Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER III Global Gameplay Reveal

12346»

Comments

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,174

Itharus said:

Did we ever hear how many lords Kislev/Cathay are gonna come with stock?

Generic Lords? Not a thing

Legendary Lords? Just what we can guess based on 9 LLs across 6 races
    Yeah I mean like, will they start with 2? 4?
  • Bogdanov89Bogdanov89 Registered Users Posts: 1,103
    Is the fantasy bloodthirster supposed to be that small?

Compared to the wh40k bloodthirster its tiny.
    Check out the Community Bug Fix Mod on the Steam Workshop.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 8,785
    Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Cathay is 2 LL
    Kislev is 2 LL
    Khorne is 1 LL
    Tzeentch is 1 LL
    Nurgle is 1 LL
    Slannesh is 1 LL
    Final Mystery Faction is 1 LL.

For 9 LL total. They said on the blog when the first Warhammer trailer went up.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,912
    Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Cathay is 2 LL
    Kislev is 2 LL
    Khorne is 1 LL
    Tzeentch is 1 LL
    Nurgle is 1 LL
    Slannesh is 1 LL

is that confirmed because until it isn't i would take with a heap of salt
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,174
    Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Cathay is 2 LL
    Kislev is 2 LL
    Khorne is 1 LL
    Tzeentch is 1 LL
    Nurgle is 1 LL
    Slannesh is 1 LL

Wait wtf, there's a mystery faction? Is this in addition to the pre-order or is it the pre order? Has there been any indication at all for it?
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,687
    Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Cathay is 2 LL
    Kislev is 2 LL
    Khorne is 1 LL
    Tzeentch is 1 LL
    Nurgle is 1 LL
    Slannesh is 1 LL

Wait wtf, there's a mystery faction? Is this in addition to the pre-order or is it the pre order? Has there been any indication at all for it?
    Oh yeah most people think that 9th Lord is Be'lakor either with Daemons Undivided or some sort of reworked WoC turned into Chaos Undivided.

At least those are the main theories
  • MadratMadrat Registered Users Posts: 4
    Here's to hoping those epic survival battles make it to multiplayer. Demons vs other factions would be a blast!
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,088
    Really fantastic reveal. Great host, interviews, and streams of gameplay for TWW3. I preordered when it was first available, and I'm not disappointed!
  • BierTempelierBierTempelier Registered Users Posts: 338

Will we be able to have better battle pacing in WH3 compared to the previous 2 titles ?

It has been a missed opportunity for such a content-rich battle environment like Warhammer to have to revert to arcadey-type 5 minute skrimmages. I really have fingers crossed for adjustable battle speed (with audio intact at slower paces).
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,411

Will we be able to have better battle pacing in WH3 compared to the previous 2 titles ?

It has been a missed opportunity for such a content-rich battle environment like Warhammer to have to revert to arcadey-type 5 minute skrimmages. I really have fingers crossed for adjustable battle speed (with audio intact at slower paces).

It depends on your playstyle. Mines usually 12 to 20 mins.

CA can’t do much about people’s subjective experience.
  • kratostatickratostatic Registered Users Posts: 745
    Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Amonkhet said:

Itharus said:

Itharus said:

Cathay is 2 LL
    Kislev is 2 LL
    Khorne is 1 LL
    Tzeentch is 1 LL
    Nurgle is 1 LL
    Slannesh is 1 LL

Technically we know none of that, but that's the current assumption. They have never at any point told us how the lords are divvied up and they've never really said anything about there being a 7th faction (although I agree there's a good chance).

We know there are 9 LLs total; in theory this could be 4 for say Kislev and 1 for everyone else but that's pretty unlikely. I wouldn't completley dismiss 3 for Kislev or Cathay, 2 for the other and 1 each for the monogods, nor would I dismiss one of the monogods randomly getting 2 (possibly with a bonus 10th of Sigvald if you already own the Chaos Warriors DLC, giving us 2 2 2 2 1 1). But I hope and sort-of expect it's as above, with the "Mystery" being Be'lakor with Daemons of Chaos Undivided.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Registered Users Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292
    I watched that battle;

Pros; new game mode, Catarina have few cool animations, some units look good, Bloodthister look great. Kislev feel fresh as faction.
    Khorne, even tho its still chaos, have his own cool look, and look different to WoC which is a good thing.

What i dont like; Catarina Fearfrost looks more like dagger then blade, which in some pic from Great battle at gates of kislev, look more like Greatsword. Weapon dmg is high, but no AP, for that kind of magic blade, bad decions. Her stats on foot are as better then pure melee Lord like Franz...i mean, make no sene.

I personally dont like how Winged Lancer looks, at all.

Bear cav look good, so do Hero on bear. Elemental bear is great thing, so its new lore.

I dont like Kislev having powerfull arty, which they do with that mortar canon.

Can we judge the game after this, hardly. I just want to see more, before i will say what i thin about game 3 overhaul.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,687
    Ares354 said:

I believe people said the cannon wasn't that great.
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292

Ares354 said:

I believe people said the cannon wasn't that great.
    But that its not final balance i assume. So guess, we will have to wait and see.

