Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Human players like to play Human factions.

Comments

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,015
    Give me content or give me death!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • MalruirMalruir Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 373
    elkapp said:

The issue with SR is that their playstyle will be mostly similar to that of the Empire.

Araby is another story with all their magical bs, but CA seem to have put a stone on them.

Nothing is set in stone yet...
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 2,152
    manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

Empire most beloved? According to your poll?
    That's odd, according to offical data shared to us by Valve Corporation it is High Elves who are most beloved, CA even confirmed durning WH3 gameplay release stream.
    Humans don't like Human races.
    Still, Souther Realms or DoW will come, worry not.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJjhszdgfENi29-jsuXqk9sYyO_RhMTX_wQcNPeu6o5RQuvQ/viewanalytics
    Don't want to agree with beef but that's kind of irrelevant in the fact of CA straight up saying the HE were the most popular race in warhammer 2. Empire were the most popular in warhammer 1, however we don't know where they lay now.
    CA stated that they were the Most Popular WH2 Race as in, the most popular race that was introduced by Warhammer 2. So, beef is still wrong as it doesn't compare any Warhammer 2 races' popularity with any Warhammer 1 races' popularity.

Further, the statement that steam achievements are a reliable metric is fundamentally flawed. It fails to acknowledge the multiple issues with getting steam achievements in Warhammer 2 or the fact that some achievements were introduced later or only became functional later on making it a really unreliable metric that cannot be used to determine the overall most popular race of the entire series.
    Further, Beef mostly wants the steam achievements to be indicative of overall popularity because he falsely has held the position that the more popular High Elves are would mean that his personal pet idea of Sea Elves becoming a completely separate race would be just as popular.
    The statements were ambiguous enough to leave space to interpretation, but if it was up to me I'd add to rule to forbid any thread or discussion about which race is the most popular.
    rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

That's odd, according to offical data shared to us by Valve Corporation it is High Elves who are most beloved, CA even confirmed durning WH3 gameplay release stream.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJjhszdgfENi29-jsuXqk9sYyO_RhMTX_wQcNPeu6o5RQuvQ/viewanalytics
    Don't want to agree with beef but that's kind of irrelevant in the fact of CA straight up saying the HE were the most popular race in warhammer 2. Empire were the most popular in warhammer 1, however we don't know where they lay now.
    The survey I mentioned refers to Warhammer 2
    Surveys have little value compared to official CA statements.
    There is definitely some wiggle room for interpretation, but in the end, it would fundamentally be limited to just Warhammer 2.
    So, claiming that High Elves would be the most popular in the entire series would be false regardless as it excludes all data from Warhammer 1.
    However, the entire discussion of which is the most popular is quite tiresome as it usually used as a bludgeon to claim that everyone who likes this race is good and they deserve more content than all the other races to the detriment of everyone.

• rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57

This poll is biased against lizard people and I will NOT stand for it!

Lizards and mice ... The personification of animals reminds me of characters from the world of toddlers, like Mickey Mouse. Not something that fits into a serious fantasy world.
    manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

CA stated that they were the Most Popular WH2 Race as in, the most popular race that was introduced by Warhammer 2. So, beef is still wrong as it doesn't compare any Warhammer 2 races' popularity with any Warhammer 1 races' popularity.

Further, the statement that steam achievements are a reliable metric is fundamentally flawed. It fails to acknowledge the multiple issues with getting steam achievements in Warhammer 2 or the fact that some achievements were introduced later or only became functional later on making it a really unreliable metric that cannot be used to determine the overall most popular race of the entire series.
    Further, Beef mostly wants the steam achievements to be indicative of overall popularity because he falsely has held the position that the more popular High Elves are would mean that his personal pet idea of Sea Elves becoming a completely separate race would be just as popular.
    The statements were ambiguous enough to leave space to interpretation, but if it was up to me I'd add to rule to forbid any thread or discussion about which race is the most popular.
    rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

I do not think there is almost one player who has not played Empire at all, unlike other races like Beastman
  • manpersalmanpersal Registered Users Posts: 2,309
    edited May 15
    SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

