Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Dragon Emperor

Kyler_883Kyler_883 Registered Users Posts: 231
I really hope that the Dragon Emperor of Cathay is an actual dragon instead of a human and Cathay is ruled by an Asian dragon nobility class as the head of their Empire I think that would be really cool.

Comments

• Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 731
    Kyler_883 said:

I really hope that the Dragon Emperor of Cathay is an actual dragon instead of a human and Cathay is ruled by an Asian dragon nobility class as the head of their Empire I think that would be really cool.

I've heard speculation that the Dragon Emperor could assume a human form (which may or may not be in the game), but personally I'd want him in dragon form all the time.

Also I'm hoping he's an eastern style serpentine dragon.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,775
    IMO my preferred way to do it would be that the Dragon Emperor is a human who can assume Dragon Form(or a Dragon who can assume human form?!?!?!?) and in battles it functions a bit like Malus where you start off with a regular old human lord and then can transform into a glorious Celestial Dragon(presumably minus the **** degredation).
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    I would want his human form only in narrative and diplomacy screen, but always as dragon otherwise.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 5,607
    Why worry about a dragon when we might get a

m o n k e
  • EquixEquix Registered Users Posts: 1,104
    I want Dragon Emperor to look human on campaign and when is away of enemies then shift to serpentine dragon when moves and enters in melee range in battles.

W2 VORTEX: New dwarf and vampire LLs
    UNDEAD RACE Nagash, The Nameless, Undead Hag LL (kislev undead boss). Undead Dragon Empress LL (cathay undead boss)

MONOBLOODLINES:
    Zacharias, Melkhior, Radu the forsaken, Dieter Helsnicht /Necrachs
    Ushoran, Vorag, The Black Prince, Rametep /Strigoi
    Red Duke, Walach Harkon, Abhorash /Blood Dragon
    Neferata, Naaima, Ulrika, Nitocris /Lahmia

Tomb Kings:
    Apophas

Amazons + Kuresh (Serpent Civilizations)

Gnobblar LL with Ogre Kingdoms

Fimir LL for norska

Albion

Ind
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 12,727

Why worry about a dragon when we might get a

m o n k e

D A R G O better
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,229
    Ye I really hope so, too. It would be perfect if he is like Kaido from one piece, with ability to change between human and dragon form.

• united84united84 Registered Users Posts: 984
    I hope the Dragon emperor will have a human form and also an activatable dragon form (Sage mode, naruto ftw).

When I say dragon form, I dont expect him to become a serpentine dragon per se but the dragon emperor should still maintain his humanoid form but with some enhanced features like a eyes of a dragon, scaled skin with armor and horns.

If you watch anime. Think of it like Sasuke's cursed seal or Naruto's sage mode.
  • DumbledoodDumbledood Registered Users Posts: 182
    edited May 14
    I like the dragon that shapeshifts into human form option personally. There's something cool about seeing their character and characteristics as dragons represented as human characteristics. You can be like "oh that dragon is an ****, and he looks like an **** too as a person." Or "that dragon is really graceful, and he's the same as a person." You get the idea haha. Plus it adds a magical element to them which many dragons otherwise don't have since they have the power to shapeshift. Lastly as a human they're cool af because their lifespan is way longer than a regular person. Man I'm a nerd. Anyway

But I'd be alright with a straight up dragon too, as long as he's given some personality and intelligence. I think a normal human calling himself the dragon emperor would probably be the least fun implementation. The whole point of the adaptation of real life elements into fantasy is to make impossible things possible in the game.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 806
    united84 said:

I hope the Dragon emperor will have a human form and also an activatable dragon form (Sage mode, naruto ftw).

When I say dragon form, I dont expect him to become a serpentine dragon per se but the dragon emperor should still maintain his humanoid form but with some enhanced features like a eyes of a dragon, scaled skin with armor and horns.

If you watch anime. Think of it like Sasuke's cursed seal or Naruto's sage mode.

as long as it doesn't look like this..

but I still prefer serpentine form
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,618
    Am I the only one who doesn't want the Dragon Emperor to be an actual dragon? It seems contrary to everything we know about dragons in Warhammer Fantasy as well as what little existing lore there is on Cathay, which indicates that there are dynasties of Dragon Emperors and royal family members such as princes as well as consorts like concubines. I want him to be special no doubt, perhaps more than human as the 'dragon-blooded' Shugengen wizards are heavily implied to be, but just a LL version of a SEM in Cathay's roster seems really dull, give me a character whose identity is more than "yo, I'm a literal dragon".
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• DumbledoodDumbledood Registered Users Posts: 182
    Well, yeah, I hope it's not like that guy either. lol @talonn

Here's some random image I pulled from googling "shapeshifting dragon."

It's *relatively* minimalist. Just a guy with an aesthetic that mirrors the dragon's and has some unhuman traits, like the eyes which are a giveaway.
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 221
    edited May 14
    My preference would be something like this:

With the ability to transform into a dragon in battle preferably, of course.
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,038
    What they said about the leaders of Cathay being very different and unusual...then I hope the Dragon Emperor is always in Dragon form...otherwise its not really that much different then is it?
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 806
    MadDokta said:

My preference would be something like this:

With the ability to transform into a dragon in battle preferably, of course.

ahh.. Smite.. almost forgot about that game. I am ok with this concept too
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,568
    edited May 14
    Am I the only one that thinks he should just appear outwardly human, but with Dragon Blood in his lineage?
    I think giving him the ability to shapeshift into a dragon just sounds silly.
    If he is able to appear as a dragon I would rather they explain it that he can mind possess dragons and control them.

At least that's my feeling on the Emperor that will be playable in game. If we're talking historical lore first Dragon Emp then I wouldn't mind that one being an actual Dragon.

Plus we know from lore one Emperor was at least human or part human. Prince Xian Ha Feng's father. Prince Xian Ha Feng himself was never described as anything other than human.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,596
    I hope so too, and Smite-like depiction too would be my choice.

animacja-sygn-3.gif