Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why would you go to Chaos Realm instead of closing the port?

jamreal18jamreal18 Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 10,967

Comments

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 4,732
    To get the MacGuffin. It seems like you would need four of them to do something.
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 499
    Saving (or exploiting as chaos) a dying god. From what I have read in one article. Then why would you go to khorne citadel ... I will answer what ppl answer me - it's just a game.
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 5,596
    Because there is something they need in the Realm of Chaos. I doubt it's about closing the portals to the Realm but getting stuff to deal with the whole "dying god" we have heard about from some sites.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,151
    To find what was lost.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • Prince_AlucardPrince_Alucard Registered Users Posts: 468
    edited May 14
    Some MacGuffin they are hesitant to reveal for whatever reason.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 5,643
    Because the Devs wanted to go there.
    Beastmen

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 10,561
    We've had this thread countless time and we still don't know more than you do and probably won't before getting information about the narrative.

• joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,004
    I always wanted to go there anyways...
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,895
    Neodeinos said:

We've had this thread countless time and we still don't know more than you do and probably won't before getting information about the narrative.

Well, we kind of do know, tho ! Katarin want to retrieve some artifact that got stolen/lost !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,261
    It has something to do with (saving?) a dying god.
    ò_ó
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,205
    Because that would make for a much less cooler game. Lol.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 12,659
    idiocy why on the name of ze Lady will you go there , any way i am just gonna pretend it manifested in physical realm and enjoy the game , except when i play cathay khorne head to decorate dragon throne .
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,967
    I will not go there. I value the lives of my men.
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 361
    Because then they could just reopen the portal, and carry on with their original plans.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,967
    That1dude said:

Because then they could just reopen the portal, and carry on with their original plans.

After you conquer the Chaos Realm, your race will become the "new" Chaos for every faction?
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 361
    edited May 14
    jamreal18 said:

That1dude said:

After you conquer the Chaos Realm, your race will become the "new" Chaos for every faction?
    I doubt you can actually conquer it, I imagine it’s just them running in, killing and destroying as much stuff as possible, and then running back out as soon as the damage is done.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

That1dude said:

jamreal18 said:

That1dude said:

I doubt you can actually conquer it, I imagine it’s just them running in, killing and destroying as much stuff as possible, and then running back out as soon as the damage is done.
    To gather whatever the MacGuffin is, to be specific. But again, the devs won't say what that thing is yet.
    edited May 14

To gather whatever the MacGuffin is, to be specific. But again, the devs won't say what that thing is yet.

Isn't it Icon of Ruin in this case? I believe Katarin said that in her pre-battle speech.
    SerPus said:

Isn't it Icon of Ruin in this case? I believe Katarin said that in her pre-battle speech.
    yeah what that icon do is unknown. but i am thinking they are the keys to the crystal coffin of Arianka
    SerPus said:

That's the name of the capture point I believe, at least that's what it sounds like in context. Says she needs to capture it to grant the army supplies and reinforcements.

SerPus said:

That's the name of the capture point I believe, at least that's what it sounds like in context. Says she needs to capture it to grant the army supplies and reinforcements.
    no she took some thing ,
    saweendra said:

SerPus said:

no she took some thing ,
    But after she wins she says they're still searching for "what they've lost", what that is, no idea. There was a QnA with Sotek and Turin, they asked what it is or is related to, and the devs wanted to keep it a secret as to what the "dying god" is.
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 519
    Because gameplay....
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 455
    Like we aren't even sure that it's possible to close the great Portals, and if ET is correct a Chaos Portal without any at the other side of the planet will just grow and then explode into chaos, so not a great prospect
    arthadaw said:

Like we aren't even sure that it's possible to close the great Portals

If it was possible then the Old Ones would probably do that.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 4,857
    Insert whatever fantastical plot device.

Done.
  • arthadawarthadaw Registered Users Posts: 455
    SerPus said:

arthadaw said:

Like we aren't even sure that it's possible to close the great Portals

If it was possible then the Old Ones would probably do that.
    The old ones aren't there anymore so they are out of the equation
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,162
    so you can personally tell khorne to go shove it before closing the portal
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,287
    SerPus said:

To get the MacGuffin. It seems like you would need four of them to do something.

Why Egg MacGuffins gotta be so tasty but so bad for you T_T
    arthadaw said:

The old ones aren't there anymore

Yeah, because they left. Which they wouldn't do if the Rifts could be closed.