world and is described that way in the lore? Sure.

The visuals of Slaanesh followers for example is likely to appear, because they have already been described that way before Age of Sigmar, yet never gotten a tabletop representation like that.
    Obviously we are getting content that was present in Fantasy... Because that is literally Fantasy content.. AoS content is the stuff that only exist in AoS or was created for that setting. For example N'kari is completely fine, while Shalaxi Helbane is never gonna show up in a million years. No AoS content means, no content created in AoS.
  • Rasmus242Rasmus242 Registered Users Posts: 587
    Everyone keeps linking that slaughterpriest model and looking at the marks on his head but I don't think it's close. Notice the big horn thing which is a big part of the design.

• DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,991
    The marks on the guy's head look more like the Avatar turned to Khorne to defeat the Fore Nation.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,013
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    edited May 13
    ....wait, people think those are scars?

It's just the mark of chaos, the eight-pointed star, painted on his head, centered around the top of his head. Just that only one of its points is easily visible.

Or at least, that's what the arrow design implies to me.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT