Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

To anyone feeling powerless in the face of CA Continue to show displeasure

EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 86
I don't know about you guys, but I'm still encountering several bugs after the "final patch" for 3k. The silent treatment to the backlash is also quite frustrating. Facing this situation and silence alone is very depressing, but try to remember we are a community who feel collectively wronged.

While I won't lie, the hope is slim, we are in a window close enough to the announcement to perhaps get some kind of concession from CA in regards to 3k. The key to that though is making noise. I'm not talking about review bombing which will be blocked anyway. instead gather all of your newly encountered and outstanding bugs on this "completed project" and bombard CA channels (with game related issues and grievances not personal malice) with them. Use the forums, Steam, the official discord historical feedback channel, and reddit. Risk getting temporarily blocked or banned. Beyond CA channels go to any articles on Facebook or twitter about 3k and complain. Email gaming publications with your grievances. Simply come together and make noise. If CA wants to claim 3k is a "complete" game contest them every time they try.

Now I know there are several people reading and thinking about typing, "If you want change vote with your wallet when the next game comes out, don't buy it." While that certainly sounds sensible, the opportunity to show our displeasure via our wallet is two plus years out. At this point that simply is not an option to us and not an opportunity we can take advantage of it. So please report bugs and make noise.

I'll also add that a small group of a few motivated people will not accomplish this task. The only way this works is if a lot of us work together to be heard. So I would urge anyone reading who is upset by this decision, but too shy to type anything. Type. It doesn't hurt you and has the potential to help.

As this entire episode has unfolded, what's personally driven me crazy is how little power we as gamers actually have to seek redress from corporations that we feel have wronged us. The power dynamic is not in our favor. In these circumstances the corporation is not the victim. The only weapon we have to attempt to balance that dynamic is our collective voice. So I would wholeheartedly urge any readers of this to bug report and make as much noise in any CA 3k related venue possible. We probably won't get anything, but we might get something. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• MKEsbjornMKEsbjorn Registered Users Posts: 534
    I like the initiative, but CA has not responded well to bug request and some of the existing bugs have been in the game a very long time. So it is unlikely that anything will come from this. I know it is sad but I can't see CA changing their stance to allow a small team to work on bug fixes (although that would be great)
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 86
    MKEsbjorn said:

I like the initiative, but CA has not responded well to bug request and some of the existing bugs have been in the game a very long time. So it is unlikely that anything will come from this. I know it is sad but I can't see CA changing their stance to allow a small team to work on bug fixes (although that would be great)

Even if it's unlikely we should do it anyway. Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say. Also if anything the bug reporting will serve as a warning for someone.
  • ScyvhScyvh Registered Users Posts: 88
    Your petition is still gaining signatures daily. It will have been discussed (a couple of times) by now, and someone must have (at least for a few moments) scratched their head at it. They also know 1000 signatures is the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Next to not buying future releases and cancelling pre-orders, that's the best we can do to signal our discontent.

(The developers must be even more disappointed than we are. It's the best TW they have ever made, and the passion and love that was thrown into it is apparent in everything)
    Please sign & share the petition to save Three Kingdoms
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,707
    Scyvh said:

(The developers must be even more disappointed than we are. It's the best TW they have ever made, and the passion and love that was thrown into it is apparent in everything)

The reason that the DLCs didn't sell well is precisely because the developers did a terrible job making the game with ample bugs and problems left unsolved and unfixed when their project is "complete."

• him_15him_15 Registered Users Posts: 151
    Indeed, we have to stay and stick together.
  • TheTrue_LordAndyTheTrue_LordAndy Registered Users Posts: 949
    They won't, there is no more revenue from the game now so why would they allocate expenses towards it. That would be a pure financial loss.

Obviously I want a team for bug fixes, but just know they won't do it.
  • dracezhandracezhan Registered Users Posts: 59

Scyvh said:

The reason that the DLCs didn't sell well is precisely because the developers did a terrible job making the game with ample bugs and problems left unsolved and unfixed when their project is "complete."
    This was probably the most frustrating thing. The DLC's were all extremely poor quality and I was only purchasing them to support the game but there were many superior mods to the DLC's. In addition, the DLC's all felt extremely tone deaf as most ppl were just going to play 190 and has been saying since the start that top of the desirable lists were just additional uniques. MoH was probably the "best" DLC till it was immediately broken for a long long long time with the fervor mechanics.

I grew up in an age where you can buy some garbage games and honestly, I'll just chalk the DLC's as part of those and treat CA much more warily now.
    dracezhan said:

This was probably the most frustrating thing. The DLC's were all extremely poor quality and I was only purchasing them to support the game but there were many superior mods to the DLC's. In addition, the DLC's all felt extremely tone deaf as most ppl were just going to play 190 and has been saying since the start that top of the desirable lists were just additional uniques.

Exactly, there is nobody else but CA and the devs to blame for releasing the first tone death DLC of eight princes to kill it's own momentum from their initial sales. Then, they released a half baked DLC full of bugs and an incomplete campaign called MOH and they only started dropping a decent DLC after that. Then, there was the Nan Man which didn't even have a Southern Expeditions start and the 50 turns and done Fates Divided, the DLCs overall are extremely poor.

• ScyvhScyvh Registered Users Posts: 88
    dracezhan said:

Scyvh said:

This was probably the most frustrating thing. The DLC's were all extremely poor quality and I was only purchasing them to support the game but there were many superior mods to the DLC's. In addition, the DLC's all felt extremely tone deaf as most ppl were just going to play 190 and has been saying since the start that top of the desirable lists were just additional uniques. MoH was probably the "best" DLC till it was immediately broken for a long long long time with the fervor mechanics.

I grew up in an age where you can buy some garbage games and honestly, I'll just chalk the DLC's as part of those and treat CA much more warily now.
    I disagree. I thought Mandate and Nanman were both extraordinaryly well done (disregarding the bugs). And the base game itself was a great accomplishment: it still is the best TW ever made. It's almost as if there wasn't a clear DLC roadplan: the weird 8 princes, the flashback Mandate, it took till Fates Divided to go into what fans wanted to see: Guandu. Imagine if Guandu had had the same production values as Mandate.

Guandu, Chibi, Hanzhong, Three Kingdoms, that was what people were looking for. What's 3K2 going to start with? The 3 actual kingdoms without Liu Bei and Cao Cao at the helms?
    Please sign & share the petition to save Three Kingdoms
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,582
    Looks like Steam filtered all the negative reviews for off topic activity. Guess CA won in the end.

• HiHazelHiHazel Registered Users Posts: 31
    Deleting bad reviews will make CA losing everything, if you want to be enemy of all players, then they simply just abandon you, that's all.
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,491
    edited June 2021
    Too many negative reviews over a short period of time probably triggered something on steam's end to investigate not saying all the negative where unwarranted, but I think it got worse when some decided to leave negative reviews on all Total War games and just 3K.
    Post edited by Vin362 on
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • BubaxBubax Registered Users Posts: 17
    Vin362 said:

Too many negative reviews over short period of time probably triggered something on steams end to investigate not saying all the negative where unwarranted, but I think it got worse when some decided to leave negative reviews on all Total War games and just 3K.

I'm sure it triggered a high level phone call from SEGA to Valve, hence the change in reviews.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 2,178
    Bubax said:

Vin362 said:

Too many negative reviews over short period of time probably triggered something on steams end to investigate not saying all the negative where unwarranted, but I think it got worse when some decided to leave negative reviews on all Total War games and just 3K.

I'm sure it triggered a high level phone call from SEGA to Valve, hence the change in reviews.
    Glad someone noticed…
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 11,686
    Shouldn't have targeted non-3K CA games. They'll think the game is being brigaded and remove the reviews.

• epic_159737173253Wqa7kPxepic_159737173253Wqa7kPx Registered Users Posts: 23
    A World Betrayed struck me as a really well done DLC. I tend to lack the patience for MoH once the Yellow Turbans are crushed. That said, I enjoyed it and the other DLCs.
    I've actually enjoyed all the DLC for different reasons. What I really wanted was for the devs to do more intermittent patch work. What really struck me wasn't that the DLC's were bad. (As I said I think on whole they're all very good) the problem is the total lack of hype maintained between each one.
    I think if we had gotten some smaller patches that tweaked/buffed/balanced existing 190 factions or brought a new unique character along with bug fixes between DLCs the reception to the DLC would have been better received. Instead we'd get a DLC, hear nothing for six months, then get a patch, and then get another six months of silence.
  • BubaxBubax Registered Users Posts: 17

I've actually enjoyed all the DLC for different reasons. What I really wanted was for the devs to do more intermittent patch work. What really struck me wasn't that the DLC's were bad. (As I said I think on whole they're all very good) the problem is the total lack of hype maintained between each one.
    I think if we had gotten some smaller patches that tweaked/buffed/balanced existing 190 factions or brought a new unique character along with bug fixes between DLCs the reception to the DLC would have been better received. Instead we'd get a DLC, hear nothing for six months, then get a patch, and then get another six months of silence.

Me too, well--except the princes DLC. That is just a weird release because it's so distant in the future and there's nothing in between...
  • dracezhandracezhan Registered Users Posts: 59
    The issue with the DLC's weren't that the concept was bad. It was more that something down the line would inevitably break things or they would break pre-existing things. (People must've been forgeting things like how Cao Cao would start with no income during World Betrayed launch or LuBu momentum breaking off reloads)
    Bubax said:

Me too, well--except the princes DLC. That is just a weird release because it's so distant in the future and there's nothing in between...
    I actually unironically love the eight princes. I might have put this on a different forum, but it's a really good sandbox campaign and the tech tree makes it so you can actually unlock most the dragon units around the same time so you can build some really cool armies. The ability to make cool armies does kind of make the lack of uniques feel like less of an issue. I really really wish they would have given 8p another pass over and added in nanman in the south and spawning bandit generals. Also each faction starts with one or two generic portrait characters with unique backgrounds (i.e. He Lun, Zhang Fang, Princess Pei, etc.) I think there are 14 of them total. if even just those 14 characters got a unique portraits and maybe tweaked skill trees it would actually be a super amazing campaign I think people would have few complaints about.

Also maybe some tweaking of the empress. Also nomads would have made it way cooler especially if they beefed them out like the Jin.
    Agree the big issue though is it was way too far removed from the 190 start.
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,818
    I'll just say one thing : CA at least heard us about patching the game.

Whether or not something actually comes out it - which is a real different beast - I don't know (and truthfully I don't think so)

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
    Rewan said:

Whether or not something actually comes out it - which is a real different beast - I don't know (and truthfully I don't think so)

I imagine if we hear anything it will be this Tuesday the 15th or Thursday the 17th. If anything isn't said past that then I think we know for sure silence is the answer.
  • RyanLuiRyanLui Registered Users Posts: 257
    edited June 2021
    Actually for me because they stopped support so sudden and left bugs and broken promises, I am never buying a total war game. I mean if it peaks my interest (not likely as I don't care for rumors of empire 2, medieval 3, even new 3k game, I find warhammer boring), I might buy it when its complete. This is a good thing for me because I would pre purchase every total war game and dlc since atila and it would cause a huge money problem or "regret" for me. Finally I can get out of the loop and focus on other games.Total war was the only games i would pre purchase because at that time I though i could trust that they would do a good job but now it doesn't seem so. Most of my friend left when warhammer came out, so now I guess I can hang out with them more.
  • Warlord_Lu_BuWarlord_Lu_Bu Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    Nah, I think it's over. I think this was a failed project and rather than keep going, the Suits decided to bail out now and start over with the data they have. Am I terribly disappointed? totally... did I leave a bad review for Three Kingdoms? yes, explaining that it is unacceptable for a game developer to quit half way through and than offer to charge us the same price for another Version of the same game!

All I can say, is that this has shaken the very foundations of my customer loyalty to CA and I have been here (not on the forums mind) since I bought my first cd key for Shogun Total War + Mongol Invasion. I expect such things from the giant mega corps like Activision Blizzard or EA Games, but CA? naaw... didn't see that coming. Money does such terrible things to game developers.
    "I am the punishment of Tengri, if you had not sinned, he would not have sent me against you." - Chenghis Khan Temujin
    Rewan said:

It just adds to their malicious intent that they have heard us, and chose to ignore us completely.

I imagine if we hear anything it will be this Tuesday the 15th or Thursday the 17th. If anything isn't said past that then I think we know for sure silence is the answer.

Mmmh debatable, if they do indeed come and release another patch it will most likely come entierely out of nowhere. CA does have a tradition of not patching the games once they are "done" with them unless there's something potentially harmful to their image. (cf : Shogun 2 little patch that removed chatrooms but didn't fix the wrong ammo count on ninjas even tho it would literally take 2 second to fix up the ninjas)

It just adds to their malicious intent that they have heard us, and chose to ignore us completely.

And you're being ridiculous at this point. Seeing malice where there's none. lol.

Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,582
    Rewan said:

That's just PR talk by their discord overseers, they won't make an official comment about 3K until it's time for us to cough up more money when they release 3K2 for pre-order. I don't trust CA one bit to make amends with their fans after this. At least they have the WH community for now, I'm waiting on how they'll treat that game when it launches before I even think of buying it.
    edited June 2021
    That's just PR talk by their discord overseers

Nevertheless it's a sort of acknowledgment. They saw our response to the whole ordeal, they heard our complaints and our pleas. They are not pretending it didn't exist.
    And again it's unrelated to whether or not something "good" happens to good old 3K. (Such as a new patch being released) - CA are just aware on how miffed we are. (Now are SEGA aware ? I don't know)

I'm not getting WH3 in the meantime. And I'm not getting TROY either.

• LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 2,178
    Rewan said:

That's just PR talk by their discord overseers

Nevertheless it's a sort of acknowledgment. They saw our response to the whole ordeal, they heard our complaints and our pleas. They are not pretending it didn't exist.
    And again it's unrelated to whether or not something "good" happens to good old 3K. (Such as a new patch being released) - CA are just aware on how miffed we are. (Now are SEGA aware ? I don't know)

I'm not getting WH3 in the meantime. And I'm not getting TROY either.
    I’m also not buying both titles. Tried warhammer 2 last week after years of absence but was bored pretty quickly due to the clunky ui and diplomacy being absolute non existent. Also battles don’t make sense at all with cav not behaving like cav and such. Now playing gates of hell which is pretty awesome and really captures the ww2 atmosphere.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file