Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Greater Daemons as Starting LLs for base game

The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 406
With Skarbrand being shown as the starting LL for Khorne's faction, I think it guarantees the starting LLs of the other Chaos factions will be greater daemons.

Ku'gath Plaguefather for Nurgle

Kairos Fateweaver for Tzeentch

N'Kari for Slaneesh

Comments

• PissedOffOneEyedGuyPissedOffOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,464
    of course it guarantees the other chaos factions will be lead by Greater Daemons
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    As it should be.
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 985
    My bet is 99% on these. Unless CA want to subvert expectations.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 406

of course it guarantees the other chaos factions will be lead by Greater Daemons

I was talking about monogod factions. I doubt Warriors Undivided and Chaos dwarfs will be lead by greater daemons.

But I think Chaos Daemons Undivided will be a surprise faction near the end lead by Be'lakor

• The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 406
    KirGeo said:

My bet is 99% on these. Unless CA want to subvert expectations.

I doubt they'll pull a Rian Johnson or Season 8 GoT on us for the main factions. Maybe the preorder race or the 9th LL but those are expected to be surprises.

But you can argue Kostaltyn subverted expectations

• LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 2,065
    Yes. This make most sense.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we will really get whole Daemons of Chaos army book at launch except named heralds. Khorne already got all his daemons units.
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,120
    Tzeentch is the one I would watch out for just being a cult leader starting over in Cathay
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,594
    I expect two demons and two mortals.

• KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 985
    Ingr8 said:

The Lord of Change may be an exception as we already have Sarthorael in the game.

Is Sarthorael special in any way? Thought it was a generic Lord of change. They might just add it to the Lord of change name pool.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,437
    edited June 2021
    N'Kari is the one not having a specific model nor rules. Maybe he'll stay a plot device and we'll get another named KoS.

And he's pretty famous for having got his butt handed to him quite often by the elves (okay super duper characters but still)
  • CaesarSahlertzCaesarSahlertz Registered Users Posts: 7,073
    uriak said:

N'Kari is the one not having a specific model nor rules. Maybe he'll stay a plot device and we'll get another named KoS.

Ku'gath never had a model either..
  • Eth3ryasEth3ryas Registered Users Posts: 943

I was talking about monogod factions. I doubt Warriors Undivided and Chaos dwarfs will be lead by greater daemons.

But I think Chaos Daemons Undivided will be a surprise faction near the end lead by Be'lakor

People say that and it's true I have no idea who the 9th LL could be. But if CA said 6 factions it's going to be 6 factions.
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,303
    edited June 2021
    KirGeo said:

Ingr8 said:

The Lord of Change may be an exception as we already have Sarthorael in the game.

Is Sarthorael special in any way? Thought it was a generic Lord of change. They might just add it to the Lord of change name pool.
    He has nothing special and doesn't even exist in the lore. We're 100% getting Kairos.

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 8,222
    Pocman said:

Expect to be disappointed.

Pocman said:

Expect to be disappointed.
    Nope, I don't really care. It's more of "I expect it to be that way", not a "i want it to be that way"

What is the point of going the mono route if you barely use the mortal side of the roster?
  • SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 8,126
    Pocman said:

What is the point of going the mono route if you barely use the mortal side of the roster?

Judging from what we've seen, there are a lot of mortal stuff in the rosters. Which is expected because daemons alone don't have enough units for four races.
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    edited June 2021
    Eth3ryas said:

People say that and it's true I have no idea who the 9th LL could be. But if CA said 6 factions it's going to be 6 factions.

CA would say 6 Races as if they said there'd be 7, and then one turned out to be wholly made up of units pulled from the other 6, people would flip out.

So the marketing says six (with a "bonus" Daemons Undivided revealed later).
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Pocman said:

In 2024+ longterm maybe.
    Each god gets one (1) LL at start. Skarbrand is the first revealed, so the Greater Daemon theory

seems to be the way until they reveal the next gods LL and it might not be a Greater Daemon.
    Eth3ryas said:

Careful here. The exact wording was

What races will be available in Total War: WARHAMMER III at launch?

We are excited to be able to confirm that Total War: WARHAMMER III contains a wider selection of individual races than any previous Total War: WARHAMMER core title.

Deep within the realms of Chaos the four Ruinous Powers of Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Khorne prepare for war and two mighty kingdoms stand sentinel: the stern warriors of Kislev and the vast empire of Grand Cathay.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/
    They never specified it will stick to 6. They can still make a surprise reveal later. Same as with Skaven for TWW2.

-----Red Dox
    Red_Dox said:

Pocman said:

In 2024+ longterm maybe.
    Each god gets one (1) LL at start. Skarbrand is the first revealed, so the Greater Daemon theory

seems to be the way until they reveal the next gods LL and it might not be a Greater Daemon.
    Eth3ryas said:

Careful here. The exact wording was

What races will be available in Total War: WARHAMMER III at launch?

We are excited to be able to confirm that Total War: WARHAMMER III contains a wider selection of individual races than any previous Total War: WARHAMMER core title.

Deep within the realms of Chaos the four Ruinous Powers of Nurgle, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Khorne prepare for war and two mighty kingdoms stand sentinel: the stern warriors of Kislev and the vast empire of Grand Cathay.

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-iii-faq/
    They never specified it will stick to 6. They can still make a surprise reveal later. Same as with Skaven for TWW2.

-----Red Dox
    I meant for the release. Like Khorne gets Skarbrand, Slaanesh gets Nakari, Tzeentch gets Vilitch and Nurgle Tamurkhan or whoever.
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 9,955
    edited June 2021
    What could likely happen....

Core Game LLs: Greater Daemons
    DLC 1 LLs: Mortals
    DLC 2 LLs: Named Heralds
    DLC 3 LLs: Newly-Made God-marked Beastmen LLs
    FLC 1: Fan-Favourite God-Marked Character
    FLC 2: Fan-Favourite God-Marked Character

This would mean all spectrums of Monogods are covered: Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen of Chaos

So as an example:

Core Game LL: Kairos Fateweaver
    DLC 1 LL: Vilitch the Curseling
    DLC 2 LL: The Blue Scribes
    DLC 3 LL: Named Tzaangor
    FLC 1: The Changeling
    FLC 2: Egrimm van Horstmann

Core Game LL: Skarbrand
    DLC 1 LL: Valkia the Bloody
    DLC 2 LL: U'zhul Skulltaker
    DLC 3 LL: Named Khorngor
    FLC 1 LL: Arbaal the Undefeated
    FLC 2 LL: Egil Styrbjorn

Core Game LL: N'Kari
    DLC 1 LL: Named Mortal
    DLC 2 LL: Masque of Slaanesh
    DLC 3 LL: Named Slaangor
    FLC 1 LL: Azazel
    FLC 2 LL: Dechala the Denied One

Core Game LL: Ku'Gath the Plaguefather
    DLC 1: Glottkin
    DLC 2: Epidemus
    DLC 3: Named Pestigor
    FLC 1: Tamurkhan
    FLC 2: Festus the Leechlord

Slaanesh is the tricky one, not a lot of named characters.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,486
    Pocman said:

That would horribly **** off the two who got mortals.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,201
    Eh i'm hoping we get some variety. Probably two greater demons and then one named lesser demon and one mortal. All GD's also makes sense but it'd be a bit boring. Besides i thing someone like N'kari could benefit greatly with unique campaign mechanics inherent with Lord packs.
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,664
    Greater demons as core, mortal followers as DLC 1 (Valkia, Dechzla, etc) Heralds/minor deamons as DLC 2/FLC1 and a final FLC or DLC with one of the most known character for each God.

There are more than enough Chaos characters out there for CA not to have to create named BM lords for Monogods. I don't think CA is looking for the backlash.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,068
    Amonkhet said:

What could likely happen....

DLC 2 LLs: Named Heralds
    DLC 3 LLs: Newly-Made God-marked Beastmen LLs
    FLC 1: Fan-Favourite God-Marked Character

This would mean all spectrums of Monogods are covered: Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos and Beastmen of Chaos

So as an example:

DLC 1 LL: Vilitch the Curseling
    DLC 2 LL: The Blue Scribes
    DLC 3 LL: Named Tzaangor

DLC 2 LL: U'zhul Skulltaker
    DLC 3 LL: Named Khorngor
    FLC 1 LL: Arbaal the Undefeated

DLC 1 LL: Named Mortal
    DLC 2 LL: Masque of Slaanesh
    DLC 3 LL: Named Slaangor
    FLC 1 LL: Azazel
    FLC 2 LL: Dechala the Denied One

DLC 1: Glottkin
    DLC 2: Epidemus
    DLC 3: Named Pestigor
    FLC 1: Tamurkhan

Slaanesh is the tricky one, not a lot of named characters.

I'm not sure about whether Beastmen will even be present in monos, so my hope/expectation is:

DLC 2 LLs: Fan-Favourite God-Marked Character
    FLC 1: Named Heralds
    FLC/DLC 3: (depends on how much content is available for each god): Fan-Favourite God-Marked Character

DLC 1: Vilitch the Curseling
    DLC 2: The Blue Scribes
    FLC/DLC 3: Aekold Helbrass

DLC 2: Arbaal the Undefeated
    FLC 1 LL: Skulltaker
    FLC/DLC 3: Skarr Bloodwrath

DLC 1 LL: Dechala the Denied One
    DLC 2 LL: Azazel
    FLC 1 LL: Masque of Slaanesh
    FLC 2 LL: Styrkaar
    Bonus FLC: Sigvald

DLC 1: Tamurkhan
    DLC 2: Glottkin
    FLC 1: Epidemius
    FLC/DLC 3: Gutrot Spume
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,664
    This is a really solid list @DeadpoolSW
    CA's promise to have us face the "full horrors of chaos" in Game 3 would be fulfilled if those characters are indeed the ones they chose.