Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Katarin & Kostaltyn

Comments

• MaksboMaksbo Registered Users Posts: 409

Maksbo said:

I don't like it, this is a very bad design, a terrible decision, an absolute failure. The head of the cult should look noble and beautiful. CA why do you hate Kislev?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I can't figure out if your are being serious
    I've started reading every one of his post in Trumps voice and it just works amazing. They are a joy to read.
    😅 thank you. I will have a good laugh from this
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,741
    Nobody Expected the Orthodox Inquisition!
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 3,162
    The question is, will the Patriarchs be plotting to assassinate him for being too overBearing.
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 555
    Cool pictures and fine enough names but I can’t believe this is an announcement, especially considering these characters are already in videos from other announcements.

I think you guys should really rethink what you release, when and why. It seems pretty half assed for a multimillion dollar company.
  • DemonRazielDemonRaziel Registered Users Posts: 92
    Ko-Ko-Kostaltyn
    Kislev's greatest love machine.

(okay, I know I'm kinda late for the party and it's been done ad nauseum, but let me somewhat redeem myself with a follow up song)

Kislev, Kislev
    Wirf die Gläser an die Wand
    Kislev ist ein schönes Land
    Ho ho ho ho ho, hey
    Kislev, Kislev
    Deine Seele ist so groß
    Nachts da ist der Teufel los
    Ha ha ha ha ha, hey
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 555

Maksbo said:

I don't like it, this is a very bad design, a terrible decision, an absolute failure. The head of the cult should look noble and beautiful. CA why do you hate Kislev?

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ I can't figure out if your are being serious
    I've started reading every one of his post in Trumps voice and it just works amazing. They are a joy to read.
    Brilliant. You win at the forum game today good sir.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,748
    i don't like how the Last two threads were made By @CA_James i wish it was @CA_Danial this one has not betrayed us
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • NymuraxNymurax Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 92

I'm sorry but this is a teeeeerrible take. In Warhammer things are grim, dark and terrible. If anything in Warhammer is ever noble or beautiful it is a mockery, Sigvald is the most beautiful, Bretonnian knights are noble. In a continuation of Russia as the source for all thing Kislev, this character is clearly based on Rasputin who looked looked similar and was a holy man. Atleast in his and the Tzarina's eyes.

You say 'hate Kislev', I say they would hate Kislev if they made this guy beautiful.

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451
    Nymurax said:

I'm sorry but this is a teeeeerrible take. In Warhammer things are grim, dark and terrible. If anything in Warhammer is ever noble or beautiful it is a mockery, Sigvald is the most beautiful, Bretonnian knights are noble. In a continuation of Russia as the source for all thing Kislev, this character is clearly based on Rasputin who looked looked similar and was a holy man. Atleast in his and the Tzarina's eyes.

You say 'hate Kislev', I say they would hate Kislev if they made this guy beautiful.

Why invent this guy when there were options from knowledge?
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,408

Nymurax said:

Lets not pretend you'd complain about their looks to. Kinda a pattern.
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 441
    edited May 19
    Now show the Lord for Khorne!

• SnoopacSnoopac Registered Users Posts: 414

Snoopac said:

Cadia101 said:

It shall not be easy for Cathay to captivate my attention and lure it to the first playthrough.

It shall. Don't lie to me, a human who can turn into a giant jade serpentine dragon as a LL is all you need for your attention to be captivated.
    Because you think they wouldn’t put the Dragon Emperor behind a dlc ?
    It’s not like they just did that with the main ruler of another faction/r
    You're incredibly misinformed here. Katarina, his daughter, is the Queen of Kislev now. Even when the two were in the tabletop together it was said that Boris was dead by the time Katarina took the throne. Like how Magnus the Pious was in.. 4th or 6th edition I think? Despite dying centuries before.

If Boris comes back, which I hope he does, it only makes sense for someone else to have taken his role in the Cult of Ulric and for his daughter to have ascended to the throne of Kislev. Nobody's waiting for him to come back, to Kislev our boy Boris is dead.
    Boris however DIED IN 2517... THE SAME YEAR AS MARIUS LEITDORF AND AFTER AZHAG DA SLAUGHTERER! ANd his death was CONFIRMED and not "DISAPPEARED"
    You've missed the point completely, I don't know if you're deliberately misinterpreating or if it's accidental but I did not say that Boris shouldn't come because he's dead in the fluff, in fact, I said I hope he does become playable. I'm saying that his daughter is the QUEEN of Kislev. Magnus isn't going to show up and go, "Step aside buddy" to Karl Franz just as Boris isn't going to do the same to Katarin. If he comes back, it'll be in the same vain as Repanse: she's not the Duchess of wherever she's from and it would be unreasonable to expect such.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,748
    Snoopac said:

Snoopac said:

Cadia101 said:

It shall not be easy for Cathay to captivate my attention and lure it to the first playthrough.

It shall. Don't lie to me, a human who can turn into a giant jade serpentine dragon as a LL is all you need for your attention to be captivated.
    You're incredibly misinformed here. Katarina, his daughter, is the Queen of Kislev now. Even when the two were in the tabletop together it was said that Boris was dead by the time Katarina took the throne. Like how Magnus the Pious was in.. 4th or 6th edition I think? Despite dying centuries before.

