Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Human players like to play Human factions.

rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
Hello everyone,

Polls state that the Empire is the most beloved faction in the Total War Warhammer. Likewise, the factions that the community of players most expect to see in Warhammer 3 are Kislev and Cathay.

In other words, human players like to play human factions.

And the message that emerges from here, in my opinion, is that CA should stop ignoring Southern Realms and the Arabs and to give them a place of honor in the Warhammer series.

Likewise- in the future, when Vampires destroy us and become the majority in the world, CA will have to focus on Vampire factions. Baaahhhh!!!!!!

Let me know what you think.

Comments

• sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,246
    Well I really want Southern Realms and Araby, but I rarley touch the empire.
    It is not a bad faction, but there are so many awesome things in warhammer that it is easy for me to ignore them.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
    Pede said:

But what factions do the non-human players prefer then huh?? I'd rather see that poll..

I do not think zombies answer polls. Only in humans does this madness exist
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    rrrrfg said:

Hello everyone,

Polls state that the Empire is the most beloved faction in the Total War Warhammer. Likewise, the factions that the community of players most expect to see in Warhammer 3 are Kislev and Cathay.

And the message that emerges from here, in my opinion, is that CA should stop ignoring Southern Realms and the Arabs and to give them a place of honor in the Warhammer series.

Likewise- in the future, when Vampires destroy us and become the majority in the world, CA will have to focus on Vampire factions. Baaahhhh!!!!!!

Sorry, wrong. If a faction being "human" was what mattered most, Norsca and Bretonnia would see more play as well since they're also predominantly human which is however not the case. What makes the Empire so popular is more likely the fact that they're so easy to understand as they're one of the least "exotic" factions.
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,309
    Pede said:

But what factions do the non-human players prefer then huh?? I'd rather see that poll..

There's nothing else than human man-things, yes-yes.
    Then why Bretonnia isn't the second most popular race?
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Empire most beloved? According to your poll?
    That's odd, according to offical data shared to us by Valve Corporation it is High Elves who are most beloved, CA even confirmed durning WH3 gameplay release stream.
    Humans don't like Human races.
    Still, Souther Realms or DoW will come, worry not.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.

rrrrfg said:

Hello everyone,

Sorry, wrong. If a faction being "human" was what mattered most, Norsca and Bretonnia would see more play as well since they're also predominantly human which is however not the case. What makes the Empire so popular is more likely the fact that they're so easy to understand as they're one of the least "exotic" factions.
    Norska contains mostly monsters, and Bretonnia is not interesting because they have no unit that the Empire does not have
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    rrrrfg said:

Pede said:

Still human, just the undead kind..

But to answer your question, maybe lots of TWWH players like the Empire because it is the most familiar to the historical titles they know and like already.

• ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Hello everyone,

Norska contains mostly monsters, and Bretonnia is not interesting because they have no unit that the Empire does not have
    And we've gone straight into special pleading and goalpost shifting. Should make you think how strong your original point was in the first place.
    Beef545 said:

That's odd, according to offical data shared to us by Valve Corporation it is High Elves who are most beloved, CA even confirmed durning WH3 gameplay release stream.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJjhszdgfENi29-jsuXqk9sYyO_RhMTX_wQcNPeu6o5RQuvQ/viewanalytics

rrrrfg said:

Hello everyone,

And the memes, the damn memes.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,382
    A general rule of fantasy is that the most popular choice is the most basic. That's why Human Fighters show up more than anything else in D&D
    Pede said:

rrrrfg said:

Pede said:

Still human, just the undead kind..

But to answer your question, maybe lots of TWWH players like the Empire because it is the most familiar to the historical titles they know and like already.
    This is also true for the Southern Realms and Arabi.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,337
    rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJjhszdgfENi29-jsuXqk9sYyO_RhMTX_wQcNPeu6o5RQuvQ/viewanalytics
    Don't want to agree with beef but that's kind of irrelevant in the fact of CA straight up saying the HE were the most popular race in warhammer 2. Empire were the most popular in warhammer 1, however we don't know where they lay now.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 634
    well, i am a bloated maggot then, because i cannot wait for an embrace from papa nurgle.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,193
    Killertut said:

well, i am a bloated maggot then, because i cannot wait for an embrace from papa nurgle.

