Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

⁓ Very Soon ⁓

Gotrek_BeastslayerGotrek_Beastslayer Registered Users Posts: 1,565
edited May 26 in Off Topic General

WH Novels:

- Vampire Wars: The Von Carstein Trilogy: 10/10
- Gilead's Blood: 8/10
- Riders of the Dead: 9/10
- Empire in Chaos: 9/10
- Mark of Damnation: 7.5/10
- Mark of Heresy: 7/10
- G&F: Trollslayer: 6.5/10
- G&F: Skavenslayer: 9.5/10
- G&F: Daemonslayer: 10/10
- G&F: Dragonslayer: 8/10
- G&F: Beastslayer: 8.5/10
- G&F: Vampireslayer: 7/10
- G&F: Giantslayer: 7.5/10
- The Chronicles of Malus Darkblade vol. one: 8.5/10
- Drachenfels: 6.5/10
- Genevìeve Undead: 7.5/10
- Silver Nails: 9.5/10
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,466
    *sad nurgling noises*

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,155
    CA 'Soon' = 6 Months

So maybe 'Very Soon' = 3 Months?

Ca would save themselves a lot of hassle if they changed every occurrence of 'soon' in their marketing to one of the following;
    • In Due course
    • When we have more to show you
    • A little while off yet.
    • Before release.
    • In the next few months.
  • peabodyestatepeabodyestate Registered Users Posts: 1,296
    When the mountains blow in the wind like leaves :D
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 3,844

CA 'Soon' = 6 Months

So maybe 'Very Soon' = 3 Months?

Ca would save themselves a lot of hassle if they changed every occurrence of 'soon' in their marketing to one of the following;

• In Due course
    • When we have more to show you
    • A little while off yet.
    • Before release.
    • In the next few months.
    Yes, but you can't create as much hype and marketability with those !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 959
    Man you guys have no patience... nearly every day one of you posted a thread about this topic.

Don't you have a life or other hobbys?
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,657
    Ok, once more with feeling

that is not even a month away. Not even two full weeks have past yet since that comment.

-----Red Dox
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 4,726
    Ferestor said:

Man you guys have no patience... nearly every day one of you posted a thread about this topic.

Half the fun of being on the forums is getting mad. Plus isn't CA trying to sell us a product? Can't sell it to me if I don't know anything about it.

Also you know you can multitask right? Like I can banter on the forums AND play a video game at the same time. Crazy.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
    @Commissar_G once dared to question me and tried to make a mockery of me for predicting Rasputin LL. Now that history has shown me to be the Victor, the Commissar begged for mercy. I quote directly
    "Well, your victory was complete and total. You may publicly admonish me and choose my fate. Do it. I deserve the shame I've brought to my ancestors." and I, being a humble Goddess have granted the Commisssar their wish.
    Let this Signature and @Commissar_G's horrific mistake serve as an example of what happens to those who question my Kairos Fateweaver levels of wisdom!
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,548
    Red_Dox said:

that is not even a month away. Not even two full weeks have past yet since that comment.

-----Red Dox

a glimmer of hope?

Ferestor said:

Half the fun of being on the forums is getting mad. Plus isn't CA trying to sell us a product? Can't sell it to me if I don't know anything about it.

Also you know you can multitask right? Like I can banter on the forums AND play a video game at the same time. Crazy.
    You go on a forum just to get mad? Wow...thats sad.

And you know that the pre-ordere race will be available even if you purchase WH3 1 week after the release. Crazy right...
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,325
    Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

And you know that the pre-ordere race will be available even if you purchase WH3 1 week after the release. Crazy right...
    If you're tired of people complaining you can just ignore the threads where people are complaining, crazy right.

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

You know what a joke is yes? If I were mad I wouldn't be on the forums.