Imo they should change the scale of the whole mission and not dumb down the health of the chaos warriors.
    For me it is so stupid to have such weak demons just to give the illusion of a big battle.

Just make it a real battle between real armies, with multiple reinforcements on both sides.

I am not sure in regard to the barricades build during the battle or the healing, I need to see more of this before I can make up my mind.

That's just a normal Quest Battle which people hated.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch #TLM
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,600

Imo they should change the scale of the whole mission and not dumb down the health of the chaos warriors.
    For me it is so stupid to have such weak demons just to give the illusion of a big battle.

Just make it a real battle between real armies, with multiple reinforcements on both sides.

I am not sure in regard to the barricades build during the battle or the healing, I need to see more of this before I can make up my mind.

Well the words Ian Roxburgh uses suggests this was done not just for the contrived appearance of a big battle, but also the contrived feeling of success for the player as they beat the odds. Of course they're not beating the odds and players seeking a meaningful challenge are not getting it and are robbed of it.

It's a microcosm of the new design philosophy really: faking everything the Total War games used to do well with far less gimmicks. If those were Shogun 2 or FoTS units with their own mechanics fighting that battle, a good player would not only win against AI at full-strength, but double it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/total-war-warhammer-3s-huge-boss-battles-are-a-very-different-way-to-play-total-war/

Amonkhet said:

As of now I don't mind the other stuff, CA could have done this without dumping down unit stats.
    I know I will hate to have this battle if I see chaos warrior die against lower tier units in masses just for the illusion of challenge.

Turn dowen the scale, normal health and clever reinforcements of the enemy should do the trick without making it a Whac-A-Mole. The new mechanics would be even more important.
    Again, thats just a normal quest battle and people complained about them.

Amonkhet said:

Amonkhet said:

As of now I don't mind the other stuff, CA could have done this without dumping down unit stats.
    I know I will hate to have this battle if I see chaos warrior die against lower tier units in masses just for the illusion of challenge.

Turn dowen the scale, normal health and clever reinforcements of the enemy should do the trick without making it a Whac-A-Mole. The new mechanics would be even more important.
    Again, thats just a normal quest battle and people complained about them.
    You would still have barricades and the battle abilities, the only difference is that they don't mess with the unit stats.
    How is that the same?
    It’s on specific battle which doesn’t effect the rest of the game. CA are going off play test feedback after trying a number of ideas.

They want to give the battle epic scale as if you're being flooded by a horde while keeping it do-able and keeping away from too much grind. If your troops did start to lose too much due to attrition they would have to counter this with more help in the form of special buffs and heals.

I can’t say whether I personally will enjoy it but I’m glad they’re trying new ideas. I actually really enjoyed the Drycha quest battle so will have to wait and see.

Either way, this will not have an impact on the main game and how it plays beyond a single battle.
  • Waagh2016Waagh2016 Registered Users Posts: 95
    Be part of the „peasant“ revolt!

Enjoy playing the game instead of watching it!

Don’t sit on the sidelines, while the „nobles“ play!

Viva La Revolution!
  • BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 633

You're doubling-down now and you've given your intentions away: you argue a non sequiter, then when someone takes the bait and argues about it, you insist that was the point all along and refuse to engage with the actual one.

I won't be talking about the point about the kiting tactic, which you introduced to this conversation, because your purpose with it is pure distraction, on top of the personal abuse you can't help including.

Your new non sequiter where you define everything that makes a video game as a contrivance, I won't be engaging with that either.

...and yet you keep talking.

So how bout da bears?
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    I like the bears. They're very nice bears. I'm not as irked about the bears as some are, though I understand their concerns that too many bears might undermine their specialness. I also don't want to see any repeat of what happened with certain units regarding 'normal variants' and 'special variants', where one is clearly better and they are not distinct in terms of having different roles(see Warhounds with or without poison attacks, among others).

If there are lots of bear units, it would IMO be better if they were as distinct as possible from each other so that there is some weight to all-bear armies other than just memes. We can all get behind bear-centric doomstacks.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,033
    Several off-topic comments removed that would have been better made via PM.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,864
    I am looking forward to the game! I really can see the work put into the game. I really like the direction in implementing multiple battle modes.

I look forward to the next news drop. I hope we aren’t going to see every map- especially if the chaos gods only have one map a piece. I am pretty sure that is the case for the survival battles; however, I’m curious if that’s the case for regular maps in the realm of chaos- will we get the same map (massive or not)?

The issue is if you have full strength Daemons then the game will turn into a grind and the only way to deal with the larger numbers is to add more health generation or ability pops.

It’s hard to tell how difficult it will be but if it’s hard and takes a long time there will obviously be tension in the later stages. Tension is tension.
  • MasterSayo01MasterSayo01 Registered Users Posts: 503
    It's awesome to see the "survival" battle(s) with the faction Kislev against the enemy. ;)

I hope soon to see more stuff, about the campaign and more about the factions. :*

And good luck, C.A., with the development for Warhammer III. ;)

Something funny.. :D

Have you ever seen the Kislev Cat Soldier? :*

No? :*

Tada! Here it is! :#

And have all of you a nice game week with Warhammer II. ;)