I guess im a chimaera then, i more or less play everything even though i got my fav's.

for WH3 i look forward to slaneesh and cathay.
  • Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 572
    As a respectable member of chaos society of nurgle I shall gladly bring gifts to these wonderful nations

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

Don't want to agree with beef but that's kind of irrelevant in the fact of CA straight up saying the HE were the most popular race in warhammer 2. Empire were the most popular in warhammer 1, however we don't know where they lay now.
    The survey I mentioned refers to Warhammer 2
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,193

As a respectable member of chaos society of nurgle I shall gladly bring gifts to these wonderful nations

If papa nurgle got a unit that explodes and covers the enemies in corrosive slime, im in :x
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 373
    DoW will come and if we're lucky, Araby will come as part of the Old World too.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,152

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

CA stated that they were the Most Popular WH2 Race as in, the most popular race that was introduced by Warhammer 2. So, beef is still wrong as it doesn't compare any Warhammer 2 races' popularity with any Warhammer 1 races' popularity.

Further, the statement that steam achievements are a reliable metric is fundamentally flawed. It fails to acknowledge the multiple issues with getting steam achievements in Warhammer 2 or the fact that some achievements were introduced later or only became functional later on making it a really unreliable metric that cannot be used to determine the overall most popular race of the entire series.
    Further, Beef mostly wants the steam achievements to be indicative of overall popularity because he falsely has held the position that the more popular High Elves are would mean that his personal pet idea of Sea Elves becoming a completely separate race would be just as popular.

• elkappelkapp Registered Users Posts: 1,210
    The issue with SR is that their playstyle will be mostly similar to that of the Empire.

Araby is another story with all their magical bs, but CA seem to have put a stone on them.
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,337
    rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

Sure but it's just a survey, and it was which is the best campaign not which is the most played faction.

CA literally stated before the gameplay reveal that HE were the most played.

• SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    This poll is biased against lizard people and I will NOT stand for it!
    elkapp said:

The issue with SR is that their playstyle will be mostly similar to that of the Empire.

Araby is another story with all their magical bs, but CA seem to have put a stone on them.

With a little imagination, it would be possible to do something big with SR, as CA did with Vampires Coast. My favorite race, by the way.
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,100
    so weird, cause im human and i played Lizardmen, Dark Elves and Chaos more than other races... Am i some weird hybrid?
    edited May 15
    SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

CA stated that they were the Most Popular WH2 Race as in, the most popular race that was introduced by Warhammer 2. So, beef is still wrong as it doesn't compare any Warhammer 2 races' popularity with any Warhammer 1 races' popularity.

Further, the statement that steam achievements are a reliable metric is fundamentally flawed. It fails to acknowledge the multiple issues with getting steam achievements in Warhammer 2 or the fact that some achievements were introduced later or only became functional later on making it a really unreliable metric that cannot be used to determine the overall most popular race of the entire series.
    Further, Beef mostly wants the steam achievements to be indicative of overall popularity because he falsely has held the position that the more popular High Elves are would mean that his personal pet idea of Sea Elves becoming a completely separate race would be just as popular.
    The statements were ambiguous enough to leave space to interpretation, but if it was up to me I'd add to rule to forbid any thread or discussion about which race is the most popular.
    rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

Surveys have little value compared to official CA statements. And even if Empire was absolutely the most popular race it doesn't automatically mean that all human races will be equally loved, especially when Bretonnia is far less popular than the Empire.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,342
    Empire just have a super fun designed roster with something for every playstyle, and the feel of playing steel faith and gunpowder against all odds never gets old.

Although...

TIME'S UP PIERROT CLOWNS, THE END OF CIVILIZATION IS NEAR!
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times

This poll is biased against lizard people and I will NOT stand for it!

Lizards and mice ... The personification of animals reminds me of characters from the world of toddlers, like Mickey Mouse. Not something that fits into a serious fantasy world.