Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Kicked from game due to DLC specific map?

TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior MemberThe Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,499
edited July 2015 in Multiplayer
Tried to join two different games and received this message:

"Kicked from game due to host selecting DLC specific map that you don't have."

Same version of game. I have all dlc but Blood and Burning.
My Rig:
i7 8700k @ 4ghz
1 x Titan X Pascal
32GB 3000Mhz Ram
1TB SSD Drive
34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
Post edited by TheokolesOfRome on

Comments

• obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    Even if you had no DLC this would be a joke. Unless they released a specific map DLC, its really bad that someone gets kicked from a game becaus he didn´t buy something. It used to happen in Rome 2 as well. Ridiculous.
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,499
    edited April 2015
    Even if you had no DLC this would be a joke. Unless they released a specific map DLC, its really bad that someone gets kicked from a game becaus he didn´t buy something. It used to happen in Rome 2 as well. Ridiculous.

Well it could be a bug, but it does make me wonder why the message is there in the first place. A bug might throw up a garbled message, but for some reason it thinks it has to do with dlc.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    32GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • obelixthegreatobelixthegreat Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 228
    edited April 2015
    I´m not sure about attila, but in Rome 2 if the host chooses a dlc specific map which you don´t own, you get kicked and the message shows.
  • stratigenistratigeni Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 113
    edited June 2015
    I own all DLC, but was kicked from multiplayer yesterday with the same message as the OP's. Something isnt right. Or Perhaps, they are using a custom built map....they themselves designed with CA's Assembly kit for Attila. If this is the case, they should lock the game & open only for those who have an uploaded copy of that particular map design.
  • winsunshinewinsunshine Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 820
    edited June 2015
    Which map are they using?
  • CA_LunaCA_Luna Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,596
    edited July 2015
    Hi! Please could you make sure you have tried removing all Mod's you have installed (not just turning them off) as this can cause issues in MP , let me know if it still happens =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • LolihunteromegaLolihunteromega Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi! Please could you make sure you have tried removing all Mod's you have installed (not just turning them off) as this can cause issues in MP , let me know if it still happens =)

Hi there.

I am having the exact same issue as the OP. I have removed all mods and have tried joining games that are not modded.

any advice, links or known fixes you can please guide me to?

Also do you require additional information?

Thanks in advance.