Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Futur LP with Norsca ?

LoukarvicLoukarvic Registered Users Posts: 47

Subject in the Title.

Comments

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,617
    Nice, I hope they will get Sayl and Egil.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 253
    possible, who knows, we will have to wait for 2022/23 and see :)
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,838
    Looks promising. Norsca should be one of the first crossovers in my opinion, since it needs a rework the most now.

Seems like Dawi and VC have to wait a bit longer.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    makar55 said:

Sayl yes. Egil is Khorne.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,463
    Mortkin Hype.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 414
    edited June 10
    Dammit! there goes the next Meme.

Joke aside glad to see them being adressed.

SURTHA EK! SURTHA EK! SURTHA EK!

Mortkin Hype.

Would prefer Beorg personally against Kislev. Mortkin sounds more like WoC to me.

The Bear & the Bear. Do it CA! 😂
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 963
    ArneSo said:

makar55 said:

What about Amgil?
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 108
    Ain't Sayl a Kurgan?
    aMint1 said:

ArneSo said:

makar55 said:

What about Amgil?
    I have honestly no idea who that is.😅
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 963
    ArneSo said:

aMint1 said:

ArneSo said:

makar55 said:

What about Amgil?
    I have honestly no idea who that is.😅
    Sllab Amgil
  • MarkerMarker Registered Users Posts: 1,810
    ArneSo said:

Looks promising. Norsca should be one of the first crossovers in my opinion, since it needs a rework the most now.

Norsca VS Kislev ( probably Boris ) is pretty obvious.
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 712
    It was bound to happen anyways. Sayl for the DLC against Cathay or Egil Styrbjorn against Kislev. And Egil should be Norsca as he has a clear role in Norsca as High Jarl of the Skaelings. Khorne has enough characters already and Egil can surely come with updated Norsca mechanics that allows focus on a single god.
  • IokkoIokko Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 962
    Sayl vs Cathay <3 I had hope but seeing a dev mention wanting to update Norsca means I can rest easy, it's only a matter of time :)
    Stating opinions as if they're facts in your signature and adding "Change my mind" doesn't make them facts, change my mind.
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 542
    Hope they get actual Norscan characters
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,172
    edited June 10
    Grba said:

Ain't Sayl a Kurgan?

The Norsca in-game is more "Northern Chaos Tribes" in general, than strictly Norsca.

The Kurgan, as an example, are famed for their use of Mammoths and Horsemasters, not the Norscans.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 675
    Hm I think WoC needs the rework sooner than later but ok. I mean the Q&A confirmed that they won’t get a rework with the release of WH3 ( I never believed that anyway)
    Sigmar protect us all...

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,603
    Grba said:

Ain't Sayl a Kurgan?

Dolgan, but it's a tribe of Chaos and he rides a Mammoth. It's close enough.
  • yukontherunyukontherun Registered Users Posts: 869
    Loukarvic said:

Subject in the Title.

Where exactly do you see LP in that answer? They're mentioning the one race that hasn't gotten a "rework" by CA standards (plus WoC, but I think that points to a WH3 launch rework). Both dwarfs and VC got reworked without an LP, the same can be true of norsca.
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,962
    Fossoway said:

Grba said:

Ain't Sayl a Kurgan?

Sayl doesn't ride a Mammoth himself, instead he has a pet Chaos Spawn (similar to Skarsnik and Gobbla), but the Dolgans are known for using mammoths. Also, the Dolgans are a Kurgan tribe.

(Broadly speaking, I don't think Norsca is a good fit for Sayl. If he comes, I'd rather he was a WoC lord that got access to mammoths.)
    Marker said:

ArneSo said:

Norsca VS Kislev ( probably Boris ) is pretty obvious.
    I think Boris will be the very first Kislev LP so against a WH3 race.
    Draxynnic said:

Fossoway said:

Grba said:

Ain't Sayl a Kurgan?

Sayl doesn't ride a Mammoth himself, instead he has a pet Chaos Spawn (similar to Skarsnik and Gobbla), but the Dolgans are known for using mammoths. Also, the Dolgans are a Kurgan tribe.

(Broadly speaking, I don't think Norsca is a good fit for Sayl. If he comes, I'd rather he was a WoC lord that got access to mammoths.)
    He does in the Tamurkhan book and considering that CA even gives made up mounts to LLs, a Mammoth would be fitting.

I also start to think he makes more sense as a WoC LL. He should have access to mammoths and some basic BM tho.
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,463
    Mortkin Hype.
    ArneSo said:

Draxynnic said:

Fossoway said:

Grba said:

Ain't Sayl a Kurgan?

He does in the Tamurkhan book and considering that CA even gives made up mounts to LLs, a Mammoth would be fitting.

I also start to think he makes more sense as a WoC LL. He should have access to mammoths and some basic BM tho.
    Interestingly though he doesnt have a mammoth as a mount option.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!

Mortkin Hype.

ArneSo said:

Draxynnic said:

Fossoway said:

Grba said:

Ain't Sayl a Kurgan?

Interestingly though he doesnt have a mammoth as a mount option.
    Which doesn't really matter for CA if we look at Lokhir, Settra, Peclis or Wulfrik.

If Sayl is indeed a WoC LL and comes with a LP, I think a Chaos War Shrine Mount would be great for him.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,105
    edited June 10
    You know for a fact it's Sayl vs Cathay.
    ArneSo said:

If Sayl is indeed a WoC LL and comes with a LP, I think a Chaos War Shrine Mount would be great for him.

No, he rides a Mammoth in the actual account of Tamurkhan.

And, technically, Norscan War Shrines are on their Mammoths.

And that Warshrine is carried around by heavily mutated creatures. It fits Tzeentch more.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,466
    Schub said:

Hm I think WoC needs the rework sooner than later but ok. I mean the Q&A confirmed that they won’t get a rework with the release of WH3 ( I never believed that anyway)

So they get a rework with a lp.

Crossil said:

You know for a fact it's Sayl vs Cathay.

ArneSo said:

No, he rides a Mammoth in the actual account of Tamurkhan.

And, technically, Norscan War Shrines are on their Mammoths.

And that Warshrine is carried around by heavily mutated creatures. It fits Tzeentch more.
    Fair enough. I would be fine with it being a Tzeentch unit.

Sayl on a War Shrine Mammoth would be perfect indeed. Completely forgot that unit.
  • LoukarvicLoukarvic Registered Users Posts: 47

Loukarvic said:

Subject in the Title.

Where exactly do you see LP in that answer? They're mentioning the one race that hasn't gotten a "rework" by CA standards (plus WoC, but I think that points to a WH3 launch rework). Both dwarfs and VC got reworked without an LP, the same can be true of norsca.
    Since Empire rework, every new ones came with one LP with LL and some units (Empire, GS, WE and now BM), by this fact we could expect the same for Norsca.
    I don't claim this will be their case, but it have big chances.

Plus Norsca could have some new LL and units, even if they aren't in bad state.
  • FerdiadLivesFerdiadLives Registered Users Posts: 161
    I really want a more Norse aesthetic to future norscan units like in the lore art. Current Norscans are just Kurgan marauders.

I really want a more Norse aesthetic to future norscan units like in the lore art. Current Norscans are just Kurgan marauders.

Agreed. Bondsmen, Whalers and Shieldmaidens would be awesome.