Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Enough for Three kingdoms?

KillakyzerKillakyzer Registered Users Posts: 2
Hi
I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to gaming. I have a normal laptop at moment which can run a few total war games but crashes with three kingdoms and troy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092314XM9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_M880KFYNZBV6YRQF8DGM

Can't afford much, don't want a top one, just something I can play three kingdoms on without crashing.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    It should be good for playing low to medium settings.

However, there are two not so hot aspects to that laptop. It's possible you can rectify them both without a big cost increase, but that is an awfully good price currently.

The laptop is a "thin" laptop. Total War will work that CPU very, very hard, and thermal throttling is likely to be a bigger problem in the thin laptops. Such laptops generally come at a premium, so there's typically a cost savings in switching to a bulkier one with similar specs. Which brings us to the one substantial shortcoming in those specs. 8GB really isn't enough RAM for a gaming computer. 16 would be ideal. Like I said though, really good price.
  • KillakyzerKillakyzer Registered Users Posts: 2
    psychoak said:

It should be good for playing low to medium settings.

However, there are two not so hot aspects to that laptop. It's possible you can rectify them both without a big cost increase, but that is an awfully good price currently.

The laptop is a "thin" laptop. Total War will work that CPU very, very hard, and thermal throttling is likely to be a bigger problem in the thin laptops. Such laptops generally come at a premium, so there's typically a cost savings in switching to a bulkier one with similar specs. Which brings us to the one substantial shortcoming in those specs. 8GB really isn't enough RAM for a gaming computer. 16 would be ideal. Like I said though, really good price.

Thank you very much for your reply, really appreciate it. Was just looking for a simple set up laptop or pc which could play it. Seems quite hard to find or quite a cost. May have to look at buying it then if its a good price. Thanks again
  • psychoakpsychoak Registered Users Posts: 3,414
    Yeah, our fabrication shortages are a real bummer on prices right now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file