Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who will get Dunked on in the Upcoming Trailers?

WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,569
On the assumption that the following race reveal trailers aren't going to be a double feature like the Trail By Fire trailer is, who do you think will be the punching bag faction for each involved?

My guesses are such: Nurgle will either be fighting more Kislevites, the Empire or the Dwarfs in his trailer showcase, Tzeentch will be next fighting against either Nurgle or one of the three aforementioned races. Slaanesh will be paired up against Khornate forces (Elves are quite fluffy but I think such a match up will be saved for a LP). Cathay will be the last revealed race and be fighting against the daemons of Tzeentch. Be'lakor will get his own unique trailer to show off the undivided Daemons of Chaos, but it'll probably be a narrative focused one and not focus on units fighting.

Bonus speculation! The Chaos Dwarfs will be shown off either trashing hordes of Greenskins, or subduing daemons to power their industry. Just imagine a Dawi Zhar Daemonsmith manhandling a Bloodletter by the horns and tossing it kicking and screaming into a furnace to power their war engines. The Ogre Kingdoms will be shown off going on a rampage against either Greenskins, one of the Chaos races or Cathay. While the Hobgoblin Khaganates will be overtaking the Cathayans and driving all before them. Nagash if he comes in a brand new race will likely be featured subjugating Vampire Counts, Coast and Tomb Kings before marching on the living.

Anyway, that's my speculation for upcoming race reveal trailers. What's y'alls?
Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Comments

• HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 927
    Khorne. Must be. Kislev just won once. HE never won anything during wh2 showcase.
  • Xerxes52Xerxes52 Registered Users Posts: 730
    Khorne, they're the best jobbers in the business.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 26,588
    edited May 14
    If it's a minor showcase they'll likely dunk on a major. And vice versa.

Good vs Evil is the classic matchup. We'll see some god on god action for sure but probably not as much as the classic good vs evil.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • ScionOfTheEmperorScionOfTheEmperor Registered Users Posts: 343
    They really should do Cathay Vs Tzeentch when we get the Grand Cathey Reveal given the issues they have with Tzeenchian Cults.
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 840

They really should do Cathay Vs Tzeentch when we get the Grand Cathey Reveal given the issues they have with Tzeenchian Cults.

Completely agree, not sure why so many people think nurgle suits them better.

As per OP, I think Kislev will get dunked on in trailers, and Cathay will do some dunking.
    We can already see the start of it in the two trailers so far. Kislev either die or hold the line.
    As for Cathay I expect them to do some dunking for PR reasons with the chinese market.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,569

As per OP, I think Kislev will get dunked on in trailers, and Cathay will do some dunking.
    We can already see the start of it in the two trailers so far. Kislev either die or hold the line.
    As for Cathay I expect them to do some dunking for PR reasons with the chinese market.
    Pretty much, shouldn't be a requirement, but sadly is.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Bring back proper naval battles CA!!!
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,218
    Wyvax said:

Pretty much, shouldn't be a requirement, but sadly is.
    Probably. But at the end of the day it's a trailer - and will probably still be really good.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,076

They probably don't know official/fanmade lore so they draw ideas from current real-world events. Hence the Nurgle.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,701
    I think you will see Cathay wrecking Tzeentch
    Change is on the way...

• BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 701
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 210
    The Nurgle connection probably comes from Tamurkhan, but I agree that having them square up against Tzeentch is the better choice, since Tzeentch is the god that seems to be associated the most with Grand Cathay.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,172
    IF CA is smart, each faction will get it's limelight. Each faction will get it's own trailer and the "2 factions" trailer is just an appetizer or mood setter.
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    I don't think we should consider Trial by Fire a faction trailer. I think it's just a "narrative" trailer. To show the concept behind the game.

I think we will still get an individual faction trailer for both Kislev and Khorne, later down the road - to showcase their faction more directly.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 2,945

IF CA is smart, each faction will get it's limelight. Each faction will get it's own trailer and the "2 factions" trailer is just an appetizer or mood setter.

If CA is smart, they just bring out the High Elves.

They have colonies in the darkland and far cathay, so they new race can meet them for a good ol elve butt kicking session.

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,172

I don't think we should consider Trial by Fire a faction trailer. I think it's just a "narrative" trailer. To show the concept behind the game.

I think we will still get an individual faction trailer for both Kislev and Khorne, later down the road - to showcase their faction more directly.

yeah, I'd kinda compare it to this trailer:

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!

#PrayForBorisBokha (don't you dare kill of one of the 2 bigname Kislev characters in Backstory... he's the Bear guy!)

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 210
    I also would say that Khorne certainly wasn't getting dunked on in the Trial By Fire trailer. To me it looked more like it was Kislev that was getting its teeth kicked in at the curb and then getting robbed of its lunch money by Khorne.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 26,588
    MadDokta said:

I also would say that Khorne certainly wasn't getting dunked on in the Trial By Fire trailer. To me it looked more like it was Kislev that was getting its teeth kicked in at the curb and then getting robbed of its lunch money by Khorne.

It was definitely a bit of both. Both looked strong and had their good aspects shown off.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 840
    Yannir said:

They probably don't know official/fanmade lore so they draw ideas from current real-world events. Hence the Nurgle.
    The thing is that there is official lore for Cathay having issues with Tzeentch cults so... yeah
  • MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 595
    I want cinematic battle between Nurgle and Slaanesh)
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)