Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Human players like to play Human factions.

13»

Comments

• rrrrfgrrrrfg Registered Users Posts: 57
    DVersion said:

I'm a lizard

I feel for you...

Guys, I've been crying with laughter for hours. This is the most exotic forum in the world - there are lizards, worms, mice and even one Neanderthal. This forum is Warhammer himself.

• Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 730
    My favourite factions are VC and Lizardmen.
  • talonntalonn Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,582
    r-e-l-a-t-a-b-i-l-i-t-y
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,494
    Pede said:

But what factions do the non-human players prefer then huh?? I'd rather see that poll..

All the rats want to play Skaven

edited May 16
    Blaced said:

Pede said:

But what factions do the non-human players prefer then huh?? I'd rather see that poll..

All the rats want to play Skaven

They probably want to gnaw the computer while they play
  • veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    The High Elves are the most popular faction in the game. Even the Wood Elves were able to bypass the Empire, what are you talking about? Study the statistics.

The High Elves are the most popular faction in the game. Even the Wood Elves were able to bypass the Empire, what are you talking about? Study the statistics.

I referred to the poll ... even if there are more up-to-date polls claiming like you, it could be because other races have received a lot of DLC'S, unlike Empire, so other factions have become more popular, for now.
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 976
    rrrrfg said:

I referred to the poll ... even if there are more up-to-date polls claiming like you, it could be because other races have received a lot of DLC'S, unlike Empire, so other factions have become more popular, for now.
    No poll has shown HE as favourite, he's referring to Steam achievements. These, of course, only show that the HE and WE have the easiest campaigns in the game.
    rrrrfg said:

What poll? In Steam there are statistics for the completion of the campaign. CA has officially stated that the High Elves are the most popular faction in the game. Tyrion top 1, Imrik top 2.

Steam single player campaign completion statistics

High Elves 14.5%
    Wood Elves 4.7%
    Empire 4.5%

Local polling is invalid. We have game statistics from all licensed players. The most popular race is Elves and everyone wants to play as Elves.
    aMint1 said:

rrrrfg said:

No poll has shown HE as favourite, he's referring to Steam achievements. These, of course, only show that the HE and WE have the easiest campaigns in the game.
    Say it to veresh1989

rrrrfg said:

What poll? In Steam there are statistics for the completion of the campaign. CA has officially stated that the High Elves are the most popular faction in the game. Tyrion top 1, Imrik top 2.

High Elves 14.5%
    Wood Elves 4.7%
    Empire 4.5%

Local polling is invalid. We have game statistics from all licensed players. The most popular race is Elves and everyone wants to play as Elves.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJjhszdgfENi29-jsuXqk9sYyO_RhMTX_wQcNPeu6o5RQuvQ/viewanalytics
    rrrrfg said:

rrrrfg said:

High Elves 14.5%
    Wood Elves 4.7%
    Empire 4.5%

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScJjhszdgfENi29-jsuXqk9sYyO_RhMTX_wQcNPeu6o5RQuvQ/viewanalytics
    1900 people, that's just ridiculous
  • MagicspookMagicspook Registered Users Posts: 908
    Pede said:

According to a Veresh clone that got banned some time ago very shortly after creating his account, girls like to play lizardmen and skaven because "they like cute animals". Veresh even made up a poll that he supposedly carried out (he claimed to have interviewed like a few hundred players just by walking around the city) to support these 'results'.

Fun times.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,541

Pede said:

According to a Veresh clone that got banned some time ago very shortly after creating his account, girls like to play lizardmen and skaven because "they like cute animals". Veresh even made up a poll that he supposedly carried out (he claimed to have interviewed like a few hundred players just by walking around the city) to support these 'results'.

Fun times.
    This reply made me laugh considering the question.
  • BlacksphemyBlacksphemy Registered Users Posts: 629

rrrrfg said:

High Elves 14.5%
    Wood Elves 4.7%
    Empire 4.5%

I'm shocked that more than 80% of the player base would rather play any race beside the elves. Thank you for getting us this data
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 1,020
    Just as point of clarification, I have no opinion one what factions are or are not poplar, but if CA's TWW2 stats are presented the same way they did with TWW1, then it is in no way an accurate measurement of popularity.

They likely tallied every campaign ever played which means that some factions have multi years head starts over others. The numbers will always be inaccurately skewed towards whatever factions were included since launch. This is made worse by the fact that some faction have a higher bar or entry than others. If a player wants to play Beastmen in Warhammer 2 they need to own three separate products. If they want to play high elves they only need 1.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 569

HAHAHA VERESH TALKING TO SOMEONE STUDY STATISTICS

Really? tell me what is a confidence interval Veresh?

If you really know how statistcs work, than you know why steam archievements are not valid, and in that case you are just spreading lies.
    Just as planned

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,264
    I guess in your eyes I'm not human.
  • Iron_CrownIron_Crown Registered Users Posts: 1,571
    Most players start with the 'vanilla race' because they (correctly) assume that it will be the easiest and most intuitive way to get into that new game and understand it.

After that, players move on to other races. But the thing is that a huge portion of players do not play a game for a very long time. They play only a few campaigns, maybe even just one. Many players will pick the vanilla race multiple times to first understand the game better before they move on, but many of them will lose interest in the game before they ever get that far.

In WH1 that vanilla race was Empire. In WH2 there was no human race available at release, and High Elves are the next-closest thing.

HAHAHA VERESH TALKING TO SOMEONE STUDY STATISTICS

Really? tell me what is a confidence interval Veresh?

If you really know how statistcs work, than you know why steam archievements are not valid, and in that case you are just spreading lies.
    CA has said many times that the High Elves are the best, accept the truth.

rrrrfg said:

High Elves 14.5%
    Wood Elves 4.7%
    Empire 4.5%

I'm shocked that more than 80% of the player base would rather play any race beside the elves. Thank you for getting us this data
    The Empire has this indicator, according to your logic, 95%