No, the game. Total War Warhammer III. Full priced game. I know barely anything about it. 2/9 LLs and some of Khorne/Kislev's roster. Not exactly enough to get hyped and pre order.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
    @Commissar_G once dared to question me and tried to make a mockery of me for predicting Rasputin LL. Now that history has shown me to be the Victor, the Commissar begged for mercy. I quote directly
    "Well, your victory was complete and total. You may publicly admonish me and choose my fate. Do it. I deserve the shame I've brought to my ancestors." and I, being a humble Goddess have granted the Commisssar their wish.
    Let this Signature and @Commissar_G's horrific mistake serve as an example of what happens to those who question my Kairos Fateweaver levels of wisdom!
  • LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,466
    edited May 26

Ferestor said:

Fair, Tzeentch would approve.
    Post edited by Lunaticprince on

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

If you're tired of people complaining you can just ignore the threads where people are complaining, crazy right.
    Problem is there at to many of these threads, crazy too. But you are right. I'm out.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 11,325
    Ferestor said:

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

Problem is there at to many of these threads, crazy too. But you are right. I'm out.
    Avoid the forums for a while ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    There's nothing wrong with taking a break when the forums get unfun.

• SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 675
    edited May 26
    Red_Dox said:

-----Red Dox

Come on Gotreks meme was fun :)
    Post edited by Schub on
    Sigmar protect us all...

• LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 687
    "A thing that all things devours
    birds, beasts, trees, flowers
    gnaws iron, bites steel
    grinds hard stones to meal
    slays king, ruins town
    and beats mountain down"

--J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,784
    If you told a superior in the workplace you'll see it "very soon" on the 13th march and by the end of the Month you hadn't given an update you'd be in serious trouble.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,548

If you told a superior in the workplace you'll see it "very soon" on the 13th march and by the end of the Month you hadn't given an update you'd be in serious trouble.

"CA you're fired"
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,534
    Ferestor said:

You would have a perfectly valid point if it wasn't for CA having past form in this regard.

Even the incredibly pro-CA people on this forum and Reddit acknowledge CA's marketing and communication is excremental, and it's definition of the word "soon" uniquely their own.

So people already running with this isn't unreasonable, and the OP is having a laugh with it. If it offends CA in some way, and I doubt they care at all, it's on them to improve their cack marketing and communication for a product they want us to buy.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • BereaverBereaver Registered Users Posts: 860

gnaws iron, bites steel
    slays king, ruins town
    and beats mountain down"

--J.R.R. Tolkien

It is time! What do I win, my precious?
    Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

Personally I think this when the forums get the most fun. When the news drought boils over and people start begging for news and it turns into a mini-civil war. Then CA stick to their guns, we get news eventually, then argue about something trivial that was shown off, then get mad once there's no more news and the cycle repeats ad-infinitum.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 3,844

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

Personally I think this when the forums get the most fun. When the news drought boils over and people start begging for news and it turns into a mini-civil war. Then CA stick to their guns, we get news eventually, then argue about something trivial that was shown off, then get mad once there's no more news and the cycle repeats ad-infinitum.
    This forum is basically a very comedic take on Waiting for Godot, with more action and bickering !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Ferestor said:

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

Admit it, you’ll miss us.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• LevicariumLevicarium Registered Users Posts: 687
    Bereaver said:

gnaws iron, bites steel
    slays king, ruins town
    and beats mountain down"

--J.R.R. Tolkien

It is time! What do I win, my precious?
    Erm, ****, I haven't thought that far ahead... a few minutes not thinking about WH3 news?
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,778

Yeah but that's an entirely different situation.

CA is a game company that uses the word soon like every other game company.

If you're going to make it into an analogy (I never use analogies, they're all wrong and I hate them) CA would have said something perfectly normal and we'd have gotten annoyed with them for using the word correctly
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,155
    edited May 26

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

Some (wo)men just want to watch the world burn...
    Post edited by AxiosXiphos on
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,086
    Of course it will be very soon!

... In geologic time.
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,778

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Neodeinos said:

Ferestor said:

Ferestor said:

The forum is a beautiful ecosystem with the changes in place.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,222

Technically it's not the end of the Month yet,

But it we don't get the pre-order trailer this month, I will...

Sadly there is nothing I can really do about it
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,784
    Blaced said:

Technically it's not the end of the Month yet,

But it we don't get the pre-order trailer this month, I will...

Sadly there is nothing I can really do about it
    I'm less interested in the arbitrary cut off of romans emperors and more that it's been two weeks since "very soon".
    81jt2dj75iky.png