There is definitely some wiggle room for interpretation, but in the end, it would fundamentally be limited to just Warhammer 2.
    So, claiming that High Elves would be the most popular in the entire series would be false regardless as it excludes all data from Warhammer 1.
    However, the entire discussion of which is the most popular is quite tiresome as it usually used as a bludgeon to claim that everyone who likes this race is good and they deserve more content than all the other races to the detriment of everyone.
    Claiming which is the most popular race of the whole series is silly when there's at least eight more races still to come. And yes, everytime this discussions are usually started by entitled fans of some races, hence why they should be avoided.
    rrrrfg said:

Lizards and mice ... The personification of animals reminds me of characters from the world of toddlers, like Mickey Mouse. Not something that fits into a serious fantasy world.
    manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

I do not think there is almost one player who has not played Empire at all, unlike other races like Beastman
    And how does it relate with the subject? I'm starting to get some Veresh feels...
    manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

Claiming which is the most popular race of the whole series is silly when there's at least eight more races still to come.
    rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

And how does it relate with the subject? I'm starting to get some Veresh feels...
    Simply the topic has become a survey of what is the preferred race for players
    rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

Claiming which is the most popular race of the whole series is silly when there's at least eight more races still to come.
    rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

And there's no relation between which races are popular now and which new races could be popular in the future.
  • ColPresumptuousColPresumptuous Registered Users Posts: 32
    edited May 15
    rrrrfg said:

Lets see... 910 hours in the game, ive played Empire 5 times (Gelt and Volkmar, ive NEVER touched Franz), and usually not gone beyond about turn 40. Which makes my playtime with em more or less bellow 1%.

On the other hand, ive completed the Beastmen ME campaign.

I dont think in the last 22+ years of gaming ive ever willingly or for any prolonged time, played a human character or faction in a game where multipal options exist.
    rrrrfg said:

The perfered race for a player.. is what ever race said player prefers. Polls, in this case, mean nothing really.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 31,022
    manpersal said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

And there's no relation between which races are popular now and which new races could be popular in the future.
    That's not true at all.

We can certainly look at the commonalities between the most popular races of the last 4 years and take very good guesses at what will be the most popular upcoming races.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

rrrrfg said:

Lets see... 910 hours in the game, ive played Empire 5 times (Gelt and Volkmar, ive NEVER touched Franz), and usually not gone beyond about turn 40. Which makes my playtime with em more or less bellow 1%.

On the other hand, ive completed the Beastmen ME campaign.

I dont think in the last 22+ years of gaming ive ever willingly or for any prolonged time, played a human character or faction in a game where multipal options exist.
    rrrrfg said:

The perfered race for a player.. is what ever race said player prefers. Polls, in this case, mean nothing really.
    I like Beastman's units, the problem is that I do not see a purpose in a campaign that all you can do is to go around and destroy cities.

I have long thought that CA should stop with factions that cannot settle in cities. But unfortunately, they have continued with it in almost every TW since Attila

manpersal said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

That's not true at all.

We can certainly look at the commonalities between the most popular races of the last 4 years and take very good guesses at what will be the most popular upcoming races.
    Right, this was me being lazy and my english falling short. What I meant is that you can't infer that all human races will be popular because there's one popular human race. Good guy generalist factions seem to be the answer to most popular races.

manpersal said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

That's not true at all.

agree
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 26,305
    I‘m human and I enjoy all Races.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    ArneSo said:

I‘m human and I enjoy all Races.

If you did not say you are a human we probably would not know :p:p
    I'm a zombie and I like to play a human faction. My grandmother is a lizard but she only plays board games
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 2,807
    edited May 15
    I like to play greenskinz... but yes, if Cathay, Kislev and Araby are in, they will likely be among my favoured factions (along side the Ogre Kingdoms and Hob Goblins if they make it).

It's not because I prefer playing humans... humans have a mixed reputation to me... I hate the empire, especially with it's "subjugate the savages" behaviour in Lustria, and Brettonia with it's plundering of Araby.

I like constructive civilisations that actually benefit the world and the various peoples/things in it... like the High Elves. Araby, Kislev and Cathay seem like the constructive, useful factions and I also love their architecture and units.

If I couldn't have those 3 Human factions though... Ogre Kingdoms would be the only race worth primarily playing.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
    Ingr8 said:

So, by the OP's logic, if you like playing as Skaven you are likely a rat and if you like playing as WE's you are likely a treehugging hippy!

I love playing the Skaven because of their crazy machines, but I would be happy if the characters themselves were replaced by something more logical, which unfortunately will not happen, because it is impossible to change the world of the game workshop too much
    manpersal said:

manpersal said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

That's not true at all.

Right, this was me being lazy and my english falling short. What I meant is that you can't infer that all human races will be popular because there's one popular human race. Good guy generalist factions seem to be the answer to most popular races.
    All good. English is hard.

I agree with that.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, Greater Demon of the Ogre Kingdoms, Teller of Truths, Enemy of Lies, Emperor of a lost Empire

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

That's not true at all.

I agree with that.
    Do not be so cynical. It may be that those who speak English from birth are the minority here in the forum, so it is necessary to consider others as well.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 5,240
    Pede said:

But what factions do the non-human players prefer then huh?? I'd rather see that poll..

As a neanderthal myself, i really enjoy playing dwarfs.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 811
    It's sad that this is true.

Nothing is less interesting to me that a human real-world culture standin in a fantasy setting...
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."

Pede said:

But what factions do the non-human players prefer then huh?? I'd rather see that poll..

Keep your origins a secret - Scientists may hunt you down.
    rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

manpersal said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

manpersal said:

SaintCorn said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

Beef545 said:

That's not true at all.

I agree with that.
    Do not be so cynical. It may be that those who speak English from birth are the minority here in the forum, so it is necessary to consider others as well.
    Yeah..... I don't know why you're inserting negativity into a wholly positive interaction.

Forum Terms & Conditions

• BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 629
    Beef545 said:

This only proves that they are disliked by 85% of the gamer base
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 784

so weird, cause im human and i played Lizardmen, Dark Elves and Chaos more than other races... Am i some weird hybrid?

Perhaps you were tired of being the bulwark that the world relies on...
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 784
    Human players like to play human factions.

Human players like to play non-human factions.

Human players like to play all kinds of factions.

Non-Human players do not like to play human factions.

Non-Human players do not like to play non-human factions.

Non-Human players do not like to play any factions.

There case closed, we have a complete understanding of who likes what faction now!
    Guys, the title of the post was just a joke. It does not matter what human players like to play and what vampires like and what Neanderthals like. I just meant to say that the players' sympathy for the empire, and the great anticipation of the arrival of Kislev and Cthay, prove to us that SR and Arabi will also be welcomed.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,494
    Can confirm I'm most excited to play Tzeentch monogod because I'm actually a Lord of Change. CA clipped my wings so now all I can do is type things on a keyboard :confounded:.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,968

I like to play greenskinz... but yes, if Cathay, Kislev and Araby are in, they will likely be among my favoured factions (along side the Ogre Kingdoms and Hob Goblins if they make it).

It's not because I prefer playing humans... humans have a mixed reputation to me... I hate the empire, especially with it's "subjugate the savages" behaviour in Lustria, and Brettonia with it's plundering of Araby.

I like constructive civilisations that actually benefit the world and the various peoples/things in it... like the High Elves. Araby, Kislev and Cathay seem like the constructive, useful factions and I also love their architecture and units.

If I couldn't have those 3 Human factions though... Ogre Kingdoms would be the only race worth primarily playing.

I think it's worth noting here that the Empire being obsessed with plundering Lustria is something that CA did basically because they wanted some human with guns plundering Lustria and the Empire was what they had. In the fluff, most of the human plunderers would be classified as Dogs of War. Bretonnian and Empire nobles do have a go occasionally, but not with the sanction of the Royarch or Emperor respectively (let alone a mandate).

Pede said:

Ironically, I do recall seeing a study somewhere that suggested that the Neanderthals were a little technologically ahead of the 'modern' humans that migrated into Europe in some ways and there was some technology transfer, and thinking that that might have been the origin of the idea of stocky humanoids that lived under the mountains and taught certain item-making skills to 'modern' humans. Of course, Neanderthals were never as advanced as dwarfs were regarded as being in folklore, but that's probably the stories changing with the technology of the times. Similar to how in medieval times you had depictions of Biblical characters wearing full plate armour.
  • DVersionDVersion Member Registered Users Posts: 249
    I'm a lizard