If Boris comes back, which I hope he does, it only makes sense for someone else to have taken his role in the Cult of Ulric and for his daughter to have ascended to the throne of Kislev. Nobody's waiting for him to come back, to Kislev our boy Boris is dead.
    Boris however DIED IN 2517... THE SAME YEAR AS MARIUS LEITDORF AND AFTER AZHAG DA SLAUGHTERER! ANd his death was CONFIRMED and not "DISAPPEARED"
    You've missed the point completely, I don't know if you're deliberately misinterpreating or if it's accidental but I did not say that Boris shouldn't come because he's dead in the fluff, in fact, I said I hope he does become playable. I'm saying that his daughter is the QUEEN of Kislev. Magnus isn't going to show up and go, "Step aside buddy" to Karl Franz just as Boris isn't going to do the same to Katarin. If he comes back, it'll be in the same vain as Repanse: she's not the Duchess of wherever she's from and it would be unreasonable to expect such.
    Lyonnese
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687
    Snoopac said:

Snoopac said:

Cadia101 said:

Just that, to fix that, we here had been saying, for ages:

Katarin as Tzarina. Boris as HIGH PRIEST OF URSUN, having abdicated in favour of Katarin to focus on the High Priest stuff... but that part is now taking by Dumsputin the Grimy.
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869

Snoopac said:

Snoopac said:

Cadia101 said:

Just that, to fix that, we here had been saying, for ages:

Katarin as Tzarina. Boris as HIGH PRIEST OF URSUN, having abdicated in favour of Katarin to focus on the High Priest stuff... but that part is now taking by Dumsputin the Grimy.
    And Boris can get a new role of his own. Having come back from the realm of chaos, I expect a oxyotl like story, where he's a roaming terror, out there to chew icegum and kick chaos ass.

And he's all out of icegum.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • SnoopacSnoopac Registered Users Posts: 414
    Crossil said:

Snoopac said:

Cadia101 said:

And what of that means they wouldn't put the Dragon Emperor behind DLC? Skavenblight, the Skaven capital, is locked behind DLC. And if Boris starts in the city of Kislev itself one day, that will be the second instance of a capital being behind DLC.

And Boris could've been reasoned well enough as JUST the head of Cult of Ursun by the same simple reasoning as why she is Tzarina.

But if you want to argue how it was done to avoid lore clash, then he is dead, as per lore.

But if lore doesn't matter, they could've reasoned why that is several different ways without removing him completely from the game.
    Once again, I don't think you understood what I said here. I never argued that they WOULDN'T make the Dragon Emperor DLC. I don't know what they plan to do with Cathay so I'm not going to debate with you on something I never even brought up, nor have any knowledge about.

My point, which multiple people have failed to understand is that Boris is NOT the main leader of Kislev anymore, just as Magnus the Pious is NOT the main leader of the Empire. Neither is going to come back and replace the newer people on the throne, it just wouldn't happen. This is what I was responding to.

I did NOT say he couldn't or shouldn't come. I agree with you that retcons can be made to make him work, and will be made if he were to come as an LL. But, saying that Boris is the main leader of Kislev unequivocally untrue.
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 385
    IMO they are not going to put a lore about HIm out now because He is probably a important character in WH3 in game story, where He is fighting one of other Chaos God. I bet He will fight against Nurgle and We will see His lore when Nurgle faction showcase begin.

BTW I need day one mod to change His name to Rasputin.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • MORTUSMORTUS Registered Users Posts: 121
    edited May 19
    Kostaltyn sounds same as the Bulgarian name Kostadin.
    Post edited by MORTUS on
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,105

Nymurax said:

1. Boris will sell DLC
    2. Hardly anyone collected or were interested in Kislev. It’s not an issue
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,554

Nymurax said:

Well SEGA are the original rights owners for this guy. As Tsar Boris he'd be the only thing more beautiful and noble than Kostaltyn.

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 29,907
    Elsa and Rasputin.

What an odd combo.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"Under construction" - Becky, daughter of Guanyin.

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus

• veresh1989veresh1989 Russia, Saint-PetersburgRegistered Users Posts: 4,451

Nymurax said:

1. Boris will sell DLC
    2. Hardly anyone collected or were interested in Kislev. It’s not an issue
    This is a very bad decision for a CA. For me personally, Kislev died, now it's just a country of barbarians in which there is no point. Another joke like Orcs or Skaven. I will wait for Elf DLC, while game 3 is an absolute failure.
  • CrajohCrajoh Member Registered Users Posts: 2,257
    Kostaltyn character looks pretty cool very interested in his story and role
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,557
    I gotta echo what others are saying and say that I really wish CA had released these with some lore blurbs we can sink our teeth into.

Kostaltyn's design is nice and all but he is NOT a character that already exists in the lore. We don't know him. There's no personality, history, or even abilities to get hyped for.

If you're gonna invent legendary lords wholesale, which you basically have to for Kislev and Cathay, you need to build them up so we can get hyped for their arrival.
  • PraiseSigmawPraiseSigmaw Registered Users Posts: 2,799
    Abmong said:

I neither hate or like Kostaltyn. He's decidedly Meh to me.

Still better than Cylostra.
    No, i also dislike Garth Ennis. He is very juvenile and raunchy, and some of his statements are utterly ridiculous, like Captain America being offensive to WWII veterans when his co-creator, Jack Kirby, served in the war and soldiers liked his stories.

If you think using your abilities to help and inspire people is childish, then i feel sorry for you.
  • OrderOfTheWhiteWolfOrderOfTheWhiteWolf Registered Users Posts: 158
    Kostaltyn reminds me of this actor.

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,311
    I take it there will be a lore video on the two soon?
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • PTreePTree Registered Users Posts: 807
    Very cool. Loving Kislev so far.
  • NymuraxNymurax Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 92

Nymurax said:

Well that's easy: Future DLC. An older, more well-known character will be a better sale point. But with the reboot of the old world by GW this guy could turn out to be Canon.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,620
    Never in TW:W have we had a mage and a support as the startingLL. Kislev is supposed to be The Empire or HE of this game. We know Tyrion and Franz are the most played lords of their respective titles by a large margin. Hope CA hasn’t made a mistake alienating the casuals here by not giving them the basic melee race ruler.