Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

They removed DLC???

2»

Comments

• mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,237
    Maybe they are switching to a new format where not everyone and their mother can see the things there, to avoid possible leaks, or it may be something on the side of Valve.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,651
    Schub said:

ArneSo said:

I’m no IT expert (actually I don’t know anything about it), so I’m wondering what could’ve caused that? Maybe a new Server or general update of Steam?

I am a developer but I never worked with steam so I can only guess: Maybe steam changed their 'DLC framework' and now you have to delete all DLC entries without a shop site and create new ones to have access to steams changes.
    Daruwind said:

ArneSo said:

I’m no IT expert (actually I don’t know anything about it), so I’m wondering what could’ve caused that? Maybe a new Server or general update of Steam?

Change of steam structure vs steamdb, how steam is handling DLCs....or maybe visibility/privileges. It is possible those DLCs are now hidden from public by default...
    Thanks, sounds plausible to me.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,460
    Schub said:

I am a developer but I never worked with steam so I can only guess: Maybe steam changed their 'DLC framework' and now you have to delete all DLC entries without a shop site and create new ones to have access to steams changes.

We can still see older DLCs even those that are virtual...like Drycha - no steam page, way to download it

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,402
    Every time someone says "toxicity", I squeeze a Snotling until it's head pops off.

Most overused buzzword ever.
  • Captain_Rex#1635Captain_Rex#1635 Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 37,651
    Itharus said:

Every time someone says "toxicity", I squeeze a Snotling until it's head pops off.

Have you been to the 3k forum recently? The word perfectly describes what’s going on over there.
    Summon the Elector Counts!
  • Loreguy#1056Loreguy#1056 Registered Users Posts: 1,816
    Itharus said:

I have urge to listen System of a Down :smiley:

But yes. I'm developing alergy on that word.
  • ThomassiniThomassini Registered Users Posts: 1,151
    ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

ArneSo said:

WH2 is cancelled like 3k. WH3 too probably.

The bitter truth that SEGA and CA have been hiding from us for quite some time is that the current FLC+DLC formula’s profitability is not enough to sustain the poor hard-working chaps at the top. They can’t afford their jet fuel with the less-than-expected recent DLC sales!

As a result, it’s an understandable and desirable move to scrap FLC policy altogether and stop the DLC after “The Silence and The Fury”. Moreover, Total War: Warhammer 3 has been cancelled, as a part of an overall effort to upgrade the engines and move on from the outdated Total War formula to the one based on the tastes of a wider fanbase.

As a consolation, new game will be revealed tonight in the video “The Future of Total War”-> TW: Warhammer mobile, with tried & trusted pay-to-win mechanic, a lot of custom skins and avatars and plethora of paid items. It will be released on all platforms at once, as no one except a few fossilized Westerners and geeks uses PCs for gaming anymore. They will still get a chance to savour the gameplay on their ancient and outdated machines though, as a part of all-inclusive policy.

Don’t forget that you can get free voicelines from the Rakarth FLC for a limited time on your TW: Access!
    I don’t know if this is serious or a joke, but can we please stop with the toxicity?
    It’s not serious. Do I really have to explain that?

Look, it’s just three lines in steam database, which has been changed thousands of times in the past. It likely doesn’t mean anything.
    Ah sorry then. Hard to tell these days if someone is joking or serious. Especially since the forum is extremely hostile towards CA recently.

Obviously it doesn’t mean anything. Probably just a problem with Steam or steamDB.
    No worries. I'm not that much into conspiracy theories so I wouldn't stoke the fires of it unless being sarcastic.

Concering the hostility towards CA though, they earned it, the way they announced the end of support for 3K is unexplicable for me, no matter what angle do you take.
  • ToxicFlames#7892ToxicFlames#7892 Registered Users Posts: 703
    Crap the World just Blew up! AOS is Coming!

• Triumph4meTriumph4me Registered Users Posts: 115
    Loreguy said:

Itharus said:

I have urge to listen System of a Down :smiley:

But yes. I'm developing alergy on that word.
    Can't agree more with u. Atm if u have a bittter/acid sense of humor ur just "toxic"
    "oH hOWW dareee u to bE so TOXiiiC"
    People rly need to grow up and either learn 2 deal with this or just ignore it.
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    Daruwind said:

Sight...

Rome II

Stellaris

Civilization VI

so it seems to be something different..

Disappointing. I was hopping that for once CA was actually **** with people for reading the tea leaves.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • Vulryn#8821Vulryn#8821 Registered Users Posts: 111
    edited June 2021
    Now now, my fellow Gors. There‘s no reason to go full bovine and raid everything just yet, you‘ll see. We will receive our flc beastpeople content. In due time, everything will unfold in front of our very eyes. Morrslieb whispered so into my own ear. Just you wait.

#MoOoOoOoo
  • Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,015
    The future of total war warhammer video incoming, we had a good run everyone ... :'(
  • Jman5#8318Jman5#8318 Registered Users Posts: 2,113
    Daruwind said:

Yeah most likely it is something with steam or steamDB...unless we think games like DOOM and many others are connected..with BM issue..actually DOOm :D

Yeah, I think something broke on Steam's end. When I booted up Stellaris this morning, it told me that I didn't own a DLC I did own.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,735
    Itharus said:

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,743
    There was a Steam client update today, maybe it has to do something with that.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI