Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Proof CA likely going to remain silent on this

ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 919
edited June 2021 in General Discussion

Wanted to make a separate post so people could get a chance to see , since there's alot of "are they gonna say anything" going around right now

Not particularly surprised but it def looks like they are just gonna remain silent on the backlash and wait tell they have more to push for their new TK game.

Not the strategy I'd recommend but here we are lol

We can all speculate as to why they canned support for the game (I'd recon most of the speculation is true if not mostly)

Moving forward personally, pretty much done with CA after WH3 (waiting for a big sale on that one) anyone who still buys I'd say do so with extreme caution. Wait a year or 2 and keep an eye on player feedback, judge the DLCs for yourself.

Also, word of advice. Ignore the obvious trolls in the forum right now , if someone says something absurdly dumb it was likely intentional.

Also, CA should hire Melissa she'd be a great PR 😂
Post edited by ComradCommodore on

Comments

• fan3982173917524862fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,584
    I would say to make a thread about it on their subreddit to show the way they'd let the negative reaction die down, but knowing that community, it'd get downvoted and hidden immediately. Nobody is reading these forums, least CA.
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 919

I would say to make a thread about it on their subreddit to show the way they'd let the negative reaction die down, but knowing that community, it'd get downvoted and hidden immediately. Nobody is reading these forums, least CA.

I'm not a reddit person, from my understanding reddit is a bunch of CA Slappy's so I'd imagine it wouldn't gain much traction there anyways

Trying to help my forum homies out 💪
  • toskyrun#2614toskyrun#2614 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 663
    how disgusting.
  • him_15him_15 Registered Users Posts: 151
    Shame on them.
  • him_15him_15 Registered Users Posts: 151
    If they decide to remain silent on this storm and pretend nothing has happened, then it would be a massive insult to the fans.
  • united84#8186united84#8186 Registered Users Posts: 1,141
    CA's AMA is like CA talking to themselves.
  • Rewan#2358Rewan#2358 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,859
    edited June 2021
    Relatively expected yes. Even if not pleasant.

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • Labria#2848Labria#2848 Registered Users Posts: 2,233
    As I expected. CA acts as if nothing had happened. I think Three KIngdoms 2 total war game is dead before this game was even make.
    edited June 2021
    Labria said:

As I expected. CA acts as if nothing had happened. I think Three KIngdoms 2 total war game is dead before this game was even make.

At the very least it's facing an up hill battle

I'd like to think it won't do well, but I mean look at the "What would you like to see in the next Three Kingdoms game?!" Post that Grac...I mean Melissa posted about. There are dullards in there already excited for the possibility of changes lol
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 86
    Warhammer 3 news drops tomorrow. So yeah I'm pretty sure they will be 100% on that and just hope everyone forgets the other stuff. It's really frustrating. (Personally I hope more people sign the petition so we're harder to ignore.)
  • Vin362#6699Vin362#6699 Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    edited June 2021
    Even when they do have an AMA they restrict what questions can be asked so you cannot ask about future content and if you think mentioning a bug would help it didn't, as seen by their refusal to acknowledged the bug exists an example was straight up saying "Han factions cannot recruit Yellow Turbans" and while rare this ignores the several posts where there was evidence of said bug.

I'm sure there other examples of them ignoring an issue for past Total War games as well if anyone wishes to share a memory as I'm not that familiar with the franchise history.
    Post edited by Vin362#6699 on
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • _aassassinoo__aassassinoo_ Registered Users Posts: 143
    There will be no explanations...
    Because
    Game was not profitable.why?
    The main reason is bad choices of dlcs(in my opinion 8p and fates divided)
    And lack of polish.
    So ca will not say "we abandoned game because of our mistakes"
    Saying that will make people more angry at them.
    We cant change companies policies but we can learn a lesson here.
    We can dont buy a game in future until we see it is complete.
  • figgsyfiggsy Registered Users Posts: 3
    "There's really no point in engaging with the community right now as there's nothing in it for us financially. We'll be back when we have another product to promote that we want you to start hyping up." ;)
  • LESAMA#5456LESAMA#5456 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,191
    We will remember!
    figgsy said:

"There's really no point in engaging with the community right now as there's nothing in it for us financially. We'll be back when we have another product to promote that we want you to start hyping up." ;)

Yup lol

100%
  • toskyrun#2614toskyrun#2614 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 663
    figgsy said:

sad but true
  • kaihookaihoo Registered Users Posts: 1,097
    edited June 2021
    Well unlike fans in the West, Chinese fans have long memories. CA will underestimate them at their own risk. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose the support of the Chinese fanbase entirely.

Wouldn't be surprised also if Chinese game developers are already coming up with plans for their own Total War style Three Kingdoms game. That would be really exciting.
    Well stop barking since it's useless and keep remembering.

For now CA is going to shut itself in and brew on 3K2. When we have more info on what that turns out to be then it will be time to judge. And we shall judge fairly.

CA has a lot of trust to regain. A 3K2 release is at this point an uphill battle, let's see how they handle this.

(PS : And I'll be frank, I doubt they could gain my trust back at least because it would most likely go against the financial decisions)

Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,144
    kaihoo said:

Well unlike fans in the West, Chinese fans have long memories. CA will underestimate them at their own risk. Wouldn't be surprised if they lose the support of the Chinese fanbase entirely.

Wouldn't be surprised also if Chinese game developers are already coming up with plans for their own Total War style Three Kingdoms game. That would be really exciting.

If they'd did it'd be a mobile gatcha game.

• #404522#404522 Registered Users Posts: 50
    A leader without the trust of their subjects will soon be no leader at all. CA has at least lost the hearts of 3K customers.
  • ShevaTsar#8662ShevaTsar#8662 Registered Users Posts: 642
    They can play ostriches as long as it pleases them, reality will eventually come back at them.
    We will remember.
    Welcome to Cathay - the very ancient, super-duper, hyper, fantastic, incredible, majestic, wonderful, sexy, mighty empire, the greatest of all livings.
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 1,004
    Playing silent ain’t gonna change people opinion . Oh let’s brush it under the rug and put some flashy new three kingdoms 2 . They honestly would be better off cancelling it and moving on because I doubt they will ever get the level of support they got before
    edited June 2021
    Playing silent ain’t gonna change people opinion

That's what they are going to do regardless.

You can disagree with facts, doesn't change the truth in them, it only makes a fool of you.

• Xenos777Xenos777 Registered Users Posts: 8,038
    well, what else should they say? It's all pretty clear.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Xenos7777 said:

Nope, it's not. They never cut support for a game short like this. They never before announced content only to then back down. That's pretty much the first time ever.

They must explain this.

Xenos7777 said:

Nope, it's not. They never cut support for a game short like this. They never before announced content only to then back down. That's pretty much the first time ever.

They must explain this.
    Thrones of Britannia.

• TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Amonkhet said:

Xenos7777 said:

They must explain this.
    Thrones of Britannia.
    Nope. They never announced any content for ToB. ToB also didn't have 3K's playerbase.

• LESAMA#5456LESAMA#5456 Member Registered Users Posts: 2,191

Amonkhet said:

Xenos7777 said:

They must explain this.
    Thrones of Britannia.
    Nope. They never announced any content for ToB. ToB also didn't have 3K's playerbase.

And was a saga game not the next historical flagship!
    LESAMA said:

Amonkhet said:

Xenos7777 said:

They must explain this.
    Thrones of Britannia.

And was a saga game not the next historical flagship!
    Its basically the same.

• TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 985
    Like I have said before, when vein conceited corporate suits decide something they never change their minds or admit they were wrong...

Well maybe when game two flops they will understand how dumb they are being by ignoring all the fans