Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Victory Conditions overhaul (July patch)

capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior MemberBath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,100
For the love of Nagash please CA do something about victory conditions especially short ones they're so inconsistent accross different Races it's unreal.

Vampire Counts capturing 8 major settlements to win short campaign is ridiculous and grindy.

Make them only capture Altdorf and Couronne, destroy Reikland and Couronne that's it, and maybe capture all provinces of the Empire.

That's only Vamps but they are one of examples how bad victory conditions are. I don't have game in front of me to post all examples.

#JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg

Comments

• HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,112
    And when they are at it, they could finally fix unique buildings for VC in game 2 settlements.
  • FlyingWarPigWithPawsFlyingWarPigWithPaws Registered Users Posts: 825
    Victory conditions in general need a major overhaul. Custom victory conditions at the start of the campaign would be even better.
    #TzeentchLivesMatter

• IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 967
    Agreed, I'm playing Helman Ghorst and I'd rather not have to take down the gigantic grimgor empire to fulfill the 8 major settlements requirement. I don't mind having to do that for a long campaign victory, but for the short? Feels excessive.
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 13,069
    I mean, Vampire Coast taking 8 major settlements is grindy....

Unless you make those 8 thematic. I mean, 3 of them start in the hands of Vampire Coast factions. You snipe Skavenblight and Miragliano to secure Sartosa and have yourself a nice alcove, you take Lothern for that nice port and you already have 6 major settlements which are kinda thematic. The remaining two you might as well get from alliances.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    The biggest boon they could do is technical : make victory condition editable as a database or even scriptable thing. This would make editing the map unecessary, allow changing winning conditions across a campaign (imagine the possibilities)

and a whole host of mods could do it for each faction without being incompatible.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,100
    Crossil said:

Unless you make those 8 thematic. I mean, 3 of them start in the hands of Vampire Coast factions. You snipe Skavenblight and Miragliano to secure Sartosa and have yourself a nice alcove, you take Lothern for that nice port and you already have 6 major settlements which are kinda thematic. The remaining two you might as well get from alliances.

Vampire Counts but yeah Coast also has the same problem. However it is manageable because VCoast is WH2 Race and has easier time expanding with all ranged units, I finished Noctilus within 130 turns.

But as Vamps I barely made it to Bretonnia, and still have of the Empire was grinding me down not fun at all.

The difference is that VCoast Lords don't suffer attrition and there is Horde buildings boosting your upkeep, movement speed and vamp corruption by A LOT.

Order Races have it much easier because they can do Military Alliance and win easily by having allies capture those settlements needed to win.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
    edited June 6

Crossil said:

Vampire Counts but yeah Coast also has the same problem. However it is manageable because VCoast is WH2 Race and has easier time expanding with all ranged units, I finished Noctilus within 130 turns.

But as Vamps I barely made it to Bretonnia, and still have of the Empire was grinding me down not fun at all.

The difference is that VCoast Lords don't suffer attrition and there is Horde buildings boosting your upkeep, movement speed and vamp corruption by A LOT.

Order Races have it much easier because they can do Military Alliance and win easily by having allies capture those settlements needed to win.
    Ah, Counts.

I actually did a short campaign victory with them recently. I actually did force through a win by forging alliances with Dreadfleet and Awakened in a single turn by giving a lot of cash to them, to push the major settlement count up to 8 as I couldn't be bothered to conquer it all. Dawitide was Asurtide were rising and I rushed it to finish the campaign off as I really didn't feel like playing it after killing Chaos off.

And it actually was difficult. Reikland actually took both Marienburg AND Couronne in my campaign and confederated much of the Empire. It's a bloody grind to be sure but eventually they fall apart.

Tbh, the place with a lot of needed settlements Southern Realms. Sartosa/Miragliano/Skavenblight make a nice concentration, and you might as well try to get Skryre or Sartosa as an ally.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 974
    Use the Victory Condition Overhaul mod
  • SPBSPB Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    aMint1 said:

does that also fix the "no chaos invasion = no victory possible" problem?
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,254
    I'am in pain with my Norsca campaign, for the short victory I need 5 Major capitals and hold them...lol. With no walls and **** poor garrison, like they give you infantry with almost no warhounds so you get kitted forever...
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
    SPB said:

aMint1 said:

I believe so. Not sure which factions that applies to but I've reached victory screen for quite a few since that update.

I'am in pain with my Norsca campaign, for the short victory I need 5 Major capitals and hold them...lol. With no walls and **** poor garrison, like they give you infantry with almost no warhounds so you get kitted forever...

You do?

Was that recently added? I recall not needing any capital settlements when I did my run..... or was it because I allied Dark Elves who had a couple of them? I only recall taking Altdorf and Couronne for myself.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 12,385
    Crossil said:

You do?

Was that recently added? I recall not needing any capital settlements when I did my run..... or was it because I allied Dark Elves who had a couple of them? I only recall taking Altdorf and Couronne for myself.
    The settlements owned by your military allies count for the victory conditions.
    #JusticeForTzeentch
    #JusticeForMonogods

• SPBSPB Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9
    aMint1 said:

SPB said:

aMint1 said:

I believe so. Not sure which factions that applies to but I've reached victory screen for quite a few since that update.
    hmm, maybe i didnt set it up properly. but neither in the ongoing campaign nor in a fresh start does that issue disappear. the mod seems to take it out of short campaign victory conditions though.

you could use the "better norsca buildings" mod, but the creator went a little too far if you ask me.
    makes for an interesting challenge if you re trying to conquer norsca though ^^
    SPB said:

aMint1 said:

SPB said:

aMint1 said:

hmm, maybe i didnt set it up properly. but neither in the ongoing campaign nor in a fresh start does that issue disappear. the mod seems to take it out of short campaign victory conditions though
    If it only applies to long conditions then I have no idea - I never play to those.
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,254
    Crossil said:

You do?

Yeah you were just "lucky" to have the DE allied with you I guess, as for me they declared war on me early and never looked back, became a superpower...they are sending 10+ stacks into Norsca, so I though F it, and just abandoned all of it lol. I have just beaten Archaon so I'm basically free of upkeep so I just have to flee and hope the Empire get their attention.

Also now that I own no territory, I dont have "great power" which is the clear mistake I made here early game I went to beat the entire Norscans and everyone hates you after that for being Aversion -40 and great power -30 or more...

If I was to replay that campaign I'd approach it completely differently...I just want to get it over with though lol...
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,560
    HTF is capturing 8 major settlements grindy?

I do that just to fill a Waaagh! bar.