Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Back to reality

AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 2,004
We received so much information yesterday. That was great. But let's be honest, there is no talk of any "News once a week", we will be lucky if we hear at least something else before June, but I think that now we will have another couple of months of silence.

Comments

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 5,607
    Azurian said:

We received so much information yesterday. That was great. But let's be honest, there is no talk of any "News once a week", we will be lucky if we hear at least something else before June, but I think that now we will have another couple of months of silence.

Some of the YouTubers said we will get plenty of news this month
  • ConstantineZAynConstantineZAyn Registered Users Posts: 221

Azurian said:

Some of the YouTubers said we will get plenty of news this month
    Source?
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    I really don't get this pessimism that seems to be relatively pervasive on the forums.
    We could potentially not get any more news before June, and that could be fair enough as everything is kinda vague.
    There is some evidence pointing that it could also not be that long before something new comes out.

The official gameplay reveal,at the end, said a pre-order reveal was "very-soon", and some youtubers have implied that more content was coming sooner rather than later with Milk and Cookies implying that a deluge of content was coming in the "upcoming days and weeks". About the twelve minute mark in this video

However, this frankly bizarre idea that CA is just going to do one bit of news for Warhammer 3 like once a month or one bit of news for two months is more than a little ridiculous at this point.

As far as we know, Warhammer 3 releases this year.
    If they revealed a single battle or single piece of news every two months, we would be here speculating until 2025.
    Roster Reveals alone every two months would take a year in of themselves with this line of logic.
    So, that's obviously false.
    If another two month break is right around the corner, we would get the next bit of news in July.
    The game judging, through a combination of suspicious online store date placement and historical trends from CA launches would arrive roughly between September to November.
    That would leave. if it launches in September, two months to cover everything new.
    Or if it launches in November, there would be about three months since the Online Store Launch Date was around November 4th.
    That is quite simply not enough time with how CA markets things.

So, it is quite possible to get news before June, but it isn't confirmed nor guaranteed.
    (There was some mention earlier about a zerkovich video that said it or implied it.)
    However, a giant two-month break seems fairly unlikely at this stage.

• Docpain222Docpain222 Registered Users Posts: 150
    In the gameplay today, after Frankie Ward mentions the pre-order, she says very soon we will get more information. While some may say this is in regards to WH3 in general, she goes on and talks about the game for a little bit and then says we will get more information soon.

I strongly believe we will get mor information as soon as next week.

I also don't get this negative tone some have. Even with the fact that CA have not changed anything from 2 to 3. They have had more time to flesh things out. The graphics could have been better, agreed, but consider they may be working from home and using devices from studios while at home to put things together. This causes issues, as seen in one of Sotek's recent videos when he was trying to talk about his gameplay experience.

You got to believe a little.
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 736
    We will get news, and not soon, but very soon
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • AzurianAzurian Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    SaintCorn said:

I really don't get this pessimism that seems to be relatively pervasive on the forums.
    We could potentially not get any more news before June, and that could be fair enough as everything is kinda vague.
    There is some evidence pointing that it could also not be that long before something new comes out.

The official gameplay reveal,at the end, said a pre-order reveal was "very-soon", and some youtubers have implied that more content was coming sooner rather than later with Milk and Cookies implying that a deluge of content was coming in the "upcoming days and weeks". About the twelve minute mark in this video

However, this frankly bizarre idea that CA is just going to do one bit of news for Warhammer 3 like once a month or one bit of news for two months is more than a little ridiculous at this point.

If they revealed a single battle or single piece of news every two months, we would be here speculating until 2025.
    Roster Reveals alone every two months would take a year in of themselves with this line of logic.
    If another two month break is right around the corner, we would get the next bit of news in July.
    The game judging, through a combination of suspicious online store date placement and historical trends from CA launches would arrive roughly between September to November.
    That would leave. if it launches in September, two months to cover everything new.
    Or if it launches in November, there would be about three months since the Online Store Launch Date was around November 4th.

So, it is quite possible to get news before June, but it isn't confirmed nor guaranteed.
    (There was some mention earlier about a zerkovich video that said it or implied it.)

Very soon. If just soon we have = 6 months then "Very Soon" = 3 months

• SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,258
    Azurian said:

SaintCorn said:

Those are obviously relative terms that doesn't have an inherent value in time.

And why would adding "very" to soon halve the time exactly?

At this point, you're fear mongering about something for no logical reason.

• Tibi088Tibi088 Registered Users Posts: 169

I also don't get this negative tone some have. Even with the fact that CA have not changed anything from 2 to 3. They have had more time to flesh things out. The graphics could have been better, agreed, but consider they may be working from home and using devices from studios while at home to put things together. This causes issues, as seen in one of Sotek's recent videos when he was trying to talk about his gameplay experience.

You got to believe a little.

I do believe - and I do think we will have more information most likely next week.

But I fully understand the negativity as well. I have been a member of this forum for a very long time - and the communication of CA can be called atrocius at best. They are very apt to complete radiosilence for very long periods of time without any forwarning or such. They are also unresonably secretive about what will come. Seriously, would any of us be less prone to buy the last warhammer 2 DLC if they told us today what it will be? But it would dispell a lot of false hope on the part of a lot of people. If we for example knew for months that said DLC wont include beastman - before a lot of people had time to become convinced that it would - a lot of disappointment could be avoided. One of their few good moves was announcing no current plans for Araby - it was later than it should have been and very disappointing but imagine if they didnt announce it till now - it would still be one of the main topics of the forum.

Also see what they have done to Three kingdoms last DLC - they made a DLC, marketed it before the release for about two weeks - complete silence for months before and ever since. The same happened for the vast majority for the warhammer DLC's. I dont fault anyone seeing that trackrecord who doesnt believe in any new communication will come from them in a timely manner.

They make very good, in some cases great game which I love - hence me being here. But they really should do something about their communication with the fans.
  • DumbledoodDumbledood Registered Users Posts: 182
    whoa there goes gravity
  • KandennKandenn Registered Users Posts: 500
    Nothing better than spreading pessimism and misinformation eh ?

We just got a ingame trailer and gameplay an people already are doing the most pessimistic prediction just to get some attention
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,619
    Azurian said:

SaintCorn said:

CA may be slow, but they don't operate on Valve time.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,643
    Nah we’ll get news every week from now on. It just started.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,068
    I think we might get shown one roster today...or maybe a minor FAQ at least. Then next tues, weds or thurs more information.

They could show Kislev's roster this week then Khorne's next week.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,710
    Amonkhet said:

I think we might get shown one roster today...or maybe a minor FAQ at least. Then next tues, weds or thurs more information.

They could show Kislev's roster this week then Khorne's next week.

I think they've unleashed their full load for this week - but maybe next week.
    Change is on the way...

• AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    One of the devs in one of the interviews with youtubers said that they looked forward to show more in the "coming weeks and months".

Might have just been a saying, but if not - then it should mean we might get more news this month.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,301
    I think we will see the full Kislev roster very shortly - followed by the full Khorne roster within a